Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Old 27th October 2011, 15:01   #41
Tomtrek

I can also confirm that the latest update has essentially broken playback using Winamp on my phone.

When I first upgraded it couldn't play anything at all, as others have experienced, but once i reinstalled it will play files except continuously stuttering making listening impossible.

HTC Legend running Android 2.2
Tomtrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 22:48   #42
HMPsae

Very broken

Since the upgrade it only plays ever other song. In fact, so dedicated is it to this idea that if it gets to the second to last song on a play list it will then jump ahead to the first essentially putting the list on repeat. The fact that a media player can't play songs back in order is crazy especially after I spent money to upgrade to Pro.

On a Desire HD running Android 2.3
HMPsae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 23:49   #43
FALCON-LORD

I am also suffering from the no Playback issue
HTC Aria Running Droid 2.2
It looks like it is now Uber Broken
[EDIT]Uninstalling then re-installing seems to have addressed this issue[/EDIT]
FALCON-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 06:51   #44
PsychoEddie

WiFi sync only works in one direction, from the mac to the android, but not from the android to the mac like it does on a pc. I want to sync my phone to my mac, not my mac to my phone. Also, winamp will not id the android if the charge cable is plugged into the phone. Add a menu item that says "Find phone" that forces winamp to look for a wireless connection. I want to "Know" it's looking for my phone rather than wondering why nothing is happening. Wireless sync on a pc is pretty tight, just implement that on the mac version.
PsychoEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 07:06   #45
FALCON-LORD

The re-install fixed winamp not working at all, but now it is suffering from the stuttering others have described.
It plays the first track fine, then the second one is played in 1.5 second increments with 1.5 second pauses.
Not good at all.
Old 28th October 2011, 15:08   #46
wibbly pig

Upgraded to 1.2.1, unfortunately no change in the button control behavior, I need to open winamp before it will take control of the headphone buttons. I've also noticed that if I stop it for longer than a few minutes it will "lose" the place it paused in, and restart at the beginning of the song (which isn't fun when you listen to 40+ minute DJ sets ), and of course it loses control of the headphone buttons as well..

I hope this will get addressed in 1.2.2
wibbly pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 18:03   #47
Ad0lphous

Thumbs down New "fixed" upgrade not working.

I concur with previous statement about the 1.5 second pause then 1.5 seconds of music repeated. Same issue on my LG Optimus S. Makes the app completely useless. I've been an avid winamp user for years. Very disappointed. I just went back to 1.1.1 For you that want to do the same here's a link: http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...namp_1.1.1.apk

Please fix this soon so I can upgrade to pro.
Ad0lphous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 19:55   #48
Hawk

Can someone tell me on what location Winamp for Android v1.2.2 is installed on an android phone? I would like to clean up all traces of the app before I reinstall it for the 8th time. Thanks.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2011, 19:47   #49
ngh007

Angry shoutcast not working

Hi, Im running the latest winamp update on my HTC Desire Z with Android. Since the update, none of my saved shoutcasts are working - says "failed to play requested stream".. same issue as this one below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
sigh... Still no aac+ streams listed in search, still no way to enter a stream URL manually, still no m3u (didn't test .pls but I bet it doesn't work either). Still recommending competitors for our streaming station so that droid users can listen.

Needed to edit because no shoutcast streams are working for me, just says "failed to play the requested stream" on all of the streams that I tried.

FYI I downloaded this from the market about 15 minutes ago so I assume it is the latest versions, think it said 1.1.1. Installed on my Archos 43it "tablet" running the latest firmware, Android 2.2.x)
ngh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 02:20   #50
FALCON-LORD

My system has just been updated to 1.2.2 and it is also stuttering in the same way as 1.2.1
Could I suggest rolling back and/or suspending the application in the market place because this is a fundamental issue and you will be receiving bad reviews from it until it is fixed.
Old 31st October 2011, 09:04   #51
wibbly pig

1.2.2 is here, and the same problems remain.

It's almost like winamp gets shut down if it's paused for more than a few minutes, the headphone buttons no longer control winamp, and it restarts songs at beginning instead of where they were paused..

1.1.x worked so well, I'm now back using the default android player because it doesn't have any of these problems.
wibbly pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 22:29   #52
it's not very...

I tested today the new version, and I disappointed to see that the problem is unresolved and the program crash on asus transformer with HC 3.2 when try to open a song or anything else. The same when I try to connect with pc by wi-fi. Sorry for my poor english.
it's not very... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 20:42   #53
bigvikesfan

Very disappointed that Bluetooth controls were largely broken with v1.2.x. How do I downgraded and get my $4.99 back for the pro version. This upgrade was Big step BACK.
bigvikesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 20:47   #54
Chris Diack

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhand View Post
First off, thanks so much for giving Android a proper music player.

There are some things I would like to see happen (if possible):

1) I really enjoy the crossfade feature in Winamp. Will it be coming to the Android version?

2) While listening to music, when a text or email is received, the song cuts out to play the notification sound. Other apps, like CardioTrainer, allow the notification sound to play on top of the song (the song is just dampened a little). That would also be a great feature.

On a great note, I am so very happy that Winamp will play right after a call has ended. For some reason, the Android music player and other music apps do not do that any more. Great work!

I look forward to the finished product!
Ditto to the crossfade suggestion... been looking at Android as a O/S for simple radio automation... Any thoughts in this regards?

Chris in New Zealand.
Chris Diack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 21:26   #55
FALCON-LORD

Just tried out 1.2.3 It ran fine for about 20 minutes then started with the same stuttering as it had in 1.2.2.
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:28   #56
FALCON-LORD

Today I found further information regarding the stuttering music. It didn’t give me 20 minutes of good music today, The difference between when it did and didn’t was turning on Random. With Random off I got 20 minutes before it went bad. With Random on, it fails on the second track.
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:51   #57
Einstein47

I posted my findings in a different thread, but it looks like this is the main thread for "user testing". For me - it has to do with the text scrolling back and forth of the song title. If I have my phone landscape mode, I get normal playback. If I turn my phone profile, the playback stutters every time the text scrolling changes direction. As soon as I turn off the screen, the stuttering happens all the time.

I'll try the random / shuffle mode, and see if that makes a difference.

-= Einy =-
Einstein47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 09:46   #58
Drihscol

Just tried the latest update on my Xperia Play on 2.3.4
I am happy to report that the track skipping issue is resolved!

However, when i tried to setup my equalizer, it and the preamp had no effect, (yes i turned it on.)
Drihscol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:22   #59
modarius

are there plans to make flac detectable by winamp? browsing through folders to listen to my music is getting really irritating not to mention i can't scrobble this way. plus the fact that when i choose a song from an album it adds all the songs to the queue but SHUFFLES them. i can't even just listen to an album from start to finish without having to go through and manually sorting it. please fix this. i beg of thee
modarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 08:57   #60
o1160507

Single track repeat does not work

Bug report: Single track repeat does not work on V1.2.4 (HTC Sensation).
o1160507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 11:39   #61
FALCON-LORD

Well 1.2.4 still hasn’t fixed the playback failure, it has changed it. On random it played successfully for 15 to 20 minutes, then started distorting, and stuttering. The distorting is new but it is still broken.
Old 7th November 2011, 01:53   #62
FALCON-LORD

The good news.
It looks like 1.2.5 has corrected all of the stuttering and distorting issues. I ran it on Random for several hours yesterday with 2 one hour blocks and it ran without issue.
Old 7th November 2011, 19:25   #63
Hawk

My freezing problems have been solved. Thanks to the Winamp Android team for a job well done!
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 00:34   #64
Tel Prydain

I seem to be having this issue now... Sometimes the app just stops playing music.
Winamp PRO 1.2.5
Samsung Galaxy G2, Model GT-I9100
Android version 2.3.5
Most songs stored on external SD Card, but this effects songs on the handset too.

Sometimes randomly through the day, or often after a song is paused, the app will stop playing. Pressing the play/pause key will switch the icon, but the app doesn't start playing and the progress bar doesn't move. Skipping to a new song doesn't help - the progress bar stays on 00:00 and nothing happens.

Like you, the only way to fix it is to restart the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielvago View Post
I just downloaded the newest version of Winamp for my HTC Desire android, and the first thing I did was upgrading it to "pro".

I have an issue:

It doesn't play music. One could say this is a pretty big issue.
I pick a song but the bar (that shows where you are in the song) doesn't move. I have tried to pause/unpause and move it around the song, as well as trying several songs.
I have also tried to restart my phone.

I also tried the stock music player and that works just fine.

EDIT:

I just re-installed it and now it works.

EDITEDIT:

Ok, the problem is still there. I just tried to play songs from an album and nothing would play. Then I went to another album, played a song and went to the first album whilst that was playing, and now it worked.
Additional information:
* Uninstalling and re-downloading does not help - the issue is still there
* You can trigger the bug 80% of the time by pausing a song and then skipping a song
Tel Prydain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 03:22   #65
davis.rob

I'm also having the same issue with 1.2.5 where Winamp just stops playing. For me it's easily reproducible by just switching from one album to the next. Start playing an album, it's OK ... pause the playback, go back to the "home" screen and select another artist/album and press 'play'. Says it's playing but no sound and no progress. You can press the pause/play and it changes the icon, but nothing really happens. The only way to re-start it is to 'kill' the app with the Task Manager.

This is on a Samsung Galaxy S II on Sprint (aka Epic Touch 4G). Hoping for a fix soon.

Thanks,

Rob
davis.rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 21:26   #66
Tel Prydain

Killing with the task manager is lot less annoying than rebooting the phone!

That wasn't working for me because I was trying to exit winamp, so it wasn't in the task manager to kill! So, switch tasks and kill the winamp task DOES restore service.
Tel Prydain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2011, 18:21   #67
HiAmplitude

Winamp Android Pro 1.26 doesn't start at all!

Anybody with some good advice?
System: Samsung Galaxy SII (GT-I9100), Android v2.34
Error msg:
"The application Winamp (process com.nullsoft.winamp) has terminated unexpectedly. Please try again"

It worked fine on the day of original installation, but now none successful program start for days.
Thanks for further help!
HiAmplitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 22:15   #68
FALCON-LORD

I am also now experiencing the issue where it stops playing after 3 or 4 tracks on 1.2.7
Old 1st December 2011, 21:26   #69
bigvikesfan

Where?

Where is v1.2.8?
Old 13th December 2011, 08:52   #70
Skutah

I buy last week pro edition.

I like Winamp for Android, but one problem i have. I I'm listening 2hour trance sets. Then i put music to pause music stops. Later when i want continue listening music offen from the beginning.

When music is on pause short time, then music continues from the same place when i stops.

I have 1.2.7 version.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy Xcover, 2.3.6.

The file size 100Mb ->

Last edited by Skutah; 13th December 2011 at 11:15.
Skutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 13:06   #71
HiAmplitude

probably caused if folders or song files are deleted, so winamp media library revolts.
Meanwhile I reset winamp data in the system app mgmt feature. So winamp is working again for the price of losing created playlists and equalizer settings ..
HiAmplitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 10:45   #72
herete

1.27 stutters when locking the phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus). Looking forward to 1.28 fixed version.
herete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 10:44   #73
bigvikesfan

Disappointed in v1.2.8

I believe that v1.2.8 does now resume where a song leaves off when stopped but still is not the default player for my Bluetooth car stereo (Sony MEX-BT2600) when I start the music from its controls.

As long as we had to wait for this release I thought for sure this issue would have been resolved. So to say the least I'm disappointed. Prior to v1.2.x it worked. Oh well back to v1.1.1 (thanks for keeping this available).

My questions are:
  1. Was this to be resolved with this release?
  2. Can we have a list of fixes being worked on for 1.2.9 and is this on the list?
Old 18th December 2011, 18:38   #74
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
good question!

i think it would be a really good idea for the devs to list known issues, and also indicate what priority those issues are being worked on, (one assumes all known issues are on the agenda), and what issues are meant to be resolved by what version. all this is done in winamp proper. (what ver history there is, is hard to read on the app)

i think users should be allowed to vote on known issues and influence the priority that way as well.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 12:17   #75
ayesha14

Thanks for information
ayesha14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 00:31   #76
FALCON-LORD

Wins and Losses. We have both
In December Last year I uninstalled winamp because the issues with it stopping play and stuttering were making it unusable as a music playing product. 2 weeks ago I thought I’d give it another run and installed 1.2.12.
I note that media button controls are able to pause and restart winamp (In this case simulated by Tasker scripts) So that is a big Win!!!
On the downside it is now regularly dropping the playlist while playing back. So after half an hour or so of play it just stops.
Now I don’t want to go back to my standard phone app because the random on it is Garbage, and winamp actually performs random properly. Add to this the 1X4 widget and you are on a winner (even if the lock screen is a bit clunky)
But non of this has any value if you can’t get the basic functionality of Load and reliably play music sorted.
I for one will purchase the Premium product when I can trust it will play. Please get this basic functionality sorted out.
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:36   #77
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Winamp For Android v1.3 Released (21 June 2012)
http://blog.winamp.com/2012/06/21/al...or-android-1-3

* New: Album Washer - album art and metadata service (requires in-app purchase)
* New: Winamp In-app Store
* New: Move to SD Card feature
* New: Support for ALAC (Apple lossless codec) - available in Pro only
* New: Hungarian language support(15 total languages)
* Improved: Ice Cream Sandwhich support
* Improved: SHOUTcast search & notification labeling
* Fixed: Loss of Pro status on some in-app purchases
* Fixed: Various memory and bug fixes

Update = 1.3.1 (22 June 2012)

* Fixed: Crash when launching Winamp on Android 2.1 OS
* Fixed: Widget player crash
* Fixed: SHOUTcast playback stability

Latest version = 1.3.2 (27 June 2012)

* New: Dynamic image resolution for Album Washer's All Results screen
* Fixed: Bug relating to high CPU usage
* Fixed: "Gallery" app populated with images of album covers
* Fixed: Art not refreshing on WiFi sync
* Fixed: Album washer message disappearing when rotate Now Playing
* Improved: Album art thumbnail loading in track and album lists

Please also refer to the new FAQ
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=345744

You can post suggestions for the FAQ here.
Anything you think needs adding?
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 09:58   #78
rrozema

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
Winamp For Android v1.3 Released (21 June 2012)
Anything you think needs adding?
Yes, PLEASE stop breaking bluetooth support with every major release...

We need:
- bluetooth controls that work when winamp is not front-most application.
- bluetooth streaming music that when re-connected, resumes playback from where it stopped when it got disconnected from the BT device.
- bluetooth controls that start winamp when the bt connection is (re-)connected, instead of the HTC-rom-based-so-i-can-not-remove music player.
- bluetooth controls that work when winamp is moved onto the SD card.
- winamp music that automatically mutes when google maps speaks (driving instructions).
- winamp music that automatically resumes playback after google maps spoken instructions are finished.
- winamp music that automatically mutes when a phone call is started.
- winamp music that automatically resumes when a phone call is ended.
- Separate volume controls for winamp music and Google maps voice.
rrozema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 13:23   #79
Jano59

WinAmpXmas wish list....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrozema View Post
Yes, PLEASE stop breaking bluetooth support with every major release...

We need:
- bluetooth controls that work when winamp is not front-most application.
- bluetooth streaming music that when re-connected, resumes playback from where it stopped when it got disconnected from the BT device.
- bluetooth controls that start winamp when the bt connection is (re-)connected, instead of the HTC-rom-based-so-i-can-not-remove music player.
- bluetooth controls that work when winamp is moved onto the SD card.
- winamp music that automatically mutes when google maps speaks (driving instructions).
- winamp music that automatically resumes playback after google maps spoken instructions are finished.
- winamp music that automatically mutes when a phone call is started.
- winamp music that automatically resumes when a phone call is ended.
- Separate volume controls for winamp music and Google maps voice.
I second that emotion... All the above would be very good and some even needed!

My winamp crashes all the time right now, I think its because my playque/playlist is to big.
Since I cant even start it now, it remembers last playlist/que.... So one wish more could be..

Crash discovery that gives the option to reset the playque/list or something like that.
Jano59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 13:56   #80
GetAmped

Tagging/metadata

Please explain why I need to purchase and use a separate app on my Nexus 7 tablet to replace the metadata already in my FLACs that are not transferred from my PC to my tablet. I have already meticulously tagged all my files with Artist, Album, Title, Track, Genre and Year.
GetAmped is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android