Old 6th November 2009, 20:14   #1
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
Olympic torch crap

So a few days ago the Olympic torch went right by my place, fuck they are loud! Van's equipped with speakers eve in the wheels I bet! With some lady screaming in some sort of devilish tongue I don't have pictures because the fuckers woke me up.

Anyways, on a lighter side of things, one of the torch bearers was known by my girl friend, and the most awesome of all. Some body surfed with the torch without it going out, pretty awesome stuff.

In winter BC is suppose to be quiet and depressing, this is really weird.
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 21:09   #2
rockouthippie
Banned

Meanwhile the US and Britain have been accusing Canada of unsportsmanlike conduct in not granting facility access to UK ans US teams.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...06/349217.aspx
http://www.metronews.ca/vancouver/lo...r-venue-access
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 22:07   #3
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Colbert accuses us of cheating! Wow, Hongcouver is big enough thank you.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 7th November 2009, 15:35   #4
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Athletes should be confident enough in their skills not to be cowards in limiting practice at their venues. Athletes should win based on skills, team work, and mastery... not differences in venue access. Limited access undermines the principle that the game is between players and not policies. This is especially true in sports were playing fields vary greatly from course to course such as luge. If the host team wins, does that mean the player won, or does that mean the local access policy won? Who are we paying to see compete against each other - players or policy makers?

I have heard that Olympic television ratings (and therefore advertising bids) have gone down quite a bit in recent years. It wouldn't surprise me if this causes an even bigger drop, and it wouldn't surprise me if the world is made quite aware of what happened when coverage is broadcasted.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 00:07   #5
rockouthippie
Banned

It will be funny when Canada chokes anyway ....
Old 8th November 2009, 05:10   #6
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I have nothing against Canada as a country - some of the most beautiful landscapes on earth exist there. However, it will be nice to see a non-home-team win after that.

Old 9th November 2009, 21:20   #7
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

And I could really care less, damned tourists are here when they should not be. That means more cops, which means it will be harder to get to and from work. Sheesh.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 9th November 2009, 23:19   #8
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Tourism is a great source of income from people who didn't need to earn it from within. When I go up there I usually give a lot of hard earned dollars. I'm hoping to do a lot of trail riding and fishing next time I get up there.

Old 10th November 2009, 20:51   #9
RockyRacoon

it's been a while since I've been here.

I liked it when the torch went through my town for the Atlanta games. But yeah, I wouldn't have wanted to live across the street from it.
RockyRacoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 10:53   #10
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by swingdjted
I have nothing against Canada as a country
Oh bullshit. It's impossible to not be annoyed by Canadians.

Beer is good. Why is USA beer like making love in a rowboat?
It's f**cking close to water.

Yeah I know I'm a yank. Yank this!

As far as travel in Canada, it's only surpassed by the French in so far as you paying people and them bitching about it.

France has the distinction of having universally decent coffee and comely women who like the stars and stripes. Something about a flag pole. My french isn't that skilled. All is forgiven.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 11th November 2009 at 11:08.
Old 12th November 2009, 02:39   #11
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I know of many good beers brewed in the USA, although most are in small quantities. I used to be happy with Molson Canadian and Moosehead, saying that they are some of the best extra light beers (at least in comparison to other light beers), but now I've just gone ahead and divorced myself from lighter beers and I try my hardest to drink dark beer or no beer at all. For some reason, a good Canadian beer doesn't seem to come to mind at the moment, but there's got to be something good up there. A quick check to BeerAdvocate shows beers brewed in Canada in the styles I like (dark ales, porters, stouts, etc.), but I haven't tried any of them yet.

I don't have the bug that a lot of Americans have to visit France. I've seen and read tons about it in books and on TV, so I'm hoping to travel elsewhere to places that I don't know as much about. It's to the point where I can name more cities in France and historical facts about them than I can my own current state of Iowa in the USA.

Old 12th November 2009, 02:49   #12
rockouthippie
Banned

Iowa? I guess I could forgive you being a commie when you aren't looking at urban sprawl and are in what is probably left of America.

You are married. I suggest you don't sample French women and the possible corruption that could happen by sampling communist French coffee.

Oh hell.... we could digress more than a bit from here.

Kiss your wife. She's pretty and must be sweet to put up with your ass.

I remember seeing Simon and Garfunkek at BC Place stadium in 1982, drinking Molson and I have never seen fit to consume one more drop of moose piss or Canada cigarettes. Canada remains on the top of my list for places nobody should ever care to visit, having no redeeming quality whatsoever. Compared ro Canada, Iowa is prime destination,

I know. I will piss off some Canadians. All I can say is leave Canada. Your butt will pucker, but you'll be better for it.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 12th November 2009 at 03:16.
Old 12th November 2009, 03:54   #13
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

If my wife and I were hired in a school in the woods or mountains of Canada, I'd leave these square miles of corn and pigs immediately for it. The same would be said if I were living in a corn n' pigs region of Canada and was offered work in a more inviting place (to me at least) in the USA. I eat pork and corn, but, if I'm not the one farming it, I feel out of place driving through it all day. In the mountains I can do what I love doing like hiking, hunting, and camping, fishing, biking, off-roading, etc. whereas while I could do some of it here, it's not the same. Honestly, there isn't much I don't like about Canada. I have friends there that don't have any complaints that are different from complaints about the USA. This facility access bullshit pisses me off, but I don't blame the whole country for it, just the few assholes that think it's the right way to host the games.

As far as Renee goes, she puts up with my shit, but a lot of it is the fact that we're on the same page on a lot of things, which could be bad or good I guess. Plus I spoil the hell out of her (possibly because it keeps her quiet when I spoil myself...).

Old 12th November 2009, 04:02   #14
rockouthippie
Banned

Hell, keep spoiling your sweetie and I'll keep flying over Canada without stopping when I go to Alaska. I lived in Blaine Wa, for a while. spent a lot of unrewarding time in BC and Victoria. Canada? You can keep it.
Old 12th November 2009, 04:08   #15
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I'd like to drive that route some day.

Old 12th November 2009, 04:10   #16
rockouthippie
Banned

They have paved the Alkan, but I haven't seen it. I have driven it before reconstruction in a U-haul. I am quite glad I did not own the truck. Given the choice, I would prefer the jet and a couple vodka tonics.
Old 12th November 2009, 04:11   #17
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

That kinda takes away from the fun - I finally get something that's made specifically for that kind of driving, and they take it away...

Old 12th November 2009, 04:14   #18
rockouthippie
Banned

Yeah get old. You start to more or less hate driving.... Canadians get a little weary too. It isn't impossible to have them not regard you as the ugly yank. It is an effort that is annoying, when you just wanted some bacon and eggs, some gasoline and to not roll over like a puppy and take a bunch of shit. Bacon and eggs in Canada is BTW above average. Not enough of a distinction that looking at Canada through an airplane window and flying the bird at her .........

It's even worse than driving through Utah with a cigarette and a cup of coffee wearing your "Eat, Drink and be Merry because tomorrow you may be in Salt Lake" t-shirt while explaining to the Utah highway patrol why you were doing 66 in a 65 zone sporting Oregon plates.

I really hope Canadians visiting the USA find it a little more comfortable than vice versa. I hope Mormons will take a pull off my bottle at the Salt Lake City Holiday Inn. I hope Bo will eat Joe Biden.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 12th November 2009 at 05:07.
Old 12th November 2009, 21:57   #19
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Rockout, it seems like you just hate anything that is not American or white.

Please prove me wrong.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 13th November 2009, 08:42   #20
rockouthippie
Banned

Hell, I'm just tired of people that aren't white, male and/or aren't American looking at me like I owe them money. It's a defect to believe your own bullshit. Our shoes get put on one at a time. My problems are the same as anyone else. I'm tired of people branding their own misery as somehow more significant because it's politically correct.

Can I get a lousy plate of eggs without having Canadians screw with the "yank"? Not likely in my experience. Somehow I must deserve to have my shit stolen and to get assaulted by brown people and get called a racist for my trouble. Can I take a walk in Washington DC without getting killed for being a white guy? Less than likely. It's just become too convenient that we have driven wedges between races, sexes, and every other divide you could imagine when we should just be cool. Universally we know how to be cool. Maybe we should try that. Could we find any more excuses to treat each other badly?

If you are cool. I am cool. I'm even a good guy to know. Just don't try to excuse being a turd, while trying to look abused. I only owe fair, polite and decent. You'll even find generous. I've been told, almost to a fault. Don't push your luck.

Your life is not screwed up because I am white, male, or American. Look in the mirror.

Have we got that straight? First pitcher is on me

Last edited by rockouthippie; 13th November 2009 at 10:12.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions