Old 17th July 2016, 03:36   #1
Digital_Digger

"Seek" mode???

Let me see if I can explain this idea... when I was a teenager, my dad had an '87 GTA Trans Am with a pretty awesome AC Delco tape deck with a feature called "Seek." It was like a sort of "intelligent fast forward" - when you pressed "Seek" it would immediately zoom to the next song on the tape. I guess the tape head would find out where the next point of sound was and then it would stop and play from that point.

Anyway... I save a lot of vinyl rips for archiving purposes. I love the rips, but getting to the next song is a bit tricky using just the status bar. What I would like to see in Winamp next is an "intelligent seek" so that I can just hit the Seek button and it will go to the next place in the file where there is sound (you can usually tell where the last song ended because of the gap of silence, however the size of the status bar makes it difficult to get there by hand).
Digital_Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 00:32   #2
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Not a bad idea, can see various uses for this. But you'll have more lucky asking former Winamp dev, Darren Owen, to make that plugin for you if you want to get it any time soon. Check here: http://winampplugins.co.uk/#Contact

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist