Old 10th June 2013, 22:08   #1
paranormalrob

Cover Art - Bug Report

For some reason, the software will not load the proper art for some songs. I tried everything and it's back to the old art. Is there a fix for this?

The problem seems to be with Greatest Hits albums.

Am not sure about the version, I assume it's the latest it grabbed from the Google Play Store. (Ice Cream sdch)

-Rob
paranormalrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 01:21   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hi

Are the music files arranged in e.g. "music\artist\album" subfolders?

What's the filenames of your art files?

The image needs to be either embedded in the actual music files, or exist in the same folder as the music files.

Winamp For Android 1.4.10 supports the following art filenames:

.%AlbumTitle%.jpg
%AlbumTitle%.jpg
cover.jpg
front.jpg
album.jpg
albumart.jpg
Cover Art (front).jpg
folder.jpg

(where %AlbumTitle% is the exact album name)

The following extensions are also supported:

.jpeg
.png
.gif

If the above structure already exists, then you could try clearing the cache for the Winamp app.

Go to: Android Settings > Apps > Downloaded > Winamp
and press "Clear cache".

(Note, it’s "Clear cache" not "Clear data")

If that doesn't work, then you could try clearing the Android media database...

Android Settings > Apps > All > Media Storage > Clear data

Restart the phone, then wait a few minutes for the media database to be rebuilt before opening the Winamp app.
(you should see an "Indexing Files" icon in the notification area)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 04:31   #3
paranormalrob

Just like the rest. It's Rod Stewart-Greatest Hits-Year-Title.mp3

-Rob
paranormalrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 23:13   #4
ambidextrous

Inconsistent Album Art - 1.4.15 on Galaxy Tab3 8

I have album art embedded in the ID3 tags of over 2700 files. On my desktop (Windows 7 64bit) Winamp [Pro, v5.65 (x86)] displays the images correctly. On my tablet, the majority of images do not display. I don't know if this is an Android issue or w Winamp problem. Can you help?

Thanks
ambidextrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 00:52   #5
JMullins

You should use MP3tag or a similar program to check that embedded artwork is correct. You should also make certain that there is only one artwork embedded.
JMullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 06:04   #6
ambidextrous

Been there, done that. All files have one (1) embedded image, according to MP3Tag. (And, as I wrote originally, Winamp for Windows displayed everything correctly before I copied the files to my tablet.)

I've also tried deleting the Winamp cache and deleting the data in the Android media database.
ambidextrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 12:08   #7
Inquisition

I noticed this behavior too, and it was driving me crazy! Tags were all checked using Mp3Tag, and everything looked fine. The one simple thing that I didn't check was the format. Album art will NOT display in WinAmp for .wma files. The rest of the tags are read fine. Now in the process of converting all the windows media files to another format.
Inquisition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 12:42   #8
DJ-Garybaldy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisition View Post
I noticed this behavior too, and it was driving me crazy! Tags were all checked using Mp3Tag, and everything looked fine. The one simple thing that I didn't check was the format. Album art will NOT display in WinAmp for .wma files. The rest of the tags are read fine. Now in the process of converting all the windows media files to another format.

You'd be better ripping the files from CD again converting them from WMA to another format is going to make the files sound awful...

Believe me I learned the hard way trying to get more songs onto a laptop and sound quality suffered big time. Don't have that issue now with 320kbps ripped mp3 files and lots of external storage.

Proud user of RadioDJ FREE shoutcast automation software

Online: Twitter - Facebook - Mixcloud
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 16:18   #9
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i def agree about not taking lossy and converting to another lossy format, if it can be avoided.

embedding the art might be "safest" to make this all work, but it also is redundant in that it wastes space, and it can have its own set of problems.

in general, i have one folder per cd, and one "Folder.jpg" in each album/cd folder. this mostly works pretty well, with winamp, winamp for android, and other apps / devices as well.

with android, it can be more "sensitive" to album art sizes, quality, tags, and so on, but usually you can troubleshoot on a case by case basis and figure out where its getting tripped up and compensate for it.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 14:44   #10
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post

embedding the art might be "safest" to make this all work, but it also is redundant in that it wastes space, and it can have its own set of problems.

It is only redundant if the same image is used for all the songs in an album. I use different images for each song. The album cover for the 1st track and various pictures of the artist or things related to the song's mood, theme, or lyrics for the other tracks. To me, it's boring to look at the same image for every song on an album, especially since storage space is no longer an issue.

The only problems I've experienced is when an image file is corrupt or becomes corrupted during the embedding process (using a quality embedding utility avoids the 2nd issue). Various image formats may be used, but I only use "jpg".

It should also be kept in mind that some music file formats allow multiple images to be embedded in a file, but Winamp's official input decoders only use the one tagged as the "cover".

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android