Old 29th September 2003, 01:44   #1
Nubile Bunny

Send a message via ICQ to Nubile Bunny Send a message via AIM to Nubile Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Nubile Bunny
Enqueing in Winamp 2/5

I would REALLY like to see right-click enqueing like in Winamp3 in Winamp5. That is an awesome feature, and it's the only thing I like about winamp3, that I would really like to see in the new winamp. Is there a winamp 2.x plugin that can accomplish this?

~ Nubile Bunny

"You are not your grande latte...You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." ~ Tyler Durden
Nubile Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2003, 03:04   #2
mikm
Major Dude

Already in the wishlist. Expect to see it in WA5. Don't know about a plugin, though.

powered by C₂H₅OH
mikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2003, 12:55   #3
Nubile Bunny

Send a message via ICQ to Nubile Bunny Send a message via AIM to Nubile Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Nubile Bunny
Ok, good. I REALLY hope it gets in.

"You are not your grande latte...You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." ~ Tyler Durden
Nubile Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2003, 13:38   #4
PeterM

Hi
You may want to try this.

http://www.petemoore.pwp.blueyonder....ne/queue15.exe

I have had to host the file since it appears to have gone from Winamp

Peter
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2003, 13:38   #5
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

It's not in the alphas yet . . . though it has been requested many times.
Apparently, it would be tricky to implement, because the 2x base skin doesn't support it . . .

[edit]
Hmm, PeterM, we both posted at the same time.
Please tell us more!
[/edit]
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2003, 14:07   #6
PeterM

Hi
I use queue15 it was on Winamp.com but appears no longer to be available.

This plugin will put a small tab in top lefthand corner of your screen,it will allow you to search and enqueue files in your current playlist.

I have over 5000 tracks in my playlist using shuffle play,but often I like to search out tracks and enqueue to play in sequence.I found Winamp3 ok but you can only scroll through and enqueue tracks,if you search then the enqueued list is broken (unless someone can tell me different).

This plugin for Winamp2.XX will search and enqueue and when all tracks are played winamp returns back to shuffle play.

Peter
Old 30th September 2003, 05:29   #7
GqSkrub
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to GqSkrub
soon winamp3 will have nothing against winamp2.x/5

No sig here folks.
GqSkrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2003, 16:40   #8
PJay Tycy

Did anybody try the program PeterM told about? And did work?
PJay Tycy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2003, 23:27   #9
PeterM

Hi
PJay Tycy

I use this plugin all of the time,it doesn't load winamps playlist like wincue but offers search & enqueue to an exististing playlist.

Why not try it? it's like most plugins just a Dll

I am not the Author just a satified end user this an EZ-Playlist for mass tagging.

Peter
Old 7th October 2003, 09:08   #10
gunslinger008

Would someone who has this plugin be nice enough to upload it somewhere for people to download? The link PeterM posted isn't working.

Thanks,
Sean
gunslinger008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2003, 12:55   #11
PeterM

Hi
Sean

It's working now

Regards
Peter
Old 11th October 2003, 13:47   #12
Mmusicman

PeterM, the que15 plugin will que the next song, but it skips the rest of your playlist. I tried it, but found it to be useless. Have you tried a recent version of winque? It's much better! It will drop your qued song in the next slot without bypassing the rest of your playlist
Mmusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2003, 18:16   #13
amano
Major Dude

The proper link mmusicman is talking about is http://www.wincue.org/

Give it a try!

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 13:44   #14
PeterM

I don't understand what you are saying.

Queue15 allows me to search a playlist and queue in order of search,I now have more than 6000 tracks in shuffle play.On occasions I like to search my playlist and enqueue (say 100 tracks) after which the playlist will return to play the FULL playlist.

Wincue does not do this .?? I use to search my harddrives with windows explorer and right click to enqueue files..But that's all that will get played.This was untill media library came along,I consider Wincue nothing more than media library and USELESS for my needs

Mmusicman you say it skips the rest of your playlist.?? After you search and queue tracks for play,after the last track is played Winamp returns to shuffle play How is that skipping.?

Peter

Last edited by PeterM; 14th October 2003 at 14:06.
Old 14th October 2003, 15:27   #15
PeterM

I have just tried Wincue

It's clear I have used an older version but how does it search a playlist.It looks like it creates a playlist from the library,does the playlist not just keep growing.??

Peter
Old 14th October 2003, 22:43   #16
Mmusicman

Peter, In winque, after you (either) copy a playlist from winamps playlist, or load an m3u playlist, you simply type in the name of the song at the top search window. (seems obvious?) I don't use the library...

One thing I recently started using winque for is the ability to mix different playlists.

Example: I have loaded into winamp a "classic rock" playlist. Because of the diverse crowd, I open (with Winque) a "current rock" playlist, and occassionally que in songs from this new list...

Another thing Winque allows me to do is find music located in my "already playing" winamp playlist, and que it next (say someone requests a song I know is further down my playlist). Winamp's search does NOT allow this. If I click the found song, it interrupts whats playing, and starts playing the new song, plus continues playing from that location (skipping the rest of my playlist). (with the crossfader, timing is really tricky if almost impossible..) My other option is to simply scroll the playlist, and drag it up to next location...however, if playlist is long, it's hard to find. (I wish Winamp's "J" search window at least included playlist number!), but winque does!!

To reply to your 1st question: (Quote: "Mmusicman you say it skips the rest of your playlist.?? After you search and queue tracks for play,after the last track is played Winamp returns to shuffle play How is that skipping.? )

I don't use shuffle play! I simply "pre-shuffle" the playlist because (as a DJ) I don't want surprises and I like to know what song will be playing next. After the last qued song plays, Que15 just continues to play whatever follows it...regardless of where it's located in the playlist. It does NOT resume playing from where it was interrupted. Winque actually inserts the qued song into the playlist beneath the song that is currently playing...BIG difference!!

Appearantly, people who use shuffle play have never noticed this problem.
Old 14th October 2003, 23:13   #17
PeterM

Hi

Yes i see what you mean I still have Wincue and will explore it's options in shuflle play(I don't mind the suprises )I am sure Wincue originaly just built a playlist from it's library feature,leaving the possibility of have a track X No of times if queued more than one.Early winamp shuffle feature was notorious of playing a limited No of tracks,add mutiple insertions of a track became annoying.

Thanks for your input.

Peter
Old 15th October 2003, 02:25   #18
Mmusicman

Hey, we're all just trying to figure out how to make this stuff work best for our particular applications...

In Winque, did you know there are options if you right-click in (blank area) under wincue at top of window?
Old 15th October 2003, 04:02   #19
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

You'll be able to queue/add songs from one playlist to another in Winamp 5 Media Library (ML -> Playlists -> (List) -> Entry -> right click -> send selection to: new playlist / current playlist / any playlist listed here) . . .
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2003, 22:04   #20
Mmusicman

I guess I'll have to start using the media library...thanks
Old 17th October 2003, 16:04   #21
idynkydnk

I use wincue, but not for the enqueing function. If your in shuffle mode, you can't cue a song from wincue, have it play, then continue on in shuffle.

I was really hoping they implmented the feature in winamp5
idynkydnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2003, 16:06   #22
idynkydnk

The queue15 link is still down
idynkydnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2003, 17:00   #23
GqSkrub
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to GqSkrub
how do i get rid of queue15? it's the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

<edit>n/m i found it... it's gen_myplugin.dll in the plugins folder</edit>

No sig here folks.
GqSkrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion