Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center

Old 9th August 2004, 09:39   #1
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

The Official "What's your game of the moment thread" ?

Can't remember if this has been done before but anyway, let's make it official.

So what games are you playing ? Specify the game, platform it runs on and genre (or what it's about).

Me : Onimusha 2, PS2, Action game.

I've finally dropped MOH (too sick of the controls, they were driving me nuts) so I started Onimusha 2. Good so far but very similar to the first and suffering from the "Boss from Capcom Games" syndrom (ie boss comes back three or four times in the game). Apart from that, slashing demons is cool

Your turn
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 09:46   #2
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Rebel Strike - Rogue Squadron III on the Cube, console games a bit quiet at the minute, so revisiting one of my old faves.

Fire Emblem on the GBA, challenging turn based strategy game, level 27, driving me farking nuts...
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 11:30   #3
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Vice City, and Armada II.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award
Vie's Scratching Post
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 15:01   #4
DuaneJeffers
Major Dude

I know lots of people would do this, but the game that I am playing the most right now is ...

Doom 3, PC, First Person Shooter

I know, I know, but the game is addictive, and I enjoy it. I know that HL2 (when released) will rock, but it is good to have one of the most anticipated games of the year (possibly of All time, for me) in one's hands and playable. I understand that it feels repetitive, but it is very innovative and is an actual game, deviating from the id "Game as a Tech Demo" game. The in-game cinematics look awesome and I can see that lots of people will be using that engine for movies like Red vs. Blue and the like.

OR, I am playing:

Painkiller, PC, First Person Shooter

This game is alot of fun and is just beautiful too. The High polys of the monsters, bosses and levels don't lag my system and I am able to play the game with no problem (unlike FarCrap, which had a massive problem running on this machine).

Ok, I'm done.

-Duane

Website

Yeah, that's pretty much it. :-\
DuaneJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 15:40   #5
inthegray
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to inthegray
Thief 3 (xbox), Super Smash Brothers Melee
inthegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 17:42   #6
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

Send a message via AIM to Myxomatosis
Counter-Strike,PC,FPS I guess, I can't wait for HL2 and the beta test for CS:Source to come out.

Alex Jones: Do you want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? What a bunch of garbage; liberal democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it, do you got me?
Myxomatosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 18:28   #7
Niffle

Flashback and Prince of Persia (original). Yep, i'm currently going through a retro phase
Niffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 20:01   #8
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

I'm not playing that often right now, but when I play it'll currently be Duke Nukem - Manhattan Project (PC), an action-third-person-shoot-em-up-jump-and-run type of game.

[size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
CaptainNuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 20:16   #9
toejam07

NBA Street, Volume 2, Gamecube, arcade-type basketball. Got this last month as a birthday present (probably because it was a cheap game). There is just something strangely addictive about it. Brings back fond memories of the original NBA Jam, although it is a bit different.
Old 9th August 2004, 22:52   #10
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Rise of Nations, PC.

I have successfully defended the world against the Communist Threat and led Alexander to victory.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2004, 01:37   #11
hungryskull
Major Dude

Lets see...
Warcraft 3,PC,RTS(i guess): I've been playing it constantly lately.

Darn, I can't think of anything to put here.
hungryskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2004, 03:02   #12
sgtfuzzbubble011

Like CaptNuss, I'm not playing a lot at the moment. Too busy with work and the like to get much game time in right now. But when I am playing, it's:

Metroid Prime - GameCube - First Person Action Adventure

Of course, I'll find myself playing SSBM or NFS-HP2 sometimes, but Metroid Prime is still my favorite game to date. I'm seriously anticipating Echoes, too. And on the trusty GBAsp, I'm wearing out Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission again.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2004, 03:10   #13
inthegray
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to inthegray
interesting thing about metroid prime. my girlfriend got me a gamecube and a wavebird controller for my birthday a while back, at electronics boutique. it came with metroid prime and a Link t-shirt for free. i mulled over it, and with her consent, i decided to trade it in for a new xbox. so i headed to electronics boutique and exchanged the gamecube and wavebird for an xbox (sorry, sarge). apparently though, i get to keep the metroid prime game and the zelda t-shirt. awesome.
inthegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2004, 04:22   #14
Namelessv1
Forum King

Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins

I have successfully defended the world against the Communist Threat and...
I got into a thermonuclear war trying to do that.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2004, 04:42   #15
DuaneJeffers
Major Dude

Quote:
Posted by Namelessv1
I got into a thermonuclear war trying to do that.
<digitized voice>Do you want to play a game?</digitized voice>

Website

Yeah, that's pretty much it. :-\
DuaneJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2004, 05:18   #16
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
apparently though, i get to keep the metroid prime game and the zelda t-shirt. awesome.
Lot of good the game is going to do you without a system to play it on. Everyone should have at least one GameCube anyways. And the Link shirt sounds nice, too.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2004, 08:38   #17
Lapikas
Major Dude

Deus ex and Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight..

The requested SIG could not be retrieved
Lapikas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2004, 08:44   #18
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by inthegray
interesting thing about metroid prime. my girlfriend got me a gamecube and a wavebird controller for my birthday a while back, at electronics boutique. it came with metroid prime and a Link t-shirt for free. i mulled over it, and with her consent, i decided to trade it in for a new xbox. so i headed to electronics boutique and exchanged the gamecube and wavebird for an xbox (sorry, sarge). apparently though, i get to keep the metroid prime game and the zelda t-shirt. awesome.
That's the exact opposite of me, Mrs Jones apparently bought me an XBox for last Xmas after I remarked "oooh, xboxes have sure come down in price lately", sadly it was the remark I made a week later that made her take it back..."Man I wouldn't have one of those xbox things given, I'd much rather have a cube" , sadly it was too late for her to buy one in time for xmas, so I got a "IOUACUBE" note from her and picked one up in the January sales.

Anyhow, I reflashed my GBA cart last night, I'm now planning on spending some time cracking Golden Sun II, a RPG if you didn't know...
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2004, 08:57   #19
mysterious_w
Forum King

Athens 2004.

mysterious_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2004, 22:50   #20
bored154
Major Dude

Location: near mid of CA Posts: not much........ B-Day: August 1st
Send a message via Yahoo to bored154
Half-Life GotY Edition
and Half-Life Opposing force. playing on PC.

Supporting"RE-MOD Bilbo"
.::My SETI::..::My Forums::..::My New Site::..::Winamp IRC::..::My DeviantArt Page::.
bored154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2004, 23:43   #21
OutlawJim
Confused
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to OutlawJim Send a message via AIM to OutlawJim Send a message via Yahoo to OutlawJim
i've been playing FF7 a lot, and also soul blazer on the snes. pretty fun wee action-rpg thinger

Nobby:I have ADD.... Germ:No shit, Nobby? Nobody would have ever guessed.
OutlawJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2004, 02:26   #22
grayclay

Send a message via AIM to grayclay
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
internet, pc, first person clicker
grayclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2004, 13:24   #23
Vie
Forum King

LOL!

Yes, yes, Internet is a FPC.

Currently:
Vice City Moded. = 3rd person shooter, driver, flyer... ..whats the term for boats? whatever.

Armada II "Ghosts Complilation Mod" = Real Time Stratergy, spaceships, Planets, Collonies, Trade and Desicated Ferengi Disks.

Hum... ..same as before.

Vie's Scratching Post
Old 17th August 2004, 11:45   #24
Lapikas
Major Dude

Half-life..
I have to get some new games. These old ones are starting to taste like cardboard or something....

The requested SIG could not be retrieved
Lapikas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2004, 10:43   #25
nybergh
Dialup Junkie
(Major Dude)

DoomIII

Before that
Halo (PC)

Before that
GTA Vice City PC
nybergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2004, 18:58   #26
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

A few months ago, I started my quest to try and get as close to 100% in GTA 3 and GTA Vice City as possible. I just continued, I'm playing Vice City quite a bit now.

[size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
Old 18th August 2004, 20:27   #27
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

Send a message via AIM to Myxomatosis
Any one else awaiting CS: Source without avail?

Alex Jones: Do you want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? What a bunch of garbage; liberal democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it, do you got me?
Myxomatosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2004, 20:46   #28
Xeaq

Send a message via AIM to Xeaq
I also play CS, and yes, I'm waiting for Source with no sign of it coming out. The news did say August 18.
Xeaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2004, 22:06   #29
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Yeah I too am not playing as much as I'd like but I am playing KOTOR and SC2 for XBOX. I finally got Bastilla to give into her temptations and do me. Anyone in Seattle want to get in on some XBOX fun we got SC2, ESPN NFL 2K5, and Halo running in our multiplayer circles right now.

I'm not playing CS since 1.5 died and my brothers computer is not up to the switch over plus my auto buy script which I spent a day making and another day tweaking would no longer work. I don't want to spend 3 days making CS work so I'm not playing it right now.

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2004, 22:22   #30
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

A friend of mine and I had a little LAN a few weeks ago. (shortly after I joined the Winamp DB) We played quite a bit of Half-Life online, which was great fun. Hadn't played that with other people for a long time. We played a bit of Sven-Coop as well, which, again, was great fun. We then tried to install CS, and that's when I had my first encounter with Valve's Steam. I don't think I'm a dumb person, but I just plain didn't understand that program. I downloaded the distribution of Steam that had the most recent version of CS shipping with it, as cache files, and I couldn't find out how to install it. We eventually gave up.

I know quite a lot of programs that have crappy usability, but Steam is just... I can't even find any words for it, it's just that bad.

Old 19th August 2004, 01:12   #31
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Yeah steam is a peice of shit. It takes forever to get it working right. I would just buy the new Counterstrike Condition Zero for PC. Easier installation, fresh installation, and single player bots.

I'm Back?
Old 21st August 2004, 01:41   #32
godoncrack
Forum King

http://www.playtechtonics.com/
godoncrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2004, 05:26   #33
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
PS2: Rygar: Legendary "Adventure"

Based on a popular NES game from the 80's. the game play is very similar to Devil May Cry (but with a yo yo o death instead). This game has both an excellent sound track and level design, both of which one would expect from tecmo's team ninja (designed the beautiful DOA3 & Ninja Gidan for xbox). Game was $12 at gamestop, not a bad purchase at all.

PC: Zbattle w ZSNES (retro online gaming)
-Super Street Fighter 2
-Contra III

kicking some classic snes butt with people from around the world.

Quote:
Originally posted by Twilightseer

I've finally dropped MOH (too sick of the controls, they were driving me nuts)
When at gamespot I also purchased frontline for $10. Being a fan of the PC version I figured I would give it a try, but the PC version is MUCH better. The graphics, computer AI, and control’s are all substantially better on the PC side(even on my 5 year old PC), further MOHAA has online play which is very addicting.

Last edited by EfaustuS9; 21st August 2004 at 05:44.
EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2004, 17:29   #34
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Yay! 97% percent of GTA 3 and GTA Vice City completed. I still have to do the offroad challenges in GTA 3 and the Vigilante, Firetruck and Ambulance missions in Vice City. They're pretty hard, though, so perhaps I'll just change the car handling to make that stuff easy. I want to have fun playing my games and not get too frustrated. (I got extremely frustrated when I tried to beat Skull Monkeys on PlayStation; I eventually beat it, but getting there was horror)

Old 21st August 2004, 18:15   #35
Vie
Forum King

RTCW - Though having compleated it twice, it is a tad dull now.

SFCIII - Moded, badly. Uhg, I miss the shear EASE of moding SFCII, so much better.

And GTA VC still.

Vie's Scratching Post
Old 21st August 2004, 22:06   #36
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

sof.

"Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?"
Coman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2004, 08:00   #37
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
Beat Rygar

Now playing on PS2:

SSX 3, Snowboarding
Maximo, Action (based on gouls n ghosts series)

EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2004, 11:09   #38
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

I stopped playing Vice City. Now I'm trying to beat Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project. It seems that I've found a bug that will prevent me from completing the last but one level though.

Old 25th August 2004, 07:28   #39
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

I just beat Kotor as a good guy, first person in my circles to do so. I'm going back to some SCII and maybe somethin knew if something good is out. I still gotta finish up PGR2 and get RSC2

aberviations used
Knights of the old republic
Soul Calibur II
Project Gotham Racing II
Ralli Sport Challenge II

I'm Back?
Old 25th August 2004, 13:18   #40
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Now that I can't play Manhattan Project anymore, I installed Deus Ex and started playing that again. I had started once already and had played for about 8 hours, but then I lost my savegames.

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center