Old 7th June 2016, 12:39   #1
Gerdski

Introduction / Looking for "slow" presets

Hi,

I am Gerdski, Computer Guy and Musician (ambient/electronic/soundscapes), and I'd like to say that MilkDrop is by far the best visualisation software I know. Great presets!

I have a question:

When browsing the presets I find many of them with a very hard kind of beat detection/visualisation...the movement is often too fast for me.

Is there a possibility to "slow things down" in the presets of my choice?

Or (maybe better): are there presets for this that I don't know yet?
I am looking for soft, unobtrusive movement / development, still with beat detection, but calm, hypnotic and mesmerizing, but not so fast and techno-like.

Any preset suggestions?

Thanks a lot,
Gerdski
Gerdski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2016, 19:59   #2
Nitorami
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nitorami
Hi Gerdski

Quote:
Is there a possibility to "slow things down" in the presets of my choice?
No, not in general. It may be possible in individual cases, but I personally would not attempt this except maybe for presets I have made myself and I know the code.

When talking slow and oneiric presets, you might try the work of Amandio C. on this forum. Unfortunately he did not bother a lot about beat detection and most of his presets are just moving at a constant rate.

You may also find something in my own presets. Some of them are frantic, some deliberately slow, depending on the music I listened to when making them. I'll attach the entire collection here, including the old ones which are already included in the milkdrop distribution; just try the newer ones, I have learned a lot since. It's not many presets in total but very different in style and motive, and some of them took me months to write. Pixies party in particular can be adjusted to any particle / camera speed you like.

Martin
Attached Files
File Type: zip martin - presets Oct 2008 - May 2016.zip (680.5 KB, 143 views)
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 13:55   #3
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Just downloaded the .zip-folder and checked the content. Some of the presets seem to be new for me, and I can't wait to check them out, hopefully in the next days.

BTW, currently I myself try to do my uploads of my textures packs on Mediafire, but today I have to go off in a few minutes. I want to use Winamp & Milkdrop also in the future...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 16:36   #4
Gerdski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitorami View Post
When talking slow and oneiric presets, you might try the work of Amandio C. on this forum. Unfortunately he did not bother a lot about beat detection and most of his presets are just moving at a constant rate.

You may also find something in my own presets. Some of them are frantic, some deliberately slow, depending on the music I listened to when making them. I'll attach the entire collection here, including the old ones which are already included in the milkdrop distribution; just try the newer ones, I have learned a lot since. It's not many presets in total but very different in style and motive, and some of them took me months to write. Pixies party in particular can be adjusted to any particle / camera speed you like.
Martin
Thank you Nitorami! I will check both your and Amandio C.'s work (I have seen some of your presets already!)

Cheers,
Gerdski
Gerdski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 08:26   #5
Prenso

you might consider limiting the framerate. I noticed 15 frames per second seems to draw differently than 60+fps. I think both have there benefits but i too sometimes enjoy slow presets, especially with milkdrop 1.
Prenso is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop