Old 17th March 2006, 20:33   #1
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
'Tit Twisting' letter from teachers upset parents.

GREENFIELD - The word is out at the Middle School - students are sick of so-called boy-on-boy sexual harassment that sometimes masquerades as camaraderie and other times is just plain painful, students said yesterday.

However, there are some parents and School Committee members who were not happy with how the word got out. The news went out in a letter sent on Feb. 9 to the parents and guardians of 76 boys and girls on one of the school's educational teams - Team 8A. Four teachers signed the letter - Bill Burnham, Shelly Beck, Kim Denney, and Leslie Kelly.

The one-page letter from the teachers was accompanied by a one-page list of behavioral issues among students on the team. The list was compiled by students and was in their language.

The one item among seven that shocked the committee members, plus a few parents, was a student concern that read: "Behavior that can be considered sexual harassment: ball tapping, tit twisting, pantsing."

Eighth-grader Kayla Manton said her father was not happy with the letter.

"He didn't think it was a good idea to write it, because it was vulgar," she said.

Then she explained to her friends the meaning of the word vulgar.

Other students said their parents were shocked by the letter, but calmed down after their children explained the terms.

It is apparently a problem that is rampant throughout area middle and high schools, said mathematics teacher Denney yesterday in a telephone interview. A middle-school nurse had one sixth-grade boy show up with bleeding nipples one day, she said.

Sixth-grader Zachary Howes said the things boys do to each other are a common occurrence at the school.

http://www.masslive.com/hampfrank/re...l=1&thispage=1

BLEEDING NIPPLES! Holy shit.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2006, 00:04   #2
sgtfuzzbubble011

Yow!
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2006, 00:10   #3
Schmeet
Major Dude

Ball tapping was always big in our school. Fucking annoying.
Schmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2006, 12:09   #4
tuckerm
Forum Emo

and it hurts |
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2006, 15:31   #5
JFASI
Major Dude

Hell, I'd sign a petition to outlaw purple nurples.

Certified Spam Connoisseur.
JFASI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 01:48   #6
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
At our school it was common for one guy to put the victim in a half or full nelson while the other guy did a double tittie twister...

luckily it never happened to me

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 08:26   #7
rockouthippie
Banned

The "tittie twister" is older than I am. Now a "full nelson" is a little dangerous, so a half nelson was considered play when I was in school.

Like the "wedgie", these things were considered as adolescent males screwing around. It built comradery.

Of course now, young men all need to be chemically castrated with ritalin to make them zombies. My coach used a 12 mile run, having seniors chase me. Eventually, they couldn't come near to catching me.

Even being an antique, you will find a couple meters between footfalls if I decide to run.

What is so terrible about being a normal, young, dumb and full of cum young man?. You'd think it was a crime and it looks like they call it that.

A little "hazing"?. If you can't take that, you should run home to mommy.

Before I see police involvement, I want to see some damage. A tittie twister is not it. My tax $$ pay for these idiots to make a federal case out of high school pranks?. I can point them at more serious problems.

Kripe.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 20th March 2006 at 08:46.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 17:55   #8
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
Before I see police involvement, I want to see some damage. A tittie twister is not it. My tax $$ pay for these idiots to make a federal case out of high school pranks?. I can point them at more serious problems.

Kripe.
Bleeding nipples is not damage? I wouldn't consider this any different than a punch in the nose.

I agree that a little adolescent horseplay is fine, but this seems carried to extreme.

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 19:53   #9
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
At our school (where I work), blood or bruises from any intentional physical contact would constitute assault, and it would be treated like a fistfight.

If no blood or bruises, yes, the kid would likely get in trouble when caught, but at the teacher's discretion, and not likely more than detention.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 20:08   #10
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboWaboAddict
Bleeding nipples is not damage? I wouldn't consider this any different than a punch in the nose.

I agree that a little adolescent horseplay is fine, but this seems carried to extreme.
I didn't realize blood had been drawn, that is beyond a prank. Perhaps my sensitivity to this issue is based on the fact that I live in Oregon. Our measure 11 sent my young cousin to prison for 72 months because of a pretty minor bar fight resulting in 3 stitches in his opponent.

I had to stop our local DA from doing the same thing to a drunk kid that clopped me with a beer bottle. He was drunk and trying to put the move on my girlfriend. She sent him packing and I guess clobbering me was his recourse. Still, it wasn't worth years in prison. He got 11 months because I went to the DA and said "Are you F*cking NUTS?" and I quote.

11 months was about right, maybe even overkill, 72 is insane.

It's pretty bad when you are a victim of a crime and have to plead your attackers case.

I'm finding our legal system to be ridiculuously heavy handed. Handing out "justice" that is ludicrous.

I think you'll get in more trouble for nothing than if you really did something that proves you are a vicious monster that should be locked up forever.

I guess it gets DAs and judges re-elected for being "tough on crime", but damn, how much tougher can we get?.

Lets just toss a kid in jail for a large portion of his life because he got in a scrap in a bar... insane....

Years in prison gives us back a citizen that you don't want living in your "hood".

Last edited by rockouthippie; 20th March 2006 at 20:41.
Old 21st March 2006, 16:10   #11
seraphim

Titty twisters hurt... bad!
seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2006, 16:46   #12
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

They sure do! It's no better than being punched square in the face.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2006, 17:01   #13
seraphim

When you get boobs, tell me which one your prefer. I prefer being punched in the face.
seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2006, 20:42   #14
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

^man boobs count?

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2006, 23:34   #15
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Phily Baby
They sure do! It's no better than being punched square in the face.
But it is different, a punch will cause permanent damage. When I was a kid this was accepted more as a prank, like snapping someones ass with a towel in the locker room. Properly wound a towel would leave a pretty nasty mark.

I think I would prefer the tittie twister to a punch. When I punch something, it stays punched.

There is a difference between horseplay and "changing someones life".
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News