Old 2nd April 2013, 03:45   #121
drlard

Got it working (again)

I had this working for a long time, however, I would just lose the connection mid song or during a song change...

BUT, it just stopped working again after I updated the firmware on my router.

I couldn't get it to work, went through some of the fixes - and knowing it had just worked before my router update - that none of them would work for me.

One thing that did happen during the update though, was that I lost all my settings...which forced me to go through all the options I can think of. I noticed that I had a new setting called "Enable IPv4 Multicast Streams". The description reads:

"IPv4 Multicast Streams
The router uses the IGMP protocol to support efficient multicasting -- transmission of identical content, such as multimedia, from a source to a number of recipients."

This WASN'T checked. Once I checked it and hit save, the router reset itself and now it's working.
drlard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 18:50   #122
dynamicradio

I to have had this problem. I tried the beta and had it working for a day for it to stop since. If it is a problem my end it is strange that it did originally work and that lots of other people have this problem.
dynamicradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 15:01   #123
curta

Thumbs down Same problem LG Optimus 2x Android 2.3.4

Connected first time and I sent files fine.

Now it won't discover, discover button doesn't seem to even try to do anything when you click it on the PC... I tried the latest beta winamp on PC.. still doesn't work, tried connecting/reconnecting, tried disabling network adapters and internet connection sharing.

The sync is broken. Fix it please. This is why try before you buy should be the law, companies advertise features that don't even work. Will fix it eventually is not good enough.

Windows 8 Pro 64 bit With Media Center
curta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 02:39   #124
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
one thing to check is your network
wifi has to be in password mode
and firewall has to allow access to files on the network
some firewalls you have to verify setting to make sure it reads the other devices on the network

also sometimes the way windows restarts may cause issues
ive noticed after any windows updates i have to restart twice to get reconnection to the phone

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
robdog2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2013, 05:57   #125
Lord_Funkmonkey

Guys, to fix this do the following workaround (not really a permanent fix)

(Windows+R) -> %appdata% -> Navigate to Winamp/Plugins/ml/ -> Delete ml_pmp_device_(device name.)

If you have Winamp running on PC at the time, restart it, and the device should reappear immediately and will ask you on the phone to allow/deny device again.
Lord_Funkmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 07:48   #126
vicntc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidiculousHat View Post
I was having this exact same problem with my HTC EVO 4G on Win7 home premium 64bit where my Windows XP laptop detected my phone fine on the first try... I tried running as administrator, renaming my network connection, disabling the firewall, etc. I finally was able to figure it out today...

In the services list (under "Administrative Tools" and then "Services"), for some reason "Function Discovery Provider Host" and "Function Discovery Resource Publication" were both set to disabled. I set them both to automatic, started both services, and restarted winamp... it discovered my device before I could even click the button.
This worked for me as well on Win7 x64. Made sure both services were enabled and set to automatic, restarted Winamp and Swoosh! Winamp not only detected the HTC Device but also my HP Touchpad (Dual boot with Android OS).

Now if I can just get it to keep syncing when the screen lock kicks in...

[Update].. It worked once. Got to 73% on the sync then frozen. Refuses to see either device anymore.
vicntc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 17:55   #127
Nanner

Disabling in device manager all other network adapters except the one I'm using to connect to the internet seems to have worked (still midway to the first synch, not sure if it will freeze like it happened with other users).

This seems to be an odd workaround to make it work, someone needs to look into it.

EDIT: My winamp desktop just crashed while synchronizing over wifi with my android. Not sure if it was related to that, but still. Crash report sent.
Nanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 00:19   #128
robdog2004
Major Dude

one thing i have found to work well
is create an exception in windows firewall
even if you use another companies firewall
it seems untill other firewalls boot windows firewall stays on and do not allow network connections in the mean time
i put the program exception in and so far everytime the computer boots i get connection between the phone and winamp

other thing is that some routers just dont allow communication on certain ports between wireless devices
i had this issue with one router till a firmware update for it came out that got rid of the issue

thanks rob

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 9th June 2013, 01:58   #129
awoersch

Robdog's firewall fix worked for me:

HTC EVO 4G LTE
W7 32 bit
Android 3.16.651.3 (I think that's the version)
Could previously connect by USB
Can connect by wifi now after creating windows firewall exception for winamp

Thanks
awoersch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 23:15   #130
vividvibe

Thumbs up Fixed wi-fi problem in Windows Firewall

Robdog, buddy, you did it!
Went into Windows Firewall, found Winamp in the column. Private was checked, so I thought hmm, whatever. Leave only private checked, I wouldn't recommend checking public. I Noticed on the left, Winamp ITSELF was not checked. Checked it, my device popped up immediately over wi-fi. This is great!

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Android 4.2.2
Winamp 1.4.10 Android

Windows 7 x64
Winamp 5.64 Windows
vividvibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2013, 08:48   #131
kujikiri

Simple reset does the trick

Most people are using dhcp to receive ip's from their isp and usually the leases last a week or so but between all of the time you reset your phone/computer sometimes the ip your phone uses and your computer uses can become different and since your router has a certain pool of adresses to dish out they both connect you to the network but I think winamp thinks they are connected to separate networks and therefore doesn't recognize the device. So try shutting off winamp on mobile and the pc, turn off wifi on mobile, unplug your router, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in, wait for it to come online then turn on the device wifi start winamp on the pc and mobile and disable/enable wifi sync on mobile then look on pc winamp and look for the devices and they should show up.
kujikiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 19:55   #132
ChevronTango

My Solution

I found a solution to this which works for me, but I can't speak on if its going to work for others, but I thought I'd let you guys know in case it does.

In the install folder for WinAmp there's three executables.
winamp.exe
winampa.exe
Elevator.exe

To get mine working I set all of these as "Run as Administrator" and for winampa.exe also set it in compatibility mode for XP Service Pack 3.

Robert's your mothers brother.

Restart your PC afterwards just to make sure all the processes that were running are dead, and the newer elevated priority ones have taken there place.
ChevronTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2014, 16:24   #133
cristiline

This is insane. I have disabled my firewall, disabled all networks except the wireless one I am connected to. I have restarted my computer and phone and ticked and unticked the "enable wireless sync" button a hundred times. Messed with all sorts of connections settings. My Function Discovery services were already running properly. I am already running the normal Bento theme. The pmp_wifi.ini file and ml_pmp_device_"name of device" file don't exist on my computer. Launching from the Winamp Agent notification tray does nothing. Running the .exe files as an administrator does nothing. Enabling media sharing did nothing.

1. What phone do you have? Motorola XT907
2. Version of Android (2.1, 2.2) 4.4.2
3. What version of Windows? 32-bit or 64-bit? 64-bit
4. Have you been able to only connect USB, WiFi, both or none of the above? None of the above, but the USB is the phone's problem.
5. What is your experience if you can connect? Won't connect at all.
And I'm running Winamp v5.666 on my desktop, v1.4.15 on my phone.

I can't believe how much time I've wasted trying to get this to work. Can anyone recommend another program that will let me transfer music files from my computer to my phone wirelessly?
cristiline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2014, 18:01   #134
robdog2004
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristiline View Post
This is insane. I have disabled my firewall, disabled all networks except the wireless one I am connected to. I have restarted my computer and phone and ticked and unticked the "enable wireless sync" button a hundred times. Messed with all sorts of connections settings. My Function Discovery services were already running properly. I am already running the normal Bento theme. The pmp_wifi.ini file and ml_pmp_device_"name of device" file don't exist on my computer. Launching from the Winamp Agent notification tray does nothing. Running the .exe files as an administrator does nothing. Enabling media sharing did nothing.

1. What phone do you have? Motorola XT907
2. Version of Android (2.1, 2.2) 4.4.2
3. What version of Windows? 32-bit or 64-bit? 64-bit
4. Have you been able to only connect USB, WiFi, both or none of the above? None of the above, but the USB is the phone's problem.
5. What is your experience if you can connect? Won't connect at all.
And I'm running Winamp v5.666 on my desktop, v1.4.15 on my phone.

I can't believe how much time I've wasted trying to get this to work. Can anyone recommend another program that will let me transfer music files from my computer to my phone wirelessly?
being using same phone
sometimes wireless sync is a hit or miss scenario
only other program i trust to sync any file wirelessly is airdroid
as for usb
you should get a message on the phone when you plug it into the computer
asking if you want media mode
if enabled you will be able to view as a multimedia device

also a cd drive will appear on the computer
you should run this to install proper drivers for the phone
or media capability will not work properly

thanks rob

Old 16th November 2014, 00:58   #135
cristiline

Oh yeah, I know how to sync through USB. My phone is just damaged, so Windows won't recognize the device anymore. But I'll try airdroid, thanks!
cristiline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 19:38   #136
neophyte43

Not detecting droid wifi

Don't know if you're still registered, but - Thank you TheFeshy for the post. I was stumped for 2 days - reinstalled both PC and droid winamp with no success. Your solution was on the button!! (Disable Network > Restart > Enable Network) Then I went through the process of discovery after enabling droid winamp and PC found device immediately. One thing though - if you eject you have to restart PC winamp.

Again, thanks..........

Last edited by neophyte43; 11th November 2015 at 19:45. Reason: missing text
neophyte43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android