Old 6th September 2004, 01:22   #1
Daysleeper15

Send a message via AIM to Daysleeper15 Send a message via Yahoo to Daysleeper15
What are your Favorite Movie/TV quotes

just wanted to know what were some of your favorite quotes of all time

my List
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." -Snatch

"INCONCEIVABLE" -The Princess Bride

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f***ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." -Fight Club

"The Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it will fail, to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the Company is true" -LOTR:FOTR

Let me hear from you

Thanks, Day

Last edited by Daysleeper15; 6th September 2004 at 02:02.
Daysleeper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2004, 01:30   #2
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

Send a message via AIM to Myxomatosis
<-- See CT.

Alex Jones: Do you want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? What a bunch of garbage; liberal democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it, do you got me?
Myxomatosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2004, 01:37   #3
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-peice suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life.
--Trainspotting

The real world...the real fucking world...nothing happens in the world, are you out of your fucking mind? People are murdered everyday, there's genocide, war, corruption, every fucking day somewhere in the world, somebody sacrifices his life to save somebody else. Every fucking day someone, someywhere takes a conscience decision to destroy someone else. People find love, people lose it. For christ's sake a child watches a mother beaten to death on the steps of a church. Someone goes hungry, somebody else betrays his best frind for a women. If you can't find that stuff in life then you my friend don't know crap about life.
--Adaptation

Fantasies must be unrealistic. The minute you get something, you don't, you can't, want it anymore. To continue to exist, desire needs objects to be perpetually absent. So desire supports itself with crazy fantasies.(Lacan)
--Life of David Gale

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine padre, et fili et spiritu sancti.
--Boondock Saints

Dont fuck with the jesus.
--The Big Labowski
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2004, 01:40   #4
squakMix
wwwyzzerdd
(Forum King)

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

--fight club

My God. I haven't been fucked like that since grade school.

--fight club
squakMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2004, 02:01   #5
Daysleeper15

ahhh another Fight Club fan...ROCK ON !!

Day
Old 6th September 2004, 10:55   #6
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Myxomatosis, where's that quote from? The Big Lebowski?

Three of my favourite Family Guy quotes:

"You picked out yet another colourful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn and HU! - big shock - a Jack pops out and you laugh, and the kids laugh, and the dog laughs and I die a little inside..." (Stewie)

"You know, my hooligan friend, I've been wrecking my brain in a thus far fruitless attempt to resolve our recent unpleasentness. But then it turned on me: You cruelty just stands for some deep-seeded inner pain. So the obvious remedy is a healthy dose of OUTER PAIN!" (Stewie as well)

Doctor: "Interested?" Peter: "Well, I don't know." Doctor: "Interested?" Peter: "Didn't you just say that?" Doctor: "Yes." Peter: "I'll do it!"

"You can't fight in here! This is the war room!" (Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb)

- What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
- Now. You're looking at now, Sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
- What happened to then?
- We passed then.
- When?
- Just now. We're at now now.
- Go back to then.
- When?
- Now.
- Now?
- Now.
- I can't.
- Why?
- We missed it.
- When?
- Just now.
- When will then be now?
- Soon!
(Spaceballs)

[size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
CaptainNuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2004, 15:05   #7
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

Yeeeah! Big Lebowski!

"...toys that wanna get out!" Twelve Monkeys

Who could forget the peanut butter and crack sandwich from Chapelle's show?

Alex Jones: Do you want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? What a bunch of garbage; liberal democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it, do you got me?
Old 6th September 2004, 16:52   #8
Wolfgang
Forum King

"Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by a 'orrible cunt. Me." (Snatch)

"You're shrinking and so are your balls. You lack vision. Dicks aren't really clever. They smell some pussy and want a piece of the action. You thought you smelled some good old pussy and brought your two little faggot balls along for a good ole time. But you're mistaken. There's no pussy here, just a dose that will make you wish you were born a woman. And the fact that your guns say replica and mine says Desert Eagle .50 should precipitate your balls into shrinking along with your presence. Now FUCK OFF!!" (Vinnie Jones in Snatch)
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2004, 01:08   #9
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
[Peter, Michael, and Samir around copier]
Peter Gibbons : Our high school guidance counselor used to ask us what you'd do if you had a million dollars and you didn't have to work. And invariably what you'd say was supposed to be your career. So, if you wanted to fix old cars you're supposed to be an auto mechanic.
Samir : So what did you say?
Peter Gibbons : I never had an answer. I guess that's why I'm working at Initech.
Michael Bolton : No, you're working at Initech because that question is bullshit to begin with. If everyone listened to her, there'd be no janitors, because no one would clean shit up if they had a million dollars.
Samir : You know what I would do if I had a million dollars? I would invest half of it in glorious mutual funds and take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities and
Michael Bolton : Samir, you're missing the point. The point is you're supposed to work out what you
[printer starts beeping]
Michael Bolton : "PC Load Letter"? What the fuck does that mean?

[Stuck in traffic]
Samir : Mother... shitter... Son of an... ass. I just...
[punches steering wheel]

Milton Waddams : [talking on the phone] And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

[Drunk, singing]
Samir : Back up in your ass with the resurrection.

Milton Waddams : The ratio of people to cake is too big.

"Office Space" rocks...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2004, 14:14   #10
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

I like more a gothic way, some my favorites movie quotes come from the movie Crow. My favorite is:
Quote:
Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children
- Eric Draven (Brandon Lee)

* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with MATE.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with MATE.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2004, 01:26   #11
mikm
Major Dude

You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..

Apocalaypse Now.

powered by C₂H₅OH
mikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2004, 20:44   #12
JRSellers
Major Dude

There are so many, how do I choose, so here are just a few:

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all, shut the hell up." -- Peter Griffin (Seth MacFarlene), Family Guy

"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a fat white guy who is threatened by change." -- Peter Griffin (Seth MacFarlene), Family Guy

"Holy crip, he's a crapple!" -- Peter Griffin (Seth MacFarlene), Family Guy

"I made a promise, Mr Frodo. A promise. Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to. I don't mean to." -- Samwise Gamgee (Sean Astin), Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Nobody tosses a Dwarf!" -- Gimli (John Rhys-Davies), Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Quick, change the channel!" - Zangief (Andrew Bryniarski), Street Fighter

"I have got to get me one o' dese!" -- Capt. Steven 'Steve' Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
JRSellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2004, 00:57   #13
Xeaq

Send a message via AIM to Xeaq
"Would you like to take a gander in my flocks?" - wench

"Well okay lady." - peter

"Hey what are you doing with my girlfriend?" - black knight

"Oh geez, she's just asking me if I want to put a bird in her pants..." - peter

"Can I put a gun rack on my bike?" - bobby

"Do you know how long I've been waitin' for you to ask me that?" - -hank

"It's true, I had sex with one man before our marraige." - peggy

"AAAHhhh!" - hank

"If it makes you feel any better, he's gay now." - peggy

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh!!!" - hank

"No, of course that doesn't make you feel better."

"Now I usually don't toot my own horn --" - fry

"You've heard that before! WOOH!" - bender

Bender = awesome
Xeaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2004, 09:29   #14
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Ah, Family Guy quotes...

Brian: And remember the day you had an Irish Coffee the day we went to see "Philadlphia"...

(Cut to the Griffins seeing the film in the cinema)

Peter: I got it! That's the guy from "Big"! Tom Hanks, that's it. Funny guy. Everything he says is a stitch!

Hanks: I have AIDS.

Peter: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Peter: You know, I feel kind of bad, you guys. I promised my wife I wouldn't drink.

Quakmire: Hey, don't feel bad, Peter.

Peter: Geez, I never thought of it like that!

[size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
CaptainNuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2004, 15:11   #15
Wolfgang
Forum King

Family guy is amazing.
Macfarlane for president!
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2004, 15:31   #16
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

LofG
"Hello Dave"

Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2004, 03:10   #17
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

"Are you going to, y'know, catch these guys? Do you have any leads?"
"Leads? Sure. I'll just go check with the boys down at the crime lab. They've got four more detectives on the case! They've got us working in shifts!"

"What the fuck is this?"
"Obviously, you're not a golfer."

"Am I Wrong?"

The Big Lebowski kicks ass.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2004, 03:11   #18
squakMix
wwwyzzerdd
(Forum King)

hell yea it does.
Old 15th September 2004, 03:36   #19
squakMix
wwwyzzerdd
(Forum King)

"There is no such thing as right and wrong, there's just popular opinion."
-the twelve monkeys

"Uh-huh. Eighteenth century, no such thing, nada, nothing. No one ever imagined such a thing. No sane person. Along comes this doctor, uh, Semmelweis, Semmelweis. Semmelweis comes along. He's trying to convince people, other doctors mainly, that's there's these teeny tiny invisible bad things called germs that get into your body and make you sick. He's trying to get doctors to wash their hands. What is this guy? Crazy? Teeny, tiny, invisible? What do they call it? Uh-uh, germs? Huh? What? Now, up to the 20th century, last week, as a matter of fact, before I got dragged into this hellhole. I go in to order a burger at this fast food joint, and the guy drops it on the floor. James, he picks it up, he wipes it off, he hands it to me like it's all OK. 'What about the germs?' I say. He says, 'I don't believe in germs. Germs is a plot made up so they could sell disinfectants and soaps.' Now he's crazy, right?"
-the twelve monkeys

"Dr. Leland Goines : My God, Jeffrey. You truly are insane.
Jeffrey Goines : No I'm not."
-the twleve monkeys

"Yeah. Don't go to England."
-snatch
Old 15th September 2004, 03:40   #20
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

"The produce alone is worth the trip" K-PAX

Wife:Suprised to see you!
John Goodman: Suprised like when you wake up at the dentist and the doctor is buckling his pants?
-Father of the Pride

Last edited by Myxomatosis; 15th September 2004 at 04:02.
Old 15th September 2004, 21:02   #21
Daysleeper15

Fez : What's disco?

Steven Hyde : It's from Hell. And, not the cool part of hell where all the murderers are either, but the lame-ass part where accountants are from.
-That 70s show

Fez : Opportunity does not knock, then knock again, then leave a note saying "sorry I missed you".
-That 70s show

Red Forman : What have I said about comparing your sister to the Devil?
Eric : That it's offensive to the Devil?
-That 70s show

Rick James : Now, Darkness, the tables are turned.
Rick James : Do with him whatever you like.
Charlie Murphy : Motherfuckers take one more step, I'm kicking this nigga out the motherfucking window.
Rick James : Cubbie, freeze!
Charlie Murphy : You know you was wrong for what you did to me earlier. Look what you did to my face!
Rick James : I'm sorry, Charlie Murphy, it was an accident. I was having too much fun. I offer you a truce. The stickiest of the icky. You want to smoke with the old boy Rick James?
Charlie Murphy : Yo, man, my forehead is bumpin', man.
Rick James : Now that you mention it, I think I'm bleeding inside my chest. But I got the medicine.
Rick James : Bitch... Come over here and have sex with Charlie Murphy.
Rick James : I'm Rick James, bitch.

-Chappelle Show
Old 16th September 2004, 18:52   #22
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

"Can I get... any of you cunts... a drink?" - Ed,
Shaun of the Dead
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2004, 21:42   #23
JRSellers
Major Dude

"It's a fartin' bear!" -- Larry, The Cable Guy; Blue Collar TV
JRSellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2004, 00:28   #24
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

"Seems you've been missing a lot of work lately, Peter."
"I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob."

"PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?"

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today and I realised ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worse day of my life."
"So what about today? Is today the worse day of your life?"
"Yeah."
"Wow, that's messed up."

"Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays."

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2004, 08:51   #25
nybergh
Dialup Junkie
(Major Dude)

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

"I fart in your general direction!"

(chanting) "Pies iesu domine, dona eis requiem." (whack)

(Monthy Python and the Holy Grail)
nybergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 13:56   #26
AVlution

There's so many good quotes in Tarantino films. My favourite has to be the moment in Pulp fiction where he himself talks about coffee and how 'good it is'.
AVlution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 12:34   #27
robert32

My favorite one is
I am king of the world
robert32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2011, 08:38   #28
Timberlake

I am the king of the world nice ...
Timberlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 12:32   #29
openlens

Melancholia (2011)

Justine: Life is only on earth. And not for long.
Claire: I don't think you know that at all.
openlens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 20:32   #30
LeionKeY

Send a message via Skype™ to LeionKeY
Its not exactly a movie or TV quote, its from a videogame (a huge one)
"We're all born with an expiration date. No one lasts forever. Life is nothing but a grace period - for turning our genetic material into the next generation. The data of life is transferred from parent to child. That's how it works. But we have no heirs, no legacy. Cloned from our father, with the ability to reproduce conveniently engineered out. What is our legacy if we cannot pass the torch? Proof of our existence - a mark of some sort. When the torch is passed on from parent to child... it extends beyond DNA; information is imparted as well. All I want is to be remembered. By other people, by history."
Metal Gear Solid 2
LeionKeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 07:20   #31
LiteraryBoner

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
LiteraryBoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 06:52   #32
BoomerBlammo

Cheating a little since the source material is the novels, but... "Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
BoomerBlammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 08:05   #33
YodaMaster

BLADE RUNNER
www.imdb.com/title/tt0083658/

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.
YodaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 13:55   #34
Toka97

"Paul Edgecomb: What do you want me to do John? You want me to let you run out of here, see how far you can get?
John Coffey: Why would you do such a foolish thing?
Paul Edgecomb: On the day of my judgment, when I stand before God, and He asks me why did I kill one of his true miracles, what am I gonna say? That it was my job? My job?"

The Green Mile
Toka97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 19:14   #35
WhoseLineFan

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Jan, this isn't about you.

Porkchops, and applesauce.

Mother always said not to play ball in the house.

The Brady Bunch
WhoseLineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 08:50   #36
liza

Mine would have to be " My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." this was from the Gladiator, 2000. It was a sad line, but at the sam time one that was feeled with hope that was bitterful.
liza is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > Movies and Television