Old 14th September 2007, 12:12   #81
Maxim

*bump* for my request to get it to load cover images with the wrong extension.
Old 14th September 2007, 12:20   #82
soulstace

Another vote for adjusting album art priority

winamp always reads folder.jpg, and in many cases, thats the wrong cover art for songs/albums in my music folder that haven't been organized into subfolders yet.

I would prefer to read album art directly from tags only.

Excellent progress on 5.5 btw. keep up the excellent work!
Old 14th September 2007, 12:22   #83
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos
@VooDoo`
What is the problem? You run a vis (let's say in big sui, then you close it via ctrl+caps+k, and you switch to ml and back ti vis. here it is intended to open the vis again. the bug is that after the vis is hidden it should switch back to the previous component.
if the vis is not open and I go to the vis-skin-settings an choose the option "multi content view (stretched)" or "(mini)" nothing happens, It only works if the vis-component is opened in sui.

after I do that (activate the big vis-component) and choose the "multi content view (stretched)" or "(mini)" it works, now I have a little vis next to the file info or a stretched vis. if I now open the vis-component in sui the stretched or mini vis goes away. thats ok, because winamp cannot show two visualiziation windows, but if I know go back to ML or something the stretched or mini vis should come back, but doesn't

hope my english is good enough to understand this

o_0
Old 14th September 2007, 12:33   #84
synthetiq

Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos
For the wa modern sidecar lovers:
http://shup.com/Shup/3763/wa_modern_sidecar.exe
took the time to create an installer - hope it works...

YOUR'RE THE MAN
THANKS...
hope this feature to be mnplemented as a standard feature...
and have the hability to show both sides (right or left), refresh cover, etc...

once again thanks
Old 14th September 2007, 13:18   #85
Nightyx

hey guys,

good work so far.
but i have sth to complain. is it possible to resize the player window (upper left corner) or the fileinfo section on right side of it. i tried to hide this fileinfo section but i doenst work.

is it possible? will it be possible??

greetings from ger

olli
Old 14th September 2007, 13:19   #86
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
ah know what you mean, voodoo.
i think the current behaviour is the behavior is intended.
will think about it again

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 14th September 2007, 13:32   #87
flocksoft
Major Dude

bento & the mouse wheel

Winamp 5.5 1550 (full no third party) on Windows XP SP2 PRO Eng

1) in the Multi Content View, when Stored Playlists is selected, the mouse behaviour is reversed (respect to the other lists) and shows empty lines before the first and after the last ones (tested with skinned scrollbars on & off, and with mouse scrolling 3 lines (Windows default) and "scroll full page") (see attached image)

2) not a bug, maybe an inconsistency: default Bento setup shows ~5 lines in playlist (with Tahoma 11), but the mouse scrolling is hardcoded to 8 lines, so the songs 6 & 7 (6+8*K and 7+8*K, with K integer number) are invisible to mouse scrolling (of course changing font size, the result could change); of course, expanding vertically the playlist this problem doesn't occur
Attached Images
File Type: png empty lines.png (4.6 KB, 293 views)

Last edited by flocksoft; 14th September 2007 at 13:54.
Old 14th September 2007, 13:40   #88
Dingens

Hey guys,
mighty stuff! Bento is great, album art is great.
A few questions/suggestions:

Quote:
1. The songticker scroll seems discontinuous in both Modern & Bento skins, unlike upto 5.36 beta 2. I wish its continuous till 5.5 final.
I guess what was meant was: The ticker scrolls once and then stops. I too would like to see it scrolling continously.

Quote:
The only downside of Bento I can think of is that everything is too small. Especially since Winamp Modern, WiMP and iTunes show everything quite big
I would agree here, it is pretty small. Anything that can be done about this?

My main concern (and maybe it just didn't use it right so far) is:
In the old version we had a docked toolbar, in which the top of the screen was used by winamp alone. The other non winamp windows were underneath it, therefore one could reach all parts of the main window underneath. IF yi now go into windowshade mode the small window is on top of the non winamp window and blocks the little controls to e.g. close the non winamp window. So in windowshade mode the non-winamp windows are not moved slightly down. What did I miss here?
See screenshot:

Thanks
Rolf
Old 14th September 2007, 14:05   #89
psik0tik

great work!

If you can add/improve the regex for the cover detection, that would be nice!
like *cover*.jpg|png|gif or *front*.jpg|png|gif or *back*.jpg|png|gif , *%Album*.jpg|png|gif, .....
Old 14th September 2007, 14:09   #90
Alpha2k6

It feels like the playlist window on the bento skin is way to small.. or am i missing some way to increase the size to see more songs ??
Old 14th September 2007, 14:12   #91
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Alpha2k6
There's an 'Expand/Collapse' button at the bottom of the Playlist scrollbar.

@Dingens
I can't reproduce the problem with the songticker. It continuously scrolls for me.
Which skin? Bento, Modern, Classic, other (3rd-party)?
If Bento or Modern, what setting? Modern or Classic songticker?
Old 14th September 2007, 14:23   #92
TheUniqueTiger

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@Kn0tte & VortX
The songticker issues are referenced in the notes (known issues) section of the first post.

@TheUniqueTiger
1. What do you mean exactly by "discontinuous"?
2. I just turn the reflections for time and vis off in Bento settings, heh
3. Do you mean: Prefs > Media Library > Library Options tab > Send To Options: Show all playlists on send to menu? If yes, then it displays fine here. What's your DPI settings?
4. Can't reproduce. Which ML scrollbars? All? Every view/pane? Windows OS, graphics card, mouse?
1. I think the lagging thing & the discontinuous thing is the same... Anyway I hope you got that & it will be fixed.
2. Well as said in another post, everything is so small in the Bento skin as compared to other media players like WMP11. Please think about some space below the bars visualizations so that proper reflection can be seen and not simply a vague shadow below it which is cut off.
3. I meant the node under Media Library in Prefs (below CD Ripping). (mentioned by someone else too!)
4. May be its specific to my computer, may be related to the Aero style I applied to XP... WinXP Pro SP2, Onboard Intel Graphics Accelerator.

I played Winamp whole day today and tried out many of its features and absolutely no crashes... Its really stable.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 14th September 2007, 14:30   #93
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@TheUniqueTiger
Please post a screenshot for #3
Old 14th September 2007, 14:49   #94
flocksoft
Major Dude

cd playback and sonic ripping/burning

Winamp 5.5 1550 (full no third party) on Windows XP SP2 PRO Eng

Sonic Ripping/Burning support now it's required to play CD's (with Sonic or also with wnaspi32.dll!)

the attached file is the install.ini for a minimal installation not playing CD's (similar setup with other builds worked); enabling Sonic Ripping/Burning support, CD's are played again (also with wnaspi32.dll)

/edit: solved, the problem is caused by wnaspi32.dll in Winamp directory, removing this file all is ok (in previous versions to play CD's without Sonic Engine, in my configuration wnaspi32.dll has to to be in Winamp folder) (so also the following post in useless)

Last edited by flocksoft; 14th September 2007 at 15:28.
Old 14th September 2007, 14:52   #95
flocksoft
Major Dude

Re: cd playback and sonic ripping/burning

Quote:
Originally posted by flocksoft
the attached file is the install.ini for a minimal installation not playing CD's (similar setup with other builds worked); enabling Sonic Ripping/Burning support, CD's are played again (also with wnaspi32.dll)
here the attached file
Attached Files
File Type: zip install.zip (761 Bytes, 308 views)
Old 14th September 2007, 14:53   #96
TheUniqueTiger

Here's a screenshot to explain... (the selected node under Media Library)

Also the scrollbar issue in my previous post is not limited to Bento, its the same with Winamp Modern skin, with or without freeform scrollbars. (I had the Aero style for XP earlier too and didn't notice such behavior upto 5.36b2) I guess its something to do with the mousemove event, as moving the mouse over vertical scrollbar flickers both the vertical & horizontal scrollbar. Happens with all views in ML.

(I tried 5 times but couldn't get a screenshot for this scrollbars thing, such flickers don't show up in screenshots!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp prefs.jpg (38.5 KB, 315 views)

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
Old 14th September 2007, 14:55   #97
soulstace

Quote:
@Alpha2k6
Media library needs to be open btw.

Last edited by soulstace; 14th September 2007 at 15:12.
Old 14th September 2007, 15:08   #98
Cianca

OH MY GOD

AMAZING...

EDIT: sidecar for bento founded!!!

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Old 14th September 2007, 15:21   #99
synthetiq

i found the same bug as TheUniqueTiger in the Prefs window...it should say "history" but it's blank

could someone help me to create a smart view under ML to show only the albums covers (only covers)

and if i have a mix cd ( in mp3 format of course )from an artist (eg: a dj)with different track names and artists and try to create a view in ML, it creates a cover to each artist and uses the same folder.jpg to everyone.. so if i have 10 mp3's from that mix cd it creates 10 covers in ML, even if the main artist is a dj.

hope you can get what i say... sorry my poor english
Old 14th September 2007, 15:21   #100
Cianca

mmm... bug for playlist sidecar

when i add a playlist it refresh

whwn i delete a playlist no

however....

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Old 14th September 2007, 15:23   #101
PatrickNeil

One bug I've been noting is that when selecting multiple albums in the album art view, it often selects the album after the last one I want it to select as well. Say I have three albums in a row, this happens is when I select album 1, hold shift, and select album 2, and it will also select album 3. Happens on all skins.

Patrick
Old 14th September 2007, 15:25   #102
golem

I have a nano ipod, (the second skinny one: 2G). I selected ipod nano (NOT the one with (widescreen)) but I see a video option inside my ipod in the media library. Also the 'Add album art to tracks during transfer' cannot be disabled, I mean, you can disable it but when you re enter to the iPod options page in preferences it's enabled again.
Old 14th September 2007, 15:33   #103
NickMikh

Send a message via ICQ to NickMikh Send a message via Yahoo to NickMikh
I have found an interesting mistake. The installer is translated to different languages, but it has 3 mistakes in one sentence in one place when I choose the skin (modern radio button label):

"Современный вид - (Оптимизирован для бльших (больших) эранов (экранов), улучшенно(улучшено) удобство использования)"

Incorect (Correct)

Moreover, there should be either brackets or dash, not two together.
Old 14th September 2007, 15:36   #104
flocksoft
Major Dude

in classic skins, the playlist position scroller shows the position - 1
Attached Images
File Type: png playlist position.png (26.3 KB, 293 views)
Old 14th September 2007, 15:37   #105
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@soulstace
That is expected behaviour.
It only scrolls if the title is too long to fit in the songticker.
As far as I know, it's always been like that (with Modern skins, at least).

@TheUniqueTiger & synthetiq
Hmm, strange. I can't reproduce it, but thanks anyway.
Maybe DrO/Benski knows what's going on there...?
[Edit] Yup. Fixed. Thanks.

@flocksoft
Doh! The wnaspi32/spti fix isn't in the builds.
I don't know how this happened, because it was definitely fixed in the internal builds, but now it's not even in the internal builds any more.
When primosdk.dll is disabled, on CD Playback, Winamp crashes if wnaspi32.dll is present, and playback stutters like hell if no wnaspi32 (ie. if using native spti instead).

Note this entry in the beta changelog (2nd post in thread):

-Fixed: [in_cdda] Crash when using aspi, stuttering when using spti (with sonic disabled/not present) (5.36beta-specific)

Alas, that fix isn't in, heh.
I've edited the post accordingly.

Re: Classic skin songticker showing playlist entry -1
Reproduced. Thanks.

@PatrickNeil
Re: Using Shift+cursor to select icons in albumart pane
Reproduced. Thanks.
Should be fixed in the next public build.
Old 14th September 2007, 15:38   #106
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
@Alpha2k6

@Dingens
I can't reproduce the problem with the songticker. It continuously scrolls for me.
Which skin? Bento, Modern, Classic, other (3rd-party)?
If Bento or Modern, what setting? Modern or Classic songticker?
Hey DJ Egg - I can try to explain it for you.. heh

Now I am talking about the "Classic Songticker" style in Modern skin (maybe Bento also, im not sure)..
Look at it... It scrolls, and suddenly it got a 1 second lag/kick, so it will be pushed to the right side... After than, it scrolls again... Then after some seconds, it gets that lag/kick again, and will be pushed to the right side again..

Next, about what Dingens said... When he said that it did NOT continuously scrolls, I think he used the "Modern Songticker"-style.... If not, it is the lag issue...

DJ Egg - Use the Modern skin, use the "Classic Songticker"- style, play a song that has a long enough text to scroll, and then look at it.... Sometimes, you see that it gets a lag/kick....
I would be glad to see that 1 second lag to be fixed...

Then, another thing....
WHEN using the "Modern Songticker" style, the text lags a bit more than before... Can this be fixed?
Overall, I like the songticker in 5.5 very much... We can choose between the styles... I love it...

Then, another thing..
WHEN using the "Modern Songticker" style, I mentioned something about space to the right side... I sent you a file in 5.36 Beta2, and it got fixed...
Then when the playlist item number got removed from the text, it isnt as correct as before (I think)..
I will try to fix that again and send you a new file...
As for the other things above, you will have to fix that.. I can take care of the space-thing only...

Earlier in this thread, I posted something about a speed-bar for the Songticker...
Is it possible to implement an OWN speed-bar for the Songticker?
I got that idea when I tried to set the "Timers Resolution" to the best my machine can handle (it was 15ms), and the songticker were scrolling very fast...

Keep up the good work..

EDIT: #2 I posted above, may not be so important after all.... As it is now, the text scrolls equal in both styles (if you understand what I mean)..It is #1 which is most important thing...
Let me know what you think..
Old 14th September 2007, 15:46   #107
em3

I have problems with the album art. None of my files have covers included in the tag (2 files did but I deleted these with Mp3Tag). But still after reinstall of Winamp and rescan of the music folders these covers are still there. And when I display album art in the Media Library these 2 covers are randomly (it seems) assigned to ~50% of albums. (see attached image)

All my album art is collected in a folder with the album name as filename. It would be great if there were settings for album art to look in an extra folder or something other than the folder where the mp3 is located.

Concerning Bento.
* When a mp3/video is longer then 9:99 the filename and time display are on top of each other.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg art.jpg (56.5 KB, 286 views)
Old 14th September 2007, 15:49   #108
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Kn0tte
The songticker lag is referenced in the Known Issues section of the first post.
ie. There's no need for anyone to keep going on about it ;-)

The other issues are for Martin/Benski, so I'll leave that for them to respond.

@all
Please read the first two posts in the thread fully before posting here. Thanks :-)
Old 14th September 2007, 15:57   #109
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
@Kn0tte
The songticker lag is referenced in the Known Issues section of the first post.
ie. There's no need for anyone to keep going on about it ;-)

The other issues are for Martin/Benski, so I'll leave that for them to respond.
Ok.. I just wanted to explain the 1 second lag (which pushed the text to the right side) when using the "Classic Songticker"-style.....
That is the most important thing...

As for #2 I posted, it may not be so important... I just dont want one "style" to lag more than the other style (and it dont either)...
Just focus on the special lag in "Classic"-style..
It is so difficult to explain it.. But as of the know issues, I think you know what I mean know...
Just look at it.. Stare at it... The text will sometimes be pushed to the right side..

Yeye.... Enough about that..
I will try to fix the space thing (OK)?
Once again, I love 5.5(0) so much..
Old 14th September 2007, 16:12   #110
DrO

Quote:
@TheUniqueTiger
Hmm, strange. I can't reproduce it, but thanks anyway.
Maybe DrO/Benski knows what's going on there...?
will have to double-check that ml_history is storing/initing it's prefs item text correctly - is the only thing that i can think off which would cause that issue

-daz
Old 14th September 2007, 16:21   #111
TheUniqueTiger

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
will have to double-check that ml_history is storing/initing it's prefs item text correctly - is the only thing that i can think off which would cause that issue

-daz
I have disabled ML history in Prefs.
Someone please confirm the scrollbar issue. I think the scrollbar thing happens when I move the mouse over the scrollbar, so it may be a display issue.
Thanks.

Old 14th September 2007, 16:27   #112
flocksoft
Major Dude

[OFF TOPIC] the most expensive iPod shuffle in the world

Winamp 5.5 supports this iPod Shuffle?

http://www.repubblica.it/2006/05/gal...iu-caro/3.html
Old 14th September 2007, 16:29   #113
LostFuzz

Would it be possiable to have an option in a future release to have the playlist show as a tab nex to the "Media Libarary" tab in the Winamp Bento skin.

Below is an mock image of what im asking for:
Old 14th September 2007, 16:50   #114
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
Even if i do not reply - i will note all bugs about bento.

Well, i have fixed the timer/songticker overlapping - please test in the next beta, since it is hard to get all possibilites/text constellations tested

Then i know why winamp crashes when doing an aol search. Benski will hopefully find a way to fix this inside gen_ff

Old 14th September 2007, 16:57   #115
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

@lostfuzz
i do not think we'll do that, but you never know...

Old 14th September 2007, 17:27   #116
TheUniqueTiger

Looks like I can't change the 'Orig. Artist' of a MP3 in the ID3v2 tab of File Info box.

Old 14th September 2007, 17:45   #117
ujay
Forum King

Like the Bento skin very much

Found the sizing and content controls I need to set it up how I want, the only thing missing is a few layout controls, are they available somewhere? e.g Move the main window from leftside to rightside, move the ML above the other windows.

Thank you for the 'Brighter' colour theme. could hardly read the default

Quick look over shows that the stream links for radio are not working for Bento, and the SI window is not working at all for other skins.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightyx
... is it possible to resize the player window (upper left corner) or the fileinfo section on right side of it ...
Exactly as you would for a modern skin
Winamp Menu > Window settings > Scaling.
Is that what you mean ?

[edit] A scale factor of 135% gives me a 6 item playlist(size 14 text)

UJ
Old 14th September 2007, 17:50   #118
MaK77

something that i don't understand in the new cover art editor...

a) if i choose Download Art on an mp3 without Album tag i see cover for all the albums from that artist, how can i know what is the correct one? would not be possible to filter based on albums that actually contain that track title (or have a details on covers with track list)?

b) After i do a Download Art a cover.jpg is saved into the folder containing the MP3, what if that folder contains MP3s from different albums?

c) Would it be possible to add into Artwork tab an indicator to tell if the cover is taken from file or from tag? maybe it should be shown only if it's present in tag since this is a tag editor

d) if a cover art is not present in id3v2 tag (or the mp3 has not an id3V2) would it be possible to have a button "add this cover to tag", or have an option to automatically put into id3v2 on cover select (and if tag not present synch id3v2 with id3v1 and add image)? How can i add a cover to id3v2 instead of saving to local folder?

Hwv, Good work!
Old 14th September 2007, 18:05   #119
abyz

Very nice - at first I was skeptical of the new skin but it's growing on me. I have the same request as Nightyx though - is there a way to widen the player window (top-left) portion of the bento skin? The boundary between the file info pane and the playlist pane is draggable, but the boundary between the file info pane and player window pane is not, and the player window pane is awfully cramped. Additionally, dragging the file info/playlist boundary all the way to the right hides the playlist pane entirely, but is there a way to hide the file info pane entirely?

--abyz
Old 14th September 2007, 18:18   #120
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
I have disabled ML history in Prefs.
is exactly what i needed to know. is fixed so will be in there for the next build, thanks

-daz
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion