The SHOUTcast team is pleased to present you the latest Shoutcast Transcoder beta drop.
Download Link >> http://download.shoutcast.com/beta/s...6_02232010.zip
:: 2/3/2010 - sc_trans drop 6 version 2 revision 39
- A new type of event as been added to the calendaring system that allows you to relay other stations. (see calendarxml.txt for more information)
- You can now create your playlists dynamically in real time. A new playlist entry construct will allow the invocation of an external program to fetch the next playlist entry (see docs.txt section 10)
- You can change the way your metadata is displayed in clients (this comes with lots of caveats though). See the new displaymetadatapattern conf file option (docs.txt)
- In order to encode your stream in mp3, you need an MP3 license key. This is a legal requirement to comply with all broadcasting laws. You can grab the code and pay the $5 license fee here: http://shop.winamp.com/servlet/Promo...omoID.48873700
- The conf file values unlockkeyname and unlockkeycode have been added to suport the MP3 broadcasting key.
- /writeconfig command added to web API. This will force the state of sc_trans to be written to the conf file (before it was only being done with sc_trans exited. See docs.txt)
- /timeshift command added to web API. This is very experimental and was added for the "We Choose The Moon" project at AOL. It allows extremely crude time shifting of the stream. (see docs.txt)
- Shoutcast2 protocol changed for compatibility with sc_serv2
- Network timing fudgefactor defaults are now zero for compatibility with sc_serv2
- Special files always transfered on reconnect for uvox 2.1
- Fixed problem parsing conf file, where last line was missed if there was no cr/lf at end of file
- An empty main playlist will no longer cause the application to abort. It will just sit their quietly, mumbling to itself.
- VU Meter failure after internal restart fixed
- Better error reporting for shoutcast 1 protocol
- Unix warnings about missing priority playlist directory are now debug level warnings
- DJ data should be correctly escaped now.
- In adding the relay feature it was necessary to rewrite a large portion of the metadata handling. Hopefully the metadata will now change more reliably when switching between scheduled sources.
- Update title request had bad HTTP header line (how did I get away with that for so long)?
Comments / bug reports / feedback / feature requests welcome and encouraged!
- Neil and the SHOUTcast team.