Old 23rd June 2013, 23:35   #1
Roy Whitethread

DFX Plug In

I have the latest version of DFX but cannot find any reference to it in Winamp preferences, and would appreciate guidance on this.

Thanks and regards,
Roy
Roy Whitethread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 23:39   #2
DrO

if it is installed, it'd appear under preferences -> plug-ins -> dsp/effect

if it is not installed or showing as 'not loaded' when using Winamp 5.64, you'd need to either re-run their installer and make sure it is checked in their install (i vaguely remember it provided a number of options during install).

if that still doesn't resolve it, then you would be best contacting DFX directly as there's not much else which can be done from our side with 3rd party plug-ins (as DFX is).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 10:29   #3
Roy Whitethread

DrO,

DFX is installed but it doesn't appear under preferences>plug-ins>dsp/effect.

DFX advised me as follows:

"With DFX 11 individual plug-ins for the various players are no longer used, it now processes all PC output.

Please refer to below to get it working with Winamp:

For DFX processing to work with a particular player that player must be set to play to the DFX output device, which will always be set as the Default output device.

Please go into the Options menu in your player and set it to play to the DFX device."

I can't find an option in Winamp to set it to play to the DFX device.

Having said all that, if I open Winamp and play an audio file and then open DFX I do notice an improvement in the audio quality.

In light of the above do you have any further comments?
Old 26th June 2013, 10:58   #4
DrO

I never liked DFX at the best of times but this has just reinforced that opinion. if they've changed it to apply to the output then you most likely need to go to the output preferences page and on the current output plug-in (usually the DierctSound one) then that has a drop down showing output devices to select and maybe that show a DFX device. if not then I don't know what else they mean and isn't much else I can suggest.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 11:37   #5
Roy Whitethread

DrO, I went to the DirectSound drop down list (I didn't know there was one) and selected the DFX device and then found I got no sound from Winamp until I started DFX. I didn't like that so I went back to the drop down list and selected my Realtek Speakers (High Definition Audio Device) and that worked well with Winamp.

I now share your opinion of DFX and will not be renewing my licence.

Sincere thanks for your help.

Regards,
Roy
Old 30th April 2017, 19:58   #6
noevilleda

I hope someone on this forum can help.

I am running Windows 10 with Winamp 5666 and Dfx 12.
I have set the playback option in Winamp to Dfx speakers, but I still can't seem to activate the pluggin.
I have reinstalled DFX, and I didn't see a checkbox to allow dfx for Winamp.
I have also reinstalled Winamp.

I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Noe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
I never liked DFX at the best of times but this has just reinforced that opinion. if they've changed it to apply to the output then you most likely need to go to the output preferences page and on the current output plug-in (usually the DierctSound one) then that has a drop down showing output devices to select and maybe that show a DFX device. if not then I don't know what else they mean and isn't much else I can suggest.
noevilleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support