Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 5th July 2016, 19:38   #1
Worez

Winamp toolbar shows up when watching videos in fullscreen

Recently I have been having this problem with Firefox

Ever since some update of Firofex [or Windows 7], something like 3 months ago, my always docked at the top Winamp toolbar is just docked too well: it stays there when I'm watching some video in full screen mode on Facebook or YouTube. And so I have to close Winamp to make it disappear. And after exiting the full screen mode, maximized Firefox is placed just like it was before closing of the Winamp; meaning that there is this empty [unused space] left after Winamp toolbar. I have to "Restore Down: it [use the middle icon between the three in the right upper corner] and then maximize it again [re-use the middle icon between the three]

Some quick more background info
- Firefox 47.0.1
- Winamp 5.666
- Windows 7 x64 [up to date]
- this wasn't happening before
- this still happens after another and yet another Firefox update
- Winamp behaves [when docked as a toolbar] as it should with all other software, new and old ones [Photoshop, Corel DRAW, sound editors, Excell, ACDSee; you name it]
- the bug doesn't exist [or at least hasn't yet manifested itself] when videos are being watch in fullscreen mode in BS.Player Pro 2.70 and in Media Player Classic 1.7.6

The worst part is that this doesn't happened all the time. I simply do not know what triggers this behavior. I went back to my old system [stored as an image file] from a half a year ago, updated the Firefox and tried to evoke that behavior; but couldn't. And I did this because 2-3 months ago my Windows wasn't updated since 2014 09, and so 2 months ago I updated it massively, altogether with Firefox which was only few releases old. So I did this because if that not-updated-Windows with addition of updated-Firefox would show off this bug, then I would know, it is the fault of Firefox and of the Windows' updates

Of course I've tried uninstalling Winamp and installing it again. But in order to use it as I use it, I had to replace fresh files in my
C:\Users\***USER***\AppData\Roaming\Winamp
with the old ones. But those old ones [all of those my good old settings], weren't tempered recently with docking options. Analogically I could uninstall Firefox and try a fresh copy of it, but then I would be "importing" all of my settings by coping to the
C:\Users\***USER***\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\***
all of my old files, because that's how I roll with it [not using some partial export / import functions]

So as long as I do not know whats is triggering this unwanted behavior, after installation of clean Firefox I could be spending something like a month on some lame default settings and not even once experience the bug [assuming that this bug comes out from Firefox settings] while in a matter of fact still having that bug

Does anyone else suffer from this too-much-docked Winamp?
Worez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 20:34   #2
Worez

This bug is just so annoying!
Old 31st October 2016, 12:31   #3
Worez

Well, is seems that after all this is not a bug; but a case of confusion within settings

There are two options

Options > Always On Top

and

Windows Settings > Docked Toolbar > Always On Top

Having seen the first one simply didn't make me to look for some hypothetical other option concerning this setting

At some point I must have accidentally turned on the second one; and later, seeing the first one, I was thinking that this was a bug, because I had turned off the Always On Top [in this first one]
Old 31st October 2016, 19:11   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Winamp has a lot of settings (plus those related to 3rd party plug-ins). Doing what you did is more common than people want to admit. After doing the same kind of thing a few times, I now keep a log of all the defaults and the changes that I make so that I can backtrack when unexpected things happen. Even with the log, it sometimes takes awhile to find the change(s) that caused an unexpected reaction.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2016, 22:36   #5
Worez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Winamp has a lot of settings (plus those related to 3rd party plug-ins). Doing what you did is more common than people want to admit. After doing the same kind of thing a few times, I now keep a log of all the defaults and the changes that I make so that I can backtrack when unexpected things happen. Even with the log, it sometimes takes awhile to find the change(s) that caused an unexpected reaction.
Well, I write down and keep all changes concerning Windows / registry, but not what is stored in settings or obvious / small. And yet I have them so many

I probably thought that without "Always On Top" turned on in the docked sub-menu, the docked mode would be obscured whenever I had a maximized window of any software. [And the seeing "Always On Top" turned off in overall Options was sure, it was turned off]

Or I thought of "Always On Top" in the sub-menu for docked mode in the sense "Always on [in] the upper part of screen", not noticing at the same time the already picked "Top" option there
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Tags
docked, docked toolbar, firefox, fullscreen, toolbar