Old 5th October 2011, 09:42   #201
beekie

Direct Unlock

I would like to request the following feature:

Currently, when winamp lock screen player is selected, unlocking brings you to the default android unlock screen. So you need to unlock twice.

Direct Unlock (feature in poweramp) on the other hand, unlocks directly to the home screen, instead of going to the android unlock screen.
beekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 06:54   #202
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Question

When will SHOUTcast TV be added? Or has it? Or will it? If it's an option (Like it is now with reg'lar Winamp, how do I add it?)

If it's already there, am I just looking in the wrong place on the app? I'm not seeing it.....

My device - SANYO ZIO

Cheers

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Jeeper One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 06:57   #203
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Question

Also on an unrelated note to the above, what about adding an ADD TO FAVORIES to the menu button as that's easier to hit than that star button within the app interface

Cheers

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Jeeper One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 00:25   #204
junktrunk

SHOUTcast causing app to freeze up on Bionic

Anyone else having the same problem I am? I installed WinAmp 1.1.1 from the Market on my Motorola Bionic. Playing local files back works fine, but every time I stream any station in SHOUTcast, after about 30 seconds WinAmp stops responding. I get the options to Force Close, Wait, or Report. Pressing Wait is useless since the app has really stopped responding (no response when I press the android menu button, the winamp home button, anything). Force close is my only option. This happens regardless of the station I select (I've tried at least 10).

I uninstalled and reinstalled WinAmp again from the market, same behavior. I never had this problem with previous phones (OG Droid, HTC Eris).
junktrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 05:51   #205
foxrivertrekker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
what you're all wanting (which is being repeated elsewhere) basically requires a custom media player to do it instead of piggy-backing on the android's media player apis and that's not going to be a simple thing to produce.

so it may happen or it may not but it's known by those higher up what is wanted and what would be needed to be done but you have to remember that the main desktop client is still the prime focus of development.

-daz
wow this is from last year and it still doesnt work?? You say the player is the main focus? Then dont put a link to the android app on the winamp site if youre not going to support it. It doesnt work. thanks.
foxrivertrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 11:09   #206
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
which thing do you mean? its not clear. afaik, they no longer piggyback.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 11:51   #207
endison

It seems that winamp android until now does not support APE, but I really wanna see a winamp android with APE supported, cause it is really hard to avoid. Does it have any schedule?
Or if not, does winamp android support plugins from third part ? I wanna port the ape plugin if possible. But, as far as I know, there isn't any clue that the latest winamp android support plugins, isn't it?
What can I do ?
endison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 20:33   #208
Krake

Android Development Guidelines for Headsets

Please start following the android development guidelines for handling remote control buttons:
http://android-developers.blogspot.c...lay-nicer.html

Currently winamp highjacks all my headset inputs which makes it impossible to use winamp next to my podcast player. That's the main reason why I will not use winamp as a media player.
Krake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 20:35   #209
Krake

I have discovered a strange behaviour lately. I'm able to sync my music files to my Nexus S correctyl. But the build in android media player will not show the length of the synced files. I can also not skip forward inside the files. I can play them but they are somehow defect.
Krake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 00:20   #210
JacksonDane

Anyone else having issues where files without disc numbers and/or album artists will hang on syncing (both wired and wireless)?
JacksonDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 13:43   #211
abugintheground

Hi,

I'm new to android, and returning to winamp after many years (my destop setup has long been mac-based, sorry guys!). I'm using the winamp android player and liking it very much. A few quick things I've noticed (I guess it could be just me doing things wrong):

1. An album with two discs, ie. disc 1/2 and disc 2/2, does not sort correctly when in album view. It is as if the disc number field is being ignored.

2. Like nearly every other music app under the sun, winamp does not work correctly with regard to compilations/albums with multiple artists. The system, as I understand it, should work so that if an 'album artist' is listed, then the album appears as one, and that if it is marked as a compilation (this is in itunes) then the 20-or-so different random artists on said compilation do not appear under sorting by artist.

What are people's thoughts on these observations?

Thanks.
abugintheground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 13:44   #212
abugintheground

p.s. using tunesync to sync wirelessly from itunes, as winamp isn't available for mac as far as I'm aware
abugintheground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 18:51   #213
MrSinatra
Forum King

when using winamp, it will sync properly afaik, if u have comp tags or AA tags. kind of hard to fault it if you use something else to sync it.

--
Old 26th October 2011, 17:41   #214
Danielvago

Winamp pro, not playing music

I just downloaded the newest version of Winamp for my HTC Desire android, and the first thing I did was upgrading it to "pro".

I have an issue:

It doesn't play music. One could say this is a pretty big issue.
I pick a song but the bar (that shows where you are in the song) doesn't move. I have tried to pause/unpause and move it around the song, as well as trying several songs.
I have also tried to restart my phone.

I also tried the stock music player and that works just fine.

EDIT:

I just re-installed it and now it works.

EDITEDIT:

Ok, the problem is still there. I just tried to play songs from an album and nothing would play. Then I went to another album, played a song and went to the first album whilst that was playing, and now it worked.

EDITEDITEDIT:

I just tried two things and couldn't recreate the problem.

1: Letting one song from one album play, and just going from song to song in various albums whilst the last song played = worked fine.

2: Doing the same, but pausing before going to a new song = worked fine.

I will come back if I encounter it again.

Last edited by Danielvago; 26th October 2011 at 19:06.
Danielvago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 16:11   #215
GreatHeights

update to v1.2 won't play files correctly

Ever since the update to v1.2 yesterday, some files on my Droid X2 are playing back with lots of static or otherwise poor quality. These same tracks are playing fine with the stock player. I tried uninstalling and redownloading the app, but it didn't fix anything.
GreatHeights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 17:31   #216
Sunnieboy

Hi Also just updated to Android v1.2 on Asus Transformer Tablet,instantly crashes and sends report. Cannot seem to revert back to earlier version looks like major bug.

Regards Sunnie
Sunnieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 17:41   #217
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatHeights View Post
Ever since the update to v1.2 yesterday, some files on my Droid X2 are playing back with lots of static or otherwise poor quality. These same tracks are playing fine with the stock player. I tried uninstalling and redownloading the app, but it didn't fix anything.
This is a known issue with the Droid X2 and M4A files. We're attempting to find the right fix, but there's no current ETA on a fix. Sorry about that
Benski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 21:32   #218
Whalesdude

I'm not sure if the fellow DanielVago has the same problem, (some light googling brought no results to my attention at first glance) but ever since the last update, my Winamp Android doesn't work at all. Occasionally, if I spam the play button, it'll play that one track and then not enable me to pause, skip, or even leave the screen. I've got 1.2, and a Bionic running gingerbread 2.3.4. I've tried a fresh install, I've tried resetting the phone and clearing out temporary files and such to no avail. I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but could it be due to the fact that I've just recently purchased Pro as well?
Whalesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 17:38   #219
sullysnet

I upgraded to Pro today, I figured I should wait until all bugs are worked out before purchasing but how would I know if I had any issues until buying. So everything plays
fine so far and the quality is fine. One thing that I am totally confused about is why it
is not detecting my FLAC files and why doesn't it see the album art that is right in the
folder? I can play the files by going to the folder structure through Winamp but Winamp
detecting the folders in Albums/Artists it is not working (again no album art even when opening from folder view). Seems to me that Winamp automatically detects new folders
that you add to your library, so it should be detecting them. It's not...

Anyone else having this issue?

Gingerbread 2.3.6
Nexus One
all songs on sdcard flac and mp3's

thanks

I see this in the feature list (* Support for FLAC playback in Browse by Folders nav (lossless audio playback) why is it like this and do they plan to have it detect the files per what I feel is normal instead of browsing them?? Weird...

It’s a fragile thing, this life we lead, if I think too much, I can’t get over
sullysnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 22:38   #220
Lokasenna

I'm in the same boat as sullysnet and Danielvago - Winamp says it's playing, but there's no sound and the position indicator doesn't move. I tried all of Danielvago's suggestions (other than reinstalling, since he said it didn't end up fixing it) and none of them were able to help me.

Phone is an HTC Desire running the last Frogurt update, Winamp is the most recent free version.
Lokasenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 03:40   #221
ingonab

v1.2.2 skips tracks are *not* fixed

Some observations:
* Release notes weren't neglected this time. (At least the in-player one at Settings->About)

The problem:
Quote:
Winamp 1.2.2
* Track skips fixed
Tracks skips are anything but fixed. It's actually behaving worse:

Start an album playback and use the forward and reverse buttons to skip. Why does it sort of "semi-crash" during the skip where the player kind of crashes and relaunches?? Are you guys for real? Is this by design?

This behaviour isn't reliable either and the player will eventually crash altogether.

Since v1.2 you guys have broken the way reverse skip works in other ways:
It no longer skips to the start of the current track when past that certain threshold. It now goes (or tries) to the previous track regardless.

My Android version is 2.3.4, if that has anything to do with anything...

I paid for the Pro Bundle and I feel betrayed, however if this is the only coding and testing quality management can afford, the project needs all the $4.99 funding it can get.
ingonab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 09:52   #222
navarretemarce

Last Update BROKEN

Used to be my favorite app. but since the last update included the "fixed" the reproduction is simply bad . I am aware about the M4A files issue, but isnt the only one. Playback is now laggy and unreliable, files that used to sound great in previous version aren't now.
My hardware: HTC wildfire-S

My suggestion/request:

1.- Have you had a look to the new comments in Android Market? Could be nice to pay attention at that and make the the older version/downgrade available.

2.- Warn your users about the potential issues before offering the update

Until the new version is more or less stable me and many others would not even think about buying the pro. Which Ill be happy to buy if works like the previous stable version.
navarretemarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 12:10   #223
o1160507

Gapless playback is good but not perfect.

I upgraded to Pro for the reason of Gapless Playback. It works fine in 1.2.2, But I still find very tiny flaws between many tracks (operas & ballets).

HTC Sensation + AAC tracks on sdcard .
o1160507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 14:52   #224
Hawk

I just bought the pro version for my Samsung Galaxy S plus, thinking Winamp would be a safe buy.

But it's freezing up ever time I try to play music. No matter what I do. Even when I start the music and put my phone away it freezes up after a few seconds.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 16:46   #225
modarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullysnet View Post
I see this in the feature list (* Support for FLAC playback in Browse by Folders nav (lossless audio playback) why is it like this and do they plan to have it detect the files per what I feel is normal instead of browsing them?? Weird...
This.
I've been using winamp since years upon years. I got the app the first day i got my droid and it always worked fine. I'm big on flac and was disappointed that it didn't initially support it. When I saw the pro version I quickly jumped in and bought it. Unfortunately how I organize and listen to my music is mainly through playlists. The fact that I can only play my flac through browse folders is VERY, VERY inconvenient and misleading from what it said in the marketplace description. I basically updated my whole mobile library to flac, but now it's all screwed up cause of the lack of automatically detecting flac/putting them in their respected playlists. I hope this can be fixed in a new update so I don't regret dishing out the $5 :\
modarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2011, 12:44   #226
Danielvago

Lokasenna, you should try the re-install. It actually did fix the problem, and I only encountered a slightly similar problem that one time, and haven't met it since.

So at the very least, a re-install will greatly improve upon the problem in Winamp.
Danielvago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2011, 15:54   #227
davis.rob

Another disappointed updater

Not sure where to report this, but this looks like as good a place as any. I was very happy to hear about the new version of Winamp for Android; gapless playback and EQ were high on my wishlist, so the Pro version sounded good. But the number of bugs that have been reported and that I've experienced make me very leery of plunking down my $5.

For the record, I'm still having a couple of major problems even with the latest update. On my Samsung Galaxy S2, playlists with .WAV files seem to be seriously broken. The player skips over most of the tracks and seem to settle on some random track. Same issue trying to play .WAV files from directories ... it ignores the one I tap and goes to some other track further down the directory. Also, Shoutcast seem to be missing stations it previously found. I've gone back to v1.1.1 until things start working.

Please let me know if there's a better way to submit bug reports. Hope you guys get this new update cleaned up quickly ... it's generating a flood of negative reviews in the app store and I think Winamp deserves better.
davis.rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 16:35   #228
davis.rob

WAV playback still broken in 1.2.3

Just tried the latest download (1.2.3) and it looks like WAV playback is still broken. Trying to play either a playlist or selecting a WAV file from a folder, the player skips over several tracks and (sometimes) starts playing a random track further down the list.

Wow ... a lot of bugs in this release!. Hope we get them fixed soon. I'd actually like to get the Pro version, but not until the basic one actually works.
davis.rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 18:43   #229
MasterViVi

Galaxy S II - Winamp Pro 1.2.3.

AacPlus files don't really playback like they should... (seems to be an unlistenable thumpîng bass throughout each song and lots of distortion).
MasterViVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 19:01   #230
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterViVi View Post
Galaxy S II - Winamp Pro 1.2.3.

AacPlus files don't really playback like they should... (seems to be an unlistenable thumpîng bass throughout each song and lots of distortion).
no, that sounds like you got a case of rap and hip hop.

j/k

--
Old 4th November 2011, 09:08   #231
nashie

hi, I'm having trouble the wireless setup on an Acer Aconica A500. everyime I go to open the wireless setup option and the program crashes. any options out there
nashie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 09:29   #232
o1160507

HTC Sensation - Winamp Pro 1.2.4

Single track repeating function dose not work.
o1160507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 21:05   #233
danep

Yeesh- wireless sync STILL wants to delete and re-sync every single track that's already on the phone, even after all of these "bug-fixing" updates...
danep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 16:05   #234
david_thelin

My Samsung Galaxy mini does not support wma. I thought that Winamp pro would fix my problems since I've heard that it is a stand alone player. When i installed it on my Galaxy mini it still doesn't play wma-files. My other phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) works fine with wma and Winamp pro, but not the mini. Will there be support for .wma files in Winamp pro in the future? Is the pro version still a piggy back on the built in player?

//David
david_thelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 10:36   #235
apa-sl

Is it possible to setup our own "root" folder for folder browsing? For example I would like see there only sdcard/music folder and be redirected to it when I press "root" in options menu instead of starting from the whole phone's system file tree.
apa-sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 11:39   #236
apa-sl

options invisible at song vertical screen

When using the player in vertical mode (default for a phone) not all options are visible - shuffle, repeat, equalizer, info. I can see that there are blank spaces on both sides of the song album cover. Maybe it would be wise to move the cover image to the left border of the screen and put missing buttons along the right border of the screen?

All these buttons are visible in horizontal player mode.
Old 27th November 2011, 11:41   #237
apa-sl

blank playlists when created fro folder browsing

Yesterday when I was folder browsing I have created and saved 2 playlists. Today when I wanted to play them both were empty. When I created them again but through album browsing - there were saved properly (although this was the less convenient way to browse in this case).

Additionally when I added songs from folder browsing it seemed that the player was not reading covers from them (but covers are there and are visible when playing the songs from e.g. songs browsing).
Old 27th November 2011, 11:54   #238
apa-sl

Not all options visible at song screen in vertical mode

When playing a song in vertical mode (the default in case of a cell phone) some buttons are invisible: shuffle, repeat, equalizer, info. At the same time there are blank spaces on both sides of the cover graphic. Maybe it would be wise to move the cover graphic to the left and put all the missing in vertical mode buttons on the right in a column?
Old 29th November 2011, 19:30   #239
ParalaX002

Hi

I would like to propose a feature. I haven't read everything, so sorry if someone already proposed this.

An awesome feature would be to be able, while driving, to adapt the volume with the speed of the vehicule. So, when you drive at 50km/h, your vehicule doesn't make a lot of noise: the music can be played at lower volume than when you are on the highway.

Also, preventing the screen to lock is important.

And a last feature that would be nice is to be able to set a default folder when you use the folder view. It's quiet anoying to click on sdcard, then Musique to get his music...

ParalaX
ParalaX002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 05:15   #240
knkillname

Ogg Support

Waiting for Ogg Vorbis gappless playback support... I mean, that is what Ogg Vorbis is all about.
knkillname is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
add, android, files, folder