Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions

Old 26th May 2015, 22:07   #41
DrO

sc_serv program file and cacert.pem (or just ensure you've got the latest one from http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem)
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2015, 22:29   #42
Bryon Stout

thank DrO
Bryon Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2015, 22:37   #43
Bryon Stout

Oh. I know previous versions there were issues with concurrent listeners. anything over 300 it would crap out.

Im guessing that is fixed?
Old 26th May 2015, 22:40   #44
DrO

that still happens if you don't increase ulimit -n for the account that the DNAS is run under. it was more the DNAS crashing when going above that number which was resolved a few releases back.
Old 26th May 2015, 23:18   #45
Bryon Stout

Here are my settings.

OS file limit
cat /proc/sys/fs/file-nr
1696 0 2097152

/etc/security/limits.conf
streamedge hard nofile 10240
streamedge soft nofile 10240
root hard nofile 10240
root soft nofile 10240

ulimit -n

what folder do I put the cert.pem file in? Just the shoutcast2 directory, as it is in the zip file I downloaded?
Old 26th May 2015, 23:31   #46
DrO

then you're probably not going to see any issues. and all recent DNAS builds report the value that ulimit -n reports so it's possible to check that the DNAS is accessing the correct number of handles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryon Stout View Post
what folder do I put the cert.pem file in? Just the shoutcast2 directory, as it is in the zip file I downloaded?
in the same folder as the DNAS program file.
Old 26th May 2015, 23:41   #47
Bryon Stout

thanks Sir.
Old 27th May 2015, 00:27   #48
Bryon Stout

so i replaced the sc_serv file with the new one and added the pem file. I got this error

./sc_serv
2015-05-26 20:03:35 INFO *********************************************************************
2015-05-26 20:03:35 INFO ** SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server (DNAS) **
2015-05-26 20:03:35 INFO ** Copyright (C) 2014-2015 Radionomy SA, All Rights Reserved **
2015-05-26 20:03:35 INFO ** Use "sc_serv filename.conf" to specify a config file **
2015-05-26 20:03:35 INFO *********************************************************************
2015-05-26 20:03:35 INFO [MAIN] SHOUTcast DNAS/posix(linux x64) v2.4.7.256 (Apr 1 2015)
2015-05-26 20:03:35 INFO [MAIN] PID: 9923
2015-05-26 20:03:35 ERROR [MAIN] Aborting as no valid config files could be found.
2015-05-26 20:03:35 ERROR [MAIN] Try running setup mode to create a valid config file.
2015-05-26 20:03:35 INFO [MAIN] Terminating listeners...
2015-05-26 20:03:35 INFO [MAIN] Shutdown
Old 27th May 2015, 00:39   #49
DrO

the DNAS is not finding a config file to use (it has always looked for sc_serv.conf in the same folder as the DNAS program file) and you're also not providing a custom one for it to use if it's intentional to not have a default sc_serv.conf file for it to use.

if you've already got a working setup, then there is no reason for that error to be happening as long as you're re-starting the DNAS in the same manner it was already being run from (what that was for your setup I don't know).
Old 27th May 2015, 02:40   #50
Bryon Stout

Ok figured out why. the config file comes from centovacast so I needed to restart it via centovacast and not command line.
Old 27th May 2015, 03:01   #51
DrO

if you're using Centova, you can just use it's update system to update the DNAS rather than manually updating things (which can be done but still require doing things via the Centova interface - this is covered in the docs / support articles they provide).
Old 27th May 2015, 13:26   #52
Bryon Stout

I tried that but it didnt work. Looks like I had to do a force update. Everything is good now.

I guess my next move is to move everyone over to liquidsoap and stop using sc_trans
Old 29th May 2015, 11:47   #53
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmet View Post
The Raspberry PI revision, is that only for the Pi1 or will that also work on the Raspberry Pi 2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
Jmet: I'm not 100% sure as I've only got original RPis (specifically v1.1 and v2.0 model B boards) and I don't have a RPi2 yet.

I'm sure I'd read somewhere that it should work but until I can try (as I think the build as-is will be able to leverage the multi-cores in relation to how the DNAS works in such setups), I was hoping someone who's got a RPi2 would be able to try it out and give some feedback about whether it does work or not.
I've now got my hands on a RPi2 and what I'd read was correct. I'm at this moment running the RPi compile we currently provide and it's running fine including recognising and trying to leverage the additional CPU cores on the RPi2 (which was the one part I wasn't sure if it would work ok or not).

I am however going to look into seeing what the benefit is for going with a build that is built specifically for the RPi2 (and whether I can do all of the building on the RPi2 instead of the older RPi [edit](I can so that makes my life easier)[/edit]), but so far, I'm not seeing any issue with using the existing compile. so I can only assume it's something with the file transfer / setup of the DNAS that is the reason for causing those who have reported issues.
Old 4th June 2015, 18:46   #54
MRGrp

Hello DrO and thank you for keep improving the new DNAS releases.

Am I correct, saying that apparently there are no compatibility issues with Centova Cast, at this time?

Also, Centova released a new version of Centova Cast (ver.3.2) that is supposed to be compatible with this latest version of DNAS (well...they mention that Centova Cast 3.2 is compatible with DNAS version.... 2.5+).
Below, for your convenience are some fragments of Centova announcement.

- Please let me have your thoughts. I would like to know if it is advisable to update to the new DNAS at this stage, keeping the service reliable.

-- P.S. Please let me know if you are about to issue a new version of DNAS. I see from what you are writing above that there are a number of fixes already done but waiting for the next release in order to go out for distribution.

Thank you.

Best regards

Fabio

===

Centova Cast v3.2.0 Released

April 27, 2015

Centova Cast v3.2.0 is now available, with several critical security updates, a number of new features, and many bug fixes.

The following is a complete list of changes included in Centova Cast v3.2.0:

New features
•Added Web Player widget allowing end-users to embed Muses or jPlayer in their web pages
•Added support for changing account usernames
•Added support for SHOUTcast DNAS v2.5+ features
•Added custom syntax highlighting for Liquidsoap and DNAS2 in raw configuration editor
•Added support for CentOS 7 and Debian Jessie
•Added support for MySQL v5.6 and MariaDB equivalents of supported MySQL versions
•Added PREPROCESS_TRACK_INFO setting to import tracks without sanitizing artists/titles
•Added comet daemon support and realtime event notification framework
•Added new send-email plugin event
MRGrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 19:20   #55
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGrp View Post
Am I correct, saying that apparently there are no compatibility issues with Centova Cast, at this time?
none that I've been made aware off.

Quote:
Also, Centova released a new version of Centova Cast (ver.3.2) that is supposed to be compatible with this latest version of DNAS (well...they mention that Centova Cast 3.2 is compatible with DNAS version.... 2.5+).
their changelog on the forums was corrected to refer to 2.4.7 as there isn't a 2.5 release at this time (as 2.4.7 was going to be 2.5). so to my knowledge, 2.4.7 works fine with Centova and has been doing so since their 3.2.0 release (and subsequent updates they deployed).

Quote:
- Please let me have your thoughts. I would like to know if it is advisable to update to the new DNAS at this stage, keeping the service reliable.
the current DNAS release is over 2 months old now and http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=373139#known indicates everything that has been reported. and enough people out there think the current release is good enough to update to, so it's over to you really.

Quote:
P.S. Please let me know if you are about to issue a new version of DNAS. I see from what you are writing above that there are a number of fixes already done but waiting for the next release in order to go out for distribution.
there is a new release in the works but I don't have a final date for availability. and in general, it takes a while for it to appear via Centova's update system, so personally I'd update to 2.4.7 now and then you'd probably be looking at a few weeks after we release for it to appear on Centova (which could work out as being another 2 or more months).
Old 4th June 2015, 22:53   #56
Bryon Stout

works great with my centovacast install
Old 4th June 2015, 23:03   #57
DrO

good thing I was already sitting down when I read that

one thing, https://bit.ly/1G6JDHO would be good for you (and everyone else for that matter).
Old 5th June 2015, 05:33   #58
MRGrp

Thank you, DrO and Bryon

Regards.
Old 5th June 2015, 16:28   #59
Bryon Stout

lol DrO
Old 10th June 2015, 04:15   #60
MRGrp

Hello DrO

We upgraded to version 2.4.7.

In the first 30 minutes no sudden server restarts/offline, which is already promising; I will keep observing.

I can read in the log the below warnings or errors; would you please advise how to fix them?

Thank you.

Regards

====
2015-06-10 05:28:30 WARN [CONFIG] Invalid item on line 22 of ../XyXradio/etc/server.conf -> `yp1debug'
2015-06-10 05:28:30 WARN [CONFIG] Deprecated statement found on line 88 of ../XyXradio/etc/server.conf -> change autodumpsourcetime_1=30 to autodumptime_1=30
2015-06-10 05:28:30 WARN [CONFIG] Invalid item on line 102 of ../XyXradio/etc/server.conf -> `yp2'
2015-06-10 05:28:30 WARN [CONFIG] Invalid item on line 164 of ../XyXradio/etc/server.conf -> `specialfiletmpdir'
2015-06-10 05:28:30 WARN [CONFIG] Invalid item on line 221 of ../XyXradio/etc/server.conf -> `streamportlegacy'
2015-06-10 05:28:30 WARN [CONFIG] Invalid item on line 227 of ../XyXradio/etc/server.conf -> `streamportlegacy'
2015-06-10 05:28:30 WARN [CONFIG] Invalid item on line 233 of ../XyXradio/etc/server.conf -> `streamportlegacy'

=======

2015-06-10 05:32:45 WARN [ADMINCGI sid=3] Title update rejected - value not allowed
2015-06-10 05:32:45 INFO [SRC xxx.xxx.196.16 sid=3] Title update [Russ Ballard - Voices]
2015-06-10 05:32:45 WARN [ADMINCGI sid=2] Title update rejected - value not allowed
2015-06-10 05:32:45 INFO [SRC xxx.xxx.196.16 sid=2] Title update [Russ Ballard - Voices]
2015-06-10 05:32:45 WARN [ADMINCGI sid=4] Title update rejected - value not allowed
2015-06-10 05:32:45 INFO [SRC xxx..196.16 sid=4] Title update [Russ Ballard - Voices]
2015-06-10 05:32:45 WARN [ADMINCGI sid=1] Title update rejected - value not allowed
Old 10th June 2015, 08:30   #61
MRGrp

Hello DrO

I removed one stream (#3of 4) that wasn't needed anymore. I removed it from Centova Panel "mounting points" tab, which is also from where I created the stream 3 some time back.

In fact after restarting both Centova Cast and the DNAS, this stream looks "almost" gone.

I say "almost" because in its place I see only the following info:
====
This stream is configured but has no source connected.
====

This creates the concern... why isn't the stream just totally gone? Also, as I removed the stream #3 of 4, shouldn't the stream 4 become automatically #3? I see it still numbered as #4 in the stream summary...so I see stream 1, 2... and 4.

Is this something that you think is related to this latest releases of Centova Cast and DNAS?

Could you please advise how to fix this matter?

Thank you again
Old 10th June 2015, 09:17   #62
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Could you please advise how to fix this matter?
Sounds like a
Quote:
Centova Cast
issue, not "managing" the DNAS config file at all properly

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 10:19   #63
MRGrp

Thank you for your input Jaromanda,

I posted now the question to the Centova team, to see if they come back with suggestions.

Regards
Old 10th June 2015, 11:37   #64
DrO

the warnings at the start of the log relate to things the current DNAS doesn't use anymore (but had previously used). the ideal is such things aren't left in the log but it doesn't affect the running.

the DNAS is working against how its been configured so if removing stream #3 still shows it is configured but not present then that's not a DNAS issue. there is nothing to imply that all streams get realigned unless the tool managing the config file does that. for all I know you stopped the source and the existing DNAS config has been left to make it simpler for the stream to be restored.

either way, none of this is a bug with the DNAS and its working correctly for how it has been told to run from its config file. and as pointed out by Jaromanda, if all of this concerns you, Centova are who you need to contact as the DNAS is working as designed.
Old 10th June 2015, 12:05   #65
MRGrp

Thank you DrO

After your kind explanation the only concern remains that the stream 3 has been removed but the numbering seems to be remained the old one.

To be clearer: The DNAS shows and numbers 4 streams, keeping the stream #3 in the list but not available (no source).

We know that the stream number 3 will be still searched by listeners, and nobody will care about the missing number 4. How to get the DNAS to re-number the streams for what is still "alive" so that we can get the 3 streams pointed by the listeners as needed?

Is it something that can be done in another way, if the Centova Cast interface is failing to do it?

I thought that it would be a straight forward process, as it can happen that a stream has to be removed and the remaining streams numbered as needed.

Please let me know if I wasn't able to explain the point.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Regards

UPDATE:
As many listeners are pointing at the stream 3, I thought it was better (at least for now) to create again that stream.
In fact, unfortunately things went differently: the stream I created now as stream 3, that was supposed to restore the missing one, is "STREAM 5"... and the stream 3 is still there in the list as "no source connected".

I believe that I need some help in order to re-create the streams as needed...

DrO would you please help or give guidance? Thank s a lot!
Old 10th June 2015, 12:28   #66
DrO

unless you can edit the config file directly (and for it not be messed up if you change things later via the Centova UI), there is nothing I can really suggest other than to have your host / Centova correct things.

as if you had config file access, you could have setup stream #3 to be redirected to somewhere else (via 'streammovedurl') or even to a backupfile to indicate the stream is no longer present (which the current DNAS release allows to be provided if there's no source connected). I don't know if any of that is exposed via the Centova UI or (I suspect not but as I don't use Centova, I don't know for certain - as running the DNAS directly is how I prefer to run things to have full control over it).

and if it's creating stream #5 when you tried to add things back, then that's pointing at how Centova tracks and assigns things and other than editing the config file directly (which would then likely have things out of sync with what Centova expects), making that a less ideal option (as I don't know enough about Centova to know if that would work or not or cause you more issues than you've already managed to cause yourself).

so basically, unless you can edit the config file and the changes don't get reverted, this is more of a matter for Centova as the DNAS is just doing what it's been told to do.
Old 10th June 2015, 18:43   #67
MRGrp

Hello DrO,

I understood from your lines that the fix (seeing that the Centova Cast panel is obviously not handling this matter as it should) was to search in editing the lines manually.

I made it clicking "edit raw data" from Centova Cast panel/mounting points.

It looks like that, with some luck and lot of patience I did it properly. In fact in the lines there was a misattribution of the number of the stream coming after the one I removed... thus the one removed was not really removed...neither was really mounted.

Everything was OK... EXCEPT: "Directory returned error code: 480" for the stream 3 I re-created (in fact I deleted and recreated from the config lines the streams 3 and 4!).

I found out that, after creating the 2 "new" streams #3 and #4, their authhash was in the last 2 lines of the code, instead than together with their own stream info. I put the lines where it looked they belonged and after restarting (at least for now) no errors. Let us see...

I hope this issue at least will help in the future someone facing the same "anomaly".

Regards.

Last edited by MRGrp; 10th June 2015 at 19:48.
Old 10th June 2015, 19:47   #68
DrO

the placement of lines in the config should have no effect on how the DNAS processes things. the only time ordering has any effect is if you have duplicates of the same config item e.g. streamauthhash_2=xxx and then in that case the last one read is the one that is used.
Old 11th June 2015, 10:26   #69
MRGrp

Hello DrO,

In order to help out this community and other SHOUTcast + Centova Cast users I would like to share the result of some tests I made.
Centova Cast will handle properly the deletion and as a consequence the creation of new streams only if who makes the changes will firstly disable the AutoDJ, then restart the stream and only at this point delete the stream. In this way, there is no "ghost" stream remaining in the list and causing a new stream to be numbered as number "X" +1 and also causing issues with the authhash.

I am still testing, but it looks this is what is happening and the related work-around

Regards
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:06   #70
Avian

I've discovered a bug in 2.4.7.256 (win64, running as service) involving the metadata.

It all works great, but after running for some time, 2.4.7.256/win64 just stops serving the metadata. When this happens, The XML from admin.cgi?sid=1&mode=viewxml&page=5 just shows <SHOUTCASTSERVER></SHOUTCASTSERVER>, and that's it. It never recovers until the service is restarted. Then it works fine again.

This is with Windows Web Server 2008 R2, Service Pack 1.
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:17   #71
DrO

that response matches what the DNAS knows about. if metadata stops being served, have you checked that it's not due to the source no longer sending the metadata through. without debug enabled logs, there's not much else I can suggest other than making sure the information is still being provided by the source to the DNAS.
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:28   #72
Avian

Yeah, I thought it was the source at first. This has happened a couple of times, and I've determined it's not the source. Resetting the source (without doing anything else) does not fix the problem. Only restarting DNAS solves the problem (leaving the source alone).
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:41   #73
DrO

will need to have a log with all debugging options enabled emailed to [my username] @ winamp.com
Old 4th September 2015, 14:00   #74
Avian

DrO - ok, will put this in place and get that over to you when it fails next. Thx
Old 29th September 2015, 11:01   #75
chapiz

thank DrO.
chapiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 11:05   #76
newbornus

Hello!
where can i download a previous version? (2.4.2) ?
newbornus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 12:44   #77
neralex

Nowhere, only current builds are supported.
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 11:06   #78
MRGrp

Hello,

I started seeing in the logs the following lines in the last months, without we apparently changed anything from our side:

ERROR [YP] Stream #3 connection attempt failed. YP2 error code is 480 [Cannot see your station/computer (URL: h*ttp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/stream3 ) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.]

If we restart the stream, the error will randomly "switch" to stream 1 or 2 or again stream 3.

May I ask for help and suggestions how to fix this issue, please?

Thank you.

Regards
Old 16th March 2016, 06:10   #79
MRGrp

DrO or anybody else willing to help us out, regarding the above post?

Thank you in advance!

Regards
Old 16th March 2016, 06:17   #80
ram130

Send a message via AIM to ram130 Send a message via Yahoo to ram130
Saw a new post here, thought a new DNAS drop. But naw, nope. Maybe next year.

Ramon
ram130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions