Old 18th December 2003, 22:57   #1
nemiak

Video playback & Visualisation

I would like the video/visualisation window - both when docked in windowed mode and in fullscreen mode - to automatically switch between video/visualisation depending on whether a video or audio only is playing.

I.e, if i am playing thru a playlist of a mixture of videos and mp3s, i would like the video/visualisation window to automatically play video if the file is a video and play the currently selected visualisation plugin if the file is audio only.

Is there already a way to do this?

If not, is it a big ask? I can't be the only person who would like this functionality.
nemiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2003, 09:23   #2
nemiak

Would anyone else like this feature?
Old 21st December 2003, 09:16   #3
nemiak

Guess no one else is interested..

Would it be possible to write a plugin that would automatically switch between video and visualization while docked and fullscreen?
Old 6th January 2004, 01:58   #4
RavenWing71

YES I WANT THIS

It would be enough for me if WinAMP could auto switch between Video and Visualizations when they are set to Fullscreen. I find it very lame that it can't. I am seeking a program that can reliably do this on a second monitor/TV. Windows Media Player can sorta, but I can't edit the play list while it's in full screen. I have found one that does it right, but the visualizations in the program don't hold a candle to Milkdrop, and there is this little bug...

Last edited by RavenWing71; 6th January 2004 at 02:22.
RavenWing71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2004, 08:52   #5
nemiak

That would suit me also..
Surely this should be an option.
Old 8th February 2004, 21:08   #6
jackal1234

I have been wanting this option ever since winamp had a video window

Nullsoft, this makes perfect sense to me. You are encouraging people to make playlists with multiple types of media already since winamp supports almost every format under the sun. It's extremely annoying to have the screen just go blank when you run into a video or mp3 in the list and not have it automatically update itself to display it when Winamp is already in fullscreen mode. Keep the good visuals and vibes coming... integrate those two windows while in fullscreen mode.

Someone please add this feature to the official wishlist!
jackal1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2004, 01:46   #7
ylaviolette

Did you find something to resolve the Video playback & Visualisation switching in Winamp? I have also been desperately searching for a solution and still have to use Windows media player and it's crappy visualizations...

Hopefully waiting. Thank you
ylaviolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2004, 19:43   #8
RavenWing71

The closest I came was never satisfactory because it was unreliable. It involved using Milkdrop in Windows Background mode and having the Video window overlay it in full screen mode when a video was playing. Problem was it wouldn't reliably place and remove the video window, and when the Video was playing the Winamp controls would disappear. I found another product that handled the windows beautifully, but it's visualizations were worse then media player.
Old 10th October 2004, 14:53   #9
MrSleep6ft

I have a similar situation. I use a TV set up as a second monitor and I use nVidias full screen overlay to watch video (mpg, avi, etc.) on the TV. I also use the overlay mode in winamp to vew visualizations the same way. The problem is the winamp visualizations continue even when watching videos and that displays on the TV instead of the video. I would like it to switch between them.
MrSleep6ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2004, 01:38   #10
RavenWing71

I beleive I tried the Full Screen Overlay idea with the same result. The Video windows is a little more reliable about going away when not needed, but you have to set up the Visualization to be the Desktop Background. This only worked for me when the TV was the Primary display. But as I said, it was still not totally reliable. And I do remember there being a side effect.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist