Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to musicf8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyonSH View Post
Help guys, what is problem?
Maybe asking the one that developed the plugin might help

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp 5.8: 9/14/2017

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 18:29   #1883
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi LyonSH,

Post a screenshot of the Mixer tab.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 21:20   #1884
LyonSH

Hi Aminifu,

If check "Bass redirection", then bass appears, but very hard bass, blood from the ears...

And any manipulate settings from plugin, from winamp, from acoustic system - do not help.
LyonSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 02:11   #1885
motox22a

Chros,

I posted the other day but I guess it got lost...
I tried and really like Audacious...I even got it to work with Bluetooth by starting another applcation
in Pulse...Then close that application and open Audacious and pick default PCM output which will
fall back to the driver that was already being used (probably pulse)...For using the built in audio
which in my case is a USB DAC I just choose ALSA with HW 2.0)...I'm able to use my Winamp
Nucleolog skin which works mostly. And the equalizer is better control than the basic one in
Audacious...

QUOTE=chros;3084086]No, you don't have to and we can't get rid of Pusle Audio (it's so integrated) since 14.04 (?).
It's individual application setting, so you can set it in every audio/video player (Audacious, Clementine, SMPlayer, etc.) that supports it.
In Audacious, under Audio output:
- ouput: Alsa
- device: hw:0:HDA, direct hardware acces without samplerate conversion
- mixer: hardware master mixer

With this you'll get bit-perfect audio, means exclusive mode: other device can't access to the audio device until playback goes.

Maybe you can make the same work with Winamp (with WinE (?)), I haven't tried. If you managed to do so, let us know [/QUOTE]
motox22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 03:40   #1886
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi LyonSH,

There are 2 ways to fix this.

1. When the "Bass redirect" option is enabled, use the "Gains" tab to reduce the output gain of the "Sub" channel. Adjust the slider (bottom right) to a point below the mid line at which the bass response sounds acceptable.

2. On the Mixer tab, disable the "Auto matrix" and "Bass redirect" options, then enter the values for each channel in the "Mixing Matrix" manually. Click on the image below to see the values that I use. The values in the "C" column allows the plug-in to work with mono, as well as stereo, music files.

Experiment with your own values. Just keep them below 2.0 and/or adjust the output gains of each channel, if necessary.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MixerMatrix.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	53225

Old 3rd May 2017, 05:05   #1887
LyonSH

1. not works. 0 reaction, even if -999 Db
2. it's real work, thank you so much! My Asus Phoebus 5 years later, finally will be able upmix stereo to 5.1 in winamp ))
Old 3rd May 2017, 16:03   #1888
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyonSH View Post
1. not works. 0 reaction, even if -999 Db
2. it's real work, thank you so much! My Asus Phoebus 5 years later, finally will be able upmix stereo to 5.1 in winamp ))
I'm glad option 2 works for you. Enjoy your upmixing!

Here is a link to some technical info on how the matrix mixer works, if you're interested (http://www.ac3filter.net/wiki/AC3Filter:Mixer_page). It will help with selecting the appropriate values to get various results when upmixing your stereo files. It is possible to get large or subtle differences in sound from each output channel, which lets you get closer to what "true" multi-channel sound sounds like.

The full article explains the options on most of the other tabs.

My only issue with using this plug-in is that the AC3Filter (it is based on) doesn't support 7.1 speaker systems.

Old 5th May 2017, 08:23   #1889
DJs3000

Very old version 2.06 was AXP/Alpha support. It is possible to get the latest version for AXP?
DJs3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 14:54   #1890
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by motox22a View Post
On my desktop PC I had to use HW 2,0 USB as I'm using a USB DAC to play to desktop speakers..

Glad to see my Winamp NucleoLog Skin works fine and the extra benefit is that the Nucleolog graphic equalizer is used instead of the very basic audio equalizer in Audacious...

Visualisations from Winamp appear to not be supported as I tried copying my Analog Meters visualisation over to the Audacious folder usr/share/Audacious but it's not picked up in the Audacious interface (I tried both in the root directory and also making a profiles folder)...

The audio does seem cleaner than Pulse Audio (especially noticeable when wearing headphones)...

On my Laptop I was able to just use the default HW 0 Direct Hardware without any conversions setting.
I'm glad to hear it. Visualisation and other Winamp plugins are not supported: they have to be ported.
Btw, here's an old VUmeter plugin for it that doesn't work anymore with current versions (here are skins for it), but maybe asking the dev will resurrect it

Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 16:50   #1891
Alrock

Any actual news update?

This thread seems to have morphed into a general thread discussing a multitude of issues that should probably have their own threads.
Alrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 17:18   #1892
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
This thread seems to have morphed into a general thread discussing a multitude of issues that should probably have their own threads.
Agreed, yet a lot of the individual new threads are just link farms made by one-poster bots that mods don't seem to remove anymore regardless if its OT or pointless.

It's kinda weird that the current version is almost 4 years old...

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
Old 10th May 2017, 13:02   #1893
tapi0

https://techcrunch.com/2014/01/14/ao...audio-company/

Well AOL was going to terminate whole Winamp and did not update it.
Radionomy has not update it yet since it bought it in 2014.
tapi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 14:00   #1894
DJ-Garybaldy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapi0 View Post

Well AOL was going to terminate whole Winamp and did not update it.
Radionomy has not update it yet since it bought it in 2014.
Blame it on Radionomy's Legal department they're what's holding up the next version...

Is that still the case DJEgg?

Proud user of RadioDJ FREE shoutcast automation software

Online: Twitter - Facebook - Mixcloud
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 08:42   #1895
LyonSH

If they abandoned the software, Maybe they'll just publish the source code Winamp...
Old 16th May 2017, 01:59   #1896
mjmarrer

Has anyone else run into problems with the Bookmark Manager plug-in?

My Winamp was working fine until around the May 8-10. After that it would not launch. When I check the Windows Task Manager I see that it is sitting there as a process and is using just under 20,000K of memory - but it never completes starting. This occurs even after rebooting and making Winamp the first thing I manually launch.

Launching Winamp in Safe Mode works fine. It comes up and uses about 32,000K of memory.

I made no changes at all to my system last week, other than installing some required updates that were flagged by Microsoft (BTW, I am running Windows 7 Pro).

Just for the fun of it I tried uninstalling those updates over the weekend to see what would happen. I could uninstall all except one dated 5/13 which I could not remove (I suspect it was a forced mandatory update to combat that worldwide ransomware attack). But that had no effect, so I reinstalled all of the Microsoft updates.

This is kind of a pain running in Safe mode, as it always prompts me as a reminder that all plug-ins will be disabled.

I found the file where all of the stations I put in the Bookmark Manager section were stored, so I know the list of what they are.

The question is, without Winamp launching, how can I disable that plug-in? Or is my only option uninstalling Winamp and reinstalling it? If the latter, what file do I need to save to maintain my existing customized settings? (Of course, I need to make sure those settings only referred to stored colors, theme and stations and not any plug-ins - otherwise I'll just be back where I started.)

Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

I know Winamp is "dead", but I've looked at the recommended replacements and am not thrilled. Everything seems to be geared to playing CDs and downloaded MP3s. I use Winamp strictly as a radio player, and really like it that way.
mjmarrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 08:08   #1897
Alrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmarrer View Post
Has anyone else run into problems with the Bookmark Manager plug-in?

My Winamp was working fine until around the May 8-10. After that it would not launch. When I check the Windows Task Manager I see that it is sitting there as a process and is using just under 20,000K of memory - but it never completes starting. This occurs even after rebooting and making Winamp the first thing I manually launch.

Launching Winamp in Safe Mode works fine. It comes up and uses about 32,000K of memory.

I made no changes at all to my system last week, other than installing some required updates that were flagged by Microsoft (BTW, I am running Windows 7 Pro).

Just for the fun of it I tried uninstalling those updates over the weekend to see what would happen. I could uninstall all except one dated 5/13 which I could not remove (I suspect it was a forced mandatory update to combat that worldwide ransomware attack). But that had no effect, so I reinstalled all of the Microsoft updates.

This is kind of a pain running in Safe mode, as it always prompts me as a reminder that all plug-ins will be disabled.

I found the file where all of the stations I put in the Bookmark Manager section were stored, so I know the list of what they are.

The question is, without Winamp launching, how can I disable that plug-in? Or is my only option uninstalling Winamp and reinstalling it? If the latter, what file do I need to save to maintain my existing customized settings? (Of course, I need to make sure those settings only referred to stored colors, theme and stations and not any plug-ins - otherwise I'll just be back where I started.)

Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

I know Winamp is "dead", but I've looked at the recommended replacements and am not thrilled. Everything seems to be geared to playing CDs and downloaded MP3s. I use Winamp strictly as a radio player, and really like it that way.
Would this question not be better placed in Winamp Technical Support rather than cluttering up the news thread with non-news?
Old 16th May 2017, 14:47   #1898
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmarrer View Post
The question is, without Winamp launching, how can I disable that plug-in?
You can disable a plug-in by renaming or deleting its DLL file.
Do it with Winamp closed.
For example; if you want to disable playlists in the Library, rename ml_playlists.dll to OFFml_playlists.dllOFF.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 22:18   #1899
bledd

I'm still holding onto the hope that Winamp will one day return.

Been a daily for at least 17 years

Even modified/mademyown skin

bledd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 22:40   #1900
mjmarrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
Would this question not be better placed in Winamp Technical Support rather than cluttering up the news thread with non-news?
Sorry. A Google search brought me to this section, and I thought it was stand alone. I never looked at the top of the page to notice that there was a hierarchical structure. I'll go post it over there.

(It looks like since it has been replied to, I cannot edit or remove the original post now)
mjmarrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 15:40   #1901
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

And again I had to hear the word "dead" in this thread. But maybe it is only a longer winter sleep. Currently Winamp is in his winter sleep, and he will awaken from his winter sleep some day. I am sure, he will do that. And then we will say: Hello Winamp...

BTW, from where can I get the Winamp Classic Skin in Post #1899? Of course I want to have it...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 00:42   #1902
AndreWinamp

Hey, can we buy Winamp from Vivendi? Is it possible? We could crowdfund it, couldn't we?
That would be awesome
AndreWinamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 14:07   #1903
tapi0

Hmm...that would be nice if we users could buy it.
Then it could be made to open source?
I think I could use 5-10 euros to Winamp then.
Old 21st May 2017, 22:07   #1904
gaekwad2
Foorum King

And how good are you at coding?

15 years ago free Winamp source code might have attracted enough coders willing and able to work on it for free (though even then that wouldn't have been certain). Now?

And if you're going to crowdfund a media player development team, you might as well start from scratch without crufty legacy code. Maybe buy the name.

Oh btw, there already is a version of Winamp that was made open source. It's called wasabi.player.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2017, 02:46   #1905
osmosis
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreWinamp View Post
Hey, can we buy Winamp from Vivendi? Is it possible? We could crowdfund it, couldn't we?
That would be awesome
We should crowdfund DrO and that could be a stretch goal.

In all seriousness though, we should all Patreon DrO.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2017, 04:14   #1906
musicf8
Major Dude

Well at least mp3 is now past its patent license expiration, so we have that...

In other news... it seems like this forum is becoming more and more full of spam. But the classic winamp skin above looks sick, i'd run with it.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 23rd May 2017, 07:45   #1907
dybyt

Hello, Winamp forum. I am a long time Winamp user, but we all have to agree, it belongs to the past. Digital music is moving from local to cloud and we cannot do anything about it. Additionally, longer time we will have to wait, less people will be interested in Winamp. What is the real value of Winamp beside it's shrinking loyal fanbase?
dybyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:56   #1908
Alrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybyt View Post
...Digital music is moving from local to cloud and we cannot do anything about it....
Yes we can... If you don't want your music in the cloud then there is nothing stopping you from storing it locally.
Old 23rd May 2017, 15:13   #1909
musicf8
Major Dude

Exactly, I have some 25k songs and mixes in my collection, why would I want to throw all that away and rely on services like spotify or pandora. And I do use Google Music to stream my tracks at work, but that service isn't that great on categorizing music.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 23rd May 2017, 15:24   #1910
GorillaCat

Quote:
it belongs to the past.
Dis guy signed up just to post this. That's fine m8, it's not like you're wrong. The future of Winamp is very much bleak. The CEO of Radionomy wanting to put it everywhere sounds almost foolish since every where Winamp isn't there's established heavy hitters working well past their teething issues, let's take car head units for example. Winamp is literally replaced by any app that works with CarPlay or Android Auto also phones that stream audio over BT. Yep, the cloud will be "The Death of Winamp".
Quote:
What is the real value of Winamp beside it's shrinking loyal fanbase?
In short, not much else. It doesn't really make sense to continue development. IDK man stars burn brightest before they die, so let's raise a glass for- Oh, wait. It's still on my desktop, it still works, I still have a use for it. I don't know why you came here or what you're looking for (validation of your ideas?) but y'all have a nice day pumkin.

Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)

Last edited by GorillaCat; 23rd May 2017 at 17:01.
GorillaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 16:48   #1911
tapi0

I think that I'm not going ever to fully throw away my music library and use some streaming only. I have so much CD's that I have ripped to mp3 which I listen with Winamp. I once had even own server pc to store that music but it got broken. All the music is still at it's HDD's though. Nowdays I am concering to buy NAS for my music.
Old 23rd May 2017, 16:53   #1912
GorillaCat

A NAS and Plex sound like a good solution vs. being a the mercy of Pandora or Spotify and their algorithms and potential contract disputes with artists. Also owning what you're listening to beats any streaming service; You get what you want, the artist & record label get paid, everyone wins.

Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)
GorillaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 18:29   #1913
Aminifu
Forum King

I will store my music (and other data files) locally for as long as it's possible to do so. I will never volunteer to depend on the cloud to listen to what I want when I want.

Sure, I listen to streams from time to time to discover new music. Then I buy what I like and store it locally. The good thing about the cloud is that you can buy just what you want and not whole albums just for a few songs on it.

Old 24th May 2017, 15:05   #1914
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Also I myself prefer to have the most loved artists, albums and songs on my harddrives, so that I can listen to the music also offline (of course in Winamp and in no other media player). The same is also for the videos (mostly WMV), the images and documentations. Especially as artist for me it is neccessary, that I have the best free software to make my own artist works (currently especially desktop wallpapers). All downloads on my harddrives are free downloads, and sometimes I also ripp a song from one of our CDs or I create a new image (for example also with a nature-walk).

For streaming the music from the internet: Mostly I look for the Creative Commons Artists, but also for other Electronic Musicians, for example on YouTube and SoundCloud. I have to live with the fact, that sometimes a track or video is deleted.

I never want to depend on a cloud service and on a permanent internet-connection, which suddenly can be interrupted. Also I still pay everything with the old fashioned method, money coins and banknotes. For money transfers I fill out paper forms and I go to the bank, and sometimes I take new money home, if I visit the bank. I still have no credit card and no PayPal.

Maybe I should leave now some greetings to all my artist-colleagues. I am still thinking of You all...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2017, 21:34   #1915
musicf8
Major Dude

You know... since its obvious that Radionomy doesn't care about Winamp at this point, I kind of wonder if we could at least petition for it to go back to Justin, I mean he at least seems opened to it. Maybe as a donation or something so that TPTB can have a damn write off or something. At least it would be more respectable to have the original developer abandon it if he chose than some corporation making empty promises.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 30th May 2017, 02:40   #1916
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

I wonder if he said "I'd like it back" like "back to me" or more like "back on track"..
Anyway, if it's meant to be abandonware (like it is now) I don't see much difference other than a slightly better chance for him to do something just out of love..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 07:48   #1917
tapi0

Well that would be good option to choose. I too beleave it's better to let it die in original hands than some corporate if it must.
Old 1st June 2017, 19:30   #1918
LAMBDA471

Winamp 5.8 is somewhere out there! I just found evidence that someone who had Winamp 5.8 installed checked SUMo for updates and his version got added to the list.

LAMBDA471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 19:53   #1919
musicf8
Major Dude

unless someone just hex edited it

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 1st June 2017, 19:59   #1920
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
Yes. Winamp 5.8 BETA exists.
No, it is not available for everyone (access limited to some betatesters).

To be honest, nobody really knows when it will be released (if ever). It all depends on current Winamp owner. However, it has been already more then 3 years since they accuired Winamp...
Still no decission. No official news... nothing!

-Pawel
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion