Old 21st April 2005, 03:27   #1
Sherman81

Send a message via Yahoo to Sherman81
Mmd3

I use to have MMD3, you know, the one that stays at the top of my Windows, while in skinny mode, even if i click off of it, and i am trying to get it back, because i lost the file for it. If it no longer exists, is there anymore skins that is basically just like MMD3, where i can put it in skinny mode and keep it on the top of my windows, even though i click off of it

If you read this, forget answering it, because i found my answer under Top Rated, and right there is was.
Old 21st April 2005, 03:37   #2
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....91#post1644991

you may want to upgrade to a version that works better with winamp 5
Old 21st April 2005, 03:52   #3
Sherman81

Skins change to classic skin

Why is it that when i download MMD3, which is located under Top Rated, it changes to classic instead of the skin i downloaded. I downloaded the NeoAlien under it, and that worked.

[edit > JonnyMac] Threads merged [/edit]
Old 21st April 2005, 12:23   #4
JonnyMac

The MMD3 skin was originally developed for Winamp3 and there are some issues when using it with Winamp 5. Have you tried the downloading the updated version that billyvnilly pointed to?

If you continue to have problems with downloading/"auto-installing" skins see the following...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....25#post1593125
[edit 22 April 2005 > JonnyMac] Updated link to include more skin issues [/edit]

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
Old 22nd April 2005, 00:21   #5
JonnyMac

@ Sherman81

Maybe I did make myself clear enough in your other thread. I asked not to PM me for tech support. Please do not PM me regarding problems or queries about Winamp, its plug-ins or skins. I and other forum members and moderators prefer to provide tech support in the forums and not through PM.

Now to answer your question....

The MMD3 skin (from the skins page) was originally developed for Winamp3. There are some compatibility issues when using the skin with Winamp 5.

A couple forum members have made updates to MMD3 so it will work correctly with WA 5. billyvnilly had already provided a link where forum member eye_onus has posted a MMD3 update. If you have troubles downloading from eye_onus's post, try the update posted by Caeadas. Both of the updates were posted in the thread "MMD3-for-5 update"

MMD3 is a Modern (.wal) skin. The Lite package of WA5 does not support Modern skins. In your above post, when you said “I downloaded the NeoAlien under it, and that worked”, did you actually mean Nucleo AlienMind? Nucleo AlienMind is a classic skin. The Lite package of Winamp only supports Classic (.wsz) skins.

If you installed Winamp 5 Lite (by accident or not) that would explain why Modern skins like MMD3 are not working. I would suggest to download and install (or reinstall) Winamp Full.

Good Luck
Old 22nd April 2005, 04:20   #6
Sherman81

MMD3

I have Winamp 5.08 Full. Also to let you know, the last time i PMed you, it was because i didn't know how to Reply to your name specifically, so i just figure the only way to do that is PM you. Does PM stand for Private Message.

I went to the site you gave me, and it did the same thing, i guess because i previously downloaded the MMD3 on the winamp skin page. And when i went to My Computer/C Drive/Winamp/Skins the file MMD3 was zipped, don't know if it is suppose to be or not. Maybe that could be one reason it will not open it correct, if so, please let me know. I also have Hitchhikers skin, don't know if that is classic or modern.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyMac
@ Sherman81

Maybe I did make myself clear enough in your other thread. I asked not to PM me for tech support. Please do not PM me regarding problems or queries about Winamp, its plug-ins or skins. I and other forum members and moderators prefer to provide tech support in the forums and not through PM.

Now to answer your question....

The MMD3 skin (from the skins page) was originally developed for Winamp3. There are some compatibility issues when using the skin with Winamp 5.

A couple forum members have made updates to MMD3 so it will work correctly with WA 5. billyvnilly had already provided a link where forum member eye_onus has posted a MMD3 update. If you have troubles downloading from eye_onus's post, try the update posted by Caeadas. Both of the updates were posted in the thread "MMD3-for-5 update"

MMD3 is a Modern (.wal) skin. The Lite package of WA5 does not support Modern skins. In your above post, when you said “I downloaded the NeoAlien under it, and that worked”, did you actually mean Nucleo AlienMind? Nucleo AlienMind is a classic skin. The Lite package of Winamp only supports Classic (.wsz) skins.

If you installed Winamp 5 Lite (by accident or not) that would explain why Modern skins like MMD3 are not working. I would suggest to download and install (or reinstall) Winamp Full.

Good Luck
Old 22nd April 2005, 04:25   #7
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

PM = Private Message.

no need to start private conversation, we are all here to help. and what if someone else has your problem...then they wouldnt be able to find the answer...

using the search.

were you able to download mmd3-4-5 ?
Old 22nd April 2005, 04:33   #8
Sherman81

MMD3

I click on MMD3 after i download that, and it goes to classic. If i click on the Zip File under My Computer/C:/Winamp/Skins, it says File Corrupted, and i don't know why. I tried cutting off my Express thing i have, do i need to cut off my SP2 firewall or what. I have downloaded 2 skins, don't know if they are both classic or if one is classic and the other is modern, anyway, they both came out.

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
PM = Private Message.

no need to start private conversation, we are all here to help. and what if someone else has your problem...then they wouldnt be able to find the answer...

using the search.

were you able to download mmd3-4-5 ?
Old 22nd April 2005, 04:49   #9
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

you can just click "post a reply" you dont have to click quote.

once you download the zip from: http://www.geocities.com/eye_onus/loadpage.html

extract the zip file (4 files in zip file) put files in your skin folder.

the extensions should be .wal and a text file explaining the difference between the two.

if your download was corrupt, try downloading zip file again. i dont see why firewall would mess up zip file.
Old 22nd April 2005, 12:27   #10
Elralf

Old 22nd April 2005, 15:42   #11
JonnyMac

@ Sherman81

As billyvnilly mentioned please use the "Post a Reply" button when replying to a thread. The reply button is located at the top right of the first post and the bottom right of the last post.
Looks like the following --->

If you continue to have problems with corrupted downloads and have a third party download manager/accelerator, try disabling DL manager before downloading.

@ anyone

Here is some FYI stuff about Modern and Classic skins.

Classic skins were the original format developed for Winamp. They have a "boxy" structure to them. Although the appearance of classic skins can change, the skins can not stray from their "blueprint", meaning the buttons, controls and info displays have to be in the same place.

Modern (AKA free form) skins were developed for the now "dead" Winamp3 are much more dynamic the their predecessor Classic Skins. They are not limited to a "straight form" and can have almost any shape. Also, the developer can add additional features to modern skins.

Winamp3 was a new media player developed from the ground up. It was not met by great admiration and that helped to lead to its demise. The demand for Winamp3 may have died, but the demand for free form skins did not. To answer the demand, a plug-in was added to Winamp 2 that supported WA3 style (free from, modern) skins. Winamp 2 was renamed Winamp 5 (Winamp 2 + Winamp3 skin support = Winamp 5). Only Winamp 5 Full, Bundle or Pro have modern skin support.

There is a plug-in called "Skins in submenu". It will not add additional support for modern skins, however it will separate Classic and Modern skins on Winamp main context (right click) menu and make it easier to select between classic and modern from within Winamp.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support