Old 6th May 2012, 12:08   #1
Aminifu
Forum King

cPro Skin Credits Screen Crashes WA

I'm using Winamp version 5.623, ClassicPro 1.15, and the current version of the cPro-Satin skin released by Victhor. When I try to view the skin's credits info on the 'Winamp Preferences - Skins - Modern Skins - Current Skin' tab, Winamp crashes.

The credits run but I get a error dialog that says "Runtime Error R6025 - pure virtual function call". When I close this dialog, Winamp crashes. The Windows event log says the fault is with the "gen_ff.dll" plug-in and lists exception code: 0x40000015.

I have informed the skin's author and posted a report on the cPro website.

This error also occurs with other cPro skins.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1909 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 19:49   #2
DrO

am not able to replicate this with the download from http://www.winamp.com/skin/details/222549 and against an internal Winamp build so maybe it's either configuration specific or was resolved as part of the other modern fixes i did last month. until a new public build of Winamp is released, just don't go to the about screen for the time being (and yes i should probably install 5.623 and try against that but after the crap i've had this last week i really cannot be bothered).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 10:04   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi DrO,

The advise from cPro is to reinstall WA and the skin. I'll just stay away from the skin credits screen until the next public release of WA. By the way, the WA credits screen does not have this problem on my system (in case they are supported the same way).

If you did the staff review of the Satin Port skin, just want to say I agree with the comments. It gives me all the advantages of a classic skin (mostly smaller screen footprint and 1 major view at a time) with the advantages of an all-in-one modern skin. The added touch-ups are very useful or add to the 'eye candy'. Really a great bit of work.

Sorry you had a bad week. Hopefully this week will be better.

Old 7th May 2012, 10:17   #4
DrO

well my Winamp install is a fresh one after having to do a whole new OS setup so that might also be a factor in why i'm not being able to see the issue.

the Winamp credits is done via a completely different thing (is based on 'plush' which was an 8bpp library someone from the original team made) and i'm not aware of any of the modern skin engine making use of it.

i don't do skin reviews (or plug-in reviews at all now) so it wasn't me who reviewed the skin, which personally i don't like too much but then i've never been a great fan of the cPro style.

-daz
Old 7th May 2012, 10:24   #5
Aminifu
Forum King

It's my first time trying a cPro skin. Just curious, what's not to like? What is your preferred skin?

Old 7th May 2012, 10:38   #6
DrO

i just prefer classic skins (using http://www.winamp.com/skin/glitch-al...h-black/221777 for a while now) as when i actually use Winamp it's minimised or hidden behind other windows so using a modern skin is a waste of resources when i'm not looking at it. i know some people love modern skins and having it up there all of the time but i predominantly run Winamp via hotkeys so it's no in the way, etc and i just cannot put my finger on it but something about the cPro layout just grates with me.

-daz
Old 7th May 2012, 12:58   #7
Aminifu
Forum King

The Glitch_Alienmorph_Black is a great looking skin. Simple and compact, like the review says. I especially like the layout of the main player controls. The enhancements you've made to tooltips (for the next public WA release) should improve its usefulness for new users. Don't think I could live full time with the color scheme (too much contrast), but minimized or hidden that would not be a problem.

I too have preferred classic skins, until I discovered Satin Port. You do have a point about resources. Initial memory usage is much higher than the classic skin I was using. I'll have to keep an eye on that, especially since WA keeps non-displaying artwork images in memory (to avoid re-rendering) after a view with multiple images is selected and deselected. Good for me, I don't use multiple image views that often.

Old 27th June 2012, 13:13   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
am not able to replicate this with the download from http://www.winamp.com/skin/details/222549 and against an internal Winamp build so maybe it's either configuration specific or was resolved as part of the other modern fixes i did last month. until a new public build of Winamp is released, just don't go to the about screen for the time being (and yes i should probably install 5.623 and try against that but after the crap i've had this last week i really cannot be bothered).

-daz
The cPro credits screen works fine in WA version 5.63.

I intend to check out your tool tips enhancements for classic skins next week.

Old 27th June 2012, 16:50   #9
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Aminifu keep away from credits!!
If there is a place on winamp I wouldn´t go twice is credits... what are you doing there??
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 15:13   #10
bluedude2K01

I am trying to find the plugin which will allow me to use modern skins - something called Classicpro Winamp plugin. Can anyone tell me where to find it. Thanks so much.
bluedude2K01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 22:41   #11
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

There you go: https://www.deviantart.com/winampers...Beta-783923060

EDIT: recent scanners tend to throw false positives with the installer (NSIS IIRC, I don't know a thing about it, but I heard other devs having problems with it). Don't worry, the file is completely safe.
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support