Old 1st April 2004, 14:34   #1
mcclure

Best tag-view plugin

Hi there!

Since I've switched from MM Jukebox to WinAmp 5, I was on the search for a plugin to show cover art included in the ID3-tags. I've tried a lot and at least I became happy with EAR.

EAR is not only a plugin that shows the cover art; it is more than this. In fact it is the most powerful plugin to show all tag-informations contained in an mp3-file. You can skin it and make a lot of configurations to provide the information you need. Here is an example how I've configurated my EAR:

In the past, the developer stopped his work on EAR because of troubles with WinAmp 3. But since this plugin works very well with WinAmp 5, they are rethinking their policy. Currently, a poll is online if people want more develeopment for EAR. If you love this plugin, please go to their website and make a contribution:

EAR-Poll

Btw, the developers are the same people who made Helium2; a perfect tagging-tool and music management program.
mcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2004, 14:57   #2
inthegray
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to inthegray
does this plug-in grab any info at all from an online source?

i know it has severl advantages over the default Now Playing functions, but how does it compare against similar plug-ins like this one?
inthegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2004, 00:56   #3
Balayop

Seems that it's possible via specific template. But once more, support & encouragement are needed...

Go to the poll and with a little luck, it would be fully possible soon.
Balayop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2004, 03:39   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

I registered and voted.
Tell the dev(s) to just do it!

btw, I've put a link to this thread in the relevant section of the wishlist
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2004, 09:44   #5
mcclure

Quote:
Originally posted by inthegray
does this plug-in grab any info at all from an online source?
i know it has severl advantages over the default Now Playing functions, but how does it compare against similar plug-ins like this one?
No, the plugin doesn't grab any info from online sources. It just displays information retrieved from id3-tags.

The plugin you've mentioned is cool, however EAR ist able to read all id3-tags, not only the ones that are shown by the plugin you were reding of.
Also, you can select from various templates (and create own templates) to show just the information you want.

Also, if the id3-tags bear more than one picture (i.e. cover-front, cover-back, artist, other), it shows all pictures.

IMHO, EAR is extremely cool. It is not designed to maintain id3-tags (you'd better take Helium2 for example), but it is the most complete solution currently out now and I'd like to see more improvements (which are surey possible).

Tom
mcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2004, 12:30   #6
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
hm.. some of my mp3's show no album cover (but they have one -> I see it in the cover and tag plugin (http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=138565)) and other mp3's show two cover pictures (twice the same)??

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2004, 22:29   #7
Balayop

Just specify in your template which cover has to be shown... front, back, inlay, etc...
Balayop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion