Old 19th August 2012, 13:24   #1
MaxBurn

Phone SD memory card support??

"Winamp mac sync beta" does not appear to support sdcard phone storage, it is only allowing me to store to the phones internal memory which is far too small for my music.

Can I possibly get around that by moving the app to SD card??

Secondly a minor gripe considering the beta status but there is a change log note saying support for non default library location but that doesn't actually work. Mine is located in:
--->/Volumes/2nd Drive/Apple iTunes/Library/iTunes Library.xml
I was not able to get it to pick up on that at all. I had to copy my library XML to the default location and rename it before winamp would pick up on my playlists:
--->/Users/user/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml
MaxBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 13:46   #2
MaxBurn

I guess the answer is no?

Is the situation any different on the PC side? It's a lot of work but I could switch over to a PC no problem.

I went into the phones app management in settings and told it to move the app to SD there. I unpaired it and repaired it to the desktop app and cleared app data on the phone and "Winamp mac sync beta" still says only 9gb free on the phone, which is the internal memory because my SD card has over 32gb free. This limitation in not using the SD card pretty much makes Winamp mac sync beta useless IMO, I would think very few people can fit their library on a phones memory alone.

Winamp for android is happy using my phones SD for music but managing my playlists on the device is a PITA. I was really hoping for more.

Phone is Galaxy Note i717 running ICS 4.0.4.
Old 8th September 2012, 16:18   #3
ZoNoMo

I have the same question. This is a show stopper for me. Hopefully, its not supported because we're in beta but if this is not fixed, Goodbye WinAmp.
ZoNoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 20:22   #4
MaxBurn

I exported my play lists from iTunes and just stuck those on the SD card. Android picks up on that just fine and Winamp will present those playlists also.

Unfortunately it appears new playlists that are created inside when app on android are stored in the application which you can't access unless I presume you have a rooted device. So there is no way to back those up or edit them with an extra application. I'm not even sure if it will change the playlists that it picks up off of the sd card or if it's simply editing a copy in the application, I haven't looked at it that close yet.

But anyway the Winamp sync looked good at first but it just doesn't do the things I need so I can't use it at all.

Outside of Winamp I don't know if the situation is any different but I would be willing to hear suggestions.
Old 14th January 2013, 00:39   #5
MrBrowneyes68

I found a solution for copying music files from your local library on ur pc to your android device SD card. First take out your card & insert it in your pc....then goto the music library on your SD & rename it to Music1. Now start your winamp on your pc....you will see your music2 folder there....goto it and just click sync...it will sync all your musci & playlists...now insert it back to your Android device and open WinAmp....you can now see all your music plus your playlists :-)
MrBrowneyes68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Mac Sync