Old 29th August 2007, 19:30   #201
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
found a bug, too
In ml I added a Album view long time ago with the settings filename begins with D:\Mp3s\Alben\
know after several starts of the new beta there were only 3 albums left in the view, but under local media all files are there. I deleted the view and readded it and the problem is gone. dunno why and can't reproduce it - sorry

o_0
Old 29th August 2007, 20:03   #202
MarkRH

I noticed that when removing a song from the ML, it keeps the album art associated with the song intact. When I readded the song, it kept the same incorrect album art (I had actually deleted the incorrect folder.jpg file before re-adding the file).

Yeah, I made the mistake of Getting Cover Art for another song that was in my "Country" folder along with many other single songs.. and those have incorrect album art now.

Anyway, probably just need to make sure to de-index songs from the album art db/cache when they are removed from the ML.
Old 29th August 2007, 20:07   #203
Ojay

Quote:
New: [in_mp3] Multi-channel mp3surround support
FINALLY!!! I was waiting for that for more than a year up to now!!
Old 29th August 2007, 20:37   #204
MarkRH

Here's another thing I noticed. I keep a playlist loaded all the time, so there's always a song currently loaded in the Winamp player. Well, when first starting Winamp, and playing the song already in the player, the Album Art window does not show the album art for the song. I'd have to do a next/prev to activate the load album art routine to show it.

[Edit -> DJ Egg]
Yup. Known and already fixed for the next build. Thanks
Old 29th August 2007, 21:10   #205
pihug12

Quote:
Originally posted by pihug12
I found a bug in all version of Winamp.

I can't listen music (it plays very fast) while playing BomberClone : ht tp://bomberclone.source forge.net/homepage/ (remove the spaces).

Can you please fix that bug ?
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@pihug12
Sorry, we can't reproduce the problem.
What file formats are affected? mp3, wma, wav, ogg, m4a, mod, midi, cda, other/all?
Probably your soundcard/drivers or maybe Output plugin config to blame...?
All file formats are affected. I have Windows Vista. The game uses SDL (maybe it can help you).
I don't have this problem with XMPlay (an other audio player).

pihug12

Last edited by pihug12; 29th August 2007 at 21:59.
Old 29th August 2007, 21:44   #206
Ojay

Okay, some feedback on the new in_mp3 plugin and here especially on the mp3Surround extension:

1. the MPEG File Info Box behaves buggy. Sometimes, all the mp3 info is shown but sometimes only the "Payload Size" and nothing else. I couldn't find any systematics behind that behavior, it happened (or did not happen) with files from any mp3 encoder I tried, it happened (or did not happen) with and without ID3 tags or APEv2 tags, very small or very large MP3 files, mp3, mp3Surround or mp3SX... The only systematics I could find was that the bahavior was reproducible for one and the same file and never changed...

[Edit -> DJ Egg]
Yup. Someone else reported this and sent us a sample file. Should be fixed in the next build (please let us know if not).

2. The mp3Surround extension works like a charm. It recognizes and works with all possible file sizes, it works with mp3Surround files as well as with mp3SX files, it works in CBR mode and with (by the encoder officially not supported) mp3Surround files in VBR mode at middle and very high bitrates. Well done! Looks very good!

[Edit]: 6-ch 24-bit decoding works as well.

Last edited by Ojay; 29th August 2007 at 23:01.
Old 29th August 2007, 22:50   #207
pjn123
Major Dude

Replace the file in your "\Winamp\Skins\Winamp Modern\xml" folder with the attached one.

And Benski... please touch up the <Wasabi:Frame/> object. The width param doesnt seem to do its job.
And maybe touch up the new thing I've added.

Dont wanna give it away. All I'll say is that the Winamp3 lovers will love this. The latest version is needed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pledit-normal.zip (1.6 KB, 385 views)

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
Old 29th August 2007, 23:36   #208
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
Hehe pieter,
did the same thing w/ albumart yesterday - i wanted also include the old playlist sidecar, but was too tired...

So here is the Playlist sidecar + albumart.
http://stashbox.org/35120/player-normal.zip

It's position is now on the right (like wa3) and the frame uses the new params benski inlcuded (details will follow in my changelog when the final is released...) as well as snapping to the right when w<maxwidth

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 30th August 2007, 00:30   #209
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos
Hehe pieter,
did the same thing w/ albumart yesterday - i wanted also include the old playlist sidecar, but was too tired...

It's position is now on the right (like wa3) and the frame uses the new params benski inlcuded (details will follow in my changelog when the final is released...) as well as snapping to the right when w<maxwidth
Did you upload the wrong file? player-normal instead of pledit-normal?
Old 30th August 2007, 02:50   #210
jmbattle

Hello chaps,

Well I have been using build 1504 for almost a day now and the stability really has improved considerably. I no longer experience seemingly random crashes when flicking through views in the Media Library.

The pmp_ipod Album Art still causes problems for me, however, crashing Winamp whenever I connect my Nano. It's not such a big problem as I shall continue to use the excellent ml_ipod - with any luck abu will add similar Album Art views to his plugin shortly.

On a related topic, I wonder if there are any plans to add an Album Art view to pmp_usb in the near future?

Keep up the great work,
James
x

EDIT: Strange, my pmp_usb has an 'Album Artist / Album Art' view, but not a 'Artist / Album Art' view, nor can I add one in the editor using the 'Other...' option.

Last edited by jmbattle; 30th August 2007 at 03:40.
Old 30th August 2007, 03:35   #211
iron2000

The cursor seem to disappear when its at the ML column header row.

Thanx
Old 30th August 2007, 05:26   #212
djpete
Major Dude

when you have a long playlist where the scroll bar kicks in, the file times are cut off...see jpg.

Also when you upgrade to this version history for most played and recently played seems to get deleted and also doesn't work.
I have tried editing the view but no go..

A lot faster than other versions!
Just feels more stable already...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (52.1 KB, 300 views)

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group

Last edited by djpete; 30th August 2007 at 05:43.
Old 30th August 2007, 08:47   #213
Cianca

Quote:
Hehe pieter,

don't work

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Old 30th August 2007, 11:35   #214
VooDoo`
Major Dude

how can I add the new albumart elsewere in the skin?

o_0

Last edited by VooDoo`; 30th August 2007 at 11:59.
Old 30th August 2007, 12:14   #215
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by kzuse
It's just... 5 more files which were not needed before
more recently, most "new" files are not really new at all, just pulling out code from other plugins into their own files, so that the code can be reused more effectively than duplicated (like all the image loaders coming out of gen_ff). Id much rather see them seperated out, than think of winamp having code to load gif's in there three times.

That was my big annoyance with predixis, it had its own decoder and tag editor code, when winamp was sat alongside it with perfectly good code and api's available for reuse.

Old 30th August 2007, 13:25   #216
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
uh - i think my eyes were too tired...
here are the working files w/ my code from yesterday + <playlistdirectory> + the album art fixes in one zip.
http://stashbox.org/35207/Winamp%20Modern.zip
Extract to WinampDir/Skins/Winamp Modern

See this for the contents of this package:
http://stashbox.org/35206/wamodern%20copy.png

Old 30th August 2007, 13:38   #217
pjn123
Major Dude

Here is my suggestion for the integrated album art. It doesnt look right in the playlist. I open the playlist for the playlist.... not the album art. With the cover there the playlist window will be like a SUI interface on its own.

And for me it looks better on the left side... Maybe comments from other people?

Please backup your copy of the attach file before you replace it. I think it looks better this way. Needs a script to hide it at small resolutions. Will post a screenshot after this post.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z player-normal-group.7z (4.1 KB, 322 views)

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Old 30th August 2007, 13:40   #218
pjn123
Major Dude

Here is the screenshot for the lazy people
Attached Images
File Type: png preview.png (49.9 KB, 326 views)

Old 30th August 2007, 13:52   #219
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

i choosed the right side for 2 reasons:
1) wasabi:frame works smoother right aligned
2) in winamp3 it was also on the rigth side

i personally like the cover in the playlist.
but all this additions we post here do not mean they will go into winamp modern - i just show examples.

For the albumart in the player - i would prefer a own window instead.

Old 30th August 2007, 14:36   #220
synthetiq

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
Here is the screenshot for the lazy people

my opinion is that is a very small album art in the main window

i rather prefer a slide album art window in the left side of the main window, to show / hide the cover

thanks
Old 30th August 2007, 15:00   #221
Cianca

Quote:
uh - i think my eyes were too tired...
here are the working files w/ my code from yesterday + <playlistdirectory> + the album art fixes in one zip.
http://stashbox.org/35207/Winamp%20Modern.zip
Extract to WinampDir/Skins/Winamp Modern

See this for the contents of this package:
http://stashbox.org/35206/wamodern%20copy.png

gurumeditationerror:albumart.maki:nullobjectcalled

Old 30th August 2007, 15:40   #222
da-wago

Installed the beta. I'm looking forward to testing it.

Start-Up Problem:
It seems I have to click my Winamp Icon twice to get Winamp to load. The first time Winamp player flashes but nothing happen. Second time it loads but all windows are empty. There is an approximate 30 sec. delay before I can begin using Winamp. After that it works great.

Install Question:
Should I have uninstalled Winamp before installing the beta?

I have Winamp Pro running on Windows Vista.

Thanks.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:08   #223
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Quote:
Originally posted by Cianca
gurumeditationerror:albumart.maki:nullobjectcalled
thx, but can you give me the error code? see plugins/freeform/guru.log

--> last entry

Old 30th August 2007, 17:23   #224
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
@martin,
can you scale the playlist 50 or 75% ... Im getting crashes.

But so far I've been unable to get any guru errors.
Old 30th August 2007, 17:35   #225
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

i know a similar issue - so it must be the playlist dir or the album art. will forward to benski

Old 30th August 2007, 17:53   #226
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Hello to everyone reading this forum,

Just a question to the devs,
I wasn't a big fan of the WA3 UI, but many people have been asking for some of the WA3 features for a while now. I have seen the sidecar mentioned a few times. And now it seems that you have been able to replicate that functionality within WA5. Which is amazing and awesome. I guess my question is, what changes were made to the core to make all of this possible? There has to be so much advance planning behind the scenes to be able to incorporate so many features and still expand with the future. Adding Album art is just amazing to me and then the last few days being able to move it to different areas of the player. You just blew my mind with being able to do that so easily.

The next question I have is functionality. I use winamp to rip my CDs. I just love the way that winamp does it. I like the CDDB engine, and the UI and the ease, ect. However, I install the sonic engine and then disable it within the player and put in the wnaspi32.dll file in the root folder. Is this still "prefered"?

Thanks for all of your hard work. Winamp is made of awesome.
Old 30th August 2007, 17:54   #227
TheUniqueTiger

Quote:
Originally posted by iron2000
The cursor seem to disappear when its at the ML column header row.
Same with me!

Also any answer to my previous post in this thread?

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 30th August 2007, 18:04   #228
synthetiq

question:
is there an option to show/hide the track number of the music in the main window songticker ?

i mean i was using WA 5.32 and have 5.36 in my laptop, and i found that difference, and wanted not to show the playlist item number in the main window songticker

thankx
Old 30th August 2007, 18:16   #229
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by synthetiq
question:
is there an option to show/hide the track number of the music in the main window songticker ?

i mean i was using WA 5.32 and have 5.36 in my laptop, and i found that difference, and wanted not to show the playlist item number in the main window songticker

thankx
Hey.. The playlist time number in the songticker is new in 5.36 (yes, the beta).. (Still, I didnt see this in the changelog before I saw it when I tried Winamp..?)
There will maybe be a tweaking for the songticker scrolling/spacing too (some letters disappear on the end..)

But back to topic.. Why dont you want the playlist number in the songticker? It is useful, we can see what number the song is on in the playlist...
I like it... I like 5.36 =)

EDIT: There is no option to show/hide the number (yet)...
Old 30th August 2007, 18:17   #230
VortX

Quote:
Originally posted by synthetiq
question:
+1
Old 30th August 2007, 18:23   #231
Cianca

Quote:
thx, but can you give me the error code? see plugins/freeform/guru.log

--> last entry
Thu Aug 30 15:59:22 2007 (Winamp Modern) - Ignoring call - #001C.FFFF07CF.40 Null object called

Old 30th August 2007, 18:24   #232
synthetiq

Quote:
But back to topic.. Why dont you want the playlist number in the songticker? It is useful, we can see what number the song is on in the playlist...

EDIT: There is no option to show/hide the number (yet)... [/B]
Because I prefer ONLY to show the artist name and track in the main window
( it's my opinion )

please include an option to disable/enable !
Old 30th August 2007, 18:28   #233
IndexDrive

Quote:
Originally posted by Karl-Johan
Winamp GUI looks weird on these beta versions. See attached JPG file. A part of the right side i cut off and vol.slider and buttons dislocated.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this is when using "Modern" skins. "Classic" skins looks fine. The same thing has happened to two computers, one using Vista and the other XP.
I have the same problem with the BETA.

ht tp://www.floppydisk.me.uk/hijackthis.log
ASUS PB5 Vista Premium Ed.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 & 2048Mb RAM
SB X-Fi
XFX Nvidia 8600GTS
Windows Vista
1680x1050 in desktop resolution
Winamp 5.36 Beta Preview 2 (Build 1504) PRO
No extra plugins
separate user settings
Old 30th August 2007, 19:28   #234
VooDoo`
Major Dude

I added a Album Art Button to the mainplayer window. feel free to try it out
Attached Files
File Type: zip modern.zip (26.1 KB, 481 views)

o_0
Old 30th August 2007, 19:31   #235
VooDoo`
Major Dude

...and a screenshot for the lazy peaple like me
Attached Images
File Type: gif aa_button.gif (19.9 KB, 555 views)

o_0
Old 30th August 2007, 20:13   #236
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@djpete1959
Reproduced the ml_playlists Time column issue. Thanks.
Couldn't repro the Most\Recently Played one though.

@iron2000 & TheUniqueTiger
Cursor disappearing over ml headers is listed in known bugs section of first post

@da-wago
Hmm, weird. You probably should've just installed the beta to a new clean dir.
At a guess, the problem could be caused by a conflict with an incompatible 3rd-party plugin, or with an older version of a 1st-party plugin (leftover from the previous install, ie. maybe you unchecked said feature in the beta installer?), or maybe even by one of the pmp plugins (pmp_p4s.dll, pmp_njb.dll, pmp_usb.dll are usually the 1st-party plugins reported as being to blame for slow startups, although we can't reproduce the problem).

@Juanus
Yes. Benski put in a heap of work rewriting/optimizing gen_ff.
Re: wnaspi32 // aspi is pretty much outdated under WinXP/Vista (the OS uses native spti instead). I personally find Sonic to be faster and less crashy/problematic than wnaspi32 (for playback & ripping).

@synthetiq & Kn0tte & VortX
Yup. Playlist Item# showing in Modern skin songticker is a known 1504-specific issue and will be fixed for the next beta. It was actually accidental, and shouldn't be there at all. Kn0tte: would you really be that bothered if we removed it again? (alas, it already has been removed in the internal builds).

@IndexDrive
Hmmm, well weird....
Is Winamp in WindowBlinds' exclusion list?
Old 30th August 2007, 20:54   #237
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@synthetiq & Kn0tte & VortX
Yup. Playlist Item# showing in Modern skin songticker is a known 1504-specific issue and will be fixed for the next beta. It was actually accidental, and shouldn't be there at all. Kn0tte: would you really be that bothered if we removed it again? (alas, it already has been removed in the internal builds).
Actually, it has been in both beta`s..
OK... Its okay, but I hope you do the other tweak - (spacing), heh....
But why remove it? It is in the Classic Skin Songticker, so why not in the modern? Its not a problem... I like it...

Keep up the good work DEVs, looking forward to the next beta... =)

Last edited by Kn0tte; 30th August 2007 at 22:42.
Old 30th August 2007, 23:01   #238
synthetiq

when can we expect a new build/ beta ?
i hope that WA 5.36 could be just like vista:

"the WOW starts now!!" hehe
Old 30th August 2007, 23:08   #239
jmbattle

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigF
[B]more recently, most "new" files are not really new at all, just pulling out code from other plugins into their own files, so that the code can be reused more effectively than duplicated (like all the image loaders coming out of gen_ff). Id much rather see them seperated out, than think of winamp having code to load gif's in there three times.
I am wondering if this is now becoming true for the ML libraries - is there repeat code used to create the new ML views (Album Art etc.)? I ask because it would seem that not all of the ML plugins (ml_local, ml_pmp, pmp_ipod etc.) share the same view abilities - ml_usb does not appear to be able to show Album Art etc.

If so, would it it not be a good idea to move such code into a separate library, or perhaps into gen_ml (assuming it isn't already...)?

Cheers,
James
x
Old 31st August 2007, 00:01   #240
DrO

jmbattle: some code just can't be shared since you can't expect the dependancy to be there though a lot is already in gen_ml (hence it's ever growing size from where it was after the initial splitting of gen_ml into it's component ml_*'s). the point about predixis was due to the pigdixis plugin being larger than even the winamp.exe and core components, with those views it would be a few kb most on duplication (more than enough in some people's eyes but then you have to duplicate code sometimes). as for the album art thing, it hasn't been completed being implemented in all areas (from what i understand)

synthetiq: when it's ready/decided to be released and that's all that's known until a release is decided on. there's no point in pushing out a new beta when some new things haven't been finished yet...

Kn0tte: it was never meant to have been in the modern skin songticker to begin with and was related to an optimisation in how the modern skin song ticker title was taken from winamp.exe and really it looks out of place with modern skins and was why it was never shown before from my understanding. and a altered songticker position is in the internal builds now so there's no need to keep asking about it

djpete1959: ml_playlists issue is resolved now

-daz
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion