Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 10th September 2005, 03:28   #1
etomlinson

[5.1] MusicMagic 'enqueue' and 'play' commands reversed in ML

I upgraded from winamp 5.094 to 5.1, and I'm impressed with the Predixis MusicMagic plugin functionality for the media library: I've been looking for something like this for ages, with no real success. Aside from it taking forever to process my 11,600 MP3s, I have one major problem: Just like the subject says...

My "play" and "enqueue" functions are swapped completely in the MusicMagic portion of the media library! All other buttons function as labelled, but everything in MusicMagic (buttons at the bottom, right clicking, etc) does opposite: if you click 'play' it adds them to the bottom of the playlist and sits there, if you click 'enqueue' it clears the playlist and puts your selection in, and starts playing. Needless to say I was quite irritated at the destruction of my finely-tuned playlist... if it makes any difference, my Winamp preferences are set to use "enqueue" as the default action, both double-clicking on a file in the media library and in a Windows Explorer window.

Anyone with any insight on this, your input would be greatly appreciated! (aside from changing my default action from 'enqueue' to 'play', because that'd be just as bad as the problem I'm having now )
etomlinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2005, 03:45   #2
whicken
Guru
(Junior Member)

Hmmm.. anyone else seeing this behaviour? Maybe there's some bizarre interaction with ML settings. Did you try changing your default behaviour briefly, to see if it makes any difference?
whicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2005, 03:52   #3
etomlinson

Yeah, I was playing around with the Media Library preferences and it works as expected if you change the Preferences->General->Media Library->Library Options->"Double click or Enter Options" drop-down box to Plays Selected Item(s) from Enqueues Selected Items as I want/need it to be on. The change is immediate, you don't have to restart Winamp or anything.

The only non-standard ML plugin I have is the Audioscrobbler for Winamp thingy, version 1.18. The only other plugins of note I use are Tips v0.5 and Toaster.
etomlinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2005, 04:02   #4
whicken
Guru
(Junior Member)

Cool beans - if I can reproduce it, I can fix it. It looks like the code is ok on the plugin side, so I may need to trace into ML to see if the flag is doing what I think it should be.

Many thanks for the info!
whicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2005, 12:10   #5
kjetilbmoe

The same

I was just about to post a bug-report on the same problem. So I can only confirm that the buttons actually switch function when enqueue is chosen as defauolt action in ML.

Kjetil B Moe, Norway
kjetilbmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2005, 13:34   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Added to the 5.1-specific section of the Known Bugs thread.

@whicken
Please let me know here if/when it is fixed so I can mark it.

Note that the same problem occurred with ml_wire in 5.1beta, so if you need any help, just ask benski.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support