Old 3rd April 2017, 17:27   #41
ariszlo

That is good news. Waiting for the new release.
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 14:41   #42
PeterK.

While testing the new Notifier/Songticker context menu options I stumbled upon two further features which I totally neglected so far. These would be the Fade In/Out Effects states which allow to move the notifier horizontally/vertically for example. And since those features did not work properly, caused by an outdated notifier script I had to update this one.

I already made it and am very pleased with the results. Although I have to confess that Bento's notifier script does not allow notification displays without album art cover on them. Well, it would be possible to comment out that part of the file but would mean a lot of work and even more testing.

Long story short: there will be an album cover on the Notifier in the coming version 1.2.

Now I would like to know your opinion about three things which I might change for the next update:

1) should we keep the rounded edges on the Notifier or change it to 90° corners?
2) what would be the best size for an album cover?
3) should we keep the text alignment as it is (in the middle) or change it to Bento-style?

PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 18:06   #43
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi PeterK.,

The Bento-based notifier options (position, fade in/out, timing, etc.) selected in 1 skin are subsequently used by other skins that support Bento-based notifiers. The options I had selected for the skin that I use most often did not change when I switched to Quinto Black CT, so I didn't realize that it's fade in/out options were not working correctly. I did test changing the notifier's position, but I didn't test the other options.

I appreciate having albumart in the notifier. It helps me identify a song more quickly when the rest of Winamp is not visible (minimized or underneath other app windows). I was going to suggest albumart be added to your notifier, but changed my mind after your response to my resizing controls comment.

I think you should leave the size and shape of the notifier as it is and the albumart should be sized to fit within it. The alignment of the text placed to the right (or left) of the albumart should also remain as it is. I think the style of the notifier should reflect the style of the skin and the desires of the skin's developer as much as possible, and not be a cookie cutter copy of the notifier in other skins.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2017, 08:01   #44
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
... I think you should leave the size and shape of the notifier as it is ...

Thank you for your feedback Aminifu. I will keep the Notifier like this:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-04-08_Bild_23.png
Views:	257
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	53174  
Old 8th April 2017, 17:08   #45
ariszlo

Looks cool except the right margin which is too wide compared to the left one. Did you change your mind and added album art?
Old 8th April 2017, 17:41   #46
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
Looks cool except the right margin which is too wide compared to the left one.
Is your OCD acting up? The text is not perfectly centered in the current notifier either. Does it need to be?

Quote:
Did you change your mind and added album art?
Reread post #42 above.

Old 8th April 2017, 20:44   #47
PeterK.

Ariszló is totally right. Those text lines on the Notifier are not aligned properly.

The cause for that glitch is Bento's notifier script, which I implemented in my skin and which, as Ariszló should know, was coded for text alignment next to the cover (hence left) and not in the middle. The exact same file is also responsible for the size of the Notifier and placement of those text lines (artist, title, album etc).

I meanwhile managed to have perfect text alignment while displaying notifications with a cover. Too bad that notifications with missing album art cover are broken now. And at this moment I really would not know how to fix both of them.

I definitely will have a look at these lines in Bento's script but cannot promise perfect aligned notification lines.
Old 8th April 2017, 21:13   #48
ariszlo

Editing these lines in notifier.m may give the desired results:

w = w + 30; // Line 356

if (g_text) g_text.setXmlParam("x", "75"); // Lines 786-787 for notifier with albumart
if (g_text) g_text.setXmlParam("w", "-95");

if (g_text) g_text.setXmlParam("x", "15"); // Lines 792-793 for no albumart
if (g_text) g_text.setXmlParam("w", "-35");

return maxv + ( showAlbumArt * 60 ) + 1; // Line 819
Old 11th April 2017, 14:12   #49
PeterK.

A note regarding the vertical slide option in Notifications context menu.

Upon further testing I realized that this particular feature does not work properly. Two scenarios would always trigger the Notifier to just pop in on the desktop instead of moving it vertically:

1) Fresh Winamp start
2) double click on a song in the Playlist Editor

and

1) click on the EJECT button (open file)
2) double click on a playlist file in the Open/Save Dialog Box.

Deleting or even commenting out these vertical slide options from the context menu would mean deleting many lines within the notifier script file which could cause another glitches and which I really would like to avoid. Hence I am going to leave it as it is. As for now I do not recommend using it.

The default setting while running Quinto's coming release 1.2 will obviously be the ALPHA option, which has never caused any troubles whatsoever.
Old 11th April 2017, 14:44   #50
PeterK.

Quote:
... The text is not perfectly centered in the current notifier either. Does it need to be? ...
No, it does not but it should be.

Looking better now?

I will also cancel Bento's width limitation for the Notifier which means you will get the entire title/artist/album text line on your notification display.

P.S. Is there still such thing as AOL Radio?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Notifier_1.png
Views:	227
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	53175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Notifier_2.png
Views:	228
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	53176   Click image for larger version

Name:	Notifier_3.png
Views:	229
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	53178  
Old 11th April 2017, 19:52   #51
ariszlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
Looking better now?
Much better! My ocd is pleased.

Quote:
P.S. Is there still such thing as AOL Radio?
I don't think there is but it does not hurt to keep the code. It just won't be used.
Old 12th April 2017, 18:10   #52
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
A note regarding the vertical slide option in Notifications context menu.

Upon further testing I realized that this particular feature does not work properly. Two scenarios would always trigger the Notifier to just pop in on the desktop instead of moving it vertically:

1) Fresh Winamp start
2) double click on a song in the Playlist Editor

and

1) click on the EJECT button (open file)
2) double click on a playlist file in the Open/Save Dialog Box.

Deleting or even commenting out these vertical slide options from the context menu would mean deleting many lines within the notifier script file which could cause another glitches and which I really would like to avoid. Hence I am going to leave it as it is. As for now I do not recommend using it.

The default setting while running Quinto's coming release 1.2 will obviously be the ALPHA option, which has never caused any troubles whatsoever.

Strange, I've noticed that all the notifier options work in the Big Bento skin. They continue to work as they were set there (including the vertical slide) after switching to this skin.

I normally use the horizontal slide in and alpha fade out (at the top center of my monitor) for all the skins in my collection that use a Bento-based notifier. I just checked with the skin I use most often (listed in my signature below) and the vertical slide option doesn't work in it either. However, switching to Big Bento to select it and then switching back causes it to work.

I also see in the current version of your skin that it is not possible to select different fade in and fade out options. Whatever is selected for one is automatically applied to the other. Did you fix that?

The Bento-based notifier options (that Winamp applies to all such notifiers) are written to a common area in the "studio.xnf" file (in the Winamp folder in your user's data folder). Since this is working correctly in Big Bento, it appears that something in your and Victhor's skins are writing (or causing Winamp to write) an alpha fade to "studio.xnf" when vertical slide is selected.

P.S.
Great job on your notifier text alignment for the next version.

Old 13th April 2017, 09:41   #53
PeterK.

Quote:
Strange, I've noticed that all the notifier options work in the Big Bento skin. They continue to work as they were set there (including the vertical slide) after switching to this skin.
Yes, this is also correct while running Quinto. After the first non-correct-movement the second and third click on a song would make the Notifier move vertically. So strange indeed.

Quote:
However, switching to Big Bento to select it and then switching back causes it to work.
Another yes. The whole vertical movement of the Notifier in my skin seemed to work a little bit "unstable".

Quote:
I also see in the current version of your skin that it is not possible to select different fade in and fade out options. Whatever is selected for one is automatically applied to the other. Did you fix that?
Yes indeed I did fix it. Thank you for mentioning.

Quote:
... it appears that something in your and Victhor's skins are writing (or causing Winamp to write) an alpha fade to "studio.xnf" when vertical slide is selected.
No Aminifu, this is not the reason why we get this bug. The Notifier would also just pop in on the desktop after deletion of the studio file.
The reason why the Notifier won't slide vertically lies in the notifier.m file.

As you probably remember not only Quinto uses Bento's notifier script but also the OpenSource-Notifier project. And we both (Ariszló and I) could not stop wondering why this feature would work so smoothly in Bento while it makes Notifier just pops in on the desktop in non-Bento skins. So we contacted the creator of those script files and asked for a hint. Martin, as usually, said only once sentence:

"Replace the y parameter with sy in the line 432"

So from:
PHP Code:
notifier_layout.resize(notifier_layout.getguiX(), ynotifier_layout.getGuiW(), 80); 
into:

PHP Code:
notifier_layout.resize(notifier_layout.getguiX(), synotifier_layout.getGuiW(), 80); 
And this is it!
I have been running all possible Fade In/Fade Out constellations since two days and can confirm that this has finally fixed this bug.
(Finger crossed )

Quote:
Great job on your notifier text alignment for the next version.
I am also happy I finally got it right.
Old 13th April 2017, 16:57   #54
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:

And this is it!
I have been running all possible Fade In/Fade Out constellations since two days and can confirm that this has finally fixed this bug.
(Finger crossed )
That's great! I can stop switching to Bento to setup the notifier options for this skin.

The solution reminds me of when I was writing assembly code many years ago. Issues like this would keep me up nights. I couldn't rest until I found out what was wrong.

Old 14th April 2017, 07:58   #55
PeterK.

There is a glitch in the "Now Playing" option of the MediaLibrary window. The scrollbars and their background get gray/white while running Quinto on a Windows 10 machine:

Everything's fine here on a Windows XP desktop:

In order to be sure that this issue is not Quinto-related I fired up Bento and got exactly the same result:

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MediaLibrary10.png
Views:	208
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	53180   Click image for larger version

Name:	MediaLibraryXP.png
Views:	208
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	53181   Click image for larger version

Name:	MediaLibraryBento.png
Views:	203
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	53182  
Old 14th April 2017, 17:17   #56
Aminifu
Forum King

I see the same thing. Winamp uses code from Windows (pieces of Internet Explorer) to provide it's internal internet browsing features. I believe the Windows browser code is the cause of this, but I'm probably wrong. I have Edge, Internet Explorer, and Vivaldi installed in my Windows 10 OS.

Anyway, I had disabled the plug-in that provides the "Now Playing" feature. It used an AOL server (unless you provide the address of another in the plug-in's configuration options) to provide internet based info on the playing song. The AOL server had stopped working and I don't know of an URL for another.

Old 16th April 2017, 08:11   #57
PeterK.

Quote:
I see the same thing....
So let's move it to the Known-Bugs-Cabinet.

There is a small additional option in the Notification context menu which will allow you to set a fixed time for Notifier's appearance on the desktop. The time range is 1, 3 and 5 seconds which should be perfectly sufficient for that task.

Notifier's default settings while running Quinto for the first time will be:

FadeIn Effect: Alpha Fade
FadeOut Effect: Alpha Fade

FadeInTime: 1 second
HoldTime: 3 seconds
FadeOutTime: 1 second

After the first run you may change the values to your liking.

I chose the very simple expression "Time" for the name since it is translated into other languages and pretty understandable for that purpose. All three Time context menu options are translated as well. Only the "sec" strings are going to stay that way because there is no "sec" or "seconds" term in the translation table unlike the others names.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AdjustTime.png
Views:	193
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	53183  
Old 16th April 2017, 17:53   #58
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:

Notifier's default settings while running Quinto for the first time will be:

FadeIn Effect: Alpha Fade
FadeOut Effect: Alpha Fade

FadeInTime: 1 second
HoldTime: 3 seconds
FadeOutTime: 1 second

After the first run you may change the values to your liking.

Thank you for the heads up. My times are set for 2.5, 7.5, and 2.5 seconds. It is fortunate, for me, that these and the other options for Quinto Black CT's notifier can be set in other skins.

Old 16th April 2017, 18:11   #59
PeterK.

Quote:
It is fortunate, for me, that these and the other options for Quinto Black CT's notifier can be set in other skins.
This won't (probably) work because my skin uses different hash values for Notifier's submenu

I just set holdtime to 7500ms using scotsman's skin and switched to Quinto. After 3 seconds the Notifier was gone. (as set in script file). So we will need another way to give you your 2.5 and 7.5 seconds.
Old 16th April 2017, 18:49   #60
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
This won't (probably) work because my skin uses different hash values for Notifier's submenu

We'll see when I'm able to test the new version. Worst case, I'll just have to adjust to what is available. I really like the upgrades you've made to Quinto.

Old 16th April 2017, 19:51   #61
PeterK.

Quote:
... Worst case, I'll just have to adjust to what is available ...
Dry your tears Aminifu, I will add a 7-sec-option to the context menu. OK?
Old 19th April 2017, 15:36   #62
Aminifu
Forum King

Ok, thanx.

Old 22nd April 2017, 16:41   #63
PeterK.

I am implementing a feature which I know from the skin called Ebonite and which gives the user the ability to set the Notifier (notification window) deeper or higher on the desktop. Unlike the technique used in this particular skin which provides a separate window for that option I added this feature to Notifier's context menu:

You may choose a value between 0 and 80 pixel. The chosen option will add pixel to the y-parameter of the Notifier. So you may have it 80 pixel deeper (seen from the top edge of your desktop) or higher (in case you set bottom_center as location).

There is no translation for the string "Y-Offset" but I think you will get the idea pretty fast.

So now we have a fully equipped Notifier menu including:

Fade Out Effect
Time
Y-Offset

Anything else while I am at it?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	offset.png
Views:	160
Size:	330.0 KB
ID:	53189  
Old 22nd April 2017, 23:05   #64
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Anything else while I am at it?
It appears you have covered everything notifier related.

I have the Ebonite v2.0 skin in my collection. It has the notifier options on both a separate configuration window and in the main context menu's Options sub-menu. The time option is not included, but the times I've set for my other modern skins are maintained. Each Y-Offset also moves the X starting positions more to the right (or left) on my computer. I assume your implementation will just affect the Y coordinate.

Old 24th April 2017, 10:21   #65
PeterK.

Quote:
... I assume your implementation will just affect the Y coordinate...
No!

Now this is fun!

In the beginning, while adding the Y Offset to Notifier's context menu I refused even to think about the X Offset because the endless repetition of if()...else() lines might have caused a small chaos for two different cases. (X and Y coordinates).

In the end the implementation of this technique turned out surprisingly easy compared to Y Offset which "demanded" a bunch of if()...else() queries.

As for now all offset values are shown properly and I hope it will stay that way.

A screenshot of the notification window after setting both X and Y offset to 0:

And another one after changing both offsets to 80 (pixel):

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	xoffset.PNG
Views:	146
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	53194   Click image for larger version

Name:	offset1.png
Views:	152
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	53195   Click image for larger version

Name:	offset2.png
Views:	147
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	53196  
Old 25th April 2017, 17:16   #66
ariszlo

A customizer's dream! Why are you hiding the "Show Now Playing Artwork" option from the menu?
Old 25th April 2017, 17:30   #67
PeterK.

Quote:
... Why are you hiding the "Show Now Playing Artwork" option from the menu?
And what does this option actually do? I see no "visual effects" while runing Bento/Pimeer/STUDY and having this option checked.
Old 25th April 2017, 19:11   #68
ariszlo

If it is checked then the cover art embedded in the mp3 file is shown. If it is unchecked then it isn't.
Old 25th April 2017, 19:54   #69
PeterK.

Quote:
If it is checked then the cover art embedded in the mp3 file is shown. If it is unchecked then it isn't.
Thank you for pointing it out. Here it is!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Artwork.png
Views:	134
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	53198  
Old 27th April 2017, 15:43   #70
PeterK.

All of you who use Quinto on a regular basis will know there is button on the Equalizer-Drawer which gives the ability to switch between three different colors of the side-panels. I used the same technique for a new Notifier option but this time via context menu and not by hitting a button:

It is obvious that some of us prefer dark wallpapers on their desktops while others like bright colors. In order to give all of you a notification window which is "visible" on every desktop I created an option which, once clicked, switches between a dark and light Notifier background:

Having done this I would like to draw a line here and call this update finished. The remaining days till the end of the month I would like to use for some testing and code-cleaning. In the beginning of May a new Quinto Black CT version (1.2) should be online.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	context_menu.png
Views:	125
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	53203   Click image for larger version

Name:	dark-light.png
Views:	125
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	53204  
Old 29th April 2017, 21:08   #71
PeterK.

A short note:

I added (yet another) feature to Notifier's context menu called SIZE which allows to switch between STANDARD and HIGH-RESOLUTION size of the notification window. On a standard display the difference in size would be like on the following screenshot:

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Size.png
Views:	121
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	53221  
Old 13th May 2017, 11:11   #72
PeterK.

Hello again!

Shortly after the release of version 1.2 and I am already working on a new feature! This is nuts - but makes so much fun!

This new feature has been "around" for a while in some skins (mostly vintage ones) but will be a new, re-written and re-designed Plug-In in Quinto's coming version 1.3.

VU Meter is the new "kid" in my skin. There are some meters which were implemented in skins but which never gave me the impression of a halfway "real working and looking" meter. I needed a more realistic mechanism which would satisfy my senses and work properly. Therefore I kept searching.

Today I am very happy to announce that I found THAT thing.

It is a VU Meter Plug-In which I could not download because it is stored on a not active server but I was lucky to have found a skin with that particular script. It is called "WMP11 BlueVU".

The VU Meter Plug-In was made by entrase whom I neither could find in the members list nor got a reply after sending him a message. I hope he does not mind.

Currently I am altering the script file to fit into my skin and must admit that things are looking good. Also the first draft of the Plug-In bitmap is already finished and would look like this in the OFF-STATE (introduced in my very first Quinto version):

And another screenshot of the same Main Player and VU Meter while playing a file:

After clicking on one of those MENU buttons a menu will pop up showing:
  • Rise Speed (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
  • Falloff Speed (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
  • Sensitivity (1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0)
  • Mode (Exponential, Hybrid (exp+linear), Linear, Hybrid (log+linear), Logarithmic)

I am convinced that those options will satisfy all your needs.

The button in the left bottom corner is a mock-up/fake button for now. I could image to add an option to it later. (Maybe ON/OFF?). I also will think about changing the background of the scale according to chosen COLOR THEME.

From now on the new feature definitely needs some polishing and testing. So stay tuned!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	VU-ON STATE.png
Views:	91
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	53241   Click image for larger version

Name:	VU-OFF STATE.png
Views:	94
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	53242  
Old 13th May 2017, 18:26   #73
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi PeterK.,

Nice idea. I have an old plug-in for dual VU meters for classic skins. It is true that most of these kind of meters for Winamp are not very accurate. However it is cool to have an active visual indication to let you know when the channels volume balance is not equal.

While they're not VU meters, the spectrum analyzers on the Now Playing view of Victhor's Komodo skin (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=382601) are the only ones I've ever seen that appear to accurately represent the different stereo responses coming from the right and left channels. Any chance of adding stereo spectrum analyzers like these?

Old 13th May 2017, 20:06   #74
PeterK.

Quote:
Any chance of adding stereo spectrum analyzers like these?
From the top of my head I would say these are just two visualizers which do not "accurately represent the different stereo responses coming from the right and left channels" because there is only one visualizer in Winamp. I jut made a screenshot while playing a file and see exactly the same "values" on both sides with one difference: these two visualizers are (double) mirrored.

I really hope I am not saying anything silly here - we could also ask Victor. But as far as I know you can have different stereo responses only while using VU meters - either as two bars like on Quinto's MainPlayer or in a separate container window using needles. Making such feature requires namely the use of two commands:

getLeftVuMeter() and getRightVuMeter()

Adding a visualizer (also called "Visualization") means just adding these simple lines, which automatically display it wherever you wish:

PHP Code:
<vis
      x
="355" y="47" w="126" h="34"

id="player.vis.id"

colorallbands="130,130,130"

peaks="0"
/> 
As you see: no left or right.
Old 14th May 2017, 12:31   #75
PeterK.

On this following screenshot you can clearly see the difference between the left and the right channel:

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	VU-Meter.png
Views:	79
Size:	380.1 KB
ID:	53247  
Old 14th May 2017, 16:08   #76
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi,

What was the balance control set to when the above screenshot was made? I can get a similar response with the plug-in I have (BJR Labs - Stereo Analog VU Meter (RMS) v1.50 [vis_vu.dll]) by moving the balance control slightly off center (left or right).

I admit I don't know how the VU meters and spectrum analyzers technically work. However, I do see differences in the spectrum analyzers in Victhor's Komodo skin. At first I thought they were mirrored responses, but under close inspection (using screenshots made while playing songs with distinct channel differences) I could see that they are not. Even if these stereo responses are not real or accurate, it is a nice bit of 'eye candy' that I've not seen utilized in any other skin.

Maybe it is the double mirroring you mentioned (or are you talking about the reflections?) or some sort of delay between their responses. I do see a section in the skin's "player-normal.xml" file that has different commands (e.g. ghost="1" and flipv="1") for 1 of the analyzers (which may support some kind of mirroring). Some time ago, I edited the "colorbandpeak=", "colorband*=", and "colorosc*=" commands so that each analyzer would use the same values for these commands (to see if it would make a difference). A few of the original values between the analyzers were different, iirc. I can compare what I've done to the original file if you think it matters.

I'm looking forward to checking out the dual VU meters in the next version of Quinto Black CT.

Name:	Quinto Black CT 1.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	439.8 KB
ID:	53250

Last edited by Aminifu; 14th May 2017 at 17:26.
Old 15th May 2017, 15:09   #77
PeterK.

The coming VU Meter Plug-In is getting in shape, I changed a bunch of things and made the whole bitmap a little bit more realistic. It looks much better now

And regarding Aminifu's wish for a "eye-candy-visualization" I could image to add another VU Meter but this time a digital one. Kind of like this one.

How do you like it?

P.S. Nice desktop!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	VU Meter.png
Views:	69
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	53252  
Old 15th May 2017, 16:18   #78
Aminifu
Forum King

This skin already has a digital stereo VU meter. It's under the time elapsed/remaining on the main player (horizontal and without colors) as indicated in post #75 above. I suppose it won't hurt to add an option for another one (larger and more colorful). Narrow, side by side, digital meters do make it easier to notice channel differences (especially those with colors), but I like the analog style.

In addition to the 'eye candy', I also like spectrum analyzers because they provide a sort of visual aid when playing around with Winamp's equalizer options. I know these are only gross representations due to differences in bandwidths, number of bands, and other things. In the end, the best way to to adjust equalizers is by careful listening to what you hear, imo.

P.S.
Thanx for the compliment on my desktop. When used with modern skins, that VU meter can only be placed on the lower left side of the screen. I'm still trying to decide on the Quinto Black CT windows arrangement I like best and how to incorporate the Waveform Seeker plug-in window.

Old 16th May 2017, 16:15   #79
PeterK.

Quote:
This skin already has a digital stereo VU meter. It's under the time elapsed/remaining on the main player (horizontal and without colors) as indicated in post #75 above.
I must say, you are an attentive reader. Yes, this is true. We already have a digital VU Meter, which is more a tiny "Nice-To-Have" than a "Eye-Candy-Visualization".
Quote:
I suppose it won't hurt to add an option for another one (larger and more colorful).
Well, let's do it. I would be happy to add it to my skin.
Quote:
In addition to the 'eye candy', I also like spectrum analyzers
One last word about these sSpectrum Analyzers. Right now I would not know where to put such additional visualization on my skin. In near future I could imagine to implement a new Max-Window-Option which would stretch across the entire desktop and provide the standard functionality (Album Art, Songinfo, Playbck Buttons etc). The intention behind this project is driven by the fact, that Quinto is too small for me on my new FullHD laptop. Adding a "Komodo-Like-Now-Playing-Window" would "kill two birds with one stone". It would still provide a regular/standard Skin for standard viewports (with approximately 96dpi) and give all users with high-resolution screens the opportunity to enjoy Winamp without complaining about too tiny graphic elements. As soon as there is such a window we would instantly have enough space for two nice Spectrum Analyzers.
Quote:
I'm still trying to decide on the Quinto Black CT windows arrangement
I always use only one window: either PL or ML. You will find Playlist, Album-Cover and Playback buttons on both of them. Hence one of them should be sufficient. Don't you think?
Quote:
...the Waveform Seeker plug-in window.
I used to have it on my desktop but got tired of waiting while playing new songs.

I also noticed that the background color of the context menu sometimes changes its color and gets white. Is this a skin or Winamp related issue?

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kontxtmenu.PNG
Views:	66
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	53255  
Old 17th May 2017, 06:28   #80
ariszlo

Quote:
I also noticed that the background color of the context menu sometimes changes its color and gets white. Is this a skin or Winamp related issue?
I have randomly seen it with other skins, too, so I believe it is Winamp related.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
color theme, modern skin, peterk, quinto black, victhor