• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Too-DAMN-Much
    The Big Bad Boots
    (Forum King)
    • Dec 2003

Minecraft - Admit it

no need to lie, i doubt i could find a single person who hasn't heard of it.

and for those who've gotten in on the half price (around $10, just in euros instead) cost while it's in development.

what's the most impressive thing you've built in survival mode (not creative since you get infinite everything)?

personally i've built a bit of things, but nothing elaborate enough to be worth posting, i started an ice structure though on my winter map is about the best

have you found any dungeons and plundered their chests yet?

yep, only two total though, they're not easy to find

have you imported any dwarf fortress maps (read the official forums it's not easy though) yet?

i wish i could say yes, but dwarf fortress just made too many attempts to be user unfriendly for me personally, i never got very far with it.

figured out how to make redstone door switches where either trigger item (floor plate, switch, button) will open/close the door regardless of the second switch's on/off state?

i wish, well beyond my ability however

also, notch knows a lot more than he lets on, refer to any pic that includes his eyes if you can't see it, what do you think it is that he knows?

how to develop a great game and kick off his business company at the same time, maybe, can't help but think theres more to it though.

(it's a similar affect as: http://images.encyclopediadramatica....Cover-tom2.jpg )
    I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
  • JasonDoucette
    • Mar 2001

I kept playing it and then deleting it. It's addictive as hell, but goes too slow and get's overwhelming. I want to explore. And if I die, I can't even find where I was before? Ugh. But great game!
    Jason Doucette
    http://www.jasondoucette.com
    [email protected]

Comment

• Singomat
      • Feb 2011

TBH, I never heard of that game :P Am I really so behind time?

Comment

• Too-DAMN-Much
        The Big Bad Boots
        (Forum King)
        • Dec 2003

see for yourself.

it's on average three times cheaper than games that are many many more than three times as worse.

i've yet to hear about anyone who tried it out that didn't immediately get sucked right into it.

Comment

• Singomat
          • Feb 2011

Hehe tried Minecraft free version now, but I really can't relate with games like this. I'll rather play my old faithful Minsweeper.

Comment

• Too-DAMN-Much
            The Big Bad Boots
            (Forum King)
            • Dec 2003

Originally Posted by Singomat View Post
            Hehe tried Minecraft free version now, but I really can't relate with games like this. I'll rather play my old faithful Minsweeper.
            the free version is nothing compared to the real one.

Comment

• samantha89
              • Jul 2011

I played the free version, it is fun, but somehow it couldn't keep my interest.

My brother on the other hand is an addict, and constantly shows me things he built.

Its a fun, innovative game anyways, I hope we would get more of them, instead of the same old same old.

Comment

• Psythik
                Got his CT back
                and didn't pay $10
                (Forum King)
                • Aug 2002

Lump me into the group that just doesn't get it. I can invest maybe an hour or two in this game before I quickly get bored. I'm not a programmer, therefore I don't understand redstone, which means there simply isn't a whole lot to do before I get bored.
                This is a sig of some nature.

Comment

• rockouthippie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2004

My brother is an addict. I think it's kinda lame.

Comment

• cliffordstoll
                    • Sep 2010

I am listing 1st time .. and want to get this game?? please tell me how can i get ...

Comment

• Too-DAMN-Much
                      The Big Bad Boots
                      (Forum King)
                      • Dec 2003

Originally Posted by Psythik View Post
                      I'm not a programmer, therefore I don't understand redstone, which means there simply isn't a whole lot to do before I get bored.
                      it's simplified enough trial & error works.

Comment

• Axfeiza
                        • Aug 2012

i'm addicted to that shit! kinda exciting though

Comment

• mike-db
                          Pancakes!
                          (Major Dude)
                          • Feb 2005

Yeah I play, survival all day every day. I don't find the game much fun on the easier difficulties so I am usually on Hard or Hardcore.

Most impressive thing built?

These walls they span across my map, they are my main mode of trasportation. Every 22 blocks there is a "tower" inside which is a bed and a small wheat farm underneath.
                          (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

• #Jacktripper007
                            • Aug 2012

How are you?

In my opinion folks keeping replacing the topic of and I always came trying to find handy knowledge and always get these types of rubbish response. Definitely not cool

be or not to be, that is not the question

Comment

• Too-DAMN-Much
                              The Big Bad Boots
                              (Forum King)
                              • Dec 2003

damn, i tried to take screenshots of my logistics pipes crafting wall and auto smelting chests, but i'm not sure where technic saves screenshots and i can't be bothered to figure out for sure.

at any rate, you should try technic + logistic pipes + forestry sometime, it's a lot of fun and both of those can just be dropped in the mods folder so it's a cinch to install them, i've been having a lot of fun with thaumcraft too as well lately.

[edit] also i almost forgot, but typically when i run out of ideas for things to build i'll watch a bit of direwolf20's lets play episodes, he comes up with some really good ideas to get you going and he explains how to set things up while he's building it usually too [/edit]

Comment

Working...
                              X