Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Old 8th November 2012, 20:05   #321
1glimpse

Every track twice

Samsung Galaxy SII
Android 4.0.4

Winamp 1.4.1.

All my MP3 files are in a folder on the external SD card.

All files are listed twice everywhere, the first listed file will not play (it never starts playing but winamp doesn't crash). The second listed file is apparently the correct one and plays just fine.
Due to this bug playlists do not work any more, since the player apparently tries to play the "wrong file".
1glimpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 03:36   #322
GetAmped

Is there *any* hope that WinAmp for Android will handle basic tags properly? My FLACs are all properly tagged, the tags display correctly in the PC version both in my local media and when I select the Nexus 7 tablet. But WinAmp on the tablet is completely clueless about the album, artist, title, track, genre and year even those tags are in the media files.
GetAmped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 05:50   #323
alissonpc

I purchased the app to change program which used because the other did not read WMA. Google Play, on the navegation, said it had no incompatibilities with my Motorola Cliq/Dext (using Cyanogenmod 7.2 = Android 2.37) but after I bought and download the Pro key, i discover that the Pro funcions as the search for folders that was the reason for the purchase, did not work. Frustrated!

Nullsoft, launch an update to at least search for work folders on my device with the Pro key, Was $4,99 throwed away? Have i let 2 music programs on my Android cause one read MP3 only and is more "searchable" for the files than Winamp for Android?

I think an update could correct the things.
alissonpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 11:16   #324
peter123

Winamp for Android usability bugs

I like winamp for Android. However, as a basic music player there are two shortcomings:

1. After playing a file in a folder, the music player continues at the FIRST song of the folder, instead of the one following it. This is very annoying. Please continue playing the next logical song in the folder.

2. When going up from a folder to the parent folder, the scrollbar goes back to the top, instead of staying in the place where it was when I went into the folder. This is annoying.

3. Making playlists from within the folder view is difficult/impossible (I haven't figured out how to do it yet!)

Otherwise, I like winamp , so I hope you can fix these problems soon!
peter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 21:26   #325
dhochuli

Trouble with scrolling lyrics

Thanks for adding the lyrics; I really like that feature. Only about 10% of my lyrics scroll. The rest of them show up (unless they're not available), but don't scroll with the song. Wondering if that's a bug, or something on my end. I have 1.4.4 running on a Galaxy Nexus, Jelly Bean 4.1.1.
dhochuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 18:39   #326
jakkerd

Not sure if i should put it here. But will anyway .

I use winamp on my phone mainly in my car. When using the phone upright it displays beautifully large album art.

However i usually use my phone on it's side. Which looks like this:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...1-20-16-04.png

I Suggest this, if it's already possible, i can't seem to find the way to adjust this:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...shotupdate.jpg
jakkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 15:58   #327
evandenbroecke

Smile Sony Erricsson Ray ST18i

Hi,

I'm sure this has already been posted, but I to also have a number of bug issues to report about this winamp android app. I am sure its the latest as I just downloaded today.

Background on phone. Its out of the box Telus pre-paid phone. Model is Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray ST18i. It was Android 2.3 but I've updated the firmware to run 4.0.4 with the latest update. Build number 4.1.B.0.587, Device is rooted and has Samba file sharing installed.

Now just for sake of saying I have been a computer professional for over 20 years, so when I give you the details, it means I have tried everything I could think of in a logical manner.

First off, its the connectivity. For some reason when I connect my device via (in MTP mode) the cable, the winamp app discovers it, but it finds some random sound que directory on the phone somewhere. My guess is it a voice thing for the phone to talk to you while driving. Certainly not the music folder thats for sure. Updated: I tried disconnecting the phone and selecting auto-mount from the options menu. While it did show the correct folder as to where the music is located, I was not able to transfer anything using this mode. It eventually cause a hanging response in Winamp PC version and I had to shut it down.

So I connected the device in MSC (Mass Storage Mode) from the options in the settings on the phone. Winamp no longer recognizes the device. I didnt want to tamper with the files or objects winamp pc version found on the device so I just unplugged it.

Ok, so I tried to put a few songs in the "music" folder on the phone (using samba networking) and play it on the phone from the device. Winamp doesnt see the my music file I just put on the phone. However since the phone is brand new, it shows the sample songs, which I though I deleted while putting the song on the device, in the playlist. While the songs information and album art was there, it couldnt play the song.

Well the next step was to see if the wireless (android app) was working. I enabled it on the device, and discovered it with out a problem on the Winamp pc app. Found the demo songs, but also did not see the song I put on the device earlier with file sharing. I deleted demo songs winamp pc found and then transferred another song to the device using winamp pc this time. Played it on the device no problem.

So here is the problem in short. It seems the only way to get music on my device is by using the Winamp PC program to transfer it wireless to my device. Winamp android app will not see music transfer to the "music" folder in if using windows explorer, either by wireless or usb (MSC) connections. And that when connected in MTP mode it does not write to the correct music folder nor does it even see the directory where music is suppose to be stored.

While this is very nice day to day. I have a bit of a problem with that when it comes to mass transfers. See I just bought my device, and its going to take a long, very long time to fill that now. Cause well, wireless transfer of oh say a 1000+ songs takes not only a long time to select in Winamp with the current media library, but also because of simply wireless is a lot slower then usb transfer speeds. I would like to just drag and drop my music folder sometimes too just by using explorer. I hope you can see my problem here.

Updated: I was able to transfer my music to my phone, however the ONLY method was to connect the device with the droid app via the wifi selection and transfer it one by one (so to speak) via the Winamp desktop version. No other method as worked.

In the 20+ years I have been in the computer trade, I have always used Winamp on pc. Admittedly, I was an XMMS (linux clone) fan though.

Last edited by evandenbroecke; 5th December 2012 at 18:27.
evandenbroecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 20:50   #328
chris.smith.1961

Unhappy External SD Card support?

What about recognizing an external SD card ? I have one in my Galaxy S III and have moved over 8gb of songs to it. I listen based on genres, and having to create a playlist several hundred songs long with o n e s o n g a t a t i m e is a real pain in the butt! Please, you have GOT to add better SD card / playlist support. This is just painful.
chris.smith.1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 11:43   #329
p1x3lju1c3

Folder Play Bugs

Hi,

First of all: good work! I like winamp for Android very much.

However, as I almost exclusively browse and play music using folder-play, I would very much appreciate Winamp fixing two major bugs there:

1. Making playlists from within the folder view is not possible. Adding songs to playlists while browsing folders seems to work at first - but the songs do not appear on the playlists.

2. After playing a file in a folder, the music player continues at the first song of the folder, instead of the one following it. This is kind of annoying. (This only happens in the initial normal view of a specific folder and does not happen when changing to playlist-view first.)

Looking forward to an update!
p1x3lju1c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 15:30   #330
evandenbroecke

I was wondering if anyone was looking at this page... sure would be nice to get at least an acknowledgement from someone at Winamp.

Also if I may point out some improvement... With regards to playing your playlist and searching for a song to play... Often I want to hear one song on my playlist, searching for it on my device is a pain, takes too long. If use the search functions, what I dont like about that is that you find the song and play it and winamp clears your playlist and cues only that song/album. I just want it to play that song and return to the playlist I loaded.

Thanks,
Old 14th December 2012, 16:55   #331
TigerClaw

I dont know if this has ever been posted, But ever since upgrading to the new versions, All the streams that I manually added no longer displays the screen that shows whats playing. The stream would play, But Winamp for Android would be unresponsive and the live stream would continue playing until I exit Winamp. The reason why I added a couple of streams manually cause Shoutcast doesn't find most of the live streams I listen to. Now it seems anything I add will no longer display the information when it connects to the feed.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 13:47   #332
marvinduiker

How many songs do you guys have in your playlist? Recently i put around 4.000 songs on a sd-card but winamp crashed and all the music files on the sd-card were removed. So how should i avoid this in the future?

Is there anything to say about a maximum playlist length?
marvinduiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2012, 21:51   #333
Elliottebbs

Ratings and two way sync of ratings for winamp android please!
Regards
Elliot
Elliottebbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 01:28   #334
evandenbroecke

ok, again still wondering if anyone in winamp is looking at this forum... if you expect me to be buying the pro version for my phone any time soon we had better get better support here... this is rediculous and so far hasnt convinced me at all into investing any of my hard earn money into this program. Whats really sad from me saying that is this... I have been using Winamp since your first early days of development. Yeah, really since Winamp v1 (what ever the full release was). So know this, if this dont change, your going to loose a very loyal user!

Now that the rant is over, and sorry for that, more bugs to report. Winamp itself is very unstable often not working or crashes during play. Also something very annoying, the playlist will often repeat the same song again after just playing it. Sometimes even advancing the song to play another plays the same song. My playlist is 550 songs and growing so I really dont think there should be a problem with finding something else to ques. Anyways the playlist function really needs work, big time. A lot of times what really gets me is I'll stop music playing for a while and then start it up again, often on my walks, the playlist doesnt change, plays the same stuff over and over... random play should be that, random. You need a random number generator and make it exclude the last 20 or so songs played in the playlist. My thoughts anyways.

Thanks for listening from a loyal Winamp user.
Old 12th January 2013, 18:48   #335
nemo6277

Hey team

I know I created a thread already but I just wanted to post it up here ,
Can you guys please make the lyrics scroll more smoothly

Please and thank you
nemo6277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 05:55   #336
klausmmia

Winamp on my PC, rocks...winamp in my lappy, rocks....n now winamp on my andoroid...rock much better. I am enjoying it!!!
klausmmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 22:11   #337
mputtr

I wish there will be an option in wireless syncing to choose where to save the files so i do not have to deal with MTP's issues.
I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 (International) and there is no known way for me to mount the file as USB Mass Storage. MTP also has issues where it is incapable of transferring some files. I've been able to download those same exact songs when I plug the microusb card to the system, but not when it's done via MTP.

Another thing to wish for is:
When syncing playlists and such, I really wish that winamp doesn't have to redownload ALL my music everytime I resync. Can it not just check to see if the files are already there and leave it alone ?

Lastly:
Synced music files via MTP are not recognized. A song will be shown 1 way on the desktop winamp, but when it gets downloaded to the phone, it shows a different name and everytime i sync it, it asks if I want to delete those files because it doesn't recognize the file and when i look at it, it shows that they're redownloading the same exact file.. just that winamp is displaying the same exact file differently.
mputtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2013, 04:35   #338
hiphip

can we please get better m3u handling?

- m3u listins should populate off the disk when the media scanner runs after each reboot.
- m3u files should never be deleted from disk after added to the winamp database.
- there needs to be a way to delete every m3u file on the disk, when an entire audio collection is reloaded.
- there needs to be a way to "check" which m3u files we wish to delete.
...deleting m3u files 1 at a time is rather annoying and can be a difficult task for users with a very large music collection

FLAC support, everyone else has it why shouldn't winamp android?

random playback of directories and/or specific folders, etc
hiphip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 20:26   #339
MedNZ

Thumbs down Still bug-ridden after all this time

Hello to any devs that might be listening.
Used Winamp on the PC for more than a decade. Excellent app! Congrads! However, after only god knows how long on Android it is still, and inexcusably - for a paid app, bug-ridden. Here we go;

Major issues
1. App stops playing (and doesn't resume) when I move and/or delete files via My Files. Happens as soon as files reach their destination and I get the popup confirming the move/delete. Happens with non-music files (.vcf in this case) and the files are not in any folder Winamp is using.

2. Play/Pause button often doesn't restart play - both normally and after returning from a screen-off state. If it works it needs multiple pushes.

3. If I stop a track part way through then come back to the app and slide the slider back to the start of the song then exit the app it will not then play from the beginning of the track. It will keep playing from the position it was at before I moved the slider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastpersononweb View Post
After applying metadata or album art, the "saving tags...please wait" pop-up stays on screen and won't close. I need to force close the app for it to stop.
Same here. After using Album Washer since it was introduced until now this problem still hasn't been fixed! Seems the OP was ignored...hopefully this post won't be.

5. The playlist order changes after not using the app for a while. Obviously I do not have Randomize or Repeat functions turned on. The order is usually disrupted by 2 (sometimes 3) places, ie:
1. Track 1
2. Track 2
3. Track 3
4. Track 4
5. Track 5
6. Track 6

after an extended period of inactivity the above playlist order will become something like

1. Track 5
2. Track 6
3. Track 1
4. Track 2
5. Track 3
6. Track 4

This bug has been present for more than a year and is a complete pain in the butt! I have to manually drag the out of place tracks to the bottom of the list or clear the playlist and re-play the folder. The latter is the quicker of the two, especially if there are more than say 15 or 20 songs in the playlist.

Possible major issue
6. At a glance battery usage seems ok - after a whole day of usage and a couple of hours of playing music the CPU usage (total and foreground) seem acceptable but the Keep Awake stats are something to be desired. It often goes above two hours and I've heard that a lot of Keep Awakes will drain the battery.

Minor issues
7. Some updates will install smoothly over a previous version while others need the app to be uninstalled first. Have no idea why this is the case.

8. Settings-Miscellaneous-Set Device Name setting often doesn't remember what has been input after a new install. Note that I do not clear the app's data before or after an install.

9. Gracenote results can be way off at times. Not sure if this is a problem with data sent from Winamp or on the other end but it could perhaps be looked into.

And on a final note - and this is my personal opinion - you SHOULD make the app exit when exited and not hang around in memory. Responsible coding please!

I encourage everyone here to post their problems and give feedback. By all means quote parts of this post and shout to Nullsoft and tell them THEY NEED TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER. Seems they aren't taking their users' opinions seriously. Check out the Google Play comments from people who are experiencing problems and you will know what I am referring to. Let's hope something is done about all these serious bugs!

Info
Device: Motorola DROID RAZR (XT910, GSM)
Android Version: 2.3.6
Winamp Version(s): Always latest versions - currently 1.4.10
Note: both free and paid versions of Winamp experience the above problems

Usage/Settings
Standard install on internal SD card w/4x2 Widget
Almost all music is played through headphones
I have no other settings, ie: Auto Mount, Scrobbling, Replay Gain, SHOUTcast etc enabled, don't use WiFi and do not use Winamp to sync to the PC
Have tried playing with settings including; Settings-Miscellaneous-Use Lock-screen Player and Settings-Miscellaneous-Control Headset but makes no difference to the appearance and frequency of the bugs mentioned above
MedNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 03:22   #340
edwin4321

WIFI dont work with winamp agent running

here's a weird one using 1.410 on a gs3 3392 on msi gt70 laptop win 8 Cant connect to wifi if winamp agent is on weird huh but as soon as I exit winamp agent winamp sees my droid right away.
edwin4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 08:41   #341
majic79

Bluetooth Playback and Persistent playlist

I'm looking for a decent music player and I was pleased to see WinAMP still kicking the llama's ass (I grew up with WinAMP on Win98 back in the 90's). I use my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) to feed my bluetooth headunit in my car, there's a few features that seem to be missing and making WinAMP more of a nuisance than a help and preventing me sploshing the dosh on the pro version:

1) Persistent playlist - the Samsung music player keeps track of the list of music it's currently playing (either the album, the playlist or some other list of music I've asked it to play) and when it re-connects to the car, it picks up where it left off (even after closing down the application). The last thing I want to do is realise just after pulling out of the car park that I'm playing the first track of the first album of music on my phone and then start fiddling with the phone to get back to the playlist I had before and then find the track in the playlist.

2) Bluetooth information feedback - my headunit displays the current track, album, artist information, and sometimes playback time remaining. Aside from playback time, all that info comes through the Samsung player, but not with WinAMP player - would be nice to have the info on the display

3) Quicklist - a nice feature on the Samsung player is the ability to maintain a quicklist, just browsing my music when I'm idle and deciding to add it to the quicklist for later listening
majic79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 11:30   #342
maxsim666

Unhappy file forma not supported

I just updated my winamp player in my android jellybean sony xperia go st27i, i also upgraded to pro, but alas always same error, file format non supported, i can play same mp3 files with sony integrated walkman widget and with vlc for android, so I reckon it must be a winamp issue after last update
maxsim666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 23:25   #343
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yup, it looks like playback is broken in 1.4.11 for Sony Xperia

We've received a few other reports.

Stay tuned for a fix.

@maxsim666
Were you experiencing any choppy playback or random pausing issues with 1.4.10?
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 04:45   #344
maxsim666

Hi DJ Egg
thanks for your reply, I hope you will deliver a fix soon, I upgraded to pro because I felt keen on winamp.
To answer you, I did not experienced choppy playback or random pausing with former version of winamp, I just can't play my files (any kind of them, mp3 wma ...) since last update.
Best wishes
Maxsim
maxsim666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2013, 06:16   #345
bolo451

Force Close after multiple reinstalls

HTC EVO 4G
Android-Version 2.3.5
Winamp for Android 1.4.11

Installed on internal
Total internal 512
Internal free 134

Uninstall and reinstall multiple times. Upon execution get the following:

Sorry!

The application Winamp (process com.nullsoft.winamp) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force close

This is just recent. (last couple of months) First install (about 2 years ago) went flawlessly. Worked for over a year. All other apps on phone work fine. Reseated SD card, but Winamp installed internal, for widgets to work.

Is this a known issue now? Searched all forums, and cannot find a confirmed resolution.

Thanks in advance for any help. Really like Winamp for Android. Relegated to stock HTC app for now. Okay, but not Winamp. Hate to have to shop for an alternative to "The Lama."
bolo451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2013, 11:53   #346
jfgoodhew1

Improvements

Hi guys! Suggestions:

1. Include a "Delete from storage device" option from the playlist screen. It's annoying having to go back to the media list to delete a track.

2a. Allow storing equalizer settings per track, so every time you play them they sound just perfect (Pro only, of course!). Would be VERY willing to pay for this support as a separate app like the others you can buy e.g. lyrics.

2b. Even allow another level, so choosing which speaker you're plugged into will pull up that set of stored EQ settings for each track. So, you can set it per speaker if you have the time or inclination. Even being able to upload those EQ settings per track into a database somewhere, so others can get the benefits..?

3. (been said before, but) Gapless playback. A lot of albums really need it to sound comfortable.

4. Allow us to set WinAmp as default media player (sorry if it's there already, should be more obvious if it is like when you open Firefox it asks if you want to make it default browser automatically). That would stop the native player taking over all the time

Thanks guys, keep up the good work!
jfgoodhew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 17:35   #347
RhysSpell

List Albums after choosing Genre

I choose Genres in Winamp for Android.
I get the list of genres like Rock, Heavy Metal, Soundtrack ...
I choose Soundtrack
Now I get a list of the single titles of every album with the genre "soundtrack". The titles are sorted by title name. So they are mixed up.

It makes more sense to group the list by albums or by band.
Or to List the Albums after choosing Genre.
RhysSpell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 18:25   #348
midsole

Skipping is better but still jumps around when pause/unpause

1.Skipping is better, haven't noticed any obvious skips like before.

but....

2. If I pause a track and then unpause I sometimes get a jump to an earlier point in the song where I had paused/exited the app.
2a. or it skips to another point in another song in the play list
2b. or it fills the playlist with random songs, trashing all the other entries, and starts one of them.

There's something wrong with the pause and playlist itellya!
midsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2013, 07:55   #349
midsole

Doesn't save song position frequently enough

If the app exits having used the quit winamp button, then the song position is saved fine.

If android system decides to kill it, or more likely winamp hangs and dies, it returns to the last song you paused, which could be twenty places back in the play list.

You're also likely to find your play list has been reordered.
midsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 15:10   #350
gageracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by midsole View Post
If the app exits having used the quit winamp button, then the song position is saved fine.

If android system decides to kill it, or more likely winamp hangs and dies, it returns to the last song you paused, which could be twenty places back in the play list.

You're also likely to find your play list has been reordered.
This happens too much to me nowadays.I don't because my phone has low RAM (512mb) or its android playback system is broken.I was able to do multitasking while listening music fine, but now i can't even look my photos in my photo album.This also happens with my regular (Walkman) app too so i am pretty sure my phone is dying, but needed to report it anyway.
gageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 21:53   #351
mkj

Album Washer not reported as installed on Restricted User account.

Nexus 7 2013 + stock Android 4.3 + Winamp Pro + Album Washer

Runs fine on my unrestricted user account. On a restricted user account I can launch Winamp, but Album Washer shows up as not purchased. Looks like an issue with in-app purchases?
mkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 21:56   #352
mkj

Winamp for Android crashing when switching user accounts.

Nexus 7 2013 + stock Android 4.3 + Winamp Pro + Album Washer

Switching between a Restricted User account and unrestricted one. If I start winamp one one account, and then switch to the other, winamp won't run. Oddly enough launching winamp from Winamp Pro works fine. Killing the app under the first account does not resolve the issue. I have to reboot Android to be able to use Winamp under another account.
mkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 11:40   #353
Raziello

Choppy playback

Hi

I've been using Winamp for a lifetime on my computer and I started using it on my android phone some time ago. Firstly I had Sony Xperia Neo V and it seemed to work fine. A couple of days ago I changed my phone to Sony Xperia Z1 and that's when I started having some strange issues. The main and most annoying one is that after the interrupt (it may be phonecall, alert, remainder, anything) the playback is shattered, choppy, unclean and basically everything goes straight to hell :/. Strange part is that sometimes it goes away immediately and sometimes nothing can help me - even restart of the app and I have to stop listening.

Please send some replies if you are encountering the same problem.
Raziello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 10:13   #354
Mirat
Banned

Zgadzam się z Tobą.
Mirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 14:28   #355
Bashmack

Winamp Android features/bugs discussion thread

COunt

Even I downloaded the winamp thinking the same thing.. It sucks how ppl just follow the itunes features..

I took to Android to avoid the Apple non-sense and finally find the same thing in Android too.. Please please enable folder play back.. I am sure it is easy and simple for a player which can do much more..
Bashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
add, android, files, folder