Old 26th March 2006, 21:36   #1
jvg1981

Send a message via AIM to jvg1981
"Library not registered."

When choosing "Online Services" in Winamp 5.21 (and, indeed, in the previous version as well), I get the message

Sorry, Online Services could not load. Please post an angry message in the forums.

If I then click on "SHOUTcast Internet Radio". I get the message

An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 164
Char: 5
Error: Library not registered.
Code: 0
URL: http://www.winamp.com/bin/om/index.php
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Choosing "Yes" doesn't have any effect; clicking on "SHOUTcast Internet Radio" again gives the same result.
I have seen similar problems reported in other posts, but no one else seems to be having the "Library not registered" problem and the solutions proffered (editing the hosts file, adding sites to the Trusted Zone, checking the IE version) haven't worked for me.

System specs:
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz, 1 GB of RAM
Soundcard: Creative SB Live! Value (WDM)
Videocard: ATI Radeon 9600 Series
Windows OS: WinXP Professional Version 2002, SP2
DirectX: 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Winamp version: 5.21, Full install
Internet connection: not sure about this; I get ethernet access in my dormroom
Firewall: ZoneAlarm Free; ZoneAlarm/TrueVector/Driver version: 6.1.737.000
IE version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
Firefox version: 1.5.0.1

If any more details are necessary, please let me know and I can probably track them down. Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hjthis_plugins.zip (3.4 KB, 591 views)
jvg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2006, 22:24   #2
tuckerm
Forum Emo

This belongs in winamp...
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2006, 22:40   #3
jvg1981

Ok, I wasn't sure. Is there a way for me to move the post over to the Winamp forum?
Old 27th March 2006, 00:26   #4
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Reported your Post and it looks like your in Winamp Tech Support now, the techies should help ya, you were in shoutcast, shoutcast tech support is for people having issues broadcasting, if your having issues with winamp it goes to winamp
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2006, 07:52   #5
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hmm... I don't see anything in the HJT log which might be responsible... unless Symantec/Norton's blocking something? Though I don't see Norton ScriptBlocking in the list of processes.

As for Winamp plugins... I doubt if Leo's Lyrics is to blame in any way (though you never know), but streamripper certainly could be. Sure, it's unlikely, but maybe it's some kind of defence mechanism to not load Online Services if streamripper is present...?

Have you modified the Internet Explorer Internet Zone security settings in any way whatsoever? ie. is it not set to the default "medium" level? Are javascript or activex disabled, etc etc?

If the problem persists after disabling 3rd-party plugins, then please zip up and attach the following files:
winamp\winamp.ini
winamp\plugins\gen_ml.ini
winamp\plugins\ml\ml_online.ini
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 06:34   #6
jvg1981

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Winamp, without adding any plugins, but I still have the same problem. My "Internet Zone" is set at the default Medium setting.
I've attached the files you requested, but at the moment they should just contain the default values.
Thanks for the assistance!
Attached Files
File Type: zip files.zip (4.0 KB, 595 views)
Old 1st April 2006, 14:15   #7
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hmm... strange.

Try using the attached .ini files (backup your old ones first).

Winamp\Plugins\gen_ml.ini
Winamp\Plugins\ml\ml_online.ini

Make sure Winamp is closed first.

Note: these two files are for jvg1981 ONLY
(ie. they're specific to jvg1981's ml setup and not to be used by anyone else)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ini_files.zip (1.7 KB, 609 views)
Old 1st April 2006, 18:05   #8
jvg1981

Unfortunately, this didn't have any noticeable effect.
Old 1st April 2006, 20:29   #9
ZarSu

You are not alone with this error. Just reformated and reinstalled this system that is used for music 99% of the time and this error does have me angry. The only thing that I did not install on it was MS Office, Everything is the same as it was and it worked ok before the format. I have had to go back to a older version of Winamp to access steams easily. I hope this major bug is fingered out soon, reformat and reinstall of everything is not an option.
ZarSu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 23:52   #10
ZarSu

Quote:
Originally posted by jvg1981
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Winamp, without adding any plugins, but I still have the same problem. My "Internet Zone" is set at the default Medium setting.
I've attached the files you requested, but at the moment they should just contain the default values.
Thanks for the assistance!
None of these ini's or changing the internet settings helped either, will have install an old version to get the shoutcast list working, this is the main reason we use Winamp.
Old 2nd April 2006, 02:36   #11
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

The ini files weren't meant for you, they were only for jvg1981, because they were specific to jvg1981's library settings/database.

I'm still not sure what causes this problem, but at a guess, the only other thing I can think of is if some Internet Explorer 6 files are damaged, missing or not registered properly.

When I load Shoutcast TV / Radio views, my Process Explorer shows that Winamp is now using the following IE system files (all located in the Windows\system32 dir):

Amhooker.dll
shdoclc.dll
mswsock.dll
hnetcfg.dll
rasapi32.dll
rasman.dll
wshtcpip.dll
msv1_0.dll
iphlpapi.dll
userenv.dll
rsaenh.dll
dnsapi.dll
rasadhlp.dll
mshtml.dll
msls31.dll
msimtf.dll
msctf.dll
jscript.dll
sxs.dll
dxtrans.dll
atl.dll
ddrawex.dll
dxtmsft.dll
imgutil.dll
pngfilt.dll
iepeers.dll
imm32.dll
apphelp.dll
winrnr.dll
msxml3.dll <-- ms xml dom
winhttp.dll

Can you confirm that all those files exist?

Other than that... I really aren't sure, heh.
Maybe Tag (winamp dev) might know something?
Old 2nd April 2006, 16:05   #12
gear

I have the same problem -- when I try to load any of the online services, I get errors:

code:
Internet Explorer Script Error

An error has occurred in the script on this page!!!

Line: 1023 {line number varies with online service}
Char: 3
Error: Automation server can't create object
Code: 0
URL: http://www.winamp.com/bin/om/sc

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

yes / no

The last question seems kinda silly, cause I didn't really want to be running any scripts in the first place, nor have I paid any attention to anything related to IE in over a year. My security settings of that unused browser are the same as when running the previous version of Winamp (somewhat strict, as originally set up by a guy watching out for my online safety). I don't really know about all the technical terms like "activex" and "dll". I just know that I could get all the video and streaming stuff on the version before the 5.2x without any problems.

I did notice this on the main Online Media page:

Quote:
Mike the Llama has tricked out the online media section...
Perhaps we could ask him to provide an "untricked" option?

g

{edit} I notice after re-reading that my error is not quite the same as the original post, but follows a somewhat similar line.

As an aside, it seems I can no longer obtain licenses for WMA copyright protected stuff -- when I try, I get a weird page full of thousands and thousands of strange characters and am unable to listen to the material. It is very hard to get money back from the providers of that material cause they show me to have gotten the license...{/edit}

Last edited by gear; 2nd April 2006 at 16:22.
gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 16:25   #13
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

No, yours isn't the same problem. Similar, but not the same.

The problem outlined in this thread is:

Clicking on "Media Library > Online Services" produces the following error:

Sorry, Online Services could not load. Please post an angry message in the forums.

Clicking on "SHOUTcast Internet Radio" in the right pane of Online Services view results in the following error message:

Error: Library not registered.

Your problem is outlined in the FAQ, whereas the one in this thread isn't, because we don't know what causes it... yet.

Script/Runtime Errors with Online Services / SC Wire
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=239551
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=239264
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=241716
Old 3rd April 2006, 23:58   #14
ZarSu

I think I might know the problem with this system. Like a fool I am IE7 Beta is installed on this computer, tried to uninstall just now and it said it was uninstalled but it is still here, guess I am stuck with the error until I can find some time to reinstall or MS fixes the bug. Thanks anyway, wonder if anyone else has IE7 and gets this error, can not uninstall it or reinstall it. Bummer...
Old 5th April 2006, 12:58   #15
Tob1knob

Yes - I just installed the latest version of IE7 Beta - and am unable to access online services etc. With the earlier version of IE7 Beta there was no problem. Also, I either get the "online service won't load" dialog box, or the online services page loads partially so you can see the blue background. Clicking on the spots where the various online services should be produces a dialig box indicating that there are IE errors.
Tob1knob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2006, 22:10   #16
ZarSu

The weird thing is that everything works correctly on 3 other systems that have the latest Winamp and IE7 beta on it.

But this system (a Frankenstein) P4 2.53 w/1 gig ram, was put together from spare parts I had laying around, has one sole purpose in existence. That is to power my 1974 Pioneer SX-1010 receiver that is in the process of going through a complete reconditioning. We even went so far as to gut the speakers and install all new drivers (4 speakers, 3 ways w/15" woofers), wires and crossovers. This is in my pet wood-shop business (have 3 others that are real and do bring in $), we make no money but have one hell of a good time doing it (not many business have setups like that right next to a kegerator!).

Winamp is working flawlessly now that the system was reformatted, I still will not install IE7 on this system until the bug can be located by Winamp or Microsoft's gurus. You can uninstall IE7 but I, like a fool, deleted the uninstall files located in the windows folder.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support