Old 30th March 2005, 01:15   #1
tuckerm
Forum Emo

wma decoder v1 +cant find

hey everyone, newbie here ive been broadcasting on and off for about 36 hours online now but i have a problem..im running music shoutcast (duh!) and i got all my media on my pc so i dont have to keep loading cds in and there saved as wma, which is great when im listening to music, theres a post by 'mp3ripper2003' (title: broadcasting WMA file types) and 'Vchat20' responded with a you can but with the program wma decoder for winamp in the plugin section..i cant find it..i searched through there search, is there any free alternitives cause i dont really dont wanna get up at midnight to change cds..

-tucker
"theres no spoons"- lol adam
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2005, 03:12   #2
perris

The spacial audio winamp plugin transcodes wma to mp3 on the fly. Not free but the stats pack gives you nice graphs at audio realm.

http://www.spacialaudio.com/products/winamp/
perris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2005, 03:32   #3
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Rip your CDs to another format than wma.

If you want good quality source files for your broadcasts you should use a format that not only sounds good but can also be transcoded without introducing (too many) additional artifacts, here's a list.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2005, 01:42   #4
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Originally posted by perris
The spacial audio winamp plugin transcodes wma to mp3 on the fly. Not free but the stats pack gives you nice graphs at audio realm.

http://www.spacialaudio.com/products/winamp/
ok, i downloaded the encoder
"DSP Encoder plugin v3.8.3 1.4MB Download now!"
and now i played a wma, it didnt work..i configured it when it popped up clicked wma then i configured the output (was the only one there) to mp3, i tried to play a wma and i still was getting no signal, nothing on the db bar wasent streaming
now what!

-tucker
"there is no spoone"
Old 1st April 2005, 02:44   #5
perris

YOu need to stream in mp3 to shoutcast. When you open the decoder v3.8.3 you need to click on the + sign for new encoder then select mp3. Then choose the COnverter tab and input the desired broadcast bitrate. Then fill in the Server details and you are good to go. YOu can put wma and/or mp3 files in your playlist and the encoder will cope. Remember if you dont register it it will cut your broadcast after either 1 hour or 4 hours i cant remember which
Old 1st April 2005, 03:07   #6
tuckerm
Forum Emo

ok, im still confused..when you open it, it comes up, you click the plus sign, i got that far, now you want me to press mp3 right, then in the next window you need to choose the format, i only have mp3, entered server details, etc, when i play mp3s it still works, but the wma files will not show up on the db thing on the right, and will not broadcast.

-tucker
"there is no spoone"
thanks for helpin me on this perris
Old 1st April 2005, 03:23   #7
perris

You are getting there. I forgot this next bit sorry. YOu need to go to top line of the encoder and press the red button which starts you recording from the soundcard. Then if you right click the little pyramid near your clock you can choose between MS Sound Mapper and your sound card codecs. That should do it. I set it up so long ago I forgot about this step.

DOnt forget to edit your sound properties to make everything silent eg mail notification otherwise you broadcast that too.
Old 1st April 2005, 03:24   #8
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Are you using Winamp 5.08e? Try the downgrade patch.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2005, 13:58   #9
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Originally posted by perris
You are getting there. I forgot this next bit sorry. YOu need to go to top line of the encoder and press the red button which starts you recording from the soundcard.
so i have to record all audio from the sound card?? isnt there just something i can download??!! that will run right of winamp so i can play my wmas? (i will download 5.08e tonite see if that helps)
Old 1st April 2005, 16:48   #10
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Originally posted by gaekwad2
Are you using Winamp 5.08e?
would useing 5.08e help better..im running the latest winamp, 5.08 but not the .08e, i would have to try to download it tonite since the school's network is blocking everything lol..i hate school!
-tucker
"there is no spoone"
Old 1st April 2005, 19:36   #11
perris

I gather from gaekwad's link that you are better off NOT using v5.08e.

I am not aware of another plugin that will let you broadcast wma files other than the spacial audio. If running off your soundcard is too problematic then you should think about re-ripping in mp3 format. For me I have a PC dedicated to broadcasting so it is not a problem.

SOmeone else may know of another plugin but your post has been around for a couple of days and nobody else has suggested anything.

I hope you get it sorted.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support