Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Old 1st April 2012, 02:45   #281
Toliandar

Is there any work being done on having FLAC integrated into Winamp's standard library instead of having to use folders?
Toliandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 18:19   #282
Account Deleted #5

Can you please add a "sort by path and filename" option. I really hate the id3-tag sorting. Songs from the same album isn't located in the same folder. I would really appreciate it!
Old 12th May 2012, 15:13   #283
hellkt

While heading an album from an artist it would be nice to have the possibility to go back to the same artist's folder and select another album without having to go all the way back to winamp menu!
hellkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 14:31   #284
zabolots

When is the next update coming? I would like to see a final fix for the "resume playback position" bug.
zabolots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 09:08   #285
ace.king24

Music folders & deleted songs

How can I specify a certain directory in WinApp Pro for all my songs.

Does WinAmp keeps everything in memory or some temp folder? Because even if I delete a music folder from my SD card, winamp is still able to find & play that particular songs. I wonder how?

Is this a bug?
ace.king24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 14:48   #286
ciccillover

I can't get the Winamp widget to list among the available ones on my home screen. Tried reinstalling Winamp multiple times to no avail. I often use my Android phone as a player in my car (through the aux input of my car stereo), and this is a feature I can't live without.
Using Winamp free version (for now), on my Star B63M (Android 2.3.6).
ciccillover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 09:39   #287
ciccillover

Ok, I found the solution. If Winamp is installed to the SD card instead of the internal memory, the widgets are unavailable. This can happen on different models, too.
ciccillover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 20:34   #288
kustodian

You should never install any application that has widgets which you would like to use on an SD card. This is not an issue with Winamp, but a general limitation of an Android phone.

All newer Android phones have a lot of internal memory, so App2SD will never need to be used in the near future.
kustodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 14:45   #289
ShaleZero

The new version seems to have broken headset controls in Gingerbread. All button presses are now registering as double presses, so pausing a song only pauses it for half a second, until the phantom second tap registers and it starts playing again. Likewise, skipping a track now skips two tracks.
ShaleZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 16:25   #290
zabolots

1.3 still forgets playback position

Seriously, after all this time between releases and this bug couldn't be addressed?

If I'm playing a track and stop in the middle, quit Winamp and then start it up again, it forgets where it left off and plays from the start of the track. This issue has been around forever even though several previous releases were supposed to have fixed it.

Now I have to choose which is more important to me: functional headset controls (requires 1.3) or remembering playback position (I'll have to manually install the old 1.1.1 APK which is the last version that remembered playback position).

Come on guys, I'm begging you: please fix the playback position issue!!
Old 23rd June 2012, 08:03   #291
FALCON-LORD

Winamp Updated to 1.3.1 and my phone started complaining about low available memory (HTC Aria android 2.2) So I moved winamp to the SD (New Feature, how useful) The Widgets stopped working, so I removed the Widget and went to re add it but it was not available. I moved winamp back to the phone and tried again. The Widget was still not available. I uninstalled and re-installed, the widget is still not available.
I did not check if the widget was available before moving the app so I don’t know if it 1.3.1 or moving it to the SD, but it looks to be pretty broken now.
FALCON-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:21   #292
FALCON-LORD

Update on this… A Re-boot and the Widgets are available
FALCON-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 23:29   #293
christophe2009

Album art problem?

Since the last few days' updates, album art doesn't seem to be caching like it used to. As it was, I could go to browse album or whatever and all album art would appear instantly. Now, it takes a few seconds to appear. It's the same when scrolling through tracks when it's on shuffle - there's some lag before the art appears and, if I scroll through a few tracks at once, it seems to get some sort of backlog, whereby it'll momentarily display the art for the previous track before catching up with itself. It used to be so smooth with album art - what's changed?

I'm using a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S running Android 4.0.3.
christophe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 23:38   #294
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@christophe2009

Yup. We're working on fixing it :-)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2012, 03:28   #295
Ambient.Impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaleZero View Post
The new version seems to have broken headset controls in Gingerbread. All button presses are now registering as double presses, so pausing a song only pauses it for half a second, until the phantom second tap registers and it starts playing again. Likewise, skipping a track now skips two tracks.
I'm also experiencing this problem on my Nexus S with CyanogenMod 7.2.0. Hope it gets fixed soon! So frustrating.
Ambient.Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 18:04   #296
zabolots

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabolots View Post
Seriously, after all this time between releases and this bug couldn't be addressed?

