Old 5th February 2014, 20:28   #1
wxrance

Shoutcast in winamp player?

Any eta when we will be able to play stations in the player?
wxrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 20:39   #2
jaromanda
Forum King

you've always been able to, for at least 1 year *

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 03:57   #3
wxrance

Well am not able to play any station in the player for some reason. Any idea's on this please?
Old 6th February 2014, 04:35   #4
jaromanda
Forum King

The more information you can provide the better, currently you have supplied no information at all

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 04:40   #5
wxrance

When i click on the online services link in winamp i get an error message 404 saying the page could not be found. Winamp was not able to connect to the service. I checked my firewall and thats not the problem and i have checked all file type in preference folder. Only thing that will play sometimes is that 30 second ad then nothing after that.
Old 6th February 2014, 09:35   #6
DrO

the 'online services' root is not working as part of what's noted in http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=374929 i.e. it's all related to the sale of Winamp.

(note: the following assumes that you're using v5.666 build 3516)

though there's nothing stopping you manually adding the 'SHOUTcast Radio' service (if it wasn't automatically added on install for you) by right-clicking on 'Online Services' and going to 'Service Management' -> 'New' and entering http://www.shoutcast.com/scradioinwinamp/ as the service url (along with how you want to name it, etc) and saving and that gets the search mode working.

and as an additional note, as long as the links to the stream(s) were still valid then they will work irrespective of not having access to the view (as seems to be the case for you) as it's just the discovery aspect which is not setup correctly. and i'd hope that the new owners will get such things sorted out in the coming weeks...
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 10:39   #7
micronicos

Send a message via Skype™ to micronicos
Get rid of Podcast Directory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
the 'online services' root is not working as part of what's noted in http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=374929 i.e. it's all related to the sale of Winamp.

(note: the following assumes that you're using v5.666 build 3516)

though there's nothing stopping you manually adding the 'SHOUTcast Radio' service (if it wasn't automatically added on install for you) by right-clicking on 'Online Services' and going to 'Service Management' -> 'New' and entering http://www.shoutcast.com/scradioinwinamp/ as the service url (along with how you want to name it, etc) and saving and that gets the search mode working.

and as an additional note, as long as the links to the stream(s) were still valid then they will work irrespective of not having access to the view (as seems to be the case for you) as it's just the discovery aspect which is not setup correctly. and i'd hope that the new owners will get such things sorted out in the coming weeks...
Thank you DrO this worked great.

Two questions:
1. Is it possible to delete the Podcast Directory option completely?
2. How do I change the url of Online Services? (I added Shoutcast Radio below it OK but still get 404 from Online Services)?

Service name: Online Services
Error code: 404
Url: http://client.winamp.com/services
Service id: 777
Client id: WA-144B9F075D7C41159F64BA37B8A700C1

Regards,
Nico Morrison
Radio Flower Raj - live music, news & interviews.

IBM T41 (2003) [2GB RAM 300GB IDE HDD XP Pro SP3]
INTEL SERVER MOTHERBOARD (2004) [2GB RAM DEBIAN 7.3]
micronicos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 10:55   #8
DrO

#1 - you cannot remove it though you can specify an alternative via the 'Podcast Directory' preferences.

#2 - like with #1 but via the 'Online Services' preferences.

though who knows what's going to happen with any of that in future client releases or even with re-made web-based versions for any client version.
Old 6th February 2014, 11:10   #9
micronicos

Thank you DrO

Regards,
Nico Morrison

Old 6th February 2014, 11:15   #10
Aminifu
Forum King

What I get is the search page shows up momentarily and then goes away and an error notice is displayed saying the resource is not found.

If I enter an url (via the play context menu command) of a shoutcast station that plays in IE 11, Winamp displays a syncing error message.

Edit:
The url I entered was incorrect. Streaming shoutcast stations do work with the correct addresses.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 17:38   #11
wxrance

Thank you
That fix did work.
Old 6th February 2014, 20:37   #12
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxrance View Post
Well am not able to play any station in the player for some reason. Any idea's on this please?
Quote:
........though there's nothing stopping you manually adding the 'SHOUTcast Radio' service (if it wasn't automatically added on install for you) by right-clicking on 'Online Services' and going to 'Service Management' -> 'New' and entering http://www.shoutcast.com/scradioinwinamp/ as the service url (along with how you want to name it, etc) and saving and that gets the search mode working...
That page http://www.shoutcast.com/scradioinwinamp/ is broken for me.
That URL does go to the original Shoutcast "play in Winamp" site.
In the past, I could go there to play radio, without problems, in my Winamp.

But now, clicking on any station gives a split second view of a screen "loading" before returning to the listings, but nothing plays.
Also, various other buttoms do not work, including Configuration, View, Search and Next Page.

My work-around is to use http://www.shoutcast.com.
That site seems to work correctly.
As long as .pls files are associated with Winamp, clicking on a station plays it in Winamp as expected.

Maybe there is something missing in my Winamp installation?
Is there any Internet Explorer setting or configuration that must be used?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Winamp_Info_Report_02-06-2014.txt (25.6 KB, 570 views)

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 08:52   #13
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
That page http://www.shoutcast.com/scradioinwinamp/ is broken for me.
That URL does go to the original Shoutcast "play in Winamp" site.
In the past, I could go there to play radio, without problems, in my Winamp.

Maybe there is something missing in my Winamp installation?
Is there any Internet Explorer setting or configuration that must be used?
That used to work for me too. Now after the search page loads, my Winamp configuration tries to load "http://cdn.at.atwola.com/_media/uac/tcode3.html". This site no longer responds and the internet connection is dropped, so I can't search for and start Shoutcast radio stations from within Winamp.

This is a result of the sale of Winamp, some servers (URLs written into the Winamp code or search page script) supplying ads for generating AOL revenue are no longer available.

Like you, I can get stations to play in Winamp when I select them with my external browser (if .pls files are associated with Winamp). I can also get stations to play if I enter their correct playlist URL via the main context menu's play command. I will use these methods until the new owners sort out how they will allow Shoutcast access from within Winamp.

Old 7th February 2014, 09:04   #14
DrO

sounds like the ad aspects which US users were subjected to (I no longer have the means to try things from a US address so have to guess that is the case).
Old 7th February 2014, 09:25   #15
micronicos

Localisation (GeoIP?).

Sounds like some kind of localisation as it works for me in London, UK

You could get yourself a (free) vpn & see if you get the same from a European IP?

Regards,
Nico Morrison

Old 7th February 2014, 13:45   #16
ryerman
Major Dude

Thank-you, Aminifu, DrO and micronicos, for your responses.
I'm in Canada so I guess we were also subjected to advertisements.
And I do see "Advertisement" at the very top of the page, as if a place-holder.

@Aminifu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
....Like you, I can get stations to play in Winamp when I select them with my external browser (if .pls files are associated with Winamp). I can also get stations to play if I enter their correct playlist URL via the main context menu's play command. I will use these methods until the new owners sort out how they will allow Shoutcast access from within Winamp.
If you create a custom Online Service using http://www.shoutcast.com as the URL, you may be able to search and play Shoutcast listed stations from within Winamp.
It works for me.

Old 8th February 2014, 08:20   #17
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
If you create a custom Online Service using http://www.shoutcast.com as the URL, you may be able to search and play Shoutcast listed stations from within Winamp.
It works for me.
Nope, tried that and I get the same response as when using the Winamp specific search page.

I mostly play my own local files (and can get Shoutcast stations indirectly), so I'm willing to wait awhile to see what Radionomy will do about this issue for US users. After-all, the new owners are not in the US and Winamp is now much more popular outside the US. I expect redirecting US based revenue streams will not be a trivial matter.

Old 10th February 2014, 15:13   #18
DrO

see http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....33#post2985733 and posts around that for pre-made files to use (which can either be dropped into the settings folder or imported via the Service Management action on the Online Services node.

can also use those as a basis for adding other services - just need to ensure the id is unique.
Old 10th February 2014, 17:13   #19
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi DrO,

The pre-made SHOUTcast configuration file does not work for me either. The only difference between it and the installation file is that it does not have the "generation=2" parameter. My Winamp configuration is still trying (and failing) to load the page I indicated in post #13 above.

What does work for me within Winamp is loading "http://winamp.com/" in the internal browser. Then I'm able to select among the few stations listed on that page. But when I select the "MORE STATIONS" control I'm back to the same issue of momentarily showing the search page and then failing to load the ad server page (if that's what it is).

Why is it that the search page works in the external browser and not the internal?

Old 10th February 2014, 18:45   #20
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
.....What does work for me within Winamp is loading "http://winamp.com/" in the internal browser. Then I'm able to select among the few stations listed on that page. But when I select the "MORE STATIONS" control I'm back to the same issue of momentarily showing the search page and then failing to load the ad server page (if that's what it is)....
fyi, "MORE STATIONS" goes to http://www.shoutcast.com, the site we mentioned earlier.

Old 10th February 2014, 19:24   #21
DrO

Quote:
Why is it that the search page works in the external browser and not the internal?
i do not know and can only assume it's something having been stopped in relation to ads which is not handling failures correctly (as had been the case in the past with specific browsers).

all i've done is provide the same file as would be generated if the online services was still running (for those that may find it useful either as-is or as an example to work with). why the page refuses to work for you and others is baffling but there's little to do to attempt to debug it (i definitely cannot as i've no means to access things from a US connection anymore).
Old 11th February 2014, 00:54   #22
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
all i've done is provide the same file as would be generated if the online services was still running (for those that may find it useful either as-is or as an example to work with). why the page refuses to work for you and others is baffling but there's little to do to attempt to debug it (i definitely cannot as i've no means to access things from a US connection anymore).
Understood. Glad to see you're still trying to help where you can.
I didn't expect the pre-made file would work. Just providing my results and expressing wonder at the difference when using the external and internal IE browsers. Since the same base engine code is being used, it is baffling.

It appears that the external browser is correctly handling the failure to load the page that's giving me trouble or it's not trying to load that page. If I get enough spare time (in the near future), I'll try to determine which case it is. I don't have the tools to do this properly, but it would be fun to dust off some of my code debugging skills that haven't been used in 12 years.

@ryerman
Thank you, but that is what I meant by saying selecting "MORE STATIONS" momentarily shows the search page.

@Anyone in the US
If you are reading this thread and the SHOUTcast search page works for you within Winamp, it would be nice to hear from you. Maybe we can figure out why before Radionomy gets around to fixing things.

Old 11th July 2014, 21:44   #23
pietertvl

"@Anyone in the US
If you are reading this thread and the SHOUTcast search page works for you within Winamp, it would be nice to hear from you. "

I'm in the States. And within Winamp, I can conduct a search (via Online Services, not Shoutcast per se since I migrated PCs recently, and that subscription wasn't offered .. and the directions above for adding it manually didn't work for me as I'm in 563) and get results. But not into the older format with buttons to launch it, or the bookmark icons. So I can't select any of the results.

I'm also having issues using the browser listings where stations appear as being available for listening, but copying the link locations into winamp play url isn't working in a fair number of cases (1 in 5?). So I'm here trying to figure out how to add stations to my existing winamp media library (or update the URL in many cases) so that they work. Eg, I can listen to psychedelik.com ambient straight off the browser, but the URL for it won't play in winamp. I get 'Service Unavailable.' ??? [NB -- while that operation DOES work in many cases, by no means all.] ).
pietertvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2014, 01:24   #24
pietertvl

USA winamp users and Shoutcast searches

OK .... stateside winamp user .... Just checked out my winamp station searching capability again.
Previously, using Online Services not Online/Shoutcast, I could obtain results but there was no way to make any selections. No buttons or stars or arrows beside the station listings to hit.
Since that time, I now find a grey arrow on the left hand side of each station listing.
The first 2-3 attempts did NOT succeed in getting winamp to switchover to the new selection.
Winamp seemed to make attempts to do so ...I saw dialog window flashes ... but failed for one reason or another. Psychedelik.com Ambient mp3 was one of the failures. Winamp did not like the URL
But on the 4th attempt, with a 4th different station, I did succeed in changing the station using the arrow.
This is not the way I would normally find and change stations. I normally use my bookmarks, so this is not something I will be checking on often. But to a degree, its working.
Old 9th August 2014, 17:38   #25
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi pietertvl,

Sorry I missed your previous post in July. Thank you for responding.

There has been a lot of progress since last February. I'm now using a different url in Online Services (http://www.shoutcast.com/scradioinwinamp/) that works very well for me for stations that are actually online. It shows the search page in black and white with a blue selection arrow next to the stations. The other url with the more colorful search page is still being worked on.

Old 9th August 2014, 18:20   #26
pietertvl

Hi Aminiflu ...
Thank you for that tip. That is certainly a larger and hence more workable interface page from which to conduct station searches and to launch them via winamp (versus the browser) which I much prefer. I've added that to my Firefox startpage tab set.

However, to the technology team, I am still finding that some stations that appear on the search lists, with listeners, will not successfully launch/play in winamp when selected. I'm using 5.666. Winamp tries to connect, but times out. Psychedelik.com Ambient mp3 is one example. On my win7 taskbar, the winamp icon shows my selection changing, but never connects. The station currently has 119 listeners. As posted above, I can feed its URL into WindowsMediaPlayer and get it to play. Just not in winamp. No luck with the aac version either, but aac channels generally seem to be a challenge for radionomy at the moment.

I should add that off these search page results, copying the link location into winamp play URL also does not work .... http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-....pls?id=291271 This is the link for the Ambient mp3 station.
Old 9th August 2014, 18:37   #27
ChiggyChiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietertvl View Post
Hi Aminiflu ...
Thank you for that tip. That is certainly a larger and hence more workable interface page from which to conduct station searches and to launch them via winamp (versus the browser) which I much prefer. I've added that to my Firefox startpage tab set.

However, to the technology team, I am still finding that some stations that appear on the search lists, with listeners, will not successfully launch/play in winamp when selected. I'm using 5.666. Winamp tries to connect, but times out. Psychedelik.com Ambient mp3 is one example. On my win7 taskbar, the winamp icon shows my selection changing, but never connects. The station currently has 119 listeners. As posted above, I can feed its URL into WindowsMediaPlayer and get it to play. Just not in winamp. No luck with the aac version either, but aac channels generally seem to be a challenge for radionomy at the moment.

I should add that off these search page results, copying the link location into winamp play URL also does not work .... http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-....pls?id=291271 This is the link for the Ambient mp3 station.
I just tried that link and its now playing fine for me o:

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2014, 18:40   #28
pietertvl

Right ... and it still doesn't for me even I have the latest player (5.666) along with some addins that DrO recommended. Strange. My PC is clean and 98% of my station listings work fine.
Old 9th August 2014, 19:31   #29
ChiggyChiggy

Do you have a firewall by any chance filtering out that station's IP? Im no expert at this, but thats my guess :L

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2014, 20:08   #30
pietertvl

Don't think that's it.
Windows firewall is off.
And I used to get this station on my previous machine which was XP, on this same home network.
Problem arrived when I switched machines, and over to Win7, three months ago, and also went from 5.63 to 5.666.
I'll check my other machine on the same network though.
Station works fine on other Win7 machine. Perhaps I'll do a reinstall of winamp. Odd.
Old 9th August 2014, 20:31   #31
Aminifu
Forum King

You can make an extended configuration report ( http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=328932 ) of each installation. Comparing them may help you spot any differences related to Winamp.

Old 10th August 2014, 01:34   #32
DrO

that info tool report may help though failures for one when its all ok for everyone else makes me suspect a bad install or not having the official in_mp3.dll present or not having mp3 as the default file type to assume if no extension is detected. or its a quirk in relation to the Winamp install and the OS install and / or soemthing else (including not having Winamp fully setup as the default pls file handler).
Old 10th August 2014, 02:05   #33
pietertvl

Thanks for chiming in DrO

"makes me suspect
a bad install (did a reinstall today for all but personal files to doublecheck this possibility)
or not having the official in_mp3.dll present (present, and modified date is same as other dlls)
or not having mp3 as the default file type to assume if no extension is detected (check this where?)
or its a quirk in relation to the Winamp install and the OS install (if its this, there's no hope)
and / or soemthing else -- including not having Winamp fully setup as the default pls file handler--.
(Under prefs/playback, PLS is highlighted as associated; and Win7 default for .pls files lists winamp)
Old 10th August 2014, 03:22   #34
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietertvl View Post
or not having mp3 as the default file type to assume if no extension is detected (check this where?)
General Preferences - Playlist tab, near the bottom.

Old 10th August 2014, 03:26   #35
pietertvl

Gracias ... yup .. set to mp3.

I give up. Appreciate all the guidance!!
Old 10th August 2014, 05:57   #36
Aminifu
Forum King

How about attaching an Info Tool report to a post. At this point, it can't hurt and may reveal something.

Old 10th August 2014, 06:03   #37
pietertvl

Sure. No problem.
Here she is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Winamp_Info_Report_08-09-2014.zip (7.5 KB, 374 views)
Old 10th August 2014, 07:59   #38
Aminifu
Forum King

You're not using the latest version of the Info Tool. I guess Koopa hasn't updated all the links. Use the one in his signature.

You don't have the recommended versions of in_mp3.dll and gen_jumpex.dll. But you did imply that you tried them before. Still, you should use version 4.103 of in_mp3.dll.

I don't install the Sonic burning engine, but I don't think that is the problem. You're also not using the default metadata reading option. But if it is set the same way on the other system, then it should not be the cause of the problem. Is shuffle mode enabled on both systems? (grasping at straws with that last question )

Try switching the output plug-in to Nullsoft DirectSound (out_ds.dll). Are you sure the other system is using WaveOut?

Off Topic:
I assume you want your speaker balance to be offset to the right.

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Online Services