Old 24th August 2007, 23:02   #81
jerimiah40
Major Dude

So, I've got the playlist generator working now, I think the problem came because I wasn't connected to the internet the first time I ran it. There should probably be some error messages in the process somewhere though, rather than just resulting in a corrupt database :P
Old 25th August 2007, 08:34   #82
alexjoey

this 5.36 Preview 1 rocks. the new cd-eject button works, I love your new ML-search.

One bad point it's in playlist in ML, I have integrated playlist for web-radios and in this beta preview playlists are numbered.. nothing wrong for a listing playlist, but... when I'm enjoying my clicked webradio, the title in Winamp display the 1. number at top of the title, whereas this information is totally useless. But it changes nothing at all.

I'm suggesting to keep the 5.36 name, it's too early for 5.4

you people made good work, you know ?

Thank you for this 5.36 preview 1, it's perfect for me. nothing to change, nothing to add.
Old 25th August 2007, 10:36   #83
Kn0tte
Major Dude

WOW :D

Wow.. .This version/build rocks... Omg, it is good...
The version scroll menu in the "About" box is very cool.
Crash problems is fixed

But is it possible that you with the next preview of the beta do some of the following things?

1. Add space on the right side of the songticker IN the Modern Skin...? Some letters disappear..

2. Add a choice in the Modern Skin (rightclick) so we can choose between having the "Classic Songticker" and "Modern songticker" (scroll and bounce)?

Atleast, it would be OK with the first thing.. Space is needed at the right side of the songticker... This is a skin problem, so it cant be too hard to fix.. Just add space on the right side so it is in line with the space on the left side (if you know what I mean)

I have suggested this many times in the "Wishlist" forum, but it has never been added to the wishlist..

Keep up the good work..
Old 25th August 2007, 11:33   #84
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaminari
I could also have reported that the lastest build of the USF plugin makes Winamp crash. I didn't because, in this case, it happens not matter what other plugin is enabled or disabled, which clearly points the USF plugin as being buggy (or at least incompatible with 5.36).
the problem appears to be happening with the handling of the data passed for the spectrum analyser, just not sure who is responsible at the moment

Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
The version scroll menu in the "About" box is very cool.
at last a comment about that, heh

-daz
Old 25th August 2007, 11:49   #85
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
at last a comment about that, heh

-daz [/B]
heh, of course :P

What about my other ideas (1 or 2)?
Old 25th August 2007, 13:22   #86
DrO

well #2 is already in the wishlist

as for #1 i've had a fiddle (i'm not a skinner so i don't know if what i've done is correct) and i've attached a modded version of Winamp\Skins\Winamp Modern\xml\player-normal-group.xml (where the songticker sizing/placement is defined) and it centers it better in the area so at least for me the end ) is now showing. but then it now slightly blends the start of the track number into the lefthand edge and there's a little bit of blending on the end of the string's bracket (but i actually prefer the look of that, heh). if not then search the file for <!-- Songticker --> and tinker with the sizings in there

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: xml player-normal-group.xml (26.4 KB, 478 views)
Old 25th August 2007, 13:42   #87
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
well #2 is already in the wishlist

as for #1 i've had a fiddle (i'm not a skinner so i don't know if what i've done is correct) and i've attached a modded version of Winamp\Skins\Winamp Modern\xml\player-normal-group.xml (where the songticker sizing/placement is defined) and it centers it better in the area so at least for me the end ) is now showing. but then it now slightly blends the start of the track number into the lefthand edge and there's a little bit of blending on the end of the string's bracket (but i actually prefer the look of that, heh). if not then search the file for <!-- Songticker --> and tinker with the sizings in there

-daz
Thanks... YOU are the god for me... I have to say, you are good. This is exactly what i wanted..
IT FADES IN FROM LEFT, AND FADES OUT TO THE RIGHT.... PERFECT...
IT would be nice if you put this modded file in the next beta/version, so other people can get it to (and not only me).. This is better than it was before, so why not? :P

In short: Thank you, you are good
Old 25th August 2007, 14:19   #88
DrO

heh, anyone with a text editor could have done it should be in one of the future betas

-daz
Old 25th August 2007, 14:54   #89
Kn0tte
Major Dude

DrO - NEW FILE, shows on both ends

Hey.. I have edited the file and got the text quite good... Attached file, try it..
Attached Files
File Type: xml player-normal-group.xml (26.4 KB, 394 views)
Old 25th August 2007, 15:01   #90
DrO

i'll leave it open to general consensus for a bit then since i prefer the slightly more blending on the ends before anything gets added in officially

-daz
Old 25th August 2007, 17:23   #91
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i'll leave it open to general consensus for a bit then since i prefer the slightly more blending on the ends before anything gets added in officially

-daz
Ok... I hope you and the DEVs discuss with each other on what you think.. I like both of the modded files...
It is way better than it was before though...
I think that one of these ideas should be added to the next beta/version..!
I may agree that a little bit blending on the ends is nice (which is in your version, and a little bit in my version)..

But my version is better if you are using the "Skin font mapper" (changing the font, so it is "small" text/letters). If you do that with your version, the ) on the right side may disappear (I just tried it). With my version, it dont.
I hope that you will implement one of these "modded file" versions... It is a long time since you changed a "skin thing" on the Modern skin.... :P

Keep up the good work,
I hope to see a new build of the beta soon (and I hope one of these files are in the beta )
Old 25th August 2007, 18:52   #92
TonyRz

New channel subdirectories!

I don't usually download BETA releases, but I could not resist checking out the new promised feature in 5.36 dealing with downloading podcasts into subdirectories based on channel name.

On the plus side:

* been waiting a long, long time for this.

* I no longer have to modify the download location in the ShoutcastWire options screen before each and every podcast download. (And I went through this not because I have OCD, but because you had a filename collision risk with multiple podcasts downloading to one location on disk.)

* While it's trivial, I like that it's not using a super-proprietary name such as "Shoutcast wire" anymore, which makes sense only to longtime winamp users. (Potential downside: Isn't Apple going around suing folks who use the "p word" (i.e., podcast) in their products??)

Potentially on the downside:

* What happens when a channel name as specified by the provider is something you just don't want on your hard drive and/or announcing itself on your filesystem -- whether because it's a matter of taste (too vulgar, too nerdy, too difficult to cruise through) or practicality (it makes your podcast directory tree unfit to just be dumped on ISO media for backup?)

In general, IMHO, choice is better than having no choice.

Maybe offering a separate file location for each podcast is difficult, but maybe one generic podcast option (a radio button somewhere) to use or not use the new channel-based directory tree when downloading.

Not to sound like an ingrate or anything. Love this new feature. LOVE it!
Old 25th August 2007, 20:43   #93
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
It is a long time since you changed a "skin thing" on the Modern skin.... :P
Ugh... Ugh... They just added a new logo for surround sound files. Play a surround file... then you'll see how the stereo logo change. :P :P

BUG REPORT:
The Nullsoft Signal Processing Studio crashes Winamp when you enable it.

BTW: Not really a bug but when the beta crash Windows throws a "Data Execution Prevention" message. See pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dep.jpg (25.2 KB, 358 views)

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
Old 25th August 2007, 21:09   #94
Kn0tte
Major Dude

So, what do you guys think? Has anyone else tried the "modded file" DrO, and I posted?
I wonder if the DEVs have a very nice conversation right now... I hope so..

Keep up the good work people
Old 25th August 2007, 23:41   #95
Koogle

I tried this update at work... overall opinion.. meh

scrollbars look uglies, reminds me of some gay apple software, also ruined the Winamp SUI scrollbars at the same time.. good one, not... really for me isn't worth upgrading for some pansy album art feature.

I am still wonder why it they can't do someabout the ridiculous setup of using the media library to play songs, but soon as you double click one to play it adds the whole ml list to the playlist(a marvelous way of slowing a pc down if you've got a large media library).. stupid logic.. why can't it just send a 'jump to' in the playlist to that song if the same ml list has been sent to the playlist already. they got it right in WMP is it that hard to do?

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Old 26th August 2007, 00:30   #96
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Preferences > Media Library > Library Options tab
Uncheck "Play all items" and "Play search results"

Otherwise, Winamp isn't WMP. If you like the functionality of that better, nothing stopping you from using it.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Old 26th August 2007, 01:31   #97
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
BTW: Not really a bug but when the beta crash Windows throws a "Data Execution Prevention" message. See pic [/B]
Is think this is caused by gen_crasher.dll since it wants to get the dumpreport. i really don't like the windows execution prohibitor - was the first thing i disabled on vista

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 26th August 2007, 02:08   #98
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

I've also seen that same DEP error with 5.36 beta, but that was when I still had an older version of DrO's One For Nunz (gen_nunzio.dll) plugin installed, where it was causing a crash when trying to access Prefs > Plugins > Visualization (I think it was a conflict with vis_nsfs, if I remember correctly).

If relevant, make sure you've got gen_nunzio v3.0 (released last week), and/or remove any other 3rd-party plugins first, to confirm it's not a problem/conflict with one of those.

@Koogle

From the Notes in the first post....

-Re: Skinned ml scrollbars
-For support, Wasabi version needs to be specified as 1.3 in skin.xml, eg.
-<WasabiXML version="1.3">

You'll need to extract skin.xml from SingleUI.wal, edit it (as above), then place the edited file back in the .wal. Then the skin will have properly skinned ml scrollbars and won't mess up like it's doing at the moment.

By the way, I see that your overall comments were based on 2 items out of about 85 from the whatsnew.txt ;-)
Old 26th August 2007, 13:13   #99
pjn123
Major Dude

DJ Egg
My scrollbars work in 1.2. In xmlversion 1.3 winamp says its to recent but it still works.

Really hope the developers will change the playlist on modernskins to use the same sliders as the ml use now. That will be so cool. On big playlist its sometimes difficult to scroll down just a little bit... but with the up/down that the modern sliders offer this wont be a problem anymore.

I have a idea. I really like the "Nullsoft Signal Processing Studio" plugin that ships with Winamp. Only problem is that it isnt implemented that good. Was wondering if it will be possible to create a xui object, something like you did with the cover, that will enable implementation in modern skins. Or make action="" that can be used to change the option in that plugin. Just think. We can then have a slider in a skin that will change the speed of the music playing.

Other suggestion: The midi plugin have stupid default settings. Cant it be default like this:
- Device (DirectMusic / MS Synthesizers (with Output) )
- Playback Method (Immediate -send blabla in realtime)
The current default settings dont allow me to seek accurate or control the volume(Volume can only be full on or off). I know... who listen to midi's :P

Anyway... really holding my thumbs for modern sliders in the playlist. On standard 1280x1024 resolutions the current ones is just to small.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
Old 26th August 2007, 13:52   #100
Wooden

I use 1280x1024 resolutions and i really think the new sliders would be too big in playlist, i really prefer the current one.
Old 26th August 2007, 15:48   #101
Koogle

Quote:
By the way, I see that your overall comments were based on 2 items out of about 85 from the whatsnew.txt ;-)
yeah true... I didn't test it that long had other things to do at work. I will test edit the xml skin and put this beta on again to check.. nothing else in that list of fixes improvements really jumped out at me though.. and I won't get excited like this guy about a cd eject button lolz
Quote:
this 5.36 Preview 1 rocks. the new cd-eject button works, I love your new ML-search.
..new ML-search? I must have mised that.

My point about ML is a valid one tbh it should work better... I think another area that should have more work on is the this whole Jump to file dialog.. its so silly, winamp has some really quirky ideas behind it.. not exactly a well thought about thing... perhaps the JTF should be built into the playlist, so the search bar is that the top and then search made filter out the playlist directly, much like the ML search filter does to results.

Quote:
I have a idea. I really like the "Nullsoft Signal Processing Studio" plugin that ships with Winamp. Only problem is that it isnt implemented that good. Was wondering if it will be possible to create a xui object, something like you did with the cover, that will enable implementation in modern skins. Or make action="" that can be used to change the option in that plugin. Just think. We can then have a slider in a skin that will change the speed of the music playing.
Well its good to hear you are thinking about that.. but using the "Signal Processing Studio" last time I checked that it some really bad & gimmicky presets(play around with it and never use it again type of addon).. you know when mentioned the increase tempo speed thing I was thinking more along the lines of a built in slider using a plugin like Procustes, dsp_proc.dll which has a much better sound quality when increasing tempo/playback speed..anyway maybe there are some better prests for the nullsoft SPS that do a better job of playback speed increasing? in that case please point me to them

Old 26th August 2007, 20:25   #102
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
scroll bar on small album art view

First let me say that this beta preview is awesome! The Devs really piut this stink on this one. I really appreciate that you put so much thought into the design of how tha album art woulfd be displayes. It makes so much sense and it is clean! Thank You Thank You Thank You

The only problem I have found is that when you are on the small album art view the scroll bar to the right does not function correctly. If you pull the slider all the way to the bottom, it just snaps back up. U gace arracged a screenshot with the slider I am refering to.

Now for a few from the wishlist category.
I would love to have album art for the playlists. so that each playlist could display the album art juet like for the audio view. That would be cool since I organize all my music by album.

alphebetising playlists?

Thank you for all of the great work! This beta is pretty solid!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apc capture - 2007.08.26 13.02.31 - 001.jpg (5.1 KB, 316 views)
Old 26th August 2007, 21:01   #103
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

From the Known Bugs/Issues section of the first post:
Quote:
-Icon scrolling in album art view is a bit buggy *

* = Fixed internally
Old 26th August 2007, 21:12   #104
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
my appologies. I read that but did not connect the two.
Great work!
Old 27th August 2007, 02:02   #105
jmbattle

Good morning chaps,

Well, the crashing problems I have been experiencing when attempting to connect my iPod Nano appear to be related to album art. Renaming the \iPod_Control\Artwork folder and reconnecting allows Winamp to display the contents of the Nano without difficulty (albeit without AlbumArt views, which is the primary reason for wishing to use pmp_ipod...).

In spite of this, sending an album from the Local ML to the Nano still does not manage to transfer the album art, despite the presence of folder.jpg and the fact that the AlbumArt appears correctly in the Local view.

On a separate topic, the other crashes I have when opening tracks from the ML, appears to be connected to the installation of components and the 'Show Info' button - it is not a Modern/Classic skin issue. Using the default 'Full' installation, there are no problems, however unticking some components (I have yet to isolate which), will result in crashes when opening tracks from the ML.

Unticking the 'Display "Show Info" in media and album views' option prevents this problem. Note that it is not enough to simply click 'Hide Info' - the option must be completely disabled.

Well, I hope these reports are useful - I shall look forward to testing the next public beta.

Kind regards,
James
x
Old 27th August 2007, 12:11   #106
Koogle

was going through the Audio library playing with the album art and then winamp locked up.. not sure what the last setting I changed was

now when starting winamp up and selecting the audio panel winamp just closes, no error.. and reinstalled 5.35 gets this error when running winamp

AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.3.5.1305 ModName: ml_plg.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00002c3f

good thing I made a backup really.

Old 27th August 2007, 12:21   #107
synthetiq

album art is really a feature to be developed, but its a good beggining...

also: why not change the about box, its really "ugly" that animation in the credits, and the version history i think should be only for the current version

thankx
Old 27th August 2007, 12:30   #108
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by jmbattle
Good morning chaps,

Well, the crashing problems I have been experiencing when attempting to connect my iPod Nano appear to be related to album art. Renaming the \iPod_Control\Artwork folder and reconnecting allows Winamp to display the contents of the Nano without difficulty (albeit without AlbumArt views, which is the primary reason for wishing to use pmp_ipod...).

In spite of this, sending an album from the Local ML to the Nano still does not manage to transfer the album art, despite the presence of folder.jpg and the fact that the AlbumArt appears correctly in the Local view.

On a separate topic, the other crashes I have when opening tracks from the ML, appears to be connected to the installation of components and the 'Show Info' button - it is not a Modern/Classic skin issue. Using the default 'Full' installation, there are no problems, however unticking some components (I have yet to isolate which), will result in crashes when opening tracks from the ML.

Unticking the 'Display "Show Info" in media and album views' option prevents this problem. Note that it is not enough to simply click 'Hide Info' - the option must be completely disabled.

Well, I hope these reports are useful - I shall look forward to testing the next public beta.

Kind regards,
James
x
Will requested a copy of your itunesdb to try and fix the issue on the last page. Is it possible for you still to supply that?

Old 27th August 2007, 13:44   #109
jmbattle

Yes, I emailed it to him a couple of days ago.

Cheers,
James
x
Old 27th August 2007, 15:45   #110
Logy

any plan to make art flow like itunes on ml library!!!

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Old 27th August 2007, 16:23   #111
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Winamp 5.36 Beta 2 Preview, Build 1504 now available

Changelog from build 1500-1504

* New: Album Art window for Winamp Modern skin (shows cover for currently playing file)

* New: 'Get Album Art' action when rt-clicking art icons in ml view (accesses online coverart.media.aol.com database, based on amg - saves cover.jpg, if available, to containing album folder)

* Fixed: [in_cdda] Crash in prefs dialog when MusicID is disabled

* Fixed: [ml_disc & in_cdda] CD reading/playback may be buggy under OS'es other than WinXP and/or without Sonic Engine installed

* Fixed: Icon scrolling in album art view (now much smoother)

* Fixed: 'Show horiz scrollbar' action in ml doesn't hide scrollbar until after vert divider is moved (note: still a bit buggy on 3rd attempt onwards)

* Fixed: Hang when switching between ml_online and other ml views

* Fixed: Installer: tataki.dll & jpeg/gif/bmp/png.w5s missing when not installing Modern Skin support, but required by ML for album art support

* Misc: ML scrollbars now only skinned for Modern skins if Wasabi version is specified as 1.3 in skin.xml

* Misc: Tweaked Modern Skin songticker scrolling/spacing

* Misc: Reversed the album art search criteria order to: embedded, %album%.*, cover.*. folder.* (edit: hmm, not sure if this made it into this build or not, but will definitely be so in the next public beta).

(Download links updated in first post)
Old 27th August 2007, 16:40   #112
synthetiq

in my opinion, the coverart in ML needs some kind of cache for the covers
because it takes some time to reload when we scrool down or up...
and what about using the same ML scrollbars in the Playlist editor ...

thankx
Old 27th August 2007, 16:44   #113
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Why do enc_lame.dll and lame_enc.dll keep being added to my Plugins folder? What controls this during install? These two files are not needed for my Winamp operations.

Old 27th August 2007, 16:45   #114
only_johhny

Can I please have the old spectrum analyzer back (classic skin)?! Or an option to toggle between the new and old would be best i belive.

Many thanks
Old 27th August 2007, 16:46   #115
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by YtseJam
Why do enc_lame.dll and lame_enc.dll keep being added to my Plugins folder? What controls this during install? These two files are not needed for my Winamp operations.
In the installer, unselect "Audio File Support" -> "MP3 Encoding". Anyway, neither of these files are loaded until needed, so their presence doesn't impact Winamp in any way (until you use the transcoder or CD ripper)
Old 27th August 2007, 16:49   #116
Masta2002

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Winamp 5.36 Beta 2 Preview, Build 1504 now available

Changelog from build 1500-1504

* New: Album Art window for Winamp Modern skin (shows cover for currently playing file)
this one for classic skin too and the new version is perfect for me
Old 27th August 2007, 16:55   #117
joeconstantine

I'm liking the possibilities the album art option allows. Unfortunately so far, I'm not having much luck.

First, most of my albums display the generic laama picture, suggesting that no album art is present, yet I know that each folder has a folder.jpg in it.

Second, is it possible to display album art by path only and avoid having 25 or so entries (each with the same album art) for compilation albums.

This last one is the most important to me since I would like to utilise the album art function to display every album I have and then send/play tracks/full albums from there. My music is stored artist/album or just album for compilations.

If you can hear yourself singing...the music ain't loud enough!
Old 27th August 2007, 17:03   #118
miguel_montes

Nice work so far.

One question, though: does the album art appear in the notification window, also?

If not, then here is the suggestion (similar to what Toaster does).
Old 27th August 2007, 17:08   #119
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Quote:
Originally posted by Benski
In the installer, unselect "Audio File Support" -> "MP3 Encoding". Anyway, neither of these files are loaded until needed, so their presence doesn't impact Winamp in any way (until you use the transcoder or CD ripper)
Thanks Benski.

Just so you'd know, there is this strange breed of people that, even the existance of unneeded files seems to bother them.

Old 27th August 2007, 17:26   #120
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg

* Misc: Tweaked Modern Skin songticker scrolling/spacing

* Misc: Reversed the album art search criteria order to: embedded, %album%.*, cover.*. folder.* (edit: hmm, not sure if this made it into this build or not, but will definitely be so in the next public beta).
Hey.... Nice... But I cant see anything changed on the songticker..? Didnt it made it into this build? (like you said on the album art thing)..

Another thing... The "Album Art" thing opens everytime I open Winamp.. Can I do something to not open itself everytime? Or can you make it so it only opens if we want it, and it stays open (also when we exit and start Winamp next time) until we close it?

Keep up the good work
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion