Old 10th January 2007, 18:22   #1
jayrobers

player popping up with keyboard controls

hello all-

i am currently using winamp 5.32 pro. when i minimize the player, it goes to the system tray and i control the playback with music controls (play, pause, etc. not keyboard shortcuts) on my keyboard (microsoft wireless comfort). if i push pause or stop, the player will pop up. i have to do what i want (next song, play, whatever) and then minimize it again. it did not do this in winamp 3 pro, the version i was using before i upgraded.

while this is not a major technical problem, it can get very annoying when i am working on something that requires screen space (website, documents) and i have to shift my focus away in order to minimize the player again and then refocus on what i was doing.

does anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it?

thanks.
jayrobers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2007, 01:09   #2
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

hey i think i know how to solve this. well i fixed it on my end with my microsoft wireless keyboard. first make sure your play/pause/stop buttons are set up in the global hotkeys. next go to the settings for you keyboard. now disable the buttons that make winamp pop up. in my case it was just the play/pause button.
psycho_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2007, 14:41   #3
jayrobers

Quote:
Originally posted by psycho_maniac
hey i think i know how to solve this. well i fixed it on my end with my microsoft wireless keyboard. first make sure your play/pause/stop buttons are set up in the global hotkeys. next go to the settings for you keyboard. now disable the buttons that make winamp pop up. in my case it was just the play/pause button.
yep, that worked. thanks!
jayrobers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 18:38   #4
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

your welcome. now hopefully you can help me maybe? do you have the wireless mouse? how do i take that apart? my mouse needs cleaning. thanks a lot. also i just did a clean install of Winamp and for my next button on my keyboard and it would keep skipping 2 songs instead of one when i was in the middle of a song. i disabled that button as well and i fixed the problem.

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 12th January 2007 at 21:05.
psycho_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support