If I'm playing a track and stop in the middle, quit Winamp and then start it up again, it forgets where it left off and plays from the start of the track. This issue has been around forever even though several previous releases were supposed to have fixed it.

Now I have to choose which is more important to me: functional headset controls (requires 1.3) or remembering playback position (I'll have to manually install the old 1.1.1 APK which is the last version that remembered playback position).

Come on guys, I'm begging you: please fix the playback position issue!!
Turns out that not all my devices are having this issue. My current Motorola DROID RAZR has it (with both Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich). My previous Motorola DROID2 had it (Gingerbread). However, I have an old Motorola Bravo (Froyo) that functions correctly with v1.3 (i.e. if I quit Wimamp in the middle of a track and restart it, it will resume playing from where it left off rather than going back to the beginning of the track).

I'm willing to help debug this issue. Is there any way to get logging information for Winamp to see why on my DROID RAZR it won't resume from the previous location in the track?

Scott
Old 26th June 2012, 08:14   #297
frank rabbit

Problems with the new version of winamp 1.3.1 for android. im using a sony xperia ray with android 2.3.4

crashing. winamp crashes every time the screen switches to landscape and then i try to switch back to portrait. every time. this only occurs when music is actually playing. my biggest annoyance with this is the problem has been occuring for every version winamp has put out. i have filed bug reports through winamp itself etc and again for this version but still no fix. its been about a year now.

album art rendering. album art rendering with this new version is now slow. everytime i open my album list or song list the embedded artwork takes an age to load up. the album art now appears in my android gallery so im guessing something has been changed, however it has to load the album art everytime. this is not a good user experience for me. the album art also now seems to be of a lower quality as if its not rendring properly. in past versions it was crisp.

I dont seem to have any problems other than those two, but im sorry those are pretty major problems.

Regards
frank rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 13:28   #298
frank rabbit

an update on this...

this morning i changed from the official sony gingerbread rom to cyanogenmod 9 RC.

winamp does now not crash at all when the screen rotates.

i still however think this is a bug that winamp should correct for sony offical rom users. winamp was almost unusuable with that bug and it was never fixed by the winamp guys.

i filed about 10 bug reports of it yesterday alone so hopefully someone might bother to take a look.

thanks.
frank rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:03   #299
toneknob

Hi,

I use WinAmp Pro for Android, using version 1.3.2 currently on my HTC Desire S. I am right in thinking that the Back/Previous track control button's behaviour has changed recently?

I'm sure it used to take me to the beginning of the current track (like you'd expect on a CD player). Now it takes me to the start of the previous track. "Correct" behaviour is of course debateable, I like the old way though, I'm more likely to want to start the current song than go back to the beginning of the one before it.

Any chance the button could revert to its old behaviour, or at least have the behaviour selectable by a user option?

Thanks!

Tony
toneknob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 09:08   #300
sabret00the

Send a message via AIM to sabret00the
When is ICS compatibility coming? I have a huge menu button at the bottom of my player.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 15:17   #301
civicmon

I still can't get my bluetooth headset to properly control Winamp. It will control it if Winamp is the default app but if I switch to another app, like Runkeeper and try to change the song, it'll bring up the stock player.

Also, when it does work and I hit the button to skip, it'll usually skip 2-3 songs like I've hit it 2 or 3 times.

Very annoying. On a Droid Bionic running Android 2.3.4 and no root. Please advise if I am missing something but I don't believe I am. Thanks.
civicmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 21:05   #302
Nomad199

Synch from Windows Vista laptop to Android 4 ICS on tablet

I currently have Winamp 5.623 with no 3rd party installations installed on 3 Windows computers at home. I use one XP laptop to rip CDs and download music, which is then transferred to a central location on a network drive. The same XP laptop is used to catalogue and rate the music on the network drive and create playlists according to type (eg chillout, party, workout) etc. I export the entire library and created playlists to the network drive music folder. From there the library and playlists are imported to the other computers. All computers therefore have the same view of the 5200+ music tracks and playlists. Naturally the music folder on the network drive is backed up to another drive ... just in case. Everything works fine. Excellent.

I recently bought a Storage Options Scroll Excel 7” tablet with Android 4.0 ICS and a 32GB Micro SD card, with the intention of transferring the music and playlists to it using the Winamp sync feature. I have installed Winamp pro on the tablet. I discovered that on my two XP machines Windows Explorer could ‘see’ the 8GB internal memory and the 32GB microSD card on the tablet but Winamp could only see (discover) the 8GB internal memory. On my Vista laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 1510) both Windows and Winamp could see the 8GB internal and the 32GB microSD card. I therefore used this laptop to try and sync with the Android tablet 32GB microSD card using a USB connection. After 2 or 3 hours all the music and playlists were transferred to the tablet. Unfortunately Winamp appears to have created a playlist for every album too, but those I can delete. More importantly my attempts to play any of the playlists I created (for example the chillout playlist) have so far been unsuccessful. The individual tracks are there and can be played by selecting by album or artist.

Have I done something wrong? I expected the synchronisation to re-reference my original playlist tracks to the new locations on the microSD card but this appears not to have happened. I really don’t like the thought of going through 5200+ tracks on my tablet and putting them into playlists again. Is there a way I can get the playlist synchronised properly on my tablet?
Nomad199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 22:18   #303
sir_mendez

Exclamation Winamp 1.3.1 play with keep alive option?

Hello...

I use Winamp 1.3.1 (and now 1.3.3) to listen shoutcast stations on the road . My internet connection is HSDPA (3G) and restores automatically on network coverage. Unfortunately, Winamp android can't do this. Still stops. Would not it be better to add an aggressive option "keep alive" or maybe extend the timeout option?

HTC Wildfire S A510e
Android 2.3.5, 2.6.35.10_htc-kernel
sir_mendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 23:26   #304
rcompton78

I just started using winamp to sync my galaxy s3. I am having problems with the wifi autofill. No matter what I set the percentage limit to, it wants to sync ALL my songs. Any ideas? Is this a known bug. I read someone earlier in this thread say that it works fine when connected via usb. I will try that tonight. Is this suppose to work over wifi??

Thanks in advance
rcompton78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 12:33   #305
fred1976

Features request

Hello,

I have 2 requests to make:

- It would be nice if ït was possible to choose a smaller version of the lock screen, like the android default player (something like 4x1). As it is, it prevents me to use the face recognition on my Galaxy S3, as winamp takes the whole screen.

- It would be nice if it was possible to set the backwards button to go to the beginning of the current song, and not to the song before (this feature exists on poweramp, I believe)

Thanks in advance to consider my requests!
fred1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 13:38   #306
Jano59

I have a bug on my Winamp Android, Samsung S3 ICS.

My guess is that the last que/playlist is to big for Winamp to handle. Every-time I start Winamp now it locks up and times out. So I am unable to use my preferred music player.

Anyone knows where Winamp place the que/list/config file ? My hope is to remove the last payed list of music or que file...

I am not sure if I cant get my paid version back if I uninstall Winamp on my phone, seems to remember being instructed not to uninstall or I would then loose my license file/add-ons or so?
Jano59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 15:09   #307
MyTjoe

Winamp, as do most 3rd party players, shares the playlist with Music Player (factory installed player). I don't know where that is stored (my guess is in RAM and not on SD or internal storage). You can try going to Music Player and deleting the largest playlists and see if that helps.
MyTjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 17:31   #308
Jano59

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTjoe View Post
Winamp, as do most 3rd party players, shares the playlist with Music Player (factory installed player). I don't know where that is stored (my guess is in RAM and not on SD or internal storage). You can try going to Music Player and deleting the largest playlists and see if that helps.
I tried to delete the big playlists, but no joy. I seems to be the "last played" music list inside Winamp that's teasing me. Also it seems that the factory player and Winamp does not share this "last played que".

Thanks for the answer anyhow, it certainly was worth a try
Old 18th July 2012, 17:47   #309
ppodjames

Winamp broken on Jelly Bean

winamp crashes on Jelly Bean whenever I try and play a song on my Galaxy Nexus

Its 100% repeatable:
1) select any song from the list of music
2) press the play button
3) winamp closes
ppodjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 18:34   #310
Jano59

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano59 View Post
I tried to delete the big playlists, but no joy. I seems to be the "last played" music list inside Winamp that's teasing me. Also it seems that the factory player and Winamp does not share this "last played que".

Thanks for the answer anyhow, it certainly was worth a try
Found a workaround. I could not wait anymore so I uninstalled winamp and winamp pro, restarted the S3 and reinstalled Winamp and Winamp pro.

That seemed to get it running again.

Old 5th August 2012, 12:50   #311
Nomad199

Got the problem solved. After clearing everything off the micro SD card I tried again, making sure I set the synchronisation preferences as I wanted, especially to transfer my playlists. After synchronisation was complete I disconnected the tablet, power cycled it. I noticed when I selected Songs that the song count continued to rise for a while and a circulating icon in the top right suggested continuing activity (Winamp reading the 25GB+ of information?). When the circulating icon disappeared everything seemed to be working fine.
Nomad199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 01:15   #312
iron2000

Whats this CleanupService I see starting by itself?

Also it would be great if Winamp for Android change to use the Holo UI.

Thanx
iron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 18:01   #313
Kafman

Bug report:

Version 1.3.6

Details:

Samsung Galaxy S3
Android 4.0.4
Winamp 1.3.6 Pro

The latest version broke the screen look multimedia controls, whenever you lock the screen, the Winamp controls won't show, and when you unlock it, Winamp will crash.

I had send the crash report via the Android crash report, please review this as it is very annoying and I bet a lot of users use this feature.

Awesome, just got version 1.3.7 and now it's fixed. Excellent job guys

Thanks.

Last edited by Kafman; 29th August 2012 at 20:01.
Kafman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 21:58   #314
RgnKjnVA

I've given up on Winamp for Android, uninstalled.
RgnKjnVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2012, 07:33   #315
kbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedicemaster View Post
amirdt: those are the few music apps that take the list, shred it to pieces, burn it, and then run their own check for music files.
kinda double, since it means your phone will be spending twice as much time looking for media files.
Then winamp should take the list, shred it to pieces, burn it and run its own check on music files. I find it hard to believe you're happy for a product as slick as winamp to not be able to filter out ringtones, alert tones podcasts and audiobooks.
kbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 16:32   #316
toneknob

I'm using Winamp Pro v1.3.7 on my HTC Desire S, Android 2.3.5.

Recently Winamp has been crashing whenever I delete an album from the Albums view (long press on album, click "delete", then "OK" to confirm). I have to restart my phone to free up Winamp - even though I can restart the app, I won't be able to play anything. Please fix!
Old 11th September 2012, 09:16   #317
toneknob

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneknob View Post
I'm using Winamp Pro v1.3.7 on my HTC Desire S, Android 2.3.5.

Recently Winamp has been crashing whenever I delete an album from the Albums view (long press on album, click "delete", then "OK" to confirm). I have to restart my phone to free up Winamp - even though I can restart the app, I won't be able to play anything. Please fix!
Same happens when I select "Clear Play Queue" from the Play Queue menu, I have recently discovered
Old 19th September 2012, 00:20   #318
WhammyDroid

On CM10(S3), Winamp sees two different locations for mp3s stored on an external SD card. One file will play, one will not. At some point, winamp crashes.
WhammyDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2012, 16:28   #319
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Album washer seems to break the exp:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=348471

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 21:48   #320
Xpgamer7

I have a bug but it's more closely related to Media Scanner than Winamp.
Originally Winamp wouldn't add a few new songs to the library(Through my external SD card) and I didn't want to play it through the folder every time. So I looked online and found a huge group who have had problems with a number of solutions. Following their lead I tried Media Scanners and many other tools but none worked. I scoured through the Winamp Forums and hundreds of pages from regular android sites. Eventually I had reinstalled winamp flushed the dalvik cache, cleared the media storage and done at least 40 media scans. I have at this point run out of pages, have used everything from startup app control to terminal commands. It's become clear that the problem is with media scanner over multiple music apps though Winamp may have been the original problem. I Have deleted all the new songs and even replaced the old ones but it won't work anymore and my library won't add anything from the external SD card. I even checked for .nomedia folders. If anyone can help please reply.
Xpgamer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
add, android, files, folder