Old 23rd October 2015, 10:29   #1
ariszlo

Rip of what?

Chances are that X11Amp by Petr Xakep is a rip but it might as well be original. What makes me think that it is probably a rip is that its author is a known ripper.

Does anyone have any ideas about the original?

ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 16:14   #2
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
Looks like early Garetjax.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 19:48   #3
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
It is a RIP....but, I am not really that caring about people ripping my skins. Especially, if the 3 skins he RIPPED are all public and specifically state they can be ripped, modded or changed.
---------------------------------

FYI: He re-coloured the original and combined 3 skins.

~

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 21:41   #4
ariszlo

I have looked through 70 of your skins but I am still clueless which three skins Petr Xakep ripped to compose X11Amp.
Old 26th October 2015, 23:14   #5
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
So, I have hundreds of skins...1001 has 71; many sites have across 18 years of creating them. I believe last count was 437 +/- winamp skins. Not to mention many collaborations.

So, which ones well honestly there are parts from of the skins where I used the same.overlay across 10 - 20 skins. Bittons come from somewhere else not mine....and the eq looks like greedmonkey mixed with some other buttons... Very few skins do the eq in reverse....

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 21:35   #6
ariszlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjax View Post
It is a RIP....but, I am not really that caring about people ripping my skins.
That is very generous of you.

Quote:
He re-coloured the original and combined 3 skins.
Well, it is true that the wsz file hosted at winampskins.info contains bitmaps from at least two skins but it was not Petr Xakep who combined the 1999/2000 bitmaps of his X11Amp and the 2005/2006 bitmaps of Stix's Deep Blue skin. Blame winampskins.info.

Winampskins.info messes up quite a lot of skins, including yours. They added bitmaps to your Free Fall skin from Yuna Roxo e Dourado; to your HmmXP from Lunarstorm Blue; and to your Ice Faust from Army Amp V2.

I am attaching the X11Amp skin by Petr Xatep cleaned from the bitmaps of Stix's Deep Blue skin. In addition to cleaning up the skin, I have also re-encoded its Readme.txt to UTF-8 renaming the original as Readme_cp1251.txt.
Attached Files
File Type: wsz X11Amp_by_XPC.wsz (164.2 KB, 121 views)
Old 28th October 2015, 23:12   #7
ariszlo

Quote:
...and the eq looks like greedmonkey mixed with some other buttons... Very few skins do the eq in reverse....
I cannot really see how X11Amp is similar to GreedMonkey but I have just found a skin which is strikingly similar to X11Amp. Here is a link to Digitanium5 and there is a screenshot below of Digitanium 3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Digitanium3.gif
Views:	139
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	52060  
Old 29th October 2015, 06:53   #8
ariszlo

A rip of Digitanium is reported here: [Component ID: 34823] (6th February 2002). It may or may not have been Petr Xakep's X11Amp, I cannot check. However, Digitanium itself had been removed even before the rip report: Digitanium3 and Ok, ok, I got proof. ¬_¬ (23rd December 2001).

In my previous post, I could not provide a link to Digitanium 3 because the link I wanted to share was partially starred out by the forum engine but now here is another link it allows me to share: Digitanium3.wsz (right-click to save).

Comparing the dates of the cbuttons.bmp's in Petr Xakep's X11Amp and Copycat's Digitanium 3 reveals that X11Amp cannot be a rip of Digitanium 3. It may be a rip of an earlier version of Digitanium, though, but not 3.

The only thing that made me think that X11Amp might be a rip is that its author is known to have ripped another skin. But it may as well be his only rip.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins