Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions

Old 2nd November 2014, 18:54   #41
wojtysz

Hi,

I'm sorry for writing so many posts one after another...

This time I would like to sum all the issues:

1. Disconnecting server on input change - it seems that when I disconnect DSP from the server and then make the input change it won't crash so fast. It crashes though after some hour or so. And that is the problem - I could set DSP to Legacy Input and just use Push to Talk when I want to go live. But after some time it crashes. Changing back to Winamp Input also causes a crash. No way out.

2. Finally I have another crash report - I came to the studio and it was right there

This is what it said:
Winamp client version: 5.666 Build 3516
winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module dsp_sc.dll at 001b:02277a6b.

Exception handler called in Winamp.

http://www.sopocki.com/crash/report1.zip

3. Yesterday I asked about the Dj change and backup file - it seems strange that each time you switch from live to winamp or switch source / DJ you need to disconnect server and all your listeners loose signal. It would be good if listeners could stay - listening to backupfile and then again to broadcast.

4. I do not like to downgrade. Downgrade is the last thing to do.

5. I remember times when I was switching to Soundcard mode, made a recording and then back to Winamp Mode. It used to stream for more than 100 hrs without disconnecting.

I know these issues might only exist on my setup but it would be also good to know it

sopocki.com - the seasight radio
wojtysz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 10:51   #42
wojtysz

Hello again,

this is a new crash report from another setup on a different hardware:

Winamp client version: 5.666 Build 3516
winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module MSVCR90.dll at 001b:7855b9f0.

Exception handler called in Winamp.

http://www.sopocki.com/crash/setup2/report.zip

Now I'm testing DSP 2.2.3 and it seems to be a little better but still happens to crash without a report.

sopocki.com - the seasight radio
wojtysz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 13:54   #43
Thomas Athens GR

Winamp & shoutcast dsp

Hello my friends. I have windows xp and i would like to tell me what kind of winamp and shoutcast dns i must to have because i want to broadcast my radio. Thanks for your help
Thomas Athens GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2014, 17:38   #44
djicyee

please help

need help to download shoutcast dsp plugin i downloaded it and winamp crash so i reinstalled the application for winamp not letting me down load shoutcast
djicyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2015, 23:14   #45
Shmuel

I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit and Winamp 5.666, using SHOUTcast v1 mode.

On the first try after "upgrading," the Shoutcast DSP plugin 2.3.5 worked for the first several songs I played, but on one specific song the output sounded choppy/sped-up/underwater. Upon reverting to version 2.3.3 of the Shoutcast plugin, the song played just fine. Further testing found these results to be consistent across two different streams.

Stream 1: MP3 encoder, 192kbps, 44100Hz, Stereo
Stream 2: MP3 encoder, 128kbps, 44100Hz, Stereo

Song: MP3, 48kbps, 22kHz, Stereo (VBR, encoded by LAME 3.98)

(Yes, I realize that the MP3 is encoded at a very low rate, but the beauty of the Shoutcast DSP plugin in prior versions has been that you don't need to worry about such things; if it plays in Winamp, it streams.)
Shmuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 00:47   #46
opambour

good

its great but how do i get it
opambour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 01:12   #47
ferrans

Hello

I like some pointers, I receive weeeks ago the download link, which is:

"But It says the website is not available"

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Is there another link or maybe someone can upload the link to a sharing service.

or any suggestions
ferrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 01:18   #48
DrO

that is the only official link to download the plug-in (i've moved your post into the correct thread - was not appropriate in the DNAS thread). other than something is blocking your connection, you're best sending an email to support and they can then email you back a copy of the plug-in.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 01:27   #49
ferrans

You are very kind, I enter thru a proxy site and it download right away.

Thanks
ferrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 10:35   #50
chapiz

good job.
chapiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 02:38   #51
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Crash

Getting this crash constantly in MSVCR90.dll all the time, seemingly caused by SC DSP, sometimes right as SC DSP starts. Attached crash log as the crash kind is not letting the report go through. Going to try reverting back to previous version to see if it stops.
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (56.1 KB, 78 views)
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2017, 03:34   #52
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
Getting this crash constantly in MSVCR90.dll all the time, seemingly caused by SC DSP, sometimes right as SC DSP starts. Attached crash log as the crash kind is not letting the report go through. Going to try reverting back to previous version to see if it stops.
Reverting to version 2.3.4.210 stopped the crashes.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 11:51   #53
Roger Hågensen

Shoutcast Source DSP bugs

Shoutcast Source DSP bug #1

Tested Shoutcast DNA 2.4.7 (x86)
Tested Shoutcast Source DSP 2.3.5

If connecting to the server using v1 mode to mount 2 using the "password:#2" method this works fine,
but if you quit winamp/the dsp and start it again the password is now only "#2" and "password"
is suddenly in the DJ/User ID field.
The Source DSP is still able to connect though, but the password is displayed on the shoutcast server page.
Luckily only someone logged in to the shoutcast server can see the password (presumably admin).
Expected behavior: That the Source DSP keeps the full password in the password field and not send part of it as the user id..

Shoutcast Source DSP bug #2

Tested Shoutcast DNA 2.4.7 (x86)
Tested Shoutcast Source DSP 2.3.5

Sometimes "Automatic reconnection on connection failure" fails to work, toggling the checkmark off then on again fixes it.
Expected behavior: That it actually is enabled when it's shown as being checkmarked.
Roger Hågensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 14:27   #54
WowMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit and Winamp 5.666, using SHOUTcast v1 mode.

On the first try after "upgrading," the Shoutcast DSP plugin 2.3.5 worked for the first several songs I played, but on one specific song the output sounded choppy/sped-up/underwater. Upon reverting to version 2.3.3 of the Shoutcast plugin, the song played just fine. Further testing found these results to be consistent across two different streams.

Stream 1: MP3 encoder, 192kbps, 44100Hz, Stereo
Stream 2: MP3 encoder, 128kbps, 44100Hz, Stereo

Song: MP3, 48kbps, 22kHz, Stereo (VBR, encoded by LAME 3.98)

(Yes, I realize that the MP3 is encoded at a very low rate, but the beauty of the Shoutcast DSP plugin in prior versions has been that you don't need to worry about such things; if it plays in Winamp, it streams.)

I finally loaded this update last night and have been experiencing this exact problem ever since.

Was there ever a fix for it or do I need to roll back to the old DSP to get it to work right again?

Thanks for any attention.

Wow Machine Radio
Inspired by The Clifford Ball’s Ball Radio, Big Cypress’ Thin Air radio, and Magnaball’s The Bunny, WMR streams Phish-inspired Randomness, WMR is our huge collection of eclectic music, spoken word, and TV/movie quotes playing from a randomized playlist, played on ‘shuffle’ by Winamp v5.666.
WowMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2017, 14:24   #55
WowMachine

Question on the NEW DSP in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowMachine View Post
I finally loaded this update last night and have been experiencing this exact problem ever since.

Was there ever a fix for it or do I need to roll back to the old DSP to get it to work right again?

Thanks for any attention.
From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
@AJLeibengeist

A forthcoming version of the DNAS will have more flexible options, i.e. tone trigger support and a pause feature to return listeners back to the same spot, but for now it's best to go with the 120 sec trigger files containing music / PA's / idents / other ads / etc.

Best to use the support form or email address, and include all the details etc.

I'm still using v2.3.3 [build 201] because of the issues with the newest dsp playing my files of varying bitrates at crazy speeds or constantly buffering.

Will this new DSP address that? (or was the issue I'm describing indicative of a flaw in my setup, and the dsp works fine now?)

Wow Machine Radio
Inspired by The Clifford Ball’s Ball Radio, Big Cypress’ Thin Air radio, and Magnaball’s The Bunny, WMR streams Phish-inspired Randomness, WMR is our huge collection of eclectic music, spoken word, and TV/movie quotes playing from a randomized playlist, played on ‘shuffle’ by Winamp v5.666.
WowMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions