Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Old 5th November 2010, 11:25   #81
Szwag1er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorsher View Post
FLAC playback would be awesome...
Absolutely seconded. Using andLess for this at the moment, but Winamp would be way better.
Szwag1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 02:40   #82
TheFeshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith432 View Post
I have an Android Nexus One and I am able to sync my playlist songs. But the playlists themselves are not being synchronized.
I have this same problem on my Droid X. I was eventually able to get the playlists files themselves to sync by repeating the sync -- telling the playlist to sync again after it had moved over all the audio files themselves. Sometimes I had to do this more than once, or unplug the device and plug it in before repeating the sync, in order to get this to work. I chalk that up to this being a beta, but I certainly hope it improves!
TheFeshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 17:19   #83
deftdrummer

Send a message via AIM to deftdrummer
+1 for being able to designate your own directory, although I laud Winamp in its ability to quickly scan the entire phone's directory without so much as a hiccup. At least that's been my experience.

I too have also experienced the bug in winamp where music starts playing after a phone call. This doesn't happen all the time, mostly when I end the call and if I had been using Winamp previously. I imagine its still running in the background at that point.

Thanks for the tip from the above poster about disabling headphone controls for a quick fix. I will try it out.

Winamp for Android v0.9.1
Motorola Droid X Froyo 2.2
deftdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 18:56   #84
neuor

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion01 View Post
I use three multimedia apps regularly, Google Listen, Pandora, and a Music Player. With all of those I am able to use the music controls on my lock screen. Until I installed Winamp the lock screen controls would control the last app I was using. Ever since I installed Winamp, it monopolizes the lock screen controls. Even after changing the lock screen controls setting in Winamp, when I press play or pause, no matter what app I am using, Winamp starts. I will change my poor review in the Market when this is fixed.

-Albion
I second this problem. It is really frustrating!
neuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 03:17   #85
EagleSoftware

lock-screen

I've used WinAmp for years it is great to see it on the Android platform. The ability to control the player from the lock screen is one of the best features of the program. Great work
EagleSoftware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 14:05   #86
kustodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGaZiPP View Post
With the corded headset attached to my phone and no apps running, I am talking on the phone to someone. Normally when I hang up I hit the little button on the cord. With the new app installed, if I hit the button, instead of the phone hanging up, it starts up winamp and begins playing what ever my last song was, I also no longer hear who I was talking to and they are still connected. Once I pause the music, the phone call resumes. The only fix I have to use till it is updated is to go into the settings in winamp and turn off the headset controls. The phone call should always take priority over the music. I have not tested whether the music will pause when a call comes in. I will look at that later.
I just got a headset with a mic and a button on the cord and I got the same issue. If "Control headset" in Winamp is checked, only Winamp can be controlled via headset, which means you can start, stop songs, but cannot answer the phone, or hang up when someone calls you, since when you press the button on the cord it makes Winamp play/stop songs again. You really need to make it so that you can answer/hang up a call when "Control headset" is enabled.
kustodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 19:32   #87
kustodian

I just found another bug with using the headset with a mic. If you have regular headphones (without a mic) plugged in, while Winamp is playing and you unplug them, it will stop playing.

But, if you have headphones with a mic plugged in, and while Winamp is playing you unplug them, it will continue playing.
Old 25th November 2010, 00:42   #88
Gir283

I have a suggestion.

I use Winamp on my phone a lot. My biggest problem with it - along with the having to press a button on the player to get to unlock the phone is that once you DO unlock the phone Winamp is brought up as the app. I use it in the background and when i hear an SMS/Email etc come in i have to go through and press button, unlock, go back to home screen, bring up notifications. If, once you unlock the phone winamp could be left playing along in the background like it normally is that'd be great.

Phone: HTC Desire.
ROM: LeeDroid Froyo 2.1Firefight build and a standard Telstra Froyo build Desire.
Winamp V 0.9.1
Gir283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2010, 23:54   #89
VetDoctor1989

Winamp 5.59 build 3033, Android EVO with Winamp 0.9.1

Wifi connection works but delete songs or albums does not seem to work. I tried renaming artists and songs, neither did this seem to work over wifi.
VetDoctor1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 21:07   #90
catalysto

I'm not sure if this is a bug or is intentional, but the Shoutcast player does not hold on to a connection very well. If the coverage becomes spotty, Winamp just drops the connection, and it has to be restarted. With other apps like XiiaLive, they usually try to reestablish the connection several times before giving up. This is particularly annoying while driving through poor coverage areas and having to mess with the phone to press play again.
catalysto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 21:41   #91
bradsh

Shuffle is implemented incorrectly, and not at all similar to the way Winamp for Windows does it, nor iTunes or iPod. This should be a simple fix.

See this thread for more: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=323488
bradsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 22:01   #92
fnetf

Archos 70 Internet Tablet always crashes with 0.92

Hy I have an Archos 70 Internet Tablet with 2.1 Eclair on it. And the last days i tested winamp 0.91. It runs very well no Crashes. Today I updated to Version 0.92 and it crashes all the time. Now I am downgrading to 0.91.
fnetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 01:05   #93
Nebulus

Red face Setting for syncing to EXTERNAL sd card?

Loving Winamp right now, but can we please tell it where we want files stored? I hate everything storing on the internal SD.
Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 01:59   #94
atomiccupcake

The desktop client gets stuck on "connecting" in the device Transfers panel when sending a file to my Android (HTC Incredible) that has the same artist and title as a previously uploaded track. (i'm using wifi sync.) For example, I have two copies of "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want by the Smiths (one that came with a the Smiths album, another that was part of a soundtrack.) This happened with another "duplicate" I have as well.

(Allowing us to specify filename and folder of destination track would help us avoid this, too? Since we could choose to include the album in the filename?)
atomiccupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 02:25   #95
IAmLoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnetf View Post
Hy I have an Archos 70 Internet Tablet with 2.1 Eclair on it. And the last days i tested winamp 0.91. It runs very well no Crashes. Today I updated to Version 0.92 and it crashes all the time. Now I am downgrading to 0.91.
have the same bug on my galaxy tab running froyo
the sound start just fine but after 2 second it just crash
IAmLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 17:36   #96
nmoline

Shoutcast can't play requested stream.
nmoline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 23:34   #97
keld

So fat everything is great but I don't like how the lock screen works. Lock screen is a must have of course but I don't like how it takes the entire screen, only leaving the small top bar with the time, I'd like to be able to keep the time in big and also please leave the date too! Also I plug my phone in my car to listen to music but sometimes I want to skip songs so if you could move the buttons from the bottom of the screen to the middle of it it would be great for easier access.
I'm using a HTC Evo 4G.
Thanks!
keld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 03:47   #98
SpOuK-3-

When I receive a call I cannot answer with the headphones ... It just stop / start the current song ... With the internal player I can press the play button on the headphones and answer or hanghup a call ...

Still not working in 0.92 ... I own a Nexus One with 2.2.1
Old 2nd December 2010, 03:49   #99
SpOuK-3-

When I open the shoutcast section ... When I choose Top Radio ... or anything else (a search for exemple) always receiving "error parsing" ....

Because of those two bug ... I uninstall until fixed ...

Thanks ... without those bugs, great apps...
Old 2nd December 2010, 08:37   #100
kustodian

I created a new topic for v0.9.2 with all the newest bugs.
Old 4th December 2010, 01:27   #101
goldkear

I'm having some issues related to wireless sync.

I have Win XP with (of course) the latest version of winamp
phone is HTC incredible with froyo, as well as the latest version of winamp for android.

first of all, random songs will not transfer, random songs, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason, will just say 'connecting' under status and NEVER transfer, and it will not proceed down the list. other things will transfer beautifully.
i tried to use USB, but winamp just wants to dump my entire library onto my phone again, since it recognizes it as a different device.

also: it would be nice if I could store music on the phone storage as well as the SD card.
goldkear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 23:54   #102
one3rd

Send a message via AIM to one3rd
Using Winamp 5.6 on XP and 0.9.2 on Motorola Droid, Android 2.2.

Playlist synchronization via WiFi does not work properly. If the playlist exists on the device already, it will not update with new songs. If it doesn't exist on the device already, some random selection of tracks--as few as one or as many as 50--on the playlist will be added to the device in some random order. Playlist syncing works properly via USB.

Album art in ID3 tags does not transfer when syncing via USB, but it does transfer when syncing via WiFi.
one3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 21:31   #103
keld

I have a very annoying bug on my HTC EVO 4G.
If I'm listening to music through the phone's jack in my car (plugged on the car's stereo) and I have my bluetooth headset on and I get a call, the music pauses on pick up, I make my call then when I hang up, the music resumes and if I try to access winamp before the screen goes off (when I hangup from the bluetooth the screen lights up to show that I hung up), then android's desktop crashes and I can see it reloading the same way as if I restarted my phone and it takes at least 10 seconds before I can do anything with it again.
This bug happens 90% of the time, I almost want to uninstall it but waiting to see if the next release will fix this.
Old 7th December 2010, 21:32   #104
keld

I have a very annoying bug on my HTC EVO 4G.
If I'm listening to music through the phone's jack in my car (plugged on the car's stereo) and I have my bluetooth headset on and I get a call, the music pauses on pick up, I make my call then when I hang up, the music resumes and if I try to access winamp before the screen goes off (when I hangup from the bluetooth the screen lights up to show that I hung up), then android's desktop crashes and I can see it reloading the same way as if I restarted my phone and it takes at least 10 seconds before I can do anything with it again.
This bug happens 90% of the time, I almost want to uninstall it but waiting to see if the next release will fix this.
Old 13th December 2010, 07:24   #105
allstarnz

This seems to be a bug, but I need to narrow it down a bit better.

I use Winamp 0.9.2 on my Samsung i5800 with 2.1. My phone sits on a rack connected to a car kit via the 3.5mm jack.

I have found three times now when I've gone over judder bars, Winamp will totally lock up. I don't know whether it's something in the accelerometer that Winamp can't handle or what.
allstarnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 14:29   #106
winampman33

Hi,
I want to be able to listen to Shoutcast streams by connecting my phone (Galaxy-S Froyo) to my pc - so no bluetooth or wifi. For when I don't have access to both (see my post "stream shoutcast from pc to android"). Afaik there is no solutin for this yet... Woule be great!
winampman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 20:01   #107
SpaceDude666

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgustipated View Post
also, the autofill seems to be grabbing all of my tracks in alphabetic order, not random full albums., and yes im using autofill and not sync
I have the same problem, I think it's not properly detecting how much disk space is available. This only happens to me when I try connect my HTC Magic via Wifi, if I do it via USB cable then it works fine.

Great feature though, I look forward to it working correctly over Wifi as well.
SpaceDude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 16:09   #108
bschartung

Wired vs. Wireless Naming Convention Bug

If I sync the same song to my Samsung Captivate Android phone over USB and Wifi, it gets duplicated with a slightly different name.

USB Format: "2. Blah.m4a"
Wifi Format: "02 Blah.m4a"

Winamp Version 5.601 x86 on Win7-64

Preferences/Portables:
[x] Use CD Rip Settings (all defaults)

Has this been reported?
bschartung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 03:36   #109
jbalcorn

Wireless Sync crashes every time

Droid Incredible, Android 2.2
Verizon
Winamp 5.6.0.1

Wireless sync: Device is found, is correctly read. Sync starts, but Winamp Desktop crashes every time - sometimes 1 song will be transferred, sometimes 10-20.

Wired sync works fine, but the idea of wireless sync was too cool to pass up.

Oh - I tried it with phone unplugged, USB (Charge only) plugged, AC Plugged. I set the screen to not lock while plugged in. Same result.
jbalcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2011, 21:27   #110
jmccaskey

Winamp for Android is fantastic. I love the wireless transfer feature which is much more convenient than hooking my phone up to my PC with USB.

I have a bug with the transfer though. I have the Big Boi album Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty. If I try to transfer any of the songs it just hangs at "Connecting" on the transfer status.

I've isolated the issue to having the full "Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty" as the album name for tracks. If I truncate it to just "Sir Lucious Left Foot" the tracks transfer successfully. So it seems there is a bug with really long album names? I thought it might be the : at first, but changing that to a , didn't change anything.
jmccaskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 06:56   #111
ladams00

I'd like to see what bitrate the current song is at. Best case is all of the standard format info details that you see in the desktop version's "View File Info...".

Great work fellas
ladams00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 08:55   #112
gmsj

Question

With the Winamp Android version, is it possible to select (configure) the root folder in which Winamp should look for the music files?
gmsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 23:23   #113
Deacon Crusher

Running wimap 5.61 on Win 7 x64. Running latest winamp client on an Incredible running stock 2.2.

Various items.

Wifi sync doesn't work if you have multiple network interfaces, including vmware nics, or vpn nics. Please fix. I've had to disable those other items to use wifi sync and I'd like to keep using wifi sync and turn them back on. Winamp desktop never sees the device when this problem is happening.

I can choose to sync a playlist and it more or less syncs the music of that playlist to my device, and it puts a playlist by that name on the device, but that playlist is empty. When I resync I get multiple copies of the files, but no updated playlist content on device. I really want to be able to copy over multiple playlists, but end up with only one copy of each song on my device and be able to have those playlists, be items I can play, on the device. The beauty of the desktop client, device client synergy (should be) is that you can do a lot of your management on the desktop client where it's easy.

As many others have mentioned there needs to be a way to not have all your game sound files and other random items listed in winamp so that if you want to just do a play all (since right now I can't play my playlists) I don't have hundreds of tiny short game sound files included in my play all.

If you have music on your computer at a couple of different levels it doesn't always sync properly.

I have

N:\music\artist\album\song but I also have
N:\music\singlesong purchases\artist\album\song and
N:\music\comedy\artist\album\track

etc.

All the items that are in playlists that are in this structure

N:\music\artist\album\song

sync pretty reliably, most of the others almost never sync.

Winamp needs to list or have a way to find the total size in megs or gigs of the songs in a playlist so one can have a hope of designing playlists that fit on your device.

Please make winamp for the droid a complete product as the combo of the 2 is amazingly fun and powerful.

thanks
Deacon Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 02:33   #114
rachus

Winamp for Android Snoozes my Alarm

Hey Winamp team,

Nice job so far, however, since either your new version or the recent Froyo update, Winamp somehow snoozes my alarms. I've been able to reproduce it repeatedly.

The onboard alarm had been working fine, pausing Winamp playback when the alarm goes off, but since the upgrades I'll simply see "snoozing for 5 min" appear, as if I manually touched the screen to snooze.

Tested android music player and it doesn't exhibit this behavior.

Thanks for your attention to this if you get a chance.
rachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 03:40   #115
mseifert

Skins?

I use winamp while driving and the play / pause button is too small and too close to next/back buttons. Too often I hit the next or back button and then loose my place in a long book on tape chapter.

Are there skins yet for the Android version or any other way to solve this?
mseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 20:06   #116
xtraspecialj

WiFi sync transfer Failed. Resolution???

I have seen quite a few people with a similar issue to mine. I am running Windows 7 32bit with the newest version of Winamp on both my computer and my Motorola Cliq Android phone. Two issues:

1.) USB does not work. Winamp does not see my device (it does see it as a removable drive, but not as an android phone)

2.)WiFi sync keeps saying Transfer Failed. There has been no answer or resolution on this and it seems to be a fairly common problem for some people. At least put a reason for the Failed status in the program so we can see why it's failing and take steps to fixing it. I've tried everything I can think of and followed all the steps for setting it up, but as it is, there doesn't seem to be any way for me to sync these programs.

Please, someone from Winamp respond or if any user out there had a similar issue and fixed it please post. (I have tried turning off the transcoder, changing it to different formats, same problem no matter what).
xtraspecialj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 20:54   #117
Dahlbeck

Constant crashes on Xperia X10 Mini (Android 2.1) possibly due to the album art problems.

Please see this thread:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=324986
Dahlbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2011, 05:24   #118
beesagtig

i prefer to have my album art as a single folder.jpg however when using usb sync the .mp3's end up with the album art embedded in the song.

maybe there could be a setting that simply copies the files across without changing them at all.
beesagtig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 18:50   #119
nycguy1128

Lock Screen Rotation

I would love for a way to lock the screen rotation for this app. I use my Droid Incredible as my primary music player and I live in NYC so I do a lot of walking and listening. My phone is in and out my pocket all the time while I select new tracks, add songs to playlists, etc. As I take the phone out the screen will often switch to landscape mode which is hard to use when you are on the go. The ability to keep Winamp in portrait mode while in use would be great. I've used mixzing and merridian player in the past and one of these players had this option but I forget which.
nycguy1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 19:28   #120
poguec

Swipe/gesture support

I use my phone in a car dock when I'm driving. I'm ready to switch music apps to something else but current app allows me to swipe the screen to change songs, very quick and handy when driving. It would be wonderful to have this option in the Winamp app. Trying to find the button to move to the next track while driving could be dangerous.

Also it would nice to have the album art larger, maybe even fill the screen and put the controls over the artwork. Why take the time to embed all the album art if it's not easily viewed while playing.
poguec is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
add, android, files, folder