Old 29th January 2012, 00:02   #161
xlordvader

Just a suggestion - but one that I think will solve a lot of wifi connectivity and battery issues.
Wifi sync option should have an option to manually connect or disconnect (something similar to that of mounting the USB drive).
For example, when I am home - my phone is always connected to my computer. Even though I don't use the feature, the fact that my phone is connected drains my battery.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=341181
I started that to discuss the pros and cons of this method.

I feel this is an option that should be given some serious thought for the next release.
xlordvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 03:39   #162
RgnKjnVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RgnKjnVA View Post
I've completed the survey but hoping to get a long-standing question I've had answered here...

On the desktop, users are able to 'surf' their ShoutCast Favorites stations with Prev/Next buttons but on Android those buttons are disabled. It's somewhat maddening while driving to have to go through the window-shade method of station selection...and kinda dangerous. Is there a technical reason those buttons are disabled?

Enable those Prev/Next buttons and add a lyrics feature and I'm one happy camper!
Lots of progress in the app overall (LOVE the EQ) but no sign of my two pet peeves.
RgnKjnVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 08:51   #163
bk109

Another nice feature would be for Winamp to support notification focus on the ROMs that have that option (For example the million+ CyanogenMods out there),because at the moment the setting doesn't appear to work with this player which is a shame... especially when it also leads to the occasional text or e-mail notification not.. notifying when the user is listening to something.
bk109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 08:16   #164
Sensedeparted

FEATURE REQUEST:
Stream NSV video files, and ability to look through channels.
Sensedeparted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 01:22   #165
gpmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupifier View Post
+1

I would SERIOUSLY love to rate my music on my Phone and have that sync up to ratings on Desktop Winamp. I used to rate my music all the time while walking with my iPod...but since the switchover to Android, my rating project has been halted.

about 6400 songs rated so far out of 12000+ song library. Makes me sad when I want to rate but cannot
Agree 100%
gpmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 01:36   #166
gpmonger

I would like to see more hands free controls. I would like to be able to go to next and previous track with choice command. Also play, pause, and enqueue would be good.
gpmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 22:03   #167
JSchreck

I would like to have the option to show the artist only for complete albums, means: hiding the artists for compilations. Is that possible?
JSchreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 14:21   #168
diogenes

I have the Creative ZEN Touch 2 (GPS). Winamp for Android will download using a PC and USB connection to the Touch 2, but the file does not install - nor earlier version. I love Winamp on my PC and would dearly love to have it on my new Zen. Has anyone gotten this app to work on this device? Will Winamp provide support for the Creative Zen Touch 2?
diogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 18:16   #169
Account Deleted #5

Can you please add a "sort by path and filename" option. I really hate the id3-tag sorting. Songs from the same album isn't located in the same folder. I would really appreciate it!
Old 24th April 2012, 18:20   #170
www.maxa.es

hi,

I not use often winamp for android because when I typing in the web browser a mp3 file begenning like "http://" (like a shoutcast station), android invite me to choose an application to open with the mp3 file.

winamp never appear in this list, and the only way to listen theses files is to open winamp, click on winamp logo, click on shoutcast menu, go to the bottom of the page, click on "type manualy url", and type manualy url...

much, much, mcuh more longer than just type url in web browser and choose one the the apps to open with.

so, my request is to have winamp in the "app list", when we open a media file by typing an mp3 url in the web browser.

I hope my english was not too bad

have a nice day
michael
www.maxa.es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 20:23   #171
gavin2812

Just thought i'd pop back here...

No AAC+ support, no install... TuneIn is flying past Winamp on Android...

Why doesn't Winamp support AAC+ streams??
gavin2812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 23:06   #172
www.maxa.es

on my phone aac+ streams works on winamp

but there are aac, aac+ and eaac+ webradios, all notified as aac+ on shoutcast.com (I really don't understand why :s )

so, on my phone, aac+ work, but not aac, I tested 1 or 2 others app (don't easy to find a aac capable one)

I think todays phones and apps works correctly only with mp3 files. and 96 mp3 is still better than 60 aac+ only the 96 aac is better than the 96 mp3.

today lot of webradio had a 48 aac+ stream but today only few phones are capable to read it. it's strange because aac+ economic streams are especially designed for phones...
www.maxa.es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 14:51   #173
gts-r

Turn off automatic pause

I'd like an option to disable the automatic pause when earphones are plugged out.

Some devices, when you completely lower the volume with a wire control, detect this as "earphones plugged out" and pause the playback.

Thank you
gts-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 15:18   #174
gts-r

Exclamation Shoutcast buffer

I'd like to be able to increase sound buffer size for shoutcast radio so the sound stream don't get interrupted
Old 19th May 2012, 13:04   #175
carbonrockza

Manual playlist advance

Please implement a setting for "Manual playlist advance" just like it is in Winamp for Windows.

Thank you for "Winamp for Android"
Craig
carbonrockza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2012, 13:10   #176
JRawly

Using a Galaxy Nexus (Android ICS) with a car dock and Winamp Pro.

I have a few issues with this.

1) The Bluetooth controls on my stereo aren't advancing the song as I would expect (and it does with the default media player on the phone).

2) The app doesn't seem to know what car mode is, so where my lock screen on the phone is in landscape, when the Winamp lock screen is enabled, this is fixed to portrait and makes it impossible to control correctly.

It would be nice if the Bluetooth controls worked correctly. This did work on my old phone running Gingerbread, but never on this one.
The car mode option would be great if detected automatically (and actually existed with Winamp). It would be nice to be able to configure which side the control buttons went on also for left hand or right hand drive car. Just rotating the album art and control buttons would be enough really.
JRawly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 21:56   #177
vcontoursvt

Send a message via AIM to vcontoursvt
Smart view sync. I have 30 + smart views and I would love to be able to sync them (as playlists) to my phone. Alternatively, supporting dynamic queries on the phone would also work.

I would definitely pay money for the above.

If you really want to take my money, use google voice recognition to build dynamic queries (smart views) on the fly. E.g. I say "play rock genre from year 1990 to 2000 with a rating greater than 2". I would finally be able to safely use winamp in my car if you guys came up with this.
vcontoursvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 05:41   #178
appr3ntic3

I'd love to see it send the song info to my car stereo's display via BlueTooth or even 3.5mm if possible.
appr3ntic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 17:28   #179
Tyrex

Feature Request #1: In playing screen, add more useful info in small font just above the seek bar:

- index / total, Example: 17/28 means the playing track is the 17th of a total of 28 tracks.

- bitrate, encoder. Example: 128kps/mp3

Feature Request #2: In playing screen, add song rating
No need to do 1-5 stars, may be thumb up, thumb down like the standard Music player in Android 4.11
After that the Playlist screen will have a build in playlist name "Favorite" which will contain tracks which have had a rating

Feature Request #3: In playing screen, give visual hint of Shuffle/Repeat. However DON'T make them clickable (to avoid chaging them by mistake). If user want to change these options, the user must make an explicit option like current implementation in v1.3.4
Tyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 09:40   #180
gts-r

The automatic rebuffer of the shoutcast stations. Curently if you want to resume a paused radio you have to re-select it from the station list
Old 8th September 2012, 10:56   #181
ilomambo

Browse and Play music from paired PC library

Now when you pair your android device to your PC, can browse it and play songs on the PC, like any other MP3 device attached.

I request to have the exact symmetric functionality from the Android device, be able to browse and play any file in my PC library, hear it in my Android device.

Of course I'd like the browsing to be Winampy, meaning, let us see by Artist, Album, Genre, filter, etc. ---> exactly the same way we can browse the Android Device from the PC.
ilomambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 13:25   #182
Mag1990

Hello,
first i have to say i really like Winamp for Android (Motorola Defy w/ CM7) and also use it on my PC (Win 7), you guys did a great job on both!
But there is one thing in the mobile version i really miss, which does work in the PC version.

FEATURE REQUEST:
When you search a song with the fulltext search, you cannot long press on it.
It would be really nice if there was the same menu like in the media library
(with the options to play, enqueue, add to playlist, extras and delete).

Maybe you could also add an option like "enqueue next" or make it possible to choose that a normal tap on the song enqueues it by default rather than deleting the current playlist.

That would make it a lot easier do DJ with winamp.
I hope you liked my thoughts!
Mag1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 16:36   #183
tommy_voodoo

list shoutcast aac stations in the shoutcast directory list - without it, i have to ask my listeners to enter the stream url manually, and that's BS from every perspective.

i'd really like to promote the app on my sites, but until my stations are listed, it's not gonna happen.
tommy_voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 11:19   #184
ilomambo

Media library

To be really useful winamp has to recreate the PC media library experience in Android.

1. let the user choose were are the media files located, including LAN directories.
2. offer a similar range of panes as in PC ( artists, albums, songs, genres, albumart, etc.)
3. provide list and grid views.
ilomambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 19:35   #185
awm34x

Quit Winamp needed everywhere

I use Winamp Pro on my Android phone (with 32Gb of music on its SD card). Quitting Winamp is a huge pain as it's necessary (and difficult) to first navigate back to the entry point (sorry, but the Home function won't get you there).

Being able to Quit Winamp anywhere (and resume later at the same place) would be a most welcome addition.
awm34x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 02:01   #186
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by awm34x View Post
Being able to Quit Winamp anywhere (and resume later at the same place) would be a most welcome addition.
ditto

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 15:30   #187
Buruan

Song Ratings in the Android app.
I would pay for this feature.
Buruan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 20:14   #188
1glimpse

Support of XSFP playlist format.
1glimpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 21:13   #189
jtbfla

Question Playcounts

I am new to winamp and can't seem to find a feature that allows for the play-count information from my S3 to be synced with my winamp PC library. this is a deal breaker for me in selecting the use of a music player on my S3. I hate to say it, but iTunes had this capability a long time ago. I dare say I find it hard to believe i-Tunes had any useful feature that wasn't already available in winamp.

So, my vote for feature set is syncing of play-count and last played data.
jtbfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 23:50   #190
Aurabloc

Arrow Aesthetics

While the existing feature set is quite robust, the user interface leaves much to be desired. Quite frankly its clunky, outdated and low-res. An update to a holo styled interface would be much appreciated. In addition, the notification icon needs to be updated so that it just has the logo present instead of having that ugly gradient filled box with it.

A feature that would also be appreciated by users of 4.0+ devices is the ability to control playback via the notification bar.
Aurabloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 03:37   #191
GetAmped

Is there *any* hope that WinAmp for Android will handle basic tags properly? My FLACs are all properly tagged, the tags display correctly in the PC version both in my local media and when I select the Nexus 7 tablet. But WinAmp on the tablet is completely clueless about the album, artist, title, track, genre and year even those tags are in the media files.
GetAmped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 08:59   #192
kustodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurabloc View Post
While the existing feature set is quite robust, the user interface leaves much to be desired. Quite frankly its clunky, outdated and low-res. An update to a holo styled interface would be much appreciated. In addition, the notification icon needs to be updated so that it just has the logo present instead of having that ugly gradient filled box with it.

A feature that would also be appreciated by users of 4.0+ devices is the ability to control playback via the notification bar.
+1

The devs have been working hard on new version of Winamp, to fix all bugs and add new features, but one thing that hasn't been worked on from the first release is the interface. Not much has changed from the first version in how the players looks like and it could look a lot better especially on new phones with high resolution screens.
kustodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 20:05   #193
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
while not perfect, i like the aWAR winamp remote interface. thats just one guy. so clearly, winamp could do better with their UI, which looks and feels very communist bloc.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 19:11   #194
nwstruggler

Ratings

Please add ratings in the widget, app, and have it sync.

Play count is also important but I honestly can't believe you guys don't have this baked in already. I'd pay for these features individually.
nwstruggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 16:15   #195
AleksP

Add playlist export to pc winamp feature

hi, i think one of the major things missing from the android winamp is the ability to sync your android playlists with your pc winamp playlists. I like to create playlists on the move and it makes this pointless if i have to go through the same process on the pc.
thanks
AleksP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 07:11   #196
rustbucket

Targeted Music Search

a seriously helpful feature would be the ability to search specific locations only for music, the sd card for example. i have a vocabulary trainer in internal memory with over 8,000 small audio files, very annoying to have these included in a list of tracks!
rustbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2012, 21:44   #197
Elliottebbs

Two way rating sync please!

Regards
Elliot
Elliottebbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 10:24   #198
CranberryTimes

Feature Request

Feature Request:

I am missing a sleep-timer function!

Also, it would be nice to be able to edit the ID3-Tags of Songs and Albums.
I have pruchased the Album Washer, but all Tags are either imported automatically or not even found.
So I have no possibilty to change a songs name to my desire, if the Album Washer doesn't find the data I want.
CranberryTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2013, 19:24   #199
larus

play from network folders

My music (40 Gb) is on network HD. Please make it possible to play these files without sync.
larus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 15:54   #200
BuzMeg

Playback speed

Is there any plugin for that would allow changing playback speed to 1.10, 1.20, 1.30 times etc without changing the pitch?
BuzMeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android