Old 16th November 2007, 12:35   #281
philen

Quote:
Originally posted by fille1000
Its a great plugin!

The nicest feature would be to have the option to show covers like in iTunes Coverflow. There is a coverflow clone for windows written in C++ http://labs.beffa.org/coverplay/
Its no longer in development but the guy is really nice and gives you the code if you ask. I wanted to make it a plug-in for winamp but I have no programming experience.
Maybe its possible to intergrate his code into album List?
I would make winamp the sleekest thing ever
Agreed, albumlist is great and with a 3D interface like CoverFlow it would be outstanding.
philen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 17:17   #282
fille1000

Is Album List still being developed?
I use it alot and i think its great, still better than album view in ML.
Bu one thing that ml has is the ability to see the individual songs of a selected album in a view underneath the albums. If you could intergrate this into Album List it would be great.
fille1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 22:11   #283
JW

I think I'd rather see that in a tooltip (as a user-selectable option)
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 20:25   #284
STiSev

I hope Albumlist is still being developed. Talk to us, dev!

Winamp devs should just include it in the main winamp install.
STiSev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 19:56   #285
STiSev

Bump??
Old 30th July 2008, 13:29   #286
penguin22

Send a message via AIM to penguin22
I just noticed that build 318 was posted on Sourceforge. Do you have a changelog for this Safai?

Btw, we ended up naming our second son Mathias

Dave -

Beware The Penguin
penguin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 13:46   #287
Safai

Send a message via ICQ to Safai
it was just a fix for not reading embedded cover art for mp3s
Safai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 14:17   #288
penguin22

Send a message via AIM to penguin22
Thanks for the Info.

One suggestion for a future version if you are developing still. Now that I use the Bentu skin and integrate Album List with the Media Library, if you could sort the profile order it would help.

e.g. I have three profiles; Albums, Compilations & Soundtracks. If I were to add another profile named Genres, I would have to remove Soundtracks, add Genres and then re-create Soundtracks if I wanted it to be in alphabetical order.

Dave -

Beware The Penguin
penguin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 14:22   #289
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Safai: with the newer Winamp versions, AlbumList crashes Winamp if I open the preferences or I try to rescan my albums. This happens since a few Winamp versions now.

winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module Gen_m3a.dll at 001b:030b7535.

If you want, I can send you more infos via PM/Mail.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 14:46   #290
Safai

Koopatrooper: which version / os are you using? obviously, it is working fine on my system (winxp + winamp 5.54).

penguin22: you can re-arrange them by editing gen_m3a.ini manually.
Old 30th July 2008, 14:49   #291
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Running Windows XP Pro SP3 (German) with latest Winamp beta build (5.54 Final, 5.53 Final and 5.52 Final versions crash too)

Do you want a list of my installed Winamp stuff or the crash files?

Reproduced the crash with different AL 2.07 beta builds, 2.06 doesn't crash.
Old 30th July 2008, 14:55   #292
Safai

the preference page crash might be due to an incompatibility with another plugin. maybe a clean install of winamp/albumlist (in a separate folder) can confirm that.

the scanning crash, you will have to 'figure' out which file is causing the problem and send it to me. you can also disable the built in file readers to confirm it is indeed the file reader crashing.
Old 30th July 2008, 14:59   #293
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I'll collect the required infos for you. If it's really an issue with a third party plug-in, then it only affects 2.07 beta, because 2.06 doesn't crash. I think Winamp 5.51 or 5.5 were the last versions, where AL 2.07 beta worked for me, I'm always using the same 3rd party plug-ins. *Shrugs*

[Edit]Did a full uninstall, deleted all settings and 3rd party plugins and can confirm that it still crashes.

I've added a folder in AL --> "Profile Preferences" --> "media" --> "Add" , after closing the preferences Album List asked, if it shoud start the scan progress now then it crashed.

I'll post the rest of the infos later.
Old 22nd November 2008, 14:58   #294
maikhau

NAS error

I have just installed AL v2.07 on WA v5.541 and it is working fine with files on a local HD but not with the Iomega NAS (Samba) where all my music are now stored (nothing is found and no error message is displayed).

While Winamp Album Cover operates fine with the NAS, Cover&Tag that I once used also does not work with it.

I suppose that some function/library used is not compatible with this NAS; so, is there some work around that I can apply?

Thanks anyone answering
maikhau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:58   #295
STiSev

Hi guys,
I love Albumlist. It's my favorite plugin ever for any program out there and the reason why I always return to Winamp!

I have the latest 5.56 version and since I ripped my entire MP3 collection > OGG, switching albums in the albumlist list has a delay of about 1-2 seconds. has anyone experienced something similar.

Is albumlist's development dead?
Old 25th February 2010, 15:52   #296
ulaoulao

Hi all, I may resume dev here not sure, I really just need to make a few changes for my self. If I get it compiled and up and running I will be willing to help out where I can.

I have never used cvs before, only snv. If I get it up and going and compiled I will report back.

Update: ok release is no good. I get LINK : fatal error LNK1272: cannot merge '.reloc' into section.... So I'm guessing its a setting in the properties.

debug
\gen_m3a\afr\ogg\ogginfo.h(145) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

So I added a type of int, not sure how this was intended to work? I was thinking maybe for xplatform, but album list is only for windows?

Here I will list the errors and what was done to fix it.

d:\albumlist\gen_m3a\cmp3info.cpp(442) : error C2065: 'i' : undeclared identifier

for( int i=0; i<header.getLayer(); i++ ) tempchar2[i] = 'I';
tempchar2[i] = '\0';

Someone hitting the crack pipe?

change to
int i=0
for( ; i<header.getLayer(); i++ ) tempchar2[i] = 'I';
tempchar2[i] = '\0';
- my guess is he wants the last element to be \0

Next error
in userinterface.cpp line 597 , my only guess is that the rogue i++ was meant to use the i from the for above. So I move the "int I" out of the for.

Next error
the other 10000000000000000000 errors about 'I' are just the fact there is no int in front. Most have some special preprocessed var for I or something, no clue. Just fixed one by one

On to the real errors

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'FLAC/metadata.h'

I see the flac is missing from the downloaded cvs So I download an sdk and that seemed to work.

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'vorbisfile_static_d.lib'

Yet the file is there, and path is correct? Same goes for the flac static..

gen_m3a\util.cpp(1103) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'AutoWide' to 'LPWSTR'

no idea on this one..

So I'm left with these.. Any help would be grate.

d:\albumlist\gen_m3a\util.cpp(1103) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'AutoWide' to 'LPWSTR'
No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called

d:\albumlist\gen_m3a\util.cpp(1343) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'AutoWide' to 'LPWSTR'
No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called

Troubles with flac - guessing a missing lib?
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
libFLAC_static.lib(ogg_decoder_aspect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ogg_sync_init referenced in function _FLAC__ogg_decoder_aspect_init
libFLAC_static.lib(ogg_decoder_aspect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ogg_stream_init referenced in function _FLAC__ogg_decoder_aspect_init
libFLAC_static.lib(ogg_decoder_aspect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ogg_stream_clear referenced in function _FLAC__ogg_decoder_aspect_finish
libFLAC_static.lib(ogg_decoder_aspect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ogg_sync_clear referenced in function _FLAC__ogg_decoder_aspect_finish
libFLAC_static.lib(ogg_decoder_aspect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ogg_sync_reset referenced in function _FLAC__ogg_decoder_aspect_flush
libFLAC_static.lib(ogg_decoder_aspect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ogg_stream_reset referenced in function _FLAC__ogg_decoder_aspect_flush
libFLAC_static.lib(ogg_decoder_aspect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ogg_sync_wrote referenced in function _FLAC__ogg_decoder_aspect_read_callback_wrapper
libFLAC_static.lib(ogg_decoder_aspect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ogg_sync_buffer referenced in function _FLAC__ogg_decoder_aspect_read_callback_wrapper
libFLAC_static.lib(ogg_decoder_aspect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ogg_stream_pagein referenced in function _FLAC__ogg_decoder_aspect_read_callback_wrapper
libFLAC_static.lib(ogg_decoder_aspect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ogg_page_serialno referenced in function _FLAC__ogg_decoder_aspect_read_callback_wrapper
libFLAC_static.lib(ogg_decoder_aspect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ogg_sync_pageout referenced in function _FLAC__ogg_decoder_aspect_read_callback_wrapper
libFLAC_static.lib(ogg_decoder_aspect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ogg_stream_packetout referenced in function _FLAC__ogg_decoder_aspect_read_callback_wrapper
Debug/flac.afp : fatal error LNK1120: 12 unresolved externals

Last edited by ulaoulao; 25th February 2010 at 18:50.
ulaoulao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 21:42   #297
ulaoulao

Ok errors all fixed up, I have been revoked the ability to edit posts past 2 hours, so I had to repost.

I have compiled AL and found most troubles where just a matter of getting libs in the right order. Plus TabbedUI was not in the project setting ( this one had me going for a bit )

So I'm now going to work on the changes I'd like to see, again feel free to let me know what you would like to see as this plugin seems to be dead. I dont think I will have the time to put together an installer. So for now its just a dll that I can modify.
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:35   #298
ulaoulao

Ok I added the feature that I wanted. Putting the code on the shelf.

suggested feature for author.

at the end of a song

int indx = IPC_GetAlbumIndex();
m_wndList.SetCurSel(indx);

So that the highlight is updated showing the song playing. Very useful in a car..

I also added a set focus so that the focus is always AL, good check box option IMO.
Old 1st April 2010, 01:15   #299
STiSev

Yes, thank you for continuing development. It was sad to see the best winamp plugin's development dead
Old 7th April 2010, 18:11   #300
Zero2FiftyIn4

Did I miss the dll that you came up with or are you not sharing it?

"It is, in the end, whatever the Hell I want it to be,
And when I'm through with it, it's gonna blow a hole,
This wide, straight through the worlds own idea of itself.
They're throwing bottles at your house.
Come on, lets go break their arms."
Zero2FiftyIn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 01:43   #301
Knowone

Kudos to Safai for all his great work!

Album List has become an indispensable part of my WinAmp setup and I don't quite see what could replace its ease of use and versatility.

Ulaoulao, any further updates that you could provide would be very interesting and most welcome.
Knowone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 03:37   #302
adamf9898

Send a message via Yahoo to adamf9898
help

hi i have been using album list for awhile , i use v2.06

i have noticed that alot of my albums aren't getting listed, and yes i have added the directory. any ideas ?

<----adamf9898---->
adamf9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 09:53   #303
adamf9898

okay so i have found out that i have to click and drag the folder into the album list to add the album instead of just adding the main dir and letting it scan. it works great by clicking and dragging the folder into album list! now all my albums show up

<----adamf9898---->
Old 27th December 2010, 15:32   #304
byblo

Hello.

I finally added the archive support, which permit to list archive albums, like RAR and ZIP for use along in_zip, from dr0.

Here is a little changelog:
--------
- Added ini entry for each profile: Color Quality (allowed values: 4, 8, 16, 24[default], 32)
Gain size/speed: 4 -80%, 8 -65%, 16 -30%, 24 0%(default), 32 +31%
- Archive album support: Uses .WAZ extension only (it is intentional that .RAR extension wont be load) Can be a valid ZIP or RAR file. e.g: "artist - album.waz"
- Archive album's cover support for .WAZ in RAR type (ZIP todo)

I'm planning to release a beta version next week, the time to ensure that everything works well here.

Details view:

Cover view:

Also, here is my TODO list (which is more a wishlist...)
- [Favorite] album type (5 levels/stars)
- Filters albums by type
- Cover support for ZIP type
- Random play album also through profiles (new command and EXE, or simply an option somewhere)
- File type detection by header instead of extension, before loading a cover
(dll got stuck once, while trying to load a PNG file with JPG extension...)
- Add naming style: "Artist (year) Album"
- Ignore crc32 tags from album's filenames
- Move profile UP/DOWN on ML (profiles swap)
- Copy a profile (useful to keep personal settings from a profile to a new one)
- Categories for Profiles (?)

AL2 isn't dead
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 17:29   #305
adamf9898

Sounds like a nice idea Byblo.

It kind of reminds me of using Deliplayer.

1) Will the project you are working on allow you to listen to random tracks inside the .rar?

For example, if i load all my .rar albums into albumlist will it have the option to play all albums on shuffle straight through and also have the option to shuffle all albums by playing random songs within my .rar collections?

2) Will it allow you to add/change tags and save it while the mp3s are actually inside the .rar file ?

Just a thought. Hope you get everything working the way you want it soon!

<----adamf9898---->
Old 27th December 2010, 22:38   #306
byblo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamf9898 View Post
1) Will the project you are working on allow you to listen to random tracks inside the .rar?
The winamp's shuffle works also for .rar

Quote:
For example, if i load all my .rar albums into albumlist will it have the option to play all albums on shuffle straight through and also have the option to shuffle all albums by playing random songs within my .rar collections?
Yes, there is an option into Album List: "Automatic Advance to next Album" > "Random"

Quote:
2) Will it allow you to add/change tags and save it while the mp3s are actually inside the .rar file ?
No. And I don't think the in_zip plugin permit it. Request it to dr0, here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....202525&page=11

Quote:
Just a thought. Hope you get everything working the way you want it soon!
Thank you
Old 28th December 2010, 14:16   #307
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by byblo View Post
No. And I don't think the in_zip plugin permit it. Request it to dr0, here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....202525&page=11
in_zip is a read-only design so there is no means of editing the files in the archives (is a choice made as there's no legal way i can add in rar and ace writing support so seems pointless to only implement it for half of the supported archive formats).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2010, 11:28   #308
byblo

Quote:
hi i have been using album list for awhile , i use v2.06

i have noticed that alot of my albums aren't getting listed, and yes i have added the directory. any ideas ?
Normally a directory is added as album if it contain a m3u file inside, or one of the specified extension in the "File Type to Search" edit box. I assume your missing albums aren't containing any m3u file?
Old 7th March 2011, 18:12   #309
byblo

I have been testing the beta since, and it seems working well.

Here are the change until now:

- Added ini entry for each profile: Color Quality (allowed values: 4, 8, 16, 24[default], 32)
Gain size/speed: 4 -80%, 8 -65%, 16 -30%, 24 0%(default), 32 +31%
- Archive album support: Uses .WAZ extension only (it is intentional that .RAR extension wont be load) Can be a valid ZIP or RAR file. e.g: "artist - album.waz"
- Archive album's cover support for .WAZ in RAR type (ZIP todo)
- Strech cover function finalized (aspect ratio)
- Load profile's cache files only when it is selected (winamp faster start, less memory usage)
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:29   #310
djsolidsnake86

what is the option for visualize a album art with no title?
djsolidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 10:26   #311
adamf9898

Plugin addon for albumlist

I can't find the plugin on Winamp's plugin site anymore, but I have AlbumList and was wanting to know if someone knows or can create the following:

Add option to go to album/find album in the local media/audio view in winamp, by right click on album in albumlist plugin.

This would be a great option for me.

[edit - Moderation]
merged this post into albumlist thread as it did not belong in the WaDev forum

<----adamf9898---->
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
add, albumlist, create, plugin