Old 23rd October 2007, 03:00   #241
Bobbias

Whoops, I meant a Shuffle. I wish you could edit posts after any time :/
Bobbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 20:55   #242
papaschtroumpf

is the pmp_ipod plugin somwhow built in winamp portable?
pmp_ipod is not working with my ipod classic, so I have reverted to ml_ipod on my full winamp install.

I would like to put winamp portable on my ipod (used as a harddrive) to allow me to play/organize/download/upload my music from any computer (can I rip CDs to MP3s too?)
papaschtroumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 04:46   #243
MonkeyProof

Sansa e280R
firmware Ver. 1.082
Sansa/e280R
Windows Vista Premium

having minor problems with album art. album art will be missing like one out of ten albums that is copied to the device in plays for sure mode. also having problems with sending playlists to the device. playlist will be missing on device but will appear as albums in the album section. other then that that i love WinAmp and will be upgrading to the Pro version..an up coming birthday present from the old lady.
MonkeyProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 10:37   #244
Banditbond

Sansa e260
firmware 01.02.15F
Windows XP Pro

MTP-Mode

Only album art embedded in mp3 tags does work. No *.jpg files are transfered at all.
Don't know if Winamp supports transfering album arts for non-iPods by now.

Another problem is character replacing when syncing files. Winamp replaces some special chars like * with other chars before transfering the songs to the device.

Next time it compares the local ml and the device (when syncing again), it does not replace the chars before comparison.

Each file is recognised as a "new" file which is not in the local ml.

See this thread for more details.

- Banditbond
Banditbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 19:34   #245
mm87

Send a message via Yahoo to mm87
Sony ericsson K550i
Everything Ok .but it doesn't show up in ML ,while winamp is running and i connect my device.what's wrong?
mm87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 21:41   #246
net-cruizer

For iPod shuffle, Winamp works great. Well even better than iTunes.
But for my iPod nano video, it works, but is way to limited, and I was forced to install iTunes just to get things done properly, which I'm not impressed with having to do, cuz iYunes is a god awful program.
Winamp doesn't support much features of the iPods, also doesn't do a proper job with album art and video screenshots.
So if I use Winamp to send anything over, I still have to fix things up with iTunes, just to get it lookin good.
Sure hope some day Winamp will have full iPod support, and I can get rid of iTunes forever, lol.
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 14:00   #247
pog451

Ipod Nano 8GB,latest firmware, loaded with latest iTunes
Winamp portable 5,51, english, -Orbis- Skin

Player is recognised and plays back fine, album art present. Trying to move files to or from the ipod using Winamp either on the ipod or on my desktop nukes the ipod databases - MP3s are still on device and can be played in Winamp, the ipod itself reports "no music"
pog451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 06:58   #248
Aznsilvrboy

2nd generation iPod Nano. Winamp 5.5.2, music with Chinese characters won't play after being transferred to iPod.
Aznsilvrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 20:22   #249
JPod

Hi guys. I have an 80 gig 'new classic ipod'. Winamp works great syncing the music files and allowing me to manage my ipod. However, I have some torrent movie files I have and I was wondering if there was a way to convert those video files and sync them to my device without having to use itunes?

Is that something that winamp can do or in there a program that will work in unison to allow me to convert these movie files and put them on my ipod using winamp and without using itunes? Thanks in advance for the help.
JPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 22:36   #250
net-cruizer

Quote:
Originally posted by JPod
Hi guys. I have an 80 gig 'new classic ipod'. Winamp works great syncing the music files and allowing me to manage my ipod. However, I have some torrent movie files I have and I was wondering if there was a way to convert those video files and sync them to my device without having to use itunes?

Is that something that winamp can do or in there a program that will work in unison to allow me to convert these movie files and put them on my ipod using winamp and without using itunes? Thanks in advance for the help.
First off, they aren't "torrent movie files", they are movies you downloading via torrent files/torrent app.
Anyways, most likely they are not already in mp4 format, so you will need to convert them.
I recommend Xilisoft Video Converter, or find some other video converter.
Hope that helps.
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 19:45   #251
ninjapizza555

Dell DJ

I have a Dell DJ Gen 2 30GB. I'm the 32-bit version of Vista. I finally got the firmware upgraded on the DJ, so the computer recognizes it and Winamp can even add tracks. The problem is, it keeps giving me an error. Every time I click on the device, under "Portables", Winamp completely freezes. Is there a fix for this? (Winamp Pro v.5.53)
ninjapizza555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 13:20   #252
deneb

Creative Zen Stone+ 2GB
Latest Winamp Pro

working properly, everything is avaliable and working like a miracle.
deneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion