Old 15th September 2007, 20:50   #201
wnmnkh

When I change the theme to new Bento one during playing music files, winamp crashes. It does not happen when not playing music files.

Other than that, it is very solid build and I see no problem to use it.
Old 15th September 2007, 21:00   #202
proove2613

Two crashes with total block of Windows... Had to switch off manually... It happened when exiting Winamp with the icon remaining in the System Tray and no input (mouse, keyboard) works, tried CTRL-ALT-DEL -> Task Manager... Totally frozen!!
Old 15th September 2007, 21:04   #203
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@wnmnkh & proove2613
Sorry, but we can't reproduce either of those. You'll have to do better than that.
Old 15th September 2007, 21:05   #204
soulstace

@proove2613
Can you give us some steps to reproduce the problem? From your post I can't figure out what you were doing and why Windows crashed!
Old 15th September 2007, 21:26   #205
Maxim

I just noticed the spectrum analyser is screwed, for me. A test full install fixes it, copying all files from the old install to the new has no effect (doesn't break it). I'm guessing one of the things I deselected in the non-full install is needed for it to work. My install.ini is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt install.ini.txt (1.2 KB, 267 views)
Old 15th September 2007, 22:30   #206
doodle2

Hey there, great work on the new version!

I have one request regarding the new (and magnificent, I might add) Bento skin:

Can you please make it possible to select which tabs are viewable on the Media Library window?

I, for one, don't use Winamp for video nor visualization (I even uncheck both sections in the installer) - so the tabs for vis and video are totally useless for me.

That said, I don't care much for the "Browser" tab neither... I make my browsing outside of Winamp.

Adding an option to choose which tabs to use and which ones to hide would be great and make me very very happy

David
Old 15th September 2007, 22:30   #207
synthetiq

Sometimes when i'm (horizontal) resizing the ML i get this error...and I must close winamp...

(my idea is only to show album covers there, so i have the hide the left panel of ML )

screenshot:
http://stashbox.org/37177/assertion_failed.PNG
stashbox.org/37177/assertion_failed.PNG

translating the 2nd window, after i click OK in the assertion failed window:
the instuction in "..." makes reference to memory in "..." . Memory couldn't be "read"
Click ok to finish the program

edit:
this is the report zip: ht tp://rapidshare.com/files/56004535/report.zip.html

hope you can get it...

thankx

Last edited by synthetiq; 15th September 2007 at 22:55.
Old 15th September 2007, 22:56   #208
soulstace

@synthetiq

Similarly Reproduced

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6...2canvaswc1.png
img299.imageshack.us/img299/6548/win32canvaswc1.png
Old 15th September 2007, 23:15   #209
synthetiq

@soulstace

Mine is always in -> Line: 1368
(i'm a newbie/amateur so this is the only difference I see, lol)

and if I slide slowly in horizontal, sometimes error, sometimes not.

(sing Laptop compaq Evo, Intel pentium !!! mobile, WinXp SP2 portuguese)
Old 15th September 2007, 23:37   #210
Meshuggah

This isn't really a bug report but more of a feature request regarding the Cover Art and the Rating looks on Bento.

1. On the rating part of Bento, could the stars be gold or yellow or some brighter color where you can easily see how many stars are given?

2. I use a program called CD Art Display to download covers for my music and it displays it as a seperate box alongside winamp. It has a Covers folder where all covers are saved as %Artist - %Albumname.jpg. My question is, is it possible to add an options in Winamp options to instead of looking for album art where the mp3 is located, to look through a Covers folder and match up the ID3 tags to the cover? Also, if you could add that, could you add a way to download cover art exactly like this? You have the %whatever and it would save it into the Covers folder.

Basically it would be nice to be able to not have to use CD Art Display altogether and have just Winamp do this exact procedure.

ht tp://www.closetosoftware.com/?s=cdartdisplay

link to software

I forgot to add that this is the best build of Winamp I have ever downloaded and used. It gets better and better every beta!
Old 16th September 2007, 02:53   #211
denilson3

Send a message via AIM to denilson3 Send a message via Yahoo to denilson3
I've had several crashes on Vista when closing Winamp Bento in winshade mode while a track is paused. Winamp remains in the taskbar and I am unable to close or open other programs. Ctrl Alt Del works but then the Task manager does not start and a manual reboot is required. My laptop still responds with the usual "ding" when I unplug a USB device and dims the screen when I unplug the power cord. I think it may be a problem with dwm.exe because that has also crashed and recovered upon close of winamp at times (though this is a good thing as I am able to continue using the computer).

Though this has happened to me 4-5 times in the past two days, unfortunately I have been unable to repeat this with consistency. Perhaps someone else has encountered a similar problem and could shed light on the additional steps required to trigger the bug.
Old 16th September 2007, 03:37   #212
Jimekus

Send a message via Yahoo to Jimekus
Further to my unrecognized post re 5.36 not minimizing on a shell startup from VB6, the breakage appears to have been introduced between 5.32 and 5.35 whereby Winamp 5.5 still will not load minimized. Windows thinks it is, i.e, the task bar menu bolds only Restore, but Winamp shows normal on the desktop with the minimize button not working, thus leaving the system in an awkward conflict state of having to manually restore Winamp before manually minimizing. Maybe the extra startup time of Winamp is giving rise to this conflict. To the Wine developers, this conflict can be worked around by using shell with a string containing a Winamp class command line and using ShowNormal. Then I used s Sleep of 500ms before issuing a ShowMinimized.

On an unrelated topic i would like to address here to a developer of jump_ex a reissue of an old request to have the NextTrack selection remain in a stopped status if the manual playlist selection is made and there are entries in the queue just like the behavior that exists when there is no queue. I thought I could work around this but I can't. Thank you.
Old 16th September 2007, 05:12   #213
Perseid

@DJ Egg

I'm using AVS. I have already set the fullscreen settings, including resolution, to what I want, but now that the visualizer is larger it fills the window and gets cut off when I go back from fullscreen. Heh.
Old 16th September 2007, 05:25   #214
crfvendramini

Send a message via Yahoo to crfvendramini
Great release

I love the new skin Bento. Thank you for this release..
Old 16th September 2007, 05:39   #215
Jimekus

Send a message via Yahoo to Jimekus
Winamp 5.5 build 1550 has removed the playlist position from the front of the Windows task bar caption and now shows "artist - title - Winamp". Can someone fix this or tell me how to reinstate the playlist position at the beginning of this caption. The position gave me an approximate visual clue as to the speed of the song because my "Ingrid On Winamp" front end represents a playlist simulating a 100 turn slinky with a radius of 15bpm with all my songs spread out along the length of the slinky. When a song is playing, then every half hour there's a 70% chance that the shuffle will be turned on then off for the next song, thus assuring me an ocean of emotion, without getting numbed out from listening too long at the same tempo. Multiple Winamp instances play their next track or skip to a random song, using a TCP connection to beat mix tempo, within a range of tolerances.
Old 16th September 2007, 05:42   #216
Cleiton

Quote:
Originally posted by proove2613
Two crashes with total block of Windows... Had to switch off manually... It happened when exiting Winamp with the icon remaining in the System Tray and no input (mouse, keyboard) works, tried CTRL-ALT-DEL -> Task Manager... Totally frozen!!
the same here!

My laptop under Windows Vista Home Premium!!

Old 16th September 2007, 06:20   #217
osmosis
Major Dude

in the new (wonderful) unified editor, files appear to be reported at being "(VBR)" when they're not.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Old 16th September 2007, 06:24   #218
proove2613

Quote:
Originally posted by soulstace
@proove2613
Can you give us some steps to reproduce the problem? From your post I can't figure out what you were doing and why Windows crashed!
I guess it's some type of random crash... I just wanted to quit Winamp, clicked the X and the system froze... Mouse and keyboard not responding.

AMD Turion 64 x2 - nVidia 6150 - 1024 Ram - Vista Enterprise
Old 16th September 2007, 07:23   #219
DarkMirage

With Winamp maximized in my secondary monitor, the entire window jumps to my primary monitor when I open up Media Library. I run UltraMon.
Old 16th September 2007, 10:00   #220
The Absorbant

Problems with the Generate Playlist function :(

I really enjoyed the new "play tracks similar to" function - the ONE time it actually worked since install! Now, each time I try to use it, nothing happens... When I then open the plugin config it says "Error Initializing". I really liked the feature, what could be wrong?
Old 16th September 2007, 10:22   #221
soulstace

Crash seems to be a Vista-only problem.

I have seen Winamp have errors when closing it, but it hasn't crashed or froze my OS.

Athlon64 3000+ - nVidia 6600GT - 1.5GB Ram - Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 16th September 2007, 11:09   #222
dkordik

I had the same full computer crash issue this weekend twice during a party, ouch, serves me right for using a beta in such an environment, but good to hear I'm not the only one. Running Vista Ultimate, had to hard reboot each time. Bento is still pure sex, can't wait to use it stable!
Old 16th September 2007, 11:10   #223
waxmachine

Hi!

Winamp 5.5 build 1550 works well for me, except one thing: Winamp always crashes, when I plug in my MP3 player (Sandisk Sansa Express).
  • Clean Winamp install
  • No plugins
  • Windows XP SP2
Steps to reproduce:
  • Install Winamp
  • Enable Bento skin
  • Add some files to the media library
  • (optional: Collapse playlist with the respective button)
  • (optional: Remove some)
  • (optional: Remove columns Genre, Rating, Play Count, Played Last from the Track View)
  • Plug in the MP3 player and wait a few seconds
The error message is:

Runtime error!

Program C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe

R6025
- pure virtual function call

If you skip the optional steps above, Winamp will only crash about every second time you plug in the MP3 player. If you follow each step, Winamp will always crash. Moreover, if you have already plugged the player in and you start Winamp it immediately crashes.

I hope this helps
Michel
Old 16th September 2007, 12:40   #224
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@synthetiq
Does it only happen with the Bento skin, or also Modern and Classic?
Please attach the crash report to your post (zip it up and use the attachment feature via 'Post A Reply'). The attachment limit is 100kb.

@all
If screenshots/reports/attachments are larger than 100kb then please use stashbox.org (or mediafire.com or sendspace.com, if stashbox is ever down). Please do NOT use rapidshare or imageshack.
Note: If you've got less than 20 posts (Junior member status) then moderators/admin can still see any url's you post, even if it appears to say "url submitted by user" in your post.

@Meshuggah
As referenced in the Notes in the first post, the cover art config/options have not been implemented yet.

@Jimekus
1. You weren't ignored. It's just that I don't personally have any way of trying to reproduce the problem. Maybe someone who knows more about using vb6 shell startup(?) might know something...?
2. Yup, that is due to a recent gen_ff title modification. We'll see if it can be made an option to show/hide the playlist position in the taskbar icon & tooltip....

@Perseid
Hmm, strange. I can't reproduce the problem with AVS. We would need more precise details (see first post in thread).

@osmosis
Reproduced. Thanks.

@DarkMirage
Hmm. We can't reproduce the problem. At a guess, it's a problem with UltraMon...?

@The Absorbant
Close Winamp.
Go to the Winamp\Plugins\Gracenote folder
Delete the following files: cddbplm.pdb, cddbplm.idx, cddbplm.gcf
Reopen Winamp
Make sure you've got an internet conection and Winamp is granted access at the firewall level.
Go to: Winamp > Prefs > Plugins > Media Library > Playlist Generator > config.
Click the Scan button and wait until it completes (might take a while).
When done, the "Play tracks similar to" feature should be working.
Note that there might be some tracks which aren't in the gracenote database, and therefore nothing will happen when you try to use the Playlist Generator on them (I've got maybe about 250 tracks out of 30,000 like this).

@waxmachine
Hmmm. And it only happens with Bento skin, or also Modern and Classic?
Did the Sandisk Sansa Express cause a crash in Winamp 5.35, or is it just in 5.5 beta?

Re: Vista crashes

Alas, I don't personally have a test Vista system (though others on the dev team have).

Please provide as much information as possible
(see Bug Reporting section of first post).

Exact error messages (crash logs if possible), basic system specs (Vista version, cpu, soundcard, graphics card), confirmation of a clean install of 5.5beta with no 3rd-party plugins, exact step-by-step method of reproduction, whether it only happens with Bento skin and not Modern or Classic.
Old 16th September 2007, 12:49   #225
A Crazy German

I think I found a bug. I have the new skin in winshade and docked to the top with autohide enabled. Some times randomly on click to bring it out of winshade to bring up media library and my playlist it will maximize winamp to take up my whole screen.
Old 16th September 2007, 12:56   #226
waxmachine

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@waxmachine
Hmmm. And it only happens with Bento skin, or also Modern and Classic?
Did the Sandisk Sansa Express cause a crash in Winamp 5.35, or is it just in 5.5 beta?
Just checked that. It also crashes with Modern and Classic skin. And yes, Winamp 5.35 also crashed when I plugged in the Sansa Express. Thought this issue had been fixed. At least that's what Rocker said in the following thread:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....98#post2215998

Thanks
Michel
Old 16th September 2007, 13:34   #227
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@A Crazy German
At a guess, you're either also accidentally clicking the maximize button, or you're double-clicking (which there's an option in Bento settings to make act as maximize or winshade action).

@waxmachine
I'll bring that thread to Will's attention (pmp dev). Thanks.
Old 16th September 2007, 13:38   #228
DrO

Quote:
@Jimekus
2. Yup, that is due to a recent gen_ff title modification. We'll see if it can be made an option to show/hide the playlist position in the taskbar icon & tooltip....
is internally fixed now with it showing the position again though will be able to be disabed by those adding dotasknum=0 into the [Winamp] section of winamp.ini
not quite show how this was missed when also fixing the issue with the position not being shown for the classic songticker (related to the same gen_ff fix)

-daz
Old 16th September 2007, 13:43   #229
synthetiq

@DJ Egg

I get the same error using Modern or Classic skin

the report of the modern skin error is attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip report_modrn_skin.zip (40.2 KB, 372 views)
Old 16th September 2007, 14:02   #230
A Crazy German

@DJ Egg I double checked and I am not clicking the maximize button or double clicking I just tried it again and sure enough it maximized.
Old 16th September 2007, 14:56   #231
sentenced666

can i detach the video-window from the bento skin? would be nice, because i use winamp to play my videos on my second monitor...and winamp runs on the other monitor!

the design from bento is great but generally it were great, if alle components were fully flexible in the bento skin - do you know what i mean?

sorry for my bad english
Old 16th September 2007, 15:14   #232
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Quote:
Originally posted by sentenced666
can i detach the video-window from the bento skin? would be nice, because i use winamp to play my videos on my second monitor...and winamp runs on the other monitor!

the design from bento is great but generally it were great, if alle components were fully flexible in the bento skin - do you know what i mean?

sorry for my bad english
I don't understand this, I just don't

For many years people have been asking for the great all in one skins, they demanded that they would be included in the installer and everything.

Now there is one included in the installer, apart from the ones available from the skin section on the web site. What do we get now?

Can you separate the Video/AVS/Playlist?...fill in any window here folks..., I want to run them separate.

Guess what, you can't run them separate, it's a uni skin. Suck it up, princes. If you want to run separate windows, get one of the thousands of other skins out there.

(And quit apologizing about bad English, if you want to do better, just learn it).
Old 16th September 2007, 16:15   #233
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Quote:
Originally posted by Wildrose-Wally
Suck it up, princes. If you want to run separate windows, get one of the thousands of other skins out there.

(And quit apologizing about bad English, if you want to do better, just learn it).

o_0
Old 16th September 2007, 16:35   #234
DrO

he's got a perfectly valid point there, what's the point of a SUI skin with most of the windows being seperate - just isn't very SUI.

and in all honesty, some of the requests/comments made which contradict themselves like the SUI related things do make developers really wonder why the hell they bother to code anything at all... just something for people to keep in mind when they wonder why no one wants to code things for them/winamp

-daz
Old 16th September 2007, 16:43   #235
em3

There is one thing I really hate in Winamp. When I'm creating a playlist, I search the library for tracks, and If I double click on a track in the library the entire playlist is overwritten. I wish it was possible to keep the playlist while playing a track from the library.
Old 16th September 2007, 16:46   #236
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
he's got a perfectly valid point there, what's the point of a SUI skin with most of the windows being seperate - just isn't very SUI.
I do not have anything against his point.

oh... and sorry for my english

o_0
Old 16th September 2007, 16:46   #237
waxmachine

@Wildrose-Wally & @DrO:
I really do like the Bento skin. I liked it from the first moment. You guys do a great job, so don't bother about that too much.

Quote:
@waxmachine
I'll bring that thread to Will's attention (pmp dev). Thanks.
Thanks!

Michel
Old 16th September 2007, 16:49   #238
DrO

@em3: winamp has never been designed to work in that way - the playlist is where the available tracks to play have to be to be played. you have to remember that the media library is no more than a plugin anyone else could have implemented so it has to follow the winamp plugin design unless something was done to make a multi-instance playback core (/me waits for the Winamp3 lot to chirp up about this).

if you're worried about losing the playlist, then using the playlist undo plugin will help to keep you from major trouble of losing your current playlist

@waxmachine: i use classic skins apart from when i have to test things so i'm not too fussed either way (though Bento is one of the better SUI and of the modern skins that i've played with - is easier to get on with than a lot of the others since i prefer the ui to be clean and not overly bloated with gui elements that aren't really needed as some of the other SUI skins seem to go for imho)

@VooDoo`: was hard to judge what you meant with the symbol in response to WW's post

-daz
Old 16th September 2007, 17:07   #239
synthetiq

Quote:
Originally posted by em3
There is one thing I really hate in Winamp. When I'm creating a playlist, I search the library for tracks, and If I double click on a track in the library the entire playlist is overwritten. I wish it was possible to keep the playlist while playing a track from the library.

Just a tip: go to Preferences (ctrl+P), then go to Media Library item, and look at the first option "Double click or enter in the Library; ->chose enqueues slected item(s)

is it ?
Old 16th September 2007, 17:37   #240
synthetiq

Just an idea:
Why not an option to show/hide the winamp controls and/or a songticker in the Album art window,on mouse on, using the modern skin.

i really would like to have something like that on my desktop.

it's just an idea.
thankx
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion