Old 28th August 2007, 16:08   #161
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

The new ML code in the 5.36 beta hasn't been optimized (hell, it hasn't even been FINISHED yet )

Don't judge its speed based on this beta version.
Old 28th August 2007, 16:21   #162
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@DJ Egg
@VOODOOpower
No, afaik, the old scrollbars were fixed (ie. the same for all skins), and not skinned...?
ok, but why haven't the new scrollbars not an dynamic sizeing function like in all windows programs and dialogs and like in an older winamp version? I atteched an image of what I wish to have in winamp at my last post.

I hope my english is good enough to make you understand what I mean

Quote:
Originally posted by Benski
The new ML code in the 5.36 beta hasn't been optimized (hell, it hasn't even been FINISHED yet )

Don't judge its speed based on this beta version.
hope this means that the new scrollbars will work in the final release like the old.

o_0
Old 28th August 2007, 20:18   #163
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
@all who have problems w/ album art window

here is a new albumart.maki file (copy to winampdir/skins/winamp modern/scripts)

http://stashbox.org/34966/albumart.maki?wants_viewer=0

this should fix the bug w/ window state not remembering + colortheme bug

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 28th August 2007, 20:48   #164
Serpher

Quote:
I'm not surprised...

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Old 28th August 2007, 21:27   #165
pjn123
Major Dude

Please add a move="1" to albumart.xml in the modern skin.

Any news for better Vista support?

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
Old 28th August 2007, 21:44   #166
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
Any news for better Vista support?
see response to point #4 in here

-daz
Old 28th August 2007, 21:45   #167
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
good idea,
here is the updated albumart.xml
http://stashbox.org/34981/albumart.xml?wants_viewer=0
copy to winampdir/skins/winamp modern/xml

hopefully these two files will be in the next beta preview

Old 28th August 2007, 22:01   #168
pjn123
Major Dude

Another idea for a feature release is maybe a included vista gadget... with basic playback buttons and a title display. dont wanna download 3rd party stuff :P
Nero now includes a gadget, so this might be the norm in the feature.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Old 28th August 2007, 22:25   #169
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

i have not looked very close to these gadgets yet - just know they were build w/ html/java.
if you can do one, please do. i think it will at least have a place in the essentials pack

Old 28th August 2007, 22:44   #170
DrO

gadgets are based in the .net style of things based on this and then html bits but without the .net related parts it just can't be registered into being used (or so i believe from what i've briefly read)

-daz
Old 28th August 2007, 22:51   #171
synthetiq

idea:
what about including a small button under the album art window do slide up and down, just like that one in the main window that says "config" and show/hide basic controls of winamp like "play/pause" and "stop", "next", etc
so that we could have only the album art window opended and controling winamp

and why not having another button to expand the album art window to normal size (1X)or 2X times size like the video window

and PLEASE implement some transition efect (for eg. fade in or out) between albums covers in the album art window

thanks
don't get me wrong but this are just IDEAS...
Old 28th August 2007, 23:10   #172
niktheguru

Fantastic work on this new build guys, love it. Am especially loving all the work with the album art. I just have 2 requests which i hope can be taken into consideration.

1. can we have an option to have the "album art" box integrated into the media library (for me, it looks cleaner if i have the album art in a little box say in the corner of the media library showing the art of the current track playing, rather than having a separate square module with it)

2. Could we have the album art in the id3v1/id3v2 edit box (when u select "view file info") so it may be able to be editable?

Thanks for all the hard work guys!!

Nikhil
Old 29th August 2007, 07:30   #173
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Hello Devs,

I have noticed a crash while playing an MP3 and then starting to rip a CD to an MP3 file. Sometimes I have noticed it if I try to change a song while ripping a CD to the MP3 format.
Clean install with no third party plugins.
Beta preview 2

Thank You
Old 29th August 2007, 08:26   #174
THPSFG

Re: GREAT!!! one problem (or two)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mecha25
Also, all my songs that don't have an album, and those whose album I don't know (filled in by ???) show up fine in the album list mode, but when you enable album art, they show up as many many (like 30 or so) albums, each with no cover-art, grouped by artist. However, a 2 disk compilation album I have displays perfectly. Why is this?
From what I've noticed I've switched to Album Artist/Album Art for view because I have a lot of comps (GTA soundtracks) and have the Album Artist set as the Album name (ex. GTA:SA K-DST) and for all my regular single artist albums I just leave the album artist field blank. This way WA shows normal albums and multiple artist albums as one album. If you had your 2 disk comp name Foobar (Disc 1) and Foobar (Disc 2) in the album fields they would appear as different albums. If you have a lot of songs with no album I would suggest using the Album Artist/Album Art tag and setting album artist as "no album" or something like that. It all depends on how you tag your music.

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
no option to refresh images or delete the cache (to make newer replacement images display)
I hope this comes soon. I somehow managed to change the album art for one of my albums but can't reproduce I tried closing the ML window, clearing DB from WA, restarting WA, opening ML and re-adding songs but that didn't seem to work. If anyone figures out steps please post.
Old 29th August 2007, 09:09   #175
Pidgeot

I'll admit, I haven't checked the current beta, but the changelog doesn't mention it, so...

Something I'd like to see is the ability to have an M3U8 playlist generated when ripping - currently, I have to make a new one myself if I rip a CD with Unicode filenames.

Whether you're going to put it as a seperate checkbox or make the normal M3U generate an M3U8 instead if Unicode is needed doesn't really matter to me - I imagine the former will be easiest, but it might be a bit confusing to some people (of course, the likelyhood that they rip something that needs an M3U8 is probably small enough as it is...)
Old 29th August 2007, 09:13   #176
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Quote:
Originally posted by niktheguru
1. can we have an option to have the "album art" box integrated into the media library (for me, it looks cleaner if i have the album art in a little box say in the corner of the media library showing the art of the current track playing, rather than having a separate square module with it)
I tried to integrate the album art in the playlist.
See here: http://shup.com/Shup/2638/1077282125...ist-Editor.png

perhaps you let me know what you think about this instead of having it as own window.

Old 29th August 2007, 09:35   #177
madvin

Winamp 5.36 b1504
Some issues:
In Ogg Vorbis Info editor, path to the file is shown incorrectly (see attached image). Actual path is cyrillic, system locale is english.

folder.gif in the same path is shown as if many pixels are transparent. Paint shows it in more correct way - see the same image.
Attached Images
File Type: png wamp.png (41.2 KB, 331 views)
Old 29th August 2007, 10:50   #178
pihug12

I found a bug in all version of Winamp.

I can't listen music (it plays very fast) while playing BomberClone.
BomberClone : ht tp://bomberclone.source forge.net/homepage/ (remove the spaces)

Can you please fix that bug ?

pihug12
Old 29th August 2007, 11:31   #179
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by madvin
In Ogg Vorbis Info editor, path to the file is shown incorrectly (see attached image). Actual path is cyrillic, system locale is english.
Fixed, and how.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 29th August 2007, 12:19   #180
synthetiq

Quote:

what happens when we resize that window ?
Does the cover art expands with the window ?

but its a good idea, perhaps to apply in the ML also...
Old 29th August 2007, 12:29   #181
Karl-Johan

Send a message via ICQ to Karl-Johan
Winamp GUI looks weird on these beta versions. See attached JPG file. A part of the right side i cut off and vol.slider and buttons dislocated.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this is when using "Modern" skins. "Classic" skins looks fine. The same thing has happened to two computers, one using Vista and the other XP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp.jpg (79.6 KB, 358 views)
Old 29th August 2007, 12:46   #182
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@martin.deimos
Not sure if I like that. Anyone else?
I usually have my whole 30,000+ collection in the playlist all the time, so it would look a bit weird if there was a huge blank column down the left side (with just a small album art image at the top of it).
How about a new tab in the main window config drawer instead?

@Juanus
Sorry, I can't reproduce the crash (playing an mp3 and ripping to mp3 simultaneously)

@Pidgeot
Request noted

@pihug12
Sorry, we can't reproduce the problem.
What file formats are affected? mp3, wma, wav, ogg, m4a, mod, midi, cda, other/all?
Probably your soundcard/drivers or maybe Output plugin config to blame...?

@THPSFG
Yes, those options/features are coming soon :-)

@Karl-Johan
Eek! What the...
I'm pretty certain we won't be able to reproduce that problem.
Can you give us a detailed step-by-step method of reproduction, including relevant system specs (cpu, ram, graphics card & driver version, desktop resolution, dpi settings, plus HijackThis log to show startup & concurrently running processes, and a "List Of Plugins" to show all installed Winamp components, plus confirmation of a clean install of Winamp 5.36 beta with no 3rd-party plugins)?
Please also confirm whether the problem persists after deleting studio.xnf (make sure winamp is closed first).

@niktheguru
Patience my friend, patience.
Good things come to those who wait.
Old 29th August 2007, 14:20   #183
tarrkid

I had 5.36 beta installed for a few minutes, just to see if a feature I was looking for was in this new version (apply DSP when transcode-syncing to a portable). It wasn't there, so I uninstalled and went back to 5.35, but while I was in 5.36 I had switched Media Library / Local Media / Audio to show the album covers, and it was left at that setting.

Now that I'm back on 5.35, when I'm looking at Media Library / Local Media / Audio, the right pane is just a big blank box. I can post an image if need be, but it comes up like it just didn't have anything to draw, so it left it blank (it's colored with the skin color).

It seems to me that somewhere in the INI files, the setting for how to display the Audio page is now set to something dealing with album covers, and 5.35 doesn't know how to handle it.

Any idea what that/those key(s) might be so I can switch it back?

Thanks!
Old 29th August 2007, 14:26   #184
jmbattle

Hello chaps,

I gather that there was previously an issue with modern skins also displaying the classic skin when using YzShadow, however I read that this was fixed in 5.03.

I do not use modern skins, but am simply testing the betas and noticed that the same issue occurs.

If the chaps are already well aware of this quirk, my apologies. However, if not, perhaps it can be fixed up for the next beta.

Cheers,
James
x
Old 29th August 2007, 15:24   #185
VooDoo`
Major Dude

I have a other suggestion:

winamp should save different views for the several artists and the "All (x artists) view. because I prefer the "medium detail view" for the several artists and the "medium icon view" for the "All (x artists) view because I have so many albums in this view that the detail view is ugly. even if I like it when i click on an artist.

other thing is that we can only resize a component window in all directions on the bottom-left and bottom-right corner.
I would be nice to do this at the top corners, too

bye bye

o_0
Old 29th August 2007, 15:28   #186
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos

perhaps you let me know what you think about this instead of having it as own window.
@Martin.Demoes
I actually kind of like the integrated album art. Especcially if you are able to turn it off. I think it is great because it is clean and you don't have to have a seperate window to show the art and you don't have to have your media library open (even though mine ia always open anyway)

@DJ Egg
I am sorry you were not able to repro the crash with playing an MP3 and ripping to MP3 at the same time. I have been able to do it a few times. I will try to get more info if possible, If anyone else is able to reproduce it, please say so.
Old 29th August 2007, 15:30   #187
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@tarrkid

It probably wasn't a good idea to install a test beta on top of a previous installation, if you ever intended to go back to the previous version. We don't recommend installing an older version on top of this beta.

I can't remember now if you can fix it in 5.35 by rt-clicking Audio > Edit View > etc.

With Winamp closed, open Winamp\Plugins\gen_ml.ini in Notepad

Look for the section which references the Audio view, eg. something like:

query1_name_utf8=Audio
query1_meta=met4135.vmd
query1_mode=1

Yours probably says: query1_mode=xxxx (4 numbers)
So change it to =1

Then go to the Plugins\ml folder and find the corresponding .vmd file,
open it in Notepad
and delete everything under [gen_ml_config]

(you might be able to edit just the corresponding/relevant lines, but it would be just as easy to delete all lines under [gen_ml_config] to restore the default settings for the Audio view).

Save the .vmd file and close Notepad.
Reopen Winamp.

Edit: Umm, yeah. The config files are in the %ProgramFiles%\Winamp\Plugins folder for shared installations, or in the %AppData%\Winamp\Plugins folder for separate user settings (or under Vista).

@Juanus
Let us know if it still occurs in the next public beta.
I've a feeling that it won't... ;-)
Old 29th August 2007, 16:26   #188
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos

can you attach this modification?

o_0
Old 29th August 2007, 16:33   #189
TheUniqueTiger

Can you please explain me the new Spectrum analyser, what the bars to the left, right, center mean... Do they indicate bass/treble? I found vocals and treble being shown on the rightmost bars, inspite of the wide difference in their audio frequency!

Also there seems to be a trivial bug...
When you try to close the Album Art window by clicking the 'X' button, it disappears but the menu on the player window View -> Album Art remains checked, which should be unchecked on closing the window. However clicking the checked menu to close the window works fine.

I'm a little worried about the Album Art Winamp retrieves. I dont have any Album Art on my hard-disk, so it seems its getting album art somewhere from the internet. But it downloaded only 2-3 album art for the >200 albums I have... and worse, it shows the same 2-3 album art it downloaded against many albums incorrectly! Any solution to this?

Thanks for the coming release! I'm happy for the new features added... Winamp always rocks!

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 29th August 2007, 16:51   #190
tarrkid

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg It probably wasn't a good idea to install a test beta on top of a previous installation, if you ever intended to go back to the previous version. We don't recommend installing an older version on top of this beta.
Yeah, I knew it was pretty stupid as soon as I'd done it.
Quote:
I can't remember now if you can fix it in 5.35 by rt-clicking Audio > Edit View > etc.
Tried that already. No luck.
Quote:
...met4135.vmd...open it in Notepad
and delete everything under [gen_ml_config]
Well, interesting thing - the file wasn't there (met30C3.vmd in my case). So I created it, with just the [gen_ml_config] section. Then I reopened Winamp, but still have the same problem. And the file does not get updated with the defaults. Any other thoughts?

[Edit: DJ Egg]
See my edited post above (and/or Benski's reply below).
Old 29th August 2007, 16:56   #191
pjn123
Major Dude

Here is a little trick for Vista & Modern skins you could maybe include.

When you hover over the taskbar Vista will show a live preview of a classic skin, even if a Modern one is being shown. I found that if you include all the classic skin files in your modern skin folder it will show this. It only shows the classic skin main window.

So what the developers could maybe temporally do is let winamp display a classic skin that has been made so that it looks like a Winamp 5 logo. You can easily create a classic skin with only the main window and all the other parts like the buttons and text can then just be the same colour as the background so that it wont look like a classic skin but rather than a winamp banner. This "banner" can then be displayed when a modern skin loads.

Old 29th August 2007, 17:08   #192
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
So what the developers could maybe temporally do is let winamp display a classic skin that has been made so that it looks like a Winamp 5 logo. You can easily create a classic skin with only the main window and all the other parts like the buttons and text can then just be the same colour as the background so that it wont look like a classic skin but rather than a winamp banner. This "banner" can then be displayed when a modern skin loads.
Hey, thats not a bad idea, not a bad idea at all.

Old 29th August 2007, 17:14   #193
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by tarrkid
Yeah, I knew it was pretty stupid as soon as I'd done it.Tried that already. No luck.Well, interesting thing - the file wasn't there (met30C3.vmd in my case). So I created it, with just the [gen_ml_config] section. Then I reopened Winamp, but still have the same problem. And the file does not get updated with the defaults. Any other thoughts?
Did you install with multi-user settings? It might live in c:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\winamp
Old 29th August 2007, 17:26   #194
PatrickNeil

So is there any chance that "Get Album Art" could save to %album%.jpg rather than folder.jpg? Is this in the cards? Problematic characters could just be underscores. I often have multiple albums in a single folder, and every time I select "Get Album Art" it replaces the folder.jpg, so that all the albums in the same folder have the same art.

Other than this, I must thank you developers profusely for the three pane view. This was at the top of my wishlist for, lets see, about a decade, no joke. Keep it up!

Patrick
Old 29th August 2007, 18:01   #195
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
@kzuse - did you read that?
Keep on` using newer versions, dont stop at 5.35... 5.36 will be a good version.
DJ Egg said "total size of 31 kb".. That is not much.. Your Winamp and ML will not get slower..

Newer versions are better than old ones, you know...

(Maybe you can list your System specs, so the DEVs can see if your Winamp will get any slower?)

/Kn0tte
Actually, I don't plan to stop at version 5.35. I personally am also one of the guys who recommend to everyone: "Always use the newest version!!!".

It's just... 5 more files which were not needed before... but if it's really just 31 KB it's okay. [ironic] Winamp is bloated anyway... [/ironic] (It's really a little bit large since the last few versions, but who cares. You will excuse me still using 2.91c on old machines who really need to have small files and "slim code"

So let me come to the point. On my current system, I tried Beta 5.36 and it's great. I will of course use it when it's ready (but not the album art feature...

Because you asked:
My system specs are

Intel Pentium 3 at 866 MHz
256 MB of RAM
nVidia Riva TNT2 M64 with 32 MB RAM
Gigabyte GA-6VX7-4X Motherboard with VIA chipset and VIA AC97 sound
250 GB Hard disk (VERY fast one with 16 MB cache)
Operating Systems: Windows XP Pro SP2, openSUSE 10.2, DESKWORK (DW-DOS)

And NO I won't buy a new PC since this one is fast and stable. (It's faster than my brother's one with 1800 MHz... . The only things which are "slower" than on other PCs are CPU-intensive tasks (as, seemingly, enqueuing a ML playlist in Winamp And if at some point a new version of Winamp will not be usable anymore on my system, I'll stop upgrading ^^ (but I'll buy a new PC not before my old one has gone up into Smoke).

Best regards,
kzuse
Old 29th August 2007, 18:08   #196
Siggi0904

Error while show the Album Art

Hello,

my Winamp Beta Version show's an Error.

If I will open the ML with the Album Art, the Winamp crashes down.

The Error in the Dump.log says:

Winamp client version: 5.36 build 1504 Beta
winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module nde.dll at 001b:0218894f.

Exception handler called in Winamp.
Error occurred at 8/29/2007 18:31:02.
C:\Winamp\winamp.exe, run by Siggi.
Operating system: Windows XP (5.1.2600).
2 processor(s), type 586.
40% memory in use.
2048 MBytes physical memory.
1220 MBytes physical memory free.
3941 MBytes paging file.
3163 MBytes paging file free.
2048 MBytes user address space.
1898 MBytes user address space free.
Read from location 00000028 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI: 0x00000000 ESI: 0x02853310 EAX: 0x02853310
EBX: 0x02189290 ECX: 0x0647e0ec EDX: 0x00000000
EIP: 0x0218894f EBP: 0x0647e178 SegCs: 0x0000001b
EFlags: 0x00010202 ESP: 0x0647e0e0 SegSs: 0x00000023

Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 47 28 85 c0 c7 44 24 14 ff ff ff ff 74 06 8b

Can anyone says me whats wrong on my Winamp Beta (actually version)

Thanks.
Old 29th August 2007, 18:28   #197
tarrkid

Quote:
Did you install with multi-user settings? It might live in c:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\winamp
Yes, I should have been clearer. Yes, I used multi-user settings, and yes, I found all the other vmd files where they were supposed to be, but not the one in question.
Old 29th August 2007, 18:39   #198
tarrkid

Quote:
I got it figured out.

I renamed my \Application Data\Winamp\ folder, reinstalled so it would recreate that folder, and brought up the panel in question (just to make sure it would work). Then I started looking for differences in the Application Data folder.

I found that in gen_ml, there was a different line in there:

query1_mode=2817

^^^ That was in the non-working version.

When I replaced it with query1_mode=1, which is what was in the working version, everything worked fine. I could even delete the corrupt vmd file and it would be dutifully recreated by Winamp.

Thanks for the help.
Old 29th August 2007, 18:52   #199
Banditbond

Hi!

I have the same prob. (see: Siggi0904)

Sometimes it works for about 15min without any problems, than it crashes right after opening winamp (8 out of 10 times).

This only happens on my desktop, laptop works fine.

Latest dump log:
Quote:
Winamp client version: 5.36 build 1504 Beta
winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module nde.dll at 001b:022090f0.

Exception handler called in Winamp.
Error occurred at 8/29/2007 11:41:34.
C:\Programme\Winamp\winamp.exe, run by x.
Operating system: Windows XP (5.1.2600).
2 processor(s), type 586.
29% memory in use.
2047 MBytes physical memory.
1446 MBytes physical memory free.
3944 MBytes paging file.
3377 MBytes paging file free.
2048 MBytes user address space.
1880 MBytes user address space free.
Read from location 00000028 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI: 0x00000000 ESI: 0x13b354ec EAX: 0x00000000
EBX: 0x022090d0 ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0xec87000a
EIP: 0x022090f0 EBP: 0x13b2ce18 SegCs: 0x0000001b
EFlags: 0x00010202 ESP: 0x042ad9d4 SegSs: 0x00000023

Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 4f 28 50 e8 c7 d7 ff ff 85 c0 8b 5c 24 2c 89
BTW:
Why does Winamp only download the latest topic of every podcast (when auto-download on)?
Old 29th August 2007, 19:08   #200
Siggi0904

Hi,

my Winamp works fine, as long as I dind't open the Album Art Tab in the ML.

I can listen every MP3 and other things.

If I open anyone of the Album Art sections, the Winamp goes immediately down.

Sometimes the actually Winamp creates the dump.log and the other file.

Whats wrong of that?

Thanks for replay.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion