Old 24th May 2011, 18:02   #161
krucifix

edit: I may have jumped the gun saying my ID3 tags are perfect. Will go back to testing.
krucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 22:42   #162
greylurk

Any progress on the headphone button issue? It cropped up again this morning when I muted a call, and suddenly my music came blaring on. It's easy enough to turn off the headphone controls, but it's still really frustrating that I can't use headphone controls to play my music without reconfiguring my phone every time I want to take a call.
greylurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 12:46   #163
Squishy Tia

I'm most eager to find out when plug-ins will be made available for Winamp Android. I've got a complete collection of game console music files (NFS, PSF/PSF2/GYM/RSN) that I'd like to be able to listen to on my Galaxy S phone. I've got enough space for these and the raw audio rips from my CDs (well enough space for those that I actually listen to anyway), but no way to play them.

Winamp without plugin capability = lame llama
Squishy Tia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 17:53   #164
duskhellfire

Hi,
I downloaded winamp on my tablet and it works fine for single tracks. But when I add more tracks, e.g 3 or 4 albums, to the play queue and I try to open it winamp crashes. All other controls seem to work. The only way to get the play queue to work again is to reinstall the app. When it crashes it gives me the following message:

We are sorry!

The application Winamp (process com.nullsoft.winamp) was closed unexpectedly. Please try it again.

Maybe its not exactly this message because i had to translate it from german. It only gives me the options to force exit or to send a report to google.

I am using a Asus eee pad Transformer with Android Honeycomb 3.0.1
duskhellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 16:33   #165
boinkman

Shoutcast, Free music etc. not working

Just updated my Winamp for Android on my Droid X2 and lost all streaming function. If I select a stream, whether it's in Shoutcast or Free Music Winamp shows "connecting", then "buffering", and then it shows the player for a couple of seconds before it goes right back to the stream selection screen. I tried dozens of previously working streams to no avail. Where can I download the prevous version so that I can side-install?
boinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 16:45   #166
boinkman

Found version 1.03

Side installed 1.03 and got Shoutcast back. http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/winamp
Old 9th June 2011, 19:30   #167
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinkman View Post
Just updated my Winamp for Android on my Droid X2 and lost all streaming function. If I select a stream, whether it's in Shoutcast or Free Music Winamp shows "connecting", then "buffering", and then it shows the player for a couple of seconds before it goes right back to the stream selection screen. I tried dozens of previously working streams to no avail. Where can I download the prevous version so that I can side-install?
I was worried this was going to happen. The Droid X2 came out just a few days before we released. The CPU architecture for the X2 is significantly different (mainly from being dual-core), and there a few places in the code that could potential not work with two cores. We just ordered one of these phones here at the office so hopefully it should be worked out soon. Sorry about the problems.
Benski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 22:10   #168
PnoT

I've just bought a Droid X2 as well and am experiencing the same problems. I'll try to install the 1.0.3 that was linked and see how that works out.

I'll be looking forward to some progress in this area ops!
PnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 22:15   #169
mastermalt

Gapless playback

Music that plays beautifully on Winamp Windows still has a gap between tracks on Android. I would fall in love with the app the moment it did gapless. Thanks!

MUST ADD: I would definitely pay for the app if it did this.

Last edited by mastermalt; 9th June 2011 at 22:29. Reason: Not a cheapskate
mastermalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 21:21   #170
boinkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benski View Post
I was worried this was going to happen. The Droid X2 came out just a few days before we released. The CPU architecture for the X2 is significantly different (mainly from being dual-core), and there a few places in the code that could potential not work with two cores. We just ordered one of these phones here at the office so hopefully it should be worked out soon. Sorry about the problems.
Hey Benski! Thanks for the quick reply. Just wanna let all those DX2'ers out there know that the previous version works fine albeit without the extras in 1.1.

Oh yeah, Benski....don't forget that the sdcard and sd-ext are set up differently. Some progs wont think to search for media outside the internal media storage(sdcard). The sd-ext is actually the "sd card". Go figure, Moto.
Old 10th June 2011, 21:57   #171
steph_ifalna

Same problem with the samsung galaxy S2 (gt-i9100), shoutcast & search in shoutcast don't work with 1.1
I downgraded to 1.03 since it works fine.
steph_ifalna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 14:52   #172
Krylion

Hey folks. I didn't search for it, but did anybody ever suggest a queue function? This is the only function I miss about this awsome app.
Krylion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 09:58   #173
moodymann

Gapless Playback!!

Gapless playback, gapless playback, gapless playback!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please for the love of god.
moodymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:58   #174
W8Cat

I have Android 2.2 tablet with ethernet network connection and can't connect Winamp to my Desktop Winamp. By pressing Discover Winamp not found any devices (Internet working at tablet). I installed on PC Packet Capturer an found that the Tablet Winamp sended incorrect broadcast config "Location:http://0.0.0.0:57192". I think this refrences to wifi lan settings (disconected) thats why it send wrong IP. You can add settings to "Enable Ehrernet Sync" and read IP from eth0....
Thaks.
W8Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 06:42   #175
Naginata

I haven't had a chance to use it a lot yet but so far I really like Winamp Android! I do have one big question/complaint though . . . The "Search" function is really confusing me. No matter what I enter as a search term, the stuff that comes up seems pretty random with most of it having no obvious connection to the term I entered. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but if you have any suggestions on settings to change or whatever, that would be helpful. My music collection is kind of a mess so I really need a good Search function!
Naginata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 12:13   #176
dedbeat

Send a message via Yahoo to dedbeat
playlists management

You guys need to build a better way to add and remove songs from playlists. the stock music player on the vibrant lets you tick off check boxes and then add as a whole rather than going into each song and clicking add to playlist.

the second pain point is to have the playlists located in a place where it's modifiiable. i tried looking for the playlists to do a manual update and couldn't locate them, then saw in a thread that it's in a db file in an obscure location. love the desktop client and been using it since way back when the 0.x versions were running, but the android app isn't doing it for me until these things get resolved.

thanks for the great work!
dedbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 19:04   #177
Beaver6813

Hi Guys,
Picked up the Android app today (and imported my library from iTunes into the latest Winamp). I'm running on the HTC Desire with 2.3. Love the desktop player (haven't been able to get as far as trying the phone player...).
I've got a few problems:
  1. If you "eject" a device, there is no way to reconnect it without switching off/on wireless syncing on the android app. I would expect that if I clicked "discover" on the desktop program then it would bring the device back up.
  2. The autofill button does not work. It just does exactly the same as sync and doesn't pay any attention to my autofill settings etc. (what logs would you like?)
  3. Sync seems to get stuck on certain tracks and doesn't appear to have any timeout feature. An intelligent program would surely timeout after say 30 seconds of being at a certain percentage complete on a track and just continue with the next ones.
  4. Theres no way to easily abort a sync. Once the sync starts (and gets stuck) I can't eject it because a sync is in progress...
  5. This is more of a feature request. But surely we're in an age where a basic sync program can multi-thread and transfer more than one file at a time?

Only a few points, any advice would be greatly appreciated; I really want to use Winamp but autofill is a deal breaker for syncing with my device.
Beaver6813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 20:12   #178
NeoPhoenixTE

Not sure if this would be a feature request, or a bug.

When listening to my music, I notice that my text message and email notification sounds completely overtake my music. However, in other apps that play music or stream audio (like the radio scanner app I use), I noticed that the music only fades down while the notification sound is playing. In Winamp, the music is gone completely.

I can imagine if I used Winamp while running a navigation app, I'd be getting music cut out while the voice direction speaks.

Now, one thing with other streaming apps that made it do the same thing is if I picked something like "Use Android Player" option under their "how to play" option. This leads me to believe there's two players in Android: the one that plays notification and system sounds, and one created by an app.

If this holds true, that tells me that Winamp is using that Android player, and that player cannot play two sounds at the same time. Doesn't Winamp create it's own player?

Also to note: the built-in Android music player does the fade-out effect, leading me to believe it creates it's own player as well.

I love Winamp, but this constant hard interruption of notification sounds and voice read-outs drives me up the wall once in awhile. I'd prefer the two to get along, especially if I plan on using my phone as a media player once I can get the audio cable installed into the back of my car stereo.

Hopefully I'm making sense here..
NeoPhoenixTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 17:42   #179
omgzyo

cardock problem

Try this. Open up cardock app. Make most current version of winamp app your custom button. Try to oprn it. I will open up once. Then when returning to the cardock home, upon clicking, your custom button again, it just vibrates and sont open winamp.you have to actuqlly close the running process for winamp for it to open it as a custom button again, bt again only opens once. Anyone else have this issue?
omgzyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 03:16   #180
Jane0018

I have never used Android
Jane0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 16:15   #181
iaui

M4A files not having meta-data read properly

See this thread: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?p=2788699

Basically, it would appear that Winamp/the Default Music Player on Android do not read .m4a meta-tags (ID3?) correctly causing (at the very least) the track order to default to alphabetical. Then, since the MPEG-4 transcoder creates .m4a's when I transfer a FLAC-encoded album to my Android and it is transcoded on-the-fly it loses the track order data. I'll bet it loses all the meta-data but since the files are saved in the directory structure with Artist/Album-name they're at least still split by that data in the Winamp/Music player listings.

I'm running Winamp v5.621 and my Android phone is a Motorola Atrix 4G on the Bell Canada network.

Send me the Winamp and Winamp Android code and I'll fix this bug for you! (: (That is, if it's not an inherent Android issue, which it may be...)
iaui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 21:13   #182
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
does the Droid X2 work at all? i don't have access to winamp for droid except via the newest version in the market. is it just shoutcast thats no good?

winamp does not recognize it as an android device, just as a removable drive as far as i can tell. (drive I)

and i put this string in it, in the prefs for drive I under devices in the nav tree:

I:\Music\<Albumartist>\<Album>\## - <Artist> - <Title>

and i then send music from the ML to it but i don't see them on the device in the droid winamp app...

HELP!

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 04:46   #183
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i've made some progress on this, but i am going to continue the discussion/posts here:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....94#post2788794

still am having some problems/questions to be resolved...

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 13:39   #184
MLM87

Hi
I read somewhere that it was supposed to be possible to use the wifi sync to use your mobile phone as a remote control for your winamp desktop (for example previous or next song and the like) - so, is it?
If it isn't...would it maybe possible to program it for the next version of winamp for android?

MLM
MLM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 23:31   #185
AllIsUno

I receive a "Failed to play the requested stream" when I try to play most of my favorites stations on my Droid... Help!
AllIsUno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 13:30   #186
andrescm

I refer this post:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....61#post2786861

Quote:
Hello,
I've been having a problem in my new Motorola Atrix and I'm still trying to understand if this is a hardware or a software issue. The problem: in random occasions, Winamp will skip part of a song. You are listening to song X at minute 3.15 and then bam, you find yourself listening to the same sound at minute 0.48. Other times it suddenly plays the previous song in the same album. And today for example I was listening to album 1, then switched to album 2, and while I was playing a song in album 2 it suddenly began playing from the middle of a song of album 1, while still showing the cover art of album 2. A pause/play operation didn't fix it. I had to manually select the song in album 2 again to hear it.

At the moment what I can say is that it's not related to memory malfunction. This first happened when my music was stored in the internal memory in the Atrix, but now that I have moved everything to an external SD card, it happens there too.

Anyone experiencing this same problem?

I'm using Winamp 1.1.1, although the previous version behaved the same. My Atrix's Android version is 2.2.2, build number 4.0.50.0.
andrescm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 18:56   #187
dhinge

Where did the shuffle button go in Portrait mode?

In one of the previous versions of Winamp for Android, the shuffle button was available while listening to a song in Portrait mode. Now I have to flip open my keyboard (I force portrait on my Droid for various reasons) to get the Shuffle and Repeat buttons. This is really annoying, and I don't understand why Winamp took this away.

Also, it's now difficult to see which artist and song I'm listening to, because they are on one line below the Album title and scroll like a marquee if they don't fit on that line. It used to show that info separately on their own lines and was easy to see along with the album cover. Now the album cover takes up most of the screen, which is pointless most of the time because the album name typically fits on its own line and by default album covers are not imported with mp3 albums.

Please fix this or provide info on how to adjust it.

Thank you.

Last edited by dhinge; 26th July 2011 at 18:57. Reason: grammar and clarity
dhinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 12:59   #188
TyrionWarMage

Would like to report a bug and a feature request

Bug:
Activity: Play a (Shoutcast) stream->Pause->Lock Screen->Unlock
Effect: Pressing play on the widget results in a forced close.
Opening winamp (via bolt on widget) results on an empty playlist. The stream is no longer selected.

Feature Request: Please make android winamp able to read all stream radios, not only shoutcast. Just by allowing to open stream links out of a browser.
TyrionWarMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 20:58   #189
Sir B

Using 1.1.1 on a HTC Desire Z (Android 2.3.3)

I tried WIFI sync - it randomly deleted some folder.jpg covers which were in the folders I transfered and which initially got transfered as well.

Even worse: Somehow playlists.xml on my Desktop Winamp 5.621 got deleted during sync, I couldn't see my playlists and had to restore the file from a backup.

Apart from the wifi issues a solid player!
Sir B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 04:12   #190
PsychoEddie

touch the screen that has the cover art. the Info, Search, Random, and Repeat buttons should appear.
PsychoEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 20:53   #191
vomov

Bug go here? I sure hope so, since Google ain't paying attention.

When playing music on Winamp for Android on an external device (let's say; car stereo) through a typically used connection (bluetooth, 3.5mm audio jack), and navigating using the built-in navigation thingy (by Google), Winamp tends to mute the volume of the music to make it possible to hear the navigation commands.

However, since Android 2.3.3 the Winamp volume and navigation volume seem to be tied together, which makes for the sudden disappearance of music, and very, very soft navigation commands.

Wouldn't it be better to pause the playback, if possible? Or to make Winamp use a different volume-thingy than the navigation? Google's been ignoring the issue for the past eight months, so I'm hoping Winamp will make the issue disappear.

Also, issue here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15690
vomov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 05:39   #192
yoghurtgoblin

Connecting....

>...random songs will not transfer, random songs, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason, will just say 'connecting' under status

Same problem here. HTC Desire Wifi sync. Very random and very annoying since transferring large lists of files becomes impossible... at least one file will hang the queue.
yoghurtgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2011, 15:20   #193
rayne127

Quote:
Originally Posted by vomov View Post
Bug go here? I sure hope so, since Google ain't paying attention.

When playing music on Winamp for Android on an external device (let's say; car stereo) through a typically used connection (bluetooth, 3.5mm audio jack), and navigating using the built-in navigation thingy (by Google), Winamp tends to mute the volume of the music to make it possible to hear the navigation commands.

However, since Android 2.3.3 the Winamp volume and navigation volume seem to be tied together, which makes for the sudden disappearance of music, and very, very soft navigation commands.

Wouldn't it be better to pause the playback, if possible? Or to make Winamp use a different volume-thingy than the navigation? Google's been ignoring the issue for the past eight months, so I'm hoping Winamp will make the issue disappear.

Also, issue here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15690
Having the same issue on Mytouch 4g running Royal Ginger 3.0 (base 2.3.4). After searching around I found that if you install PowerAmp and disable the gapless playback and crossfade features, there are no issues when listening to music with poweramp and using google navigation. I don't like the PowerAmp player, I much prefer Winamp... but maybe if Winamp had these options or could somehow otherwise fix the issues, I'd use it more often.
rayne127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 07:12   #194
yshashank

For some reason, the play count does not seem to be syncing between my android phone and winamp. First off, just want to confirm that syncing of play counts is a supported feature of the android app? Is it? or is it a planned feature?

If it is, then here is my bug/problem:

WINAMP SETUP: Winamp v5.621 Full - clean install - imported iTunes library - all ratings & play counts preserved
ANDROID SETUP: App version 1.1.1 - clean install - set to sync over the USB - Device: Samsung Galaxy s2
WINDOWS SETUP: Windows 7 SP1

Problem description: Setup winamp to sync top 100 played songs with device. Songs copy perfectly / play perfectly on device. On resyncing device, the play count does not increment in the main (desktop) player.

Any pointers / help will be great.

Thanks!
yshashank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:58   #195
jhughe90

Angry Random playstarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdude View Post
I just had to uninstall Winamp because of this. It's a shame, because I love the player otherwise. (I was looking at alternatives and don't particularly like any of them) But it just started blasting music in lecture and that's not something I can allow for. Hope it gets fixed soon!
Experiencing the same problem as well recently, and had it occur twice yesterday within 15 minutes. Had been using Winamp several months prior with no problems. Screen is locked, phone is usually in my pocket. Winamp is almost always backgrounded before I lock the screen. When I unlock the phone, it shows play mode still being 'paused', so you have to punch it twice to get it to shut up.

Have NO optional settings enabled.

Samsung Epic 4G running Froyo 2.2
jhughe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 06:53   #196
bart101

i have a Sony Ericison Xperua X10 phone that I have winamp on and ever since the update to Android 2.3 the ability to pause/play on the home screen has been lost. Had anyone else have/had this issue
bart101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 15:23   #197
vatbier

version 1.1.1 on samsung galaxy S2 (i9100, 2.3.3):
.m3u files are not associated with winamp. In File Explorer of android I click on my playlists files (extension .m3u) but this doesn't start winamp.
When browsing with the app ES File Explorer via LAN (samba) on my pc clicking on m3u playlists does not start winamp android.
Please fix this.
vatbier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 23:32   #198
Ando140

Great app, couple bugs though

Hey, I love winamp for windows and I was glad to see it was available on my Android phone too, but I did find an issue.
When I try to open this playlist/stream, it crashes: http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/KQRCFM.pls
Works fine in windows.
Also, a small request... why not allow users to type in a file name or url to play?

I'm using a Motorola Photon 4G with Sprint, Android version is 2.3.4.
If any additional info would be helpful, or if I'm just missing something and there's no problem with the playlists, please let me know.
Ando140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 17:23   #199
pt42dev

Please include a feature for excluding folders from being automatically added to library. It is very annoying to get my ringtones and podcasts (auto downloaded) in the middle of my musics... I cannot use the 'smart' playlists... (Recently added, all music, etc)...

Thanks!
pt42dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 15:42   #200
neoasimov

Exclamation Winamp Hangs when streaming with Shoutcast with my Droid 3

Hi Everybody,

It is to report a bug with my Droid 3. When I do stream from Shoutcast, a first stream get fetched from the Shoutcast server, but after a few seconds (I guess when it tries to continue to get the stream) Winamp stops responding.

This issue is just occuring with my Droid 3, everything is fine with my HTC Desire Z.

Thanks for looking into this issue.

Fred
neoasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
add, android, files, folder