Old 14th July 2003, 05:26   #1
shugila

Post your custom EQ files!!

post your custom EQ file so everybody can enjoy it!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq1.zip (165 Bytes, 11162 views)
shugila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2003, 08:30   #2
shugila

no one?
Old 14th July 2003, 15:00   #3
Triton4
Major Dude

Shugila...

It's a good idea to have a common thread where users can share their custom EQ files/presets; but it would be appropriate if you'd provide details as to what the EQF files are, or else users could easily go about spamming this thread with a number of pointless/ineffective files, which would ultimately spoil the concept of this thread.

I have posted three custom presets which I commonly use with Winamp3 (and Winamp2):

1. xLive (Extended Live)
This is basically a modified/extended version of the default 'Live' preset. Use it only when the default one is not effective.

2. Video
I don't use Winamp for watching videos much. When I do watch, I use this preset. Video files have low audio quality with high MID frequencies. Hence, I've lowered the MID bands (1K, 3K, 6K) substantially & 'spiced up' the BASS & TREBLE.

3. Jazz
Increased BASS, reduced TREBLE without changing the MID (almost zero).
Attached Files
File Type: zip eqf1.zip (461 Bytes, 6913 views)
Triton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2003, 11:39   #4
shugila

ok the EQ files contains your custom saved equlizer preset!!!
you can save it by presing
PRESETS>>>SAVE>>>TO EQF

then compress it to a .zip file and post it here
Old 15th December 2003, 04:47   #5
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
*Note: this thread was initially posted in the Winamp3 Discussion forum. Since all Winamp3 forums are about to be closed and archived for read-only purposes, I am now moving this thread to the Winamp Discussion forum. By doing so, I have also "bumped" the thread for everyone, to bring it to the public's attention once more.

I've done this because of a post by a new forums member named $$$ka$hanova$$$ in this thread.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2003, 00:44   #6
mrk

eq files?

you should hera audio as its meant to be!

I use direct line out from my santa cruz to receiver but also a eq of

screenshot

Kenwood component AVR / JPW Radius modified series towers / Sennheiser HD485 / Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
mrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2003, 01:54   #7
slipvayne

http://members.iinet.net.au/~eddie_r...q%20preset.EQF

I'm not exactly sure how I came up with that, I just played around with settings and that seemed to sound the best. I use it in conjunction with SRS WOW! Processing plugin where I have the Wow Effect set to minimum, and TruBass set to maximum. It gives out good bass and nice treble.
slipvayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2003, 02:38   #8
TiCpu

Send a message via ICQ to TiCpu Send a message via AIM to TiCpu Send a message via Yahoo to TiCpu
EQ for Subwoofer

http://ticpu.hopto.org/for_sub.eqf

Played with EQ until it sounds well with my subwoofer ;P
TiCpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2003, 05:21   #9
iron2000

What do you guy hear for when you set the eq?

Thanx
iron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2004, 04:42   #10
CiViC

Send a message via ICQ to CiViC Send a message via AIM to CiViC
*bump*
I think people need to share some eqfs

Actually i was thinking, winamps site should have an eqf section under plugins... yes?
CiViC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2004, 05:09   #11
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

No, an equalizer preset is definatly NOT a plugin, all it is is a setting you decide on that makes your file sound the way you want it to, nothing else.

Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2004, 05:48   #12
Triton4
Major Dude

That wouldn't be possible, since making EQF presets by tweaking the hi, mid and lo bands has not been properly understood - people don't know much about frequencies of EQ bands, and it is not as easy as learning to make AVS or Milkdrop Presets. It is also difficult to judge if the EQ presets are good or not.
Old 19th April 2004, 06:18   #13
CiViC

Send a message via ICQ to CiViC Send a message via AIM to CiViC
Yea i assume you are right. Do either of you know of a site which can possibly explain equalizer adjustments. I mean, i understand what they do, but maybe an in depth explanation. Also what ever happened to the Eq that was ribbed together so if you moved one it move the others up equally? Is that a planned feature?

the eq needs love too..
CiViC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2004, 06:33   #14
amano
Major Dude

I think the use of an EQ is overestimated. It changes the sound somehow, it CERTAINLY doesn't improve the sound, rather will degrade it qualitywise (as the old Frankel EQ proved).

In my eyes the exchange of EQ presets is completely useless, because the equipment differs too much to get similar results.

If your speakers have a very flat bass responsive, you will want to compensate for that by increasing the base level a bit. But the next person already uses a subwoofer. On his system the preset will be completely worthless.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2004, 06:56   #15
Triton4
Major Dude

I partly agree with amano, that adjusting the EQ will depend on your equipment. But people think the use of EQ is overestimated, because they have not fully understood how to operate the EQ.

I, personally use the EQ a lot - because I use cheap and conventional Speakers - so I rely on the software side, to provide quality. From what I have understood, the Bass bands (the ones on the left) represent the sounds at high frequencies (ex: that of a bomb-blast), the MID bands are called the Vocal bands, as they represent the human voice, and the Treble bands deal with lower frequencies (ex: shattering of glass).

As per the three above conditions, you can adjust the bands at three positions as required (depending on the song/video you are listening to) - that is exactly what I have posted as an attachment in this thread (refer my first post).
Old 19th April 2004, 20:10   #16
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
I use a similar preset to the default 'techno' preset (lightly modified) for ALL my genres - it's the best! (and although I do not have techno songs )

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2004, 01:24   #17
shins

Quote:
Originally posted by Triton4
...From what I have understood, the Bass bands (the ones on the left) represent the sounds at high frequencies (ex: that of a bomb-blast), the MID bands are called the Vocal bands, as they represent the human voice, and the Treble bands deal with lower frequencies (ex: shattering of glass).
Bass==Low frequency sound
Vocal== Usually Mid frequency sound
Treble==high frequency sound
shins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2004, 06:50   #18
Triton4
Major Dude

Oops... sorry about that
Old 16th May 2004, 19:44   #19
starship50

try enhancer 017. you will get a real good bass and treble sound from it. if you need a little mid, then you can use the eq in winamp. plus i like the reverb on it. makes the music sound live, not flat.
starship50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2004, 14:13   #20
wmjordan

Quote:
Originally posted by starship50
try enhancer 017. you will get a real good bass and treble sound from it. if you need a little mid, then you can use the eq in winamp. plus i like the reverb on it. makes the music sound live, not flat.
Yeah, I am also using that little great thing!
I am reluctant to use FooBar2000. A reason is that it does not have an equivalent Enhancer.
wmjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2004, 15:45   #21
shins

There's bound to be a way to make winamp DSP plugins to work with foobar. I know bsplayer and QCD have implemented this.
shins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 20:02   #22
JonnyMac

First off, I know we usually make a big deal about not reviving old threads. However, I did not want to start a new thread just to continue the subject already started here.

Attached are some EQ presets that are not included with the default presets. There are a compilation of various presets that I have posted for other users and some extra ones. Be aware that EQ presets are highly subjective, or to paraphrase "in the 'ear' of the beholder". In other words, even though you like jazz, that doesn't necessarily mean the Jazz preset will sound good to you. That can be especially true for the Correction and Improvement presets.

Included presets are...
Acoustic
Bass Boost Button
Bass Reduction
Jazz
Jazz and Vocal
Loudness Button
Metal
MIDI Improvement
Rap/Hip-Hop
SID Improvement
Tin Correction
Treble Reduction
Vocal Boost
White Noise Correction
Download and unzip the file. They are EQF (individual preset) files. To use them in Winamp...
1. Click the Presets button
2. Load > Load from EQF
3. go to the directory you unzipped them to > select & load
If you want you can add the presets to Winamp's defaults presets.
1. Click the Presets button
2. Save > Preset...
3. type a respective name and save

To use the MIDI Improvement or other presets with MID files, set the MIDI plug-in as follows...
1. Winamp > Ctrl+P
2. Plug-ins > Input
3. double click Nullsoft MIDI player
4. Device tab
5. under the Device: drop-down list select 'Direct Music / Microsoft Synthesizer (with output)'
6. close out of prefs
(Credit and thanks to Nunzio390 for the screenshot)

[edit 08:25GMT - 07 March 2008] Attachment and post updated to include several new presets. [/edit]

[edit2 14:40GMT - 13 March 2008] Attachment and post updated to correct preset errors and change name of Vocal to Vocal Boost. Download count at the time of update was 25 [/edit]
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq_presets.zip (2.4 KB, 6840 views)

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 09:49   #23
fwd079

Thanks !

I know its a very, very old thread but I was just googling for presets and found this thread, thanks for Jonny Mac and everyone else contributed here, gave me a nice head start.

Regards.
fwd079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 20:49   #24
maneff

Send a message via ICQ to maneff
You SHOULD specify what equalizer mode do you use for your posted eq presets (like 'winamp style' or 'iso standart' equalizer) where the difference is big on subwoofers .

I personally DON'T use the EQ .. it's on default and is OFF
maneff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 22:54   #25
JonnyMac

This thread was started long before the ISO Standard option was added to the equalizer. So, all the presets here are based on the Winamp frequency bands. However, I do think you have a good point. Thank You

If anyone else is going to post EQ presets here, please indicate if they are based on the WA or ISO bands.

@fwd079
Thanks and your welcome.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 11:54   #26
MachineShot

My EQF

This is my EQF it is for D'n'B and DubStep music http://www.2shared.com/file/DQyD05WC...d_DubStep.html Make louder song for better quality.
MachineShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 16:43   #27
jpm1

good thread idea . here's mine (global audio settings) . i listen all kind of music from dance and electro to rock , classical etc . i just tried to have a non-metallic sound which i can't stand , and having in the same time the clearer sound possible . which i think i managed to get (hope it's useful)
Attached Files
File Type: zip default.zip (209 Bytes, 1300 views)
jpm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion