Old 22nd September 2014, 04:17   #1
Satuim

Album Art View Blank Albums Bug

First of all check out the original thread I posted: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?p=3008705

But Basically When I'm in album art view (which is all the time) There are always a couple of blank albums right up the top (screenshot attached) They are named after folders that I have on my Music Library.

The error went away after I converted all my .wav files into flacs and then properly tagged them. And I had some module files (.xm and .mod) I had to move them out of my music library to get a result.

Could you please investigate?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GLTICH.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	51401   Click image for larger version

Name:	GLTICH SLOVED.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	51402  

Hey User! Are you using the latest update w/ The latest patches?
Just check, It won't take too long!

Download v5.666 build 3516
Download JTFE and in_mp3.dll Updates
Satuim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 04:46   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

What is there to investigate? Winamp uses the default image you are seeing when you add folders of audio files (registered to Winamp) to it's media library that do not have embedded or external album art images associated with them.

Winamp currently uses a fixed set of rules when selecting images to display. The next version will allow the user to modify these rules. See the attached thumbnail in post #52 in the following thread.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=376540&page=2

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 09:09   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
as I have posted many times now, and which u have doubtless seen, there ARE bugs with this.

the most obvious one I can think of off the top of my head, is that when u directly select an "affected" album while OTHER albums are showing, NOTHING appears in the tracks pane.

I have documented other strange related behaviors in numerous other threads.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 11:33   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Maybe I'm miss-reading Satuim's post. If an audio file without an album tag and without embedded artwork in a folder without folder art is added to the media library, then a llama image is used to represent the album art for that file in views that show album art. I think this is the circumstance, Satuim reported.

I agree that some of the ways Winamp handles artwork are not always clear, but that doesn't seem to be the issue in this case.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 12:05   #5
MrSinatra
Forum King

did u bother to look at the thumbnails?

--
Old 22nd September 2014, 13:58   #6
DrO

Satuim: there was no need to make another thread when the original one could have been re-used and moved to the correct location.

simple answer is anything without proper tagging support will lead to the metadata guessing being used and that in some cases can lead to weird results (though with how things are coded, it's somewhat expected as it's trying to match against missing information, hence no track results).

--------------------------

and as i've pointed out multiple now as well, when things have crap / missing information then it's going to display incorrect things. and i'm sure i posted a possible solution in whichever thread it was, but as multiple threads have been posted, i cba to try to work out what one is most relevant.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:27   #7
MrSinatra
Forum King

that's a very good point, but the problem is it happens when things are as they should be as well. I mean, a wav is not supposed to have tags, and winamp does display it when no art is selected, but doesn't when ITS [the wavs] own art is selected.

I don't think this is a big deal b/c I think wavs really aren't what winamp is about and as u say, proper tagging and good practices keep the issue at bay, but its still worth documenting and addressing should time ever allow.

--
Old 23rd September 2014, 01:19   #8
Satuim

I though I will clear myself up for some.
There are some albums up the top with no content. That are named after folders. However after converting all of my .wav's to .flac and then properly tagged them the problem went away...

Hey User! Are you using the latest update w/ The latest patches?
Just check, It won't take too long!

Download v5.666 build 3516
Download JTFE and in_mp3.dll Updates
Satuim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2014, 01:25   #9
DrO

because it's due to the library guessing the metadata for un-tagged files when added to the library, as WAV files will generally be treated as. that's why when you converted them to FLAC, you must have added metadata to them and this the library can process them correctly (instead of getting a bit confused and trying to cope with junk data).

and this seems very much like the same thing from a thread Aminifu (and everyone else who has posted about this over the years).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports