Old 10th February 2003, 21:57   #1
Foxw

That's just Prime

I'm sure FresbieMonkey will enjoy this, but here's the concept for my latest idea.

Still got to add the buttons for things like PL, Eq and other stuff,
planing to have it so when you click the arms (where the pl and eq buttons will be) the arms will slide out (transform) to bring out the appropriate window
Attached Images
File Type: gif primeskin.gif (34.8 KB, 1250 views)

Last edited by Foxw; 10th February 2003 at 22:26.
Foxw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2003, 23:07   #2
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Looks cool, but d'oh! Great minds seem to think alike, heh. cloneemperor has been working on something very similar for awhile now. Check out this thread
He's been on less and less, but I think he is still working on the skin. I'd try talking to him, see if he'd be interested in a partner. Or maybe just choose a different Transformer? There are plenty to pick from. Or you can keep working on this, that's cool too. Not like we can't have more than one of the same character. Whichever you choose, the more Transformer skinners we have, the better.
~FrisbeeMonkey
frisbeemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2003, 23:32   #3
Foxw

*chuckle* beleve it or not it was the idea of your soundwave skin that got my mind going.. but after seeing CE's skin, I think I'm going to keep on mine, since I want to add in alot of kewl little things, I'm already thinking about which TF to do, say which TF's have you done? Where could I take a boo at em.

~Fox
Skins in dev | Prime | Untitled | STARGATE
My Deviantness
Old 11th February 2003, 01:31   #4
StriplingRz

Is that meant to be a Big Rig? Funny! Why not, with all those car skins around? This one could run over them! :P

Seriously though, the texture of the red on the sides is a bit too harsh. Tighten that up a bit and I think it'll come together a bit nicer. I'll add more suggestions later.
StriplingRz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2003, 01:51   #5
Foxw

*chuckles* if your not familar with Classic G1 Transformers *back in the 80's* you wouldn't immediatly recogonise it as the main body of Optimus Prime, the Autobot (good guy) leader. He goes from a Red Tractor Trailor to a Giant robot. (in robot mode alot of things like the rigs croming and front windows become angled, presumedly because the width compacts in robot mode to form a humanoid)

as far as the texturing on the arms i've already addressed that.

I'm still working in the other non play buttons into it, but I do plan to make the two stacks the sliders (the large section being the button)

~Fox
My Deviantness
Old 11th February 2003, 02:00   #6
ezkiel

Send a message via AIM to ezkiel
guys, if someone starts a skin, and then we never hear about them, and it never gets submitted, so does that mean someone can use there idea, and move on with it, because it doesnt seem like there going to do anything with it, so like, if that other guy doesnt finish, would he be able to finish this up?
ezkiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2003, 03:21   #7
Foxw

ezkiel: HUH O_O??? You mean Abandoned projects, well, I guess if you were intent on finishing a skin soeone else started and you talked to them and got thier permission. Then you wouldn't be a ripper, cuz heck.. It can hapen where skins get started and then halted die to RL barging in and other crap.

Basically, if you want to work on a project that has been halted or even abbondoned, enail, pm etc the original author and ask for his permission, if they say yes.. feel free, if they say no or don't respond.. forget about it (though even if they say yes you'll still have to credit them)

oh btw.. What the HECK does this have to do with this thread

~Fox
My Deviantness
Old 11th February 2003, 03:35   #8
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
honestly? overused breshed metal effect = bad. teh bevel buttons = bad. that weird face on the sides = bad. sry, but its not my style. if you like it tho, more power to ya, adn good luck with it!
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2003, 03:48   #9
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

"Big Rig"?? "weird faces on the sides"?? Yikes, I am really starting to feel old around here... people not recognizing the Autobot insignia or even Optimus Prime?!? Does this mean I can start collecting social security and get senior discounts everywhere? Sheesh.
ezkiel... Uhhh, what? Don't think I quite caught all that. But anybody can make any skin they want. If that means there are 800 skins featuring whatever celebrity is currently in the spotlight, oh well. It's not like because someone else started or even finished a skin on a subject first that they claim rights to it. Look at the Winamp 2 skins, there are tons of skins all with the same theme.
Foxw, I think ezkiel was talking about the fact that you and cloneemperor are working on an Optimus Prime skin, which is sorta relevant I guess.
But anyways, looking forward to more updates,
~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 11th February 2003, 04:50   #10
killerwibble

Send a message via AIM to killerwibble
dude, the new transformers suuuuck. I'm sorry, kinda OT, but I enjoyed the originals and even beast wars more than the kinds they have now. Was the slogan always Robots in Disguise?
killerwibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2003, 12:52   #11
Foxw

O_O

LOL,
______ Don't feel bad FM, hehe. Guess were just two of the old farts on the board huh just cuz we were born prior to 1980.
______ Though tbh.. not at least recognizing (diff from knowing it's meaning) the autobot/decepticon Insignia's in this day and age has got to mean either you don't live in North america/japan or you've been in your basement the last 20 years and ignored the world. Given
I've seen everything from shirts to cars with the symbols on it (saw one car, black with the decepticon logo bruhed on the hood, looked just like one of the autochangers).
_____ Winamp2 skins (shudder) oh please let no one make a 'newbie maker' for Wa3. Nothing wrong with having 800 entry's on one topic. but even you got to admit fm, they got prett crappy for WA2 after the creation of 'newb maker' programs
_____ Oh Thier'll likly be a couple posted up today, Given how I was up late last night working on it.

Dlink:
______ your just a picky bugger ain't cha . Yeah i know you don't like it, you don't seem to like anything. But i'm doing this in the style of the Transformers Franchise which generally ment lots metal (robots, well duh) and specially on Prime alot of hard lines (boxish was very common in the early days of Transformers)

Killer Wibble:
______ Everyone's welcome to thier opinion. While I don't agree that the last two (Armada & Car Robots(Robots in Disguise) are Steller Examples of TFdom, CR was close to the way G1 was, bad guys causing trouble each ep, goodguys stopping them, very little plot development (and before you argue with that ask yourself this, have you seen the old G1 eps again today, at your age vs remembering them from when you were younger), Though I REALLY and going WTF with Armada. THe premise was good (alternate reality time line since well, Beast wars/Machines sorta screwed machine tf's over in that timeline)

and yup. the two catch/slogan phrases for Transformers have always been
"Robots in disguise" and "More than meets the eyes"

~Fox
My Deviantness

Last edited by Foxw; 11th February 2003 at 13:17.
Old 11th February 2003, 18:02   #12
Digitalhigh

Hey now... I was born after 1980, and still hold a very sacred place in my heart for the G1 Transformers. Cable was big on reruns, even then. TF's forever!!! You guys should do a skin pack featuring the main four or five G1 T's.
Old 11th February 2003, 18:44   #13
Foxw

*chuckle* hey.. it's alright man.. it was just a generalization jest.

anyways.. here are the two lastest screen shots.. I've taken a point from FresbeeMonkey's ShockWave skin and made it so that the head will pop up (also will have the arms fold in)

Right after I'll post a shot with the Play list out
Attached Images
File Type: gif primeskin.gif (35.5 KB, 468 views)

~Fox
My Deviantness
Old 11th February 2003, 18:46   #14
Foxw

as i said i would the skin with playlist extended

StyleRz: *chuckle* yeah.. quick way to miss things.. (pst, try using the edit button)
Attached Images
File Type: gif primeskinwpl.gif (45.9 KB, 526 views)

~Fox
My Deviantness

Last edited by Foxw; 11th February 2003 at 19:09.
Old 11th February 2003, 18:50   #15
StriplingRz

Talking 1973

I was more into He-Man and Scooby Doo than Transformers, but I do remember them. At least I was right about the Big Rig looks.

BTW, I have three little boys and they have a bedroom full of Power Rangers AND transformers. I'd be happy to send you some !

Lets see another screenshot with the updated metal texture.
Old 11th February 2003, 18:52   #16
StriplingRz

Sorry, now I see the screenshots. Shouldn't leave a post up while I go to lunch I guess.
Old 11th February 2003, 19:43   #17
FooMonkey
Listens to Chicago!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to FooMonkey Send a message via AIM to FooMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to FooMonkey
I know what transformers is and I was only born 16 years ago
in fact, I have one sitting on my computer desk right now
it's a crappy newish one, and I think it was a Happy Meal toy from long ago, but it's still a transformer

and Scooby is teh shiz

the skin is nice too

[website](foomonkey)|(Winamp|DevArt)[skins]
I'm so hip I have trouble seeing over my pelvis.
Jellby's Skiners' Atlas
FooMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2003, 19:55   #18
Vibestar

Hey there, I like the autobots....but why don't use a pic of the real optimus????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg primetime.jpg (48.6 KB, 484 views)
Vibestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2003, 20:15   #19
Foxw

OKIE OKIE.. L.. I didn't mean to cause such a stir LOL

and well I can't help but plead guilty, I have my BWM Rattrap + my Armada Starscreen sitting on my wall cd racks so *chuckle* (yes I still think that most of the Armada designs byte simply because I really liked the priority of athstetics and design of BW thru RID likines vs the "gimmik" approch (nothing wrong with Gimicks, but they shouldn't have to take awhile from the visual cues and in starscreams case they really don't badly enough (that and he just a damn nice update of the old design)))

Okie.. I'm going to SHUT up now and keep working on the skin.

Already planing out which one I'll do next, since FresbieMonkey is doing a Shockwave one, I can't decide if I'll stick to autobots and let him do Decepticons or just putter back n forth.

Vibestar: Why, because I've yet to see a high quality image of straight on. and since I prefer to make things all myself, now i might include a actual image version, but not as the main window. and I figured this is as accurate as I can get while being non grainy (like pretty much all scans/capts I've found), given as I was drawing it off my two G1 toys.

Also where is that image from? it's style is different from all the screenies I have from G1 eps, is it from the new Dreamwave G1 comic

further notes for Prime Skin.
  • Window shade mode will be prime as a full tractor trailor (really unsure how well this will work)
  • still gotta do that pesky EQ, I hate doing those (which will come out of the left arm side
  • the Media List will pop up from behind Prims head (and the head will receed into the body while it's out)
  • I might well make the thinger operate by being in his right chest window where the box art ver of the Autobot emblam is
  • I plan to skin the video player so it will come out and his legs will appear, (though it might wind up with it looking like he's stradling a tv though)

~Fox
My Deviantness
Old 11th February 2003, 21:51   #20
Vibestar

Hmm I don't know about G1 and stuff I'm not that kind of fan. I searched www.google.nl with the name optimus and after scrolling some pages I got a clear image from the front....It was a background soooo???? Maybe you can find it and use it....Also my pic is yours to use....Vibe
Vibestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2003, 22:20   #21
Foxw

Vibestar: G1 is the Original stuff aka Generation 1 (the series and toys from '83), I did a search on google myself (north american one though) and only good shots I came up with were from the new Dreamwave comic / artwork. While Gorgious and does capture the spirit of TF, the styling is different (they updated some of the vhiecle modes to reflect modern versions, such as Optimus's cap having the slanted front vs back in the 80's when Rigs were just big box's most the time),
I really do appriciate it and I might well make a second version (just subbing different graphics) but I'll likly stick with the graphics I've made.[/i]

SO any thoughts on the notes I posted eairlier about the other features i'm going to include

~Fox
My Deviantness
Old 12th February 2003, 03:38   #22
killerwibble

Send a message via AIM to killerwibble
Ahh, I remember the more than meets the eyes motto/slogan I guess.
Yea, I guess the nostalgia of childhood makes old episodes seem better.
killerwibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2003, 21:52   #23
Foxw

Well, Here's the latest shot folks.

Now the Eq will slide down like a hidden panel (just avoiding questions)..

Oh And Fresbie Monkey, I'll likly need your help with the codeing since I'm planing for stuff that's ALOT more complext then anything I've made already
Attached Images
File Type: gif primeskinwpl-eq.gif (69.5 KB, 502 views)

~Fox
My Deviantness
Old 27th February 2003, 19:22   #24
Foxw

okie,

Major change, i've dropped the old playlist idea and started working on a whole new one ^_^.

The new playlist will work by you click on the PL button and the Chest will open up to reveal the *gasp* Autobot Matrix of Leadership hehe, which will then open up, I plan to animate a light beam out that will generate the playlist (yes I will have it so you move the matrix from the chest, and hence move the whole playlist and if Frisbeemoneky will help, i'll make sure the doors close after it's moved so that you can still use the visualisation and controls on the chest))
Attached Images
File Type: gif primeskin_newpl.gif (53.3 KB, 468 views)

~Fox
My Deviantness
Old 27th February 2003, 19:45   #25
psychoticguyver
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to psychoticguyver Send a message via Yahoo to psychoticguyver
ok this is kewl too

Now accepting refugee's
psychoticguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2003, 19:52   #26
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

That looks cool. Now I have "You've Got the Touch" going through my head, though. And yeah, I'll help out on the coding if you want. Have you started the XML yet, or still just tinkering with graphics?
~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 27th February 2003, 20:09   #27
Foxw

hehe, well, this idea means I had to trash all my privious xml's and images cuz this new idea changed the whole player

as to the song "you've got the touch" hehe, what do you think will start if you access the play list ^_^

and yeah, this is WAY past anything I've done so will deffiatly need your help when I get off my lazy butt and get that far

~Fox
My Deviantness
Old 28th February 2003, 05:36   #28
Foxw

Talking

Latest shots I've developed

Vehicle mode
Robot mode
Playlist start mode
(this is the start, you'd click the PL button, the chest will open then aimate betwwem this img and the next)
Play list out (yes that's the eq on the left arm, and it's where it's staying)
<and yes I know the arms are slightly different between the last two, i made a cosmetic change in the arms after img 3 was saved and well.. it's 2 am i'm not in any shape to go back and redo it)>

So Monkey, Guyver, what ya guys think
(of TF fans can comment, but if you don't recognize this guy, less it's exception comment, quiet, do your homework then come back, being a character skin usual skinning comments are not applicible)

~Fox
My Deviantness
Old 28th February 2003, 05:52   #29
matt_69
Sunshine
(Major Dude)

looking good
quite good actually. its comin along nicely
keep it up Foxw

m*69

matt_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2003, 05:59   #30
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Nice, this is getting cooler and cooler. I think that Playlist is gonna be a little tricky(not impossibly so) to code, but most definitely worth the effort. The Matrix looks slick, definitely could light their darkest hour
I'm so glad you're making this, it looks great and as a bonus it keeps driving me to work on Soundwave.
~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 28th February 2003, 14:54   #31
Foxw

LOL Glad my Ambitious little project is spurring you on FM,

yeah I know the Matrix/playlist will be a bit tricky but I was thinking is it not possible to do such as (start the animation (with a closed matrix, then start the animation, till it hit's the playlist bg then turn the playlist layer visable over the bg)

the really tricky part will be moving the matrix/playlist and having the chest close when you remove the Matrix/playlist. But guess we'll find out when I finish up the graphic work and start the xml (I'm one of those who like to have all the graphics worked out first)

~Fox
My Deviantness
Old 28th February 2003, 18:20   #32
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

For the Matrix/PL, it won't be impossible, you'll just have to be sneaky. You'll have to catch calls to open the PL, start an animation to open the chest, that reveals the Matrix(also part of the animation) then hide the animated Matrix, pop up a new window(the PL) with another, now movable Matrix. The trick will be making the transition from animation to window look smooth. I dunno, it works in my head, I'll know better when, as you said, it is ready to try out.
~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 28th February 2003, 19:36   #33
Foxw

FM: I figured it work work like so
  1. click PL button
  2. animate chest opening
  3. hide matrix in chest (closed matrix)
  4. show matrix opening animation
  5. animate beam out into ull pl bg
  6. show layers containing PL functions.

then clicking and dragging the open matrix/pl would also trigger the chest closing.

least that's what makes sence to me

~Fox
My Deviantness
Old 6th March 2003, 03:45   #34
Foxw

here's a snap of the Shade mode for Prime,
I just did this tonight with a monster headache
it looks fine to me (yes it's ment to be a micro sized, i'm doing that indentionaly so that TF fans can choose either to use the HUGE honking full mode or have a shade mode with all the needed features but none of the massive size (I've always loved shades that were very compact since the idea of a shade is to be out of the way right)

All comments welcomes (by lay off visual if you don't know what this skins all about please, but feel free to comment on functionality)

edit] I uped the size, just couldn't see everything as well as I prefer, I also added Roller (who the shades will spring from for eq and other stuff)
Attached Images
File Type: gif primeskin-shadeb.gif (7.0 KB, 513 views)

~Fox
My Deviantness

Last edited by Foxw; 6th March 2003 at 04:42.
Old 15th March 2003, 14:52   #35
psychoticguyver
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to psychoticguyver Send a message via Yahoo to psychoticguyver
woah, that winshade kicks ass, your really getting a good rival skin to the soundwave skin here

Now accepting refugee's
psychoticguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2003, 17:24   #36
Adil
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Adil Send a message via AIM to Adil Send a message via Yahoo to Adil
I gotta do a transformer skin someday, those robots were my idols when I was 6 years old...
Adil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2003, 17:53   #37
xlSwampFoxlx

Send a message via ICQ to xlSwampFoxlx Send a message via AIM to xlSwampFoxlx
Classic adil... If i knew you in real life i would kick you in the balls.
xlSwampFoxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2003, 17:56   #38
xlSwampFoxlx

Send a message via ICQ to xlSwampFoxlx Send a message via AIM to xlSwampFoxlx
I seriously think you love to be hated.
xlSwampFoxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2003, 13:12   #39
Adil
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Adil Send a message via AIM to Adil Send a message via Yahoo to Adil
lol
what's wrong with this guy?
anyone with a valid scientific answer gets a gift from me.
Adil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2003, 14:40   #40
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Quote:
Originally posted by Adil
I gotta do a transformer skin someday, those robots were my idols when I was 6 years old...
yea adil, i mean, look at what you jsut said there. you are totally asking for it! that is such a comment i have come to expect from you

SARCASIM!
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins