Old 11th March 2011, 13:33   #81
one3rd

Send a message via AIM to one3rd
Probably not until there's a Mac version of Winamp that supports device syncing. I'm pretty sure the last version of MacAMP is over 12 years old.
one3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011, 08:16   #82
emperator

I wold like to see SRS WOW HD and Dolby sound support for new HTC phones like Desire HD.
emperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 01:50   #83
Aegiz

Sigh.. To the person that complained about winamp starting up upon boot, get the program Autostarts and disable all the programs that startup which don't show up on most task managers.

Anyways, onto the things I would love to see on the Android Winamp would definitely be an alternative to the winamp lockscreen which would be integrated with the Android/Sense/Samsung lockscreens. A user actually posted a screenshot of something that looked brilliant a couple of posts back on the Galaxy S lockscreen. Furthermore, it would be brilliant to have ID3v1 modification as well as Album Art fetching.

Overall that really sums it up for me since this Winamp app is extremely nice to use ignoring the lack of skins/customization options.
Aegiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 17:11   #84
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
maybe i'm a dunce and others know how, but if "Album Artist" support is still missing (its not working for me, certainly not automatically) then that should be the number one priority imo.

number 2 is getting shoutcast back and working on all devices.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 16:51   #85
pulsarrex

mute button on the lock screen will b awesome...
pulsarrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 21:20   #86
pulsarrex

also winamp should ask which folders should it scan..
pulsarrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 03:28   #87
dagrubb

I would vote for three things:

1. Option for tabbed browsing like the default player. It's so much nicer.

2. Equalizer (but I'm sure it's coming).

3. Option for browsing by artist or album once in the genres section. I hate choosing "techno" and having hundreds of songs not grouped by artist or album.

That's about it honestly. I don't really use it for much else besides listening to my own music.
dagrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 23:46   #88
drpizz

Thank you so much for this app! I am now completely 100% iTunes free. I would like to see the following:

1. Smart View-equivalent playlist.
2. Ability to browse/play my PC's WinAmp library from my Droid
3. Ability to copy music from my PC's WinAmp library to my Droid
4. Make use of Album Artist
drpizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 20:46   #89
waterpistol

as per MrSinatra's post; having embedded art not showing on android is seriously frustrating, i mean, it's embedded!?
waterpistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 11:02   #90
Hanno

I would like to see the albums of each artist sorted by year not alphabetically.
Makes more sense to me, at least as an option.
Hanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 05:12   #91
Mi Amigo

Is anyone from Nullsoft / AOL actually monitoring this thread and all the excellent feedback that people are leaving, or the Feature Request Survey originally mentioned (http://bit.ly/winampfeatures) for that matter? I ask because I haven't seen any comments by tejasmi5 or any other Nullsoft people since the first page.

If anyone is still listening, I'd be interested to know the status on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin_rock View Post
Forgot to add on my survey

3 - the ability to choose where media is synced to on the root of the SD card - currently puts it in root:\<artist> - which makes an ecclectic collection blow up my SD card!
... which was posted back in October, as was tejasmi5's reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasmi5 View Post
@marvin_rock: thanks, we captured the last request and are already looking at ways to solve this for all users.
There is a newer thread on a related subject, which again has not seen any feedback (yet) from Nullsoft:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?p=2758087

To me, this is a show-stopper, as is the lack of proper podcast support.
Mi Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 00:19   #92
DeathMetal

How about FLAC support?
DeathMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 16:48   #93
jwgraves

Would like the genre view to start with the artists and then the albums....currently when you select genre it then displays all the songs within that genre. Kind of meaningless when you have a few hundred songs and all I want to do is drill down the artist and then album.
jwgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 17:46   #94
PaulRwebster

I would like an option not to show album art when browsing albums. I have abount 25 gig of mp3s on my card and find scrolling through albums very slow and klunky, presumably because the control is bringing back the album art. Browsing by artist, which doesn't show album art, is very smooth.
PaulRwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 14:34   #95
WhammyDroid

Done.
WhammyDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 10:17   #96
futurebacsi

I listen to podcasts. I'd need:

1. The ability to load a single file or a folder.

2. A more suitable slide bar for longer audio files. It is really hard to jump to a specific time in a 2 hour podcast.
futurebacsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 20:59   #97
beatsandmelody

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin_rock View Post
Forgot to add on my survey

3 - the ability to choose where media is synced to on the root of the SD card - currently puts it in root:\<artist> - which makes an ecclectic collection blow up my SD card!
I'd like to expand on the importance of this request. It not only keeps the music on the SD card neatly organized, but it will also stop Winamp from deleting the custom ringtones and notification tones I created with the RingDroid App (a fantastic app btw).

There are two directories stored in /sdcard/media/audio:
/notifications
/ringtones

These actually mirror the directories in the root directory's /system/ folder (pardon me if my lingo is incorrect re: root) where all the factory ringtones are stored.

So when syncing, it erases anything not in my library, or it adds my ringtones to my PC
beatsandmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 06:26   #98
carychow

I would like a lyrics display.
carychow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 08:57   #99
MOraleSs

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin2812 View Post
Nice to see Winamp on Android

1) Play AAC+!
2) Equaliser!
3) Being able to enter manual/custom URL's

Thanks!
Those are not just "nice to see", but MUST HAVE options. We are in 2011. Most of the online radiostations are streaming in AAC+. The bigges lack in Winamp for android is the missing support for AAC+ files and not being able to enter custom URL's (since there are also lots of online stations that are not public).
I use my phone most of the time to listen to online radio. Since those options are missing, I'm sticking to XiiaLive and the custom Android player for now.
I hope to see these options soon in Winamp, to make it a complete piece of software.

Cheers.
MOraleSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 03:47   #100
vidulan

Enqueue

Hey guys, very happy with the work you've done on the app. however I don't find the enqueue feature very useful at all. It just sends the song to the bottom of the playlist. It'd be nice if it worked similar to the enqueue feature on the desktop winamp where when you enqueue a song, it'll jump to that song in the playlist after the current song and continue from there.
vidulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 03:25   #101
acornatom

Hi, Great so far. My top items -

1 - FLAC
2 - Replay Gain playback

Thanks
acornatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 20:09   #102
ASnet0007

rating support

I have been holding out for ratings to be available on the phone. I listen to most of my music on my phone so the ability to star rate on the phone and sync this back to the master winamp database at home would be fantastic.
ASnet0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 07:46   #103
ASnet0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASnet0007 View Post
I have been holding out for ratings to be available on the phone. I listen to most of my music on my phone so the ability to star rate on the phone and sync this back to the master winamp database at home would be fantastic.
Just found this can sync ratings / play counts to winamp http://www.aplayerpro.com/ but needs their android player.

I'll keep checking back for this feature to arrive natively on winamp phone player app.
ASnet0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 19:01   #104
deemacgee

My votes:

- Better album art support. None of my FLACs display the embedded album art.
- ReplayGain. Seriously, I'm sick of going deaf when my playlist is set to random. Jumping from Enya to Nine Inch Nails is bloody painful.
- iTunes-style media sync. This idea of generating playlists just to sync them is tedious; give me a list of all my media files and a checkbox next to each one. So much easier.

Wishful thinking:
Better integration with fitness tracker apps (Endomondo in particular).

HTC Desire 8183
CyanogenMod 7.0 Stable
deemacgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 14:00   #105
Night5talker

Exclamation folder player

hello i just wanna say i love winamp but it would be really great to add option "play fodler" or something like that it really miss and a lot of people wanna use that option and it really missing to complete everything in cover to play from - i think it shouldn't be a problem to add that
thanks and hope we will see that option soon
Night5talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 22:51   #106
StephanePare

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloggscity View Post
simple requests:
1) Get rid of the "Do you really want to leave Winamp" box

2) Can you add for the podcasts/speech/Audiobooks the function to restart where last stopped left off? Very important as podcasts can be upto 90mins long or so.

3) Please add Smart Views if possible, it's one of the best things in Winamp and would be great to have it in here also.

4) Add "podcasts" as separate to artists/albums etc...
number 2 and 4 for me, very important. because of this, i have to use a different program for podcasts, and i would really like to use winamp for all
StephanePare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 04:56   #107
rrozema

Different volume levels per output device

I often listen to music using headphones when at my desk, When I get into my car my phone automatically connects with my car stereo (over bluetooth). When playing over bluetooth, I like the phone's volume to be at its maximum level, but with my earphones on max volume gives me ear damage, so I turn it down a lot. Now every time I get in the car -after listening in the office, i.e. every day- I first have to change the volume. And every morning after getting into the office I have to remember to turn the volume way down before putting on my headphones to avoid ear damage.

Please can you make 2 different media volume levels: one used when headphones are connected and one when playing over bluetooth? Even better, having a separate volume level for each bluetooth device would be ultimate: my car stereo is often crancked up a lot more than my bluetooth headset, but both connect over BT. So having different volume levels for each device would be great, but since I've got the car stereo I hardly use the BT headphones any more. i.e. "a separate control for all BT devices" is more an additional request.You could probably also add another volume level control for when playing over the phone's speaker. But that one is optional too as far as I'm concerned (Actually, I think this one could be the default 'media volume').

And, on a final note, I love the feature that playback stops automatically when a device disconnects, so thanks for that!

Last edited by rrozema; 19th May 2011 at 05:01. Reason: added thanks for auto pause on disconnect.
rrozema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 11:08   #108
rockmonaco

Handling of Album Artist and compilation tags

One feature which I think would greatly improve the android version of winamp would be better handling of mp3's which contain album artist and compilation information.

There are many collaboration albums and tracks and simply looking at the artist information leads to making it difficult to find the album or artist you are looking for. E.g. artist one collaborates with artist two on a song and the artist is referred to as "artist 1 & artist 2." In these cases album artist is perfect for seeing who really is responsible for the album. Another example of this is DJ albums where many tracks have been mixed by a single DJ.

iTunes handles this well and it is my hope that winamp for android will too?

Thanks
rockmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 19:40   #109
krucifix

changing the 'artist' tab to actually sort by 'album artist'
krucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 18:36   #110
kristjem

What I would like to see:

I would like to see the following working on my Android 2.1 phone:

* ShoutCast Radio (TuneWiki has it working, why not you?)
* Flawless WIFI sync (it makes my desktop winamp freeze up)
* DLNA Server (So that i can share my phones media on my network, like with DoubleTwist)
* The ability to rate whats playing with stars
* Make the home screen fit in one picture, because now the 'search' and 'free music' buttons only show like 70 %, and thats ugly. I have a Samsung Galaxy Spica (i5700).

Thanks
kristjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 04:36   #111
FALCON-LORD

I am a little surprised by what people are requesting… Bigger More Better…
This is an application for a small device. What do I want?
Screen real-estate is at a premium, so give me a smaller widget
A 1x1 Start stop widget. Just play whatever playlist is currently configured and be able to have a 1x1 widget that goes from a play button to a pause button and nothing else.
FALCON-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 01:59   #112
sbradley02

I would like to see USB DAC support on Android 3.1
sbradley02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 11:41   #113
joebloggscity

Restart where left off.

For MP3s tagged as podcasts/speeches they are usually 60-90mins long and the problem is that you can't always listen to them all the way through.

Can you add an option that the player will restart that MP3 where you last left off even if you play something else in between? This is done in Winamp using the "History" plug-in.

That would be perfect.
joebloggscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 22:10   #114
okdokie

A simple way to switch from song/artist/album modes.

Explanation: A lot of the time I have winamp in song mode with random on. This way I listen to my entire library of songs on random. I will then hear a song from an album I have not heard for a while and decide I want to listen to just the album. To do this I have to exit to the selection screen, choose album, then search through my entire library for that album, then select a track from the album to start listening to it, stopping what I was currently listening to.
It would be great if whilst listening to a track, if I go to the selection screen and choose album the mode would change to so I would then be listening to just that album. Similar if I selected artist from the selection screen.

Thanks for listening
okdokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 03:32   #115
yuiness

I don't know whether this has been mentioned, but there are 2 things that I'd really like to see:

1. Support for ratings and the ability to sync ratings between the Android app and the desktop program.
2. A smart playlist for "Top Rated" songs, similar to the one that the desktop program currently has.

These two features would make Winamp the perfect music player as far as I'm concerned. Thanks!
yuiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 06:54   #116
Naginata

Someone must've mentioned this already but will we get skins? Or at least a few color choices for the UI? Not too important but especially on Android I get sick of seeing so much BLACK.
Naginata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 18:08   #117
SmexxFox

ml_wifi plugin

Hi,

I'm want to submit a change request on the Wifi plugin in Winamp, I hope I'm in the good thread
I wanted to ask you if it's possible to change the HTTP version in the requests made from this plugin to the Winamp Android application.
I got some problems when I send a soundtrack to my Android device through a proxy, because the POST request seems to not be compliant with the Http RFCs.

I read the Http header Expect only exists since HTTP 1.1. My proxy rejects this type of request because it expect a HTTP 1.1 version instead of HTTP 1.0.

Do you think you could eventually add this change it future releases ?

Best regards
Max
SmexxFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 16:55   #118
Crash090

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, but I'm using Winamp on pc for nearly 10 years, and now on my Andriod powered Xperia x10i.
First of all, let me express my respect to all you guys at the Winamp team. You created a player that rocks for more than 10 years. I have a few ideas on how to improve the Android player.
-First of all: a little more volume should be useful:-)
-Secondly: on the lockscreen widget I would appreciate the shuffle and repeat controls.
-I've noticed that Winamp can be controlled using headset buttons, but only for pause and resume play is available. I would be happy if I could customize the behavior of this feature. For example: two short presses junps to the next track, one long and one short jumps to the previous, and so on. I don't know if it can be implemented, or the phone's software supports it, but it would be extremely useful for example when someone's biking and there's no time to take out the phone from the pocket, and switch forward or back.
-Finally... I've noticed that the player not really cares about folders. That's sad, because I have tp create a new playlist evetrytime I load some new tracks on my phone from different artists. So if the player would have the feature to play the current folder's content, that would ve extremely good.

Regards and best wishes: Tamás from Hungary
Crash090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 21:03   #119
steiner666

please make there be a way to have tracks on an album listed by track# instead of alphabetically.

for example, When i click on Opeth's Blackwater Park album i want it to play the way it should, from the track 01- The Leper Affinity to track 10- Patterns in the Ivy II, not from track 08 Blackwater Park to track 09 Still day beneath the sun.

I think that the order of the songs on an album is often a very important thing that the artist put a lot of thought into, and not being able to listen to the album in that order doesnt giive you the whole experience of the album. Especially if its like, a themed album like... Damnation and a Day for example.
steiner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 01:46   #120
nina-moo

I would like the ability to play a local network stream & local radio stations.
Winamp has the ability to play URL's so why not incorporate that into the App? I tune in regularly to amateur DJ's who aren't listed in your radio station list. Adding the option of local radio stations would make Winamp the ULTIMATE music app! I'd love one quality app that does it all.
nina-moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android