Old 7th March 2017, 22:38   #1
storytrader

PC Shut Down after playlist completes...

Hi all,
I have WinAmp v5.04 (x86) 2004 and I'm very happy with it.
Does anyone know of a plug-in for my version that will turn off my pc after a playlist completes? I do not want to upgrade. I have been searching for a couple days and can't find any info. so thanks in advance!!
storytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 19:53   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi storytrader,

If you installed the "Jump To File" plug-in in the Winamp installation file, then you should be able to enable the "Queue Manager" window in the Winamp Preferences window for the "Jump To File" options.

Then you will be able to select your playlist's files in the Playlist Editor and use the right-click "Send to:" context menu command to add them to the Queue Manager. Open the Queue Manager window and play them from there. Right-click on any file in the Queue Manager window and select the "Shutdown" command from the list of options on what to do for the "On end of queue" context menu command.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 23:04   #3
storytrader

Thnx Aminifu,
That works but a plugin would make it easier and more direct.
Something like: right-click 'shut down after selected'
Old 9th March 2017, 15:23   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Yeah, it's not a 1 step solution, but it's better than nothing until a 1 step solution is provided.

You should also consider increasing the default delay that the OS waits, after sending a shutdown command to all running apps, before it shuts down the computer. Sometimes the default delay is not long enough for all running apps to complete their shutdown chores. This could cause corruption of some of their user's data files or a failure to save their complete active status. An app like Winamp needs this status info so that it can reload the Playlist Editor's playlist and a few other things to the state they were in at shutdown.

Some apps update their user data files when a change occurs, some do it periodically while the app is running, and some wait to update when the app is shutdown. The current version of Winamp updates most of it's user data files when a change occurs, the remaining are only updated when Winamp shuts down. Older versions of Winamp waited until they were shutdown before updating most of their user data files.

Search Google for which OS registry entries need to be modified for the version of Windows you are using. If you are using a 64-bit version, there are separate entries for 64-bit apps and 32-bit apps (like Winamp). A 0.5 to 2 second increase should be enough, depending on the number and type of running apps you're relying on the OS to shutdown and if you're using a solid state storage drive or not.

Old 19th April 2017, 03:32   #5
storytrader

The ''on end of queue close winamp and...'' is grayed out.
Is my version too old to use this function?
Old 19th April 2017, 07:23   #6
broski

I can't find the function.
broski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2017, 14:38   #7
Aminifu
Forum King

@storytrader & broski,

What version of Winamp do you have installed? Did you install the "Jump To File Extra" general purpose plug-in (gen_jumpex.dll)?

Old 19th April 2017, 14:51   #8
storytrader

Yes, I go jump to file>manage que>right click song in queue>on end of queue>close Winamp and... but the close Winamp and is grayed out.
Thanks for the help!
Old 19th April 2017, 15:17   #9
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by storytrader View Post
Yes, I go jump to file>manage que>right click song in queue>on end of queue>close Winamp and... but the close Winamp and is grayed out.
Thanks for the help!
Sorry, I didn't reread the whole thread. I don't remember what was and wasn't working in your versions of Winamp and that plug-in. The current versions have a "Close Winamp" option for end of queue, it doesn't have a "close winamp and..." option. So I guess you need to upgrade.

You can use the Winamp Backup Tool (http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/backuptool/) to make a full backup of your current installation before upgrading. Then you can return to it, if you are not happy with the upgrade.

You can download the patched installer for the current version from here (http://meggamusic.co.uk/winamp/Winamp_Download.htm).

Old 19th April 2017, 19:59   #10
storytrader

I was hoping it could launch a program after playlist completion.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support