Originally posted by Koopatrooper
Win7, was this Vista SP2?
actually Vista SP3

homes32
homes32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:23   #82
Simfee
Banned

possible to using Win XP original silver theme on Vista? (AKA Shitsta)
Simfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:27   #83
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos
just a test for all those vista haters that think win7 is so much better! Hell it's just win6.1
So Vista SP2/SP3, like I guessed before.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 07:31   #84
Yathosho
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by ArqVisiOhm
Greetings, the AVS of the Winamp catches well in Mac Os X? In the platform intel?
better late than never, here is a guide on how to get winamp/avs running on osx or linux.
Yathosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 08:08   #85
! 4Tex

Quote:
better late than never, here is a guide on how to get winamp/avs running on osx or linux.
Thanks for that tutorial! works fine on my macb. air!
! 4Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 06:51   #86
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
am i missing something? there is no sp3 for vista, right?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 07:02   #87
net-cruizer

I don't see how it would be a concern for AOL to care if Mac users used Winamp or not.
Not like it'd help with the userbase, which means nothing since Winamp is free. Not like they'd make millions becuz a few Mac users started using Winamp.
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 05:21   #88
Edu Camargo

I know, this thread is too old, but I couldn't resist on commenting here. Also, I know, I don't visit here for so long.

As a user, I wish that Winamp being cross-platform could be a dream come true. But I really understand the facts that force Winamp keeping as is, and also applaude the team's atitude on not promising a Mac version, or any other system's version.

Some years ago, Pioneers of the Inevitable was doing a lot of noise regarding a player with web integrated, that would be a great alternative for music lovers against the existing proprietary choices, more specificly, Windows Media Player and iTunes. One of the bird's biggest eforts, was its cross-platform nature, so for example if a Windows user playing with the bird was about to migrate to Linux, he/she could take the bird as well. Well, the time has passed us by, some interests came around and changed a lot of perspectives for the little bird, and recently, more precisely, april 2, 2010, it was declared that Songbird doesn't speak Linux language anymore, at least officially. Of course, it is open-source, the code is there for some adventurous person to hack it, but seems that nobody ever will, as the page below suggests.
http://blog.songbirdnest.com/2010/04...ng-a-new-tune/

Many people who commented on the post even pointed Winamp as one of the best alternatives for Windows, so they don't need Songbird for it. So what would we say about Many Mac users, they have iTunes, although I think that if I come to a possibility of switching to Mac, I'd use Play or Cog.

I won a laptop, and installed Ubuntu 9.10 there, with hopes I could fit into the Linux world. Being a blind person, I should say that it was a frustrating experience, especially regarding accessibility issues. Either I should know the command to execute an administrative task, or the Orca screen reader would crash, if I used the menu and type my administrator's password. A gnome component called "GKSU" simply locks the speech system, and I have to stop it, causing a lot of head-aches very often. Of course, it'd become easy to study the system in depth, but there were a lot of bugs in the speech system, that I just gave up. And also, Songbird on Ubuntu was nothing but a pain in the ass regarding memory usage and, again, the screen reader response.

I stuck with Windows for many warranties it offers, including Winamp. Winamp has been commited to serve us Windows Users with a decent multi-media player for almost 11 years, and many people around the web give manifests in favor of it. I wish I could take Winamp with me in case I come to use a Mac, but of course, a good dedicated developer in Mac would be very necessary to pick the codes and port it to Mac; but the team have proclaimed several times in this thread, nothin' is planned. (Sniff!)

Something has to happen, but while nothing happens yet, let's just enjoy Winamp.
Edu Camargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 23:38   #89
tornadodrake

i know this post is old but i recently got a mac and wanted to use winamp for some thing but alas it won't happen. i just want to say as a long time window user i used to use winamp all the time then i got a ipod and switched to i tunes and found i actually like i tunes better the only thing i still used winamp for was the auto tag feature as it made it a hell of a lot ezer to tag songs that i had randomly downloaded years ago but other the that i don't touch winamp. i tunes keeps all of my music nicely organized witch is a god send when you have over 8k of songs and if you do decided to edit tags on a whole cd you can winamp does not have that and it drives me insane when i disagree with the auto tagger on a few occasions.
tornadodrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:55   #90
Deleted #33

For OS X there is still Audion. Yeah, there is no support for it anymore. But, there are loads of cool skins for it. It plays all file types and it's better than iTunes. And, it is free!!! I have been using it since 2002 and haven't had one, single problem with it. I still have a PPC running Leopard, though. Maybe it won't run on Intels, as they are a different architecture. But, its worth a shot.
Old 8th September 2010, 10:00   #91
MeStinkBAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarome View Post
iTunes sucks for Classical music fans. There is no decent way to edit the disk information if you disagree with CDDB.
What? You simply edit the whatever tags you wish to change after ripping. It's really easy. There are tagging utilities out there like MetaX that'll auto correct tags for you.
MeStinkBAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 16:31   #92
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
tag editors:

win: www.mp3tag.de
mac/linux: puddletag

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 13:11   #93
hunkybuck

How many would switch? A lot, I would assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
Much less that 5% in fact, how many mac users are going to switch from itunes? Not many.
I would drop iTunes the second I hear that WinAmp is available for Macs. I've been using WinAmp for over a decade now and have upgraded to Pro on my Windows machine. Every new release ACTUALLY improves WinAmp; whereas with iTunes, most new version releases simply add iTunes Store marketing opportunities.
It might be hard for some seasoned iTunes veterans to figure out what the fabled "Stop" button does, but once they start to realize the advantages of a deeply customizable feature-laden media player (which can still load their iPods), you may start to see people question the "wisdom" of Steve Jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
And it would cost a LOT. Worth it? Probably not.
Maybe, maybe not. I'm no business major. But I do know that when I come across a product as great as WinAmp, Vuze, or VLC that's being offered almost fully-functional for free, I gladly upgrade to the premium package despite the fact that most of the features I really want are already available to me. Maybe not everyone would, but I think that enough people might to make it financially viable, at least.

C'mon. Just do it. Take a swing at iTunes on their own ground. If you don't, who else could?
hunkybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 03:11   #94
krazedkady

I really miss winamp...i had a lot of fun being able to create the visuals to the music...any one know how else i could do that? <3
krazedkady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 14:32   #95
zcold

Any mac users missing Winamp and want something similar should check out SongBird. Im a huge winamp fan, but have been using macs the last 2 years. Thankfully Ive got it on my android phone, but sadly I can not use the wireless sync as the main program is windows only.

Songbird has filled my void. Its got a look and feel of winamp, is based off firefox, so it has extension ability and skinning. Ive completely removed iTunes from my system, its a horrible program and I wont miss it.

Anyways, if your a mac user and want something similar, try it out http://getsongbird.com/ theres device syncing options in the newest version and some really cool extensions coming out all the time.

ps. I love you winamp
zcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 15:31   #96
osmosis
Major Dude

Ehh, while sharing some previous devs with Winamp, I don't think it really has the look of Winamp at all (though that's hard to nail down with Modern skinning and all). I've been keeping an eye on Songbird development for a couple years now, and have tried every version since 1.2 but it's still got a long way to go performance- and features-wise. Also one of the best things about Songbird - the interaction with the community - has gone much the same way as with Winamp, you only hear anything around release time. Community interest has waned as well and you see the same plugin (add-on) neglect as well. I think the Phillips deal was the beginning of the end for Songbird unless they really turn things around and make good on their promises to be more transparent and interact with the community about development again.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 16:02   #97
jpickerell

Not a fully featured WinAmp yet, but looking good so far! http://www.winamp.com/mac
jpickerell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 19:47   #98
Edu Camargo

So glad to learn about the start of the new era, the Winamp for Mac. At last people who deal with several multimedia formats and will for an application with more possibilities of customization can sing praise. I'm planning on making an investment on a mac computer, I have a collection of music in FLAC but the options I see on the web either have been so poor in features or the project has abandoned, maybe because most mac users seem fine with the options that come with Mac OS X. Here I register my happiness and my hopes that it always gets better. Keep wippin' the llama's ass, bros!
Edu Camargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion