Old 2nd May 2017, 19:29   #1
GeoCatFM

Short songs fast forward

Hello winamp people!
I have made a radio comunity and we wanted to make some self made ads,
I have 8 files of minimum 15 seconds but when I play them to shoutcast server they randomly fastforward.
I tryd putting all the ads in 1 file so the file was 1,5 minutes but it still fast forwarded,
Then I tryd putting a file in front of the ads in 1 file so it was like 4 minutes but still it fast forwarded.
The ads are 128kbps like my max kbps on my radio but it still fast forwards...
Please help me because I really need those ads

- GeoCatFM
GeoCatFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 18:23   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

You can try thinktink's companion plug-ins; X-Fade and NoFlush.

X-Fade can be configured to cross-fade and/or re-sample your input files to insure they all send the same sample rate, number of channels, and bit depth to your SHOUTCast DSP plug-in. It is an input plug-in that hooks into the processing chain after the appropriate input decoders and before anything else in the processing chain. X-Fade also includes a feature that lets you cross-fade the songs, but not the ads in a playlist.

NoFlush is an output plug-in that processes the output and chains to the final output plug-in selected in it's configuration option. It prevents the playback timing from being interrupted by Winamp and you won't get any pops or clicks or other audio artifacts if using X-Fade to cross-fade the next song.

The download link for the installer for the current versions of these plug-ins is in post #35 of this thread (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=379988). Read thinktink's other posts in this thread to better understand what these plug-ins do and how to use them.

My hope is that X-Fade's re-sampling (with or without what NoFlush does) may solve your problem.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
ads, fastforward, short songs, shoutcast, winamp