Old 23rd November 2008, 02:19   #1
tmoullet

Send a message via AIM to tmoullet
Winamp playlist generator problem.

Hi

When I try to run the Gracenote playlist generator I have a problem. The plug in starts up just fine and then does the first three steps flawlessly. But when it hits 4/4, the analyzing files step it just hangs on 0 of 1865. I thought it might have been a really slow process but then I watched a movie and three hours later it was still on 0 of 1865 with the little periods doing its scrolling thing. I press reset it just skips right to the 4/4 step and continues to hang. Power cylcing my computer did not help. I was wondering how might I fix this, to be able to use the playlist generator functionality.

Some info about my set up:

I downloaded the free full winamp earlier today. All that I unchecked was the emusic crap, winamp toolbar and winamp remote. Other than that it is exactly as it would be if you downloaded it right now and didn't change anything.

I am on a 2005 windows XP SP2 gateway laptop with a gig of ram.

I have a fine internet connection.

All of my music is/are mp3s either ripped from CDs or downloaded from various places 1 by 1 from the last 6 years or so. Winamp plays each song just fine, so they are not corrupted.

If you need anymore info I will respond as soon.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
tmoullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:24   #2
Minci

I had the same problem. I found the solution here -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=285340.
Quote:
Originally posted by Juanus
Alas, you need to delete the Playlist Generator database and start a new scan from afresh.

With Winamp closed, delete the following 2 files:

Winamp\Plugins\Gracenote\cddbplm.pdb & cddbplm.idx

The path will either be the %AppData%\Winamp or %ProgramFiles%\Winamp folder.

The error message should not occur again after this.

The bug was caused in 5.5 by starting the scan but not letting it fully complete before exiting Winamp, which resulted in a corrupt PLG database. The error would also occur at Winamp startup if you had "Automatically start background scanning when Winamp launches" checkmarked in: Prefs -> Plugins -> Media Library -> Playlist Generator (ml_plg) -> config.
The problem Juanus responsed to wasn't exactly the same, but similar enough. Simply backup the cddbplm.pdb & cddbplm.idx files as a precaution if something goes wrong.
Minci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:27   #3
tmoullet

Cool thanks, I will try that and lets you know if that helps.
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:14   #4
tmoullet

Well that didn't work. The steps reset, but when it arrived on 4/4 it got hung up on 0 of 1865 again and just kept waiting there. Any other thoughts?
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